Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, floridamom said:

IMO, that is a bad picture of Abbie. She looks like an old, washed out hag.

Yeah, the angle and scrunched up face is not flattering!  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, louannems said:

Personally, I am sick of Jana, Michelle and Jinger's orange fake tan. Pale, untanned skin is lovely; no need to tan in the tanning bed, the spray tan, or under the sun.

I agree with the over fake tan.  I was thinking more of the body lotion that has a little bit of bronzer (?) in it or even a couple sweeps of powder makeup to give her skin a healthy fresh glow, not a Mechelle type of tan. 

• Love 4
On 4/6/2019 at 2:19 PM, Lunera said:

I don't understand how fake bake became a thing among fundie women. Was Got-hard a fan of darker skinned women? I was watching a recent CO episode and and Kendra's sister looked completely orange.

Screenshot_20190406-121212_Instagram-1080x857.thumb.jpg.272d2e09f12108646a289de6c3aabd1b.jpgScreenshot_20190406-120344_Google.thumb.jpg.4f6ea051e91da5e3651acfe0c35b0274.jpg

Screenshot_20190406-120157_Instagram-1080x1063.thumb.jpg.9f0f3c3a75d15aab1dc0fc184b6bf8dd.jpgRare picture of Jana and Jinger when they were white.

So Jinger always had bad posture?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Thank you, MyPeopleAreNordic.

When my husband (olive skinned Italian) and I visited Ireland he told me “Look! Everyone here is pasty white like you!” 😂

I never tried a fake bake but I did my share of sunbathing as a teen.  The legacy of those years is annual skin checks at the dermatologist, numerous pre-cancerous lesions frozen off, and to date, one basal cell cancer removed.  I am an SPF 50 girl now.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Thank you, MyPeopleAreNordic.

When my husband (olive skinned Italian) and I visited Ireland he told me “Look! Everyone here is pasty white like you!” 😂

I never tried a fake bake but I did my share of sunbathing as a teen.  The legacy of those years is annual skin checks at the dermatologist, numerous pre-cancerous lesions frozen off, and to date, one basal cell cancer removed.  I am an SPF 50 girl now.

Agree about too much sunbathing as a teen.  I keep telling teenage granddaughter that my best beauty advice to her is use sunscreen.  We just came back from visiting and she told me she uses sunscreen every day.  

• Love 10

Yeah I honestly don't get why people rag folks for being naturally pale. I always thought people who have naturally pale skin have a lovely complexion that looks much better than fake tanner does. 

I'm naturally olive-skinned (and like my natural complexion), but when I look pale, I look like death warmed over. No natural glow there at all!

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah I honestly don't get why people rag folks for being naturally pale. I always thought people who have naturally pale skin have a lovely complexion that looks much better than fake tanner does. 

I'm naturally olive-skinned (and like my natural complexion), but when I look pale, I look like death warmed over. No natural glow there at all!

That fake bake color is not a natural human skin tone- it looks good on NO ONE!!! I’m for adults doing what they want with their own bodies, but sun screen is important and skin cancer is a thing. I dont understand why people bake themselves in ovens to change color. A natural tan that occurs with the change of seasons is one thing (that happens to me although I wear sun screen every day), but orange isn’t natural. I agree with you @MyPeopleAreNordic

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Zella said:

I think the evidence points to us humans pretty much always looking for something to rag someone about. (Just look at us right here.   ;  )    )

And skin color is a large, obvious, and unmistakable fact. No one's likely to challenge you by saying, No, that person is not pale/freckled/dark/whatever.

Humans rag. Skin color's a very easy target (or metaphorical target for something more sinister you really mean to say but not say hint hint.) See: racism through history.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Zella said:

The “why” is because when the Industrial revolution forced the european and North American working class indoors, having lesiure time to sit outside (and a tan) was a sign of WEALTH. Before the industrial revolution having the palest skin possible was a sign of wealth because that meant you worked indoors (or not at all). For Black Americans our obsession with colorism is rooted in the signifier that lighter skin meant a closer relationship to white persons in authority (and lighter work in an agrigcultural society). (I don’t doubt that you know this, I’m just pointing out it’s all about status)  

The fake orange color is now a signifier that you have resources to spend on cosmetics and leisure time to apply them.  I’m sure the Duggar girls have gotten into the fake bake thing because it was one of the few ways they were allowed to be creative with their appearance or express themselves. I’m less critical of teens doing this (that’s the developmentally appropriate time) but adult women should be a little more discerning. @Churchhoney Has pointed out despite all the girls being grown ass adults now (even Joy-Anna the youngest), they are mentally and socially stunted. 

Because it’s the JB& Abbie thread- I think Abbie’s cosmetic and hair routine looks nice. She may do fake tanning but it’s not too dark, and her makeup looks natural. I actually like her brows, some people have thicker brows. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
On 4/5/2019 at 11:28 AM, Barb23 said:

I hope it's just the lighting but Abbie's arm & hands look really grungy. I think a small dose of tanner or bronzer would have helped since a lot of skin was exposed with this style of wedding gown. 

JD is pumped that he is about to get sexy time!

• LOL 1
57 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Anna looks totally different. What the heck is up with her face?

For one thing, the eyebrows. Some recent pics of her on IG and what not prove that she’s really loving her eyebrow pencil.  Jana looks like she applied her’s with a heavy hand, as well.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

96196532-0622-4D4E-971C-ED5324766408.jpeg

No “servant’s heart?” No “season of life?” No disgusting chocolate mess thing? Obviously she is not been fully accepted into the Duggar Clan yet. Keep trying, girlfriend. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Translation: We are thankful to you because you are keeping people interested in our family when you married JD. JD met his television show "soulmate" when daddy finally told him he could get married. As a "glitter girl" you bring extra attention to the entire family in order to keep the dog and pony show running along bringing happiness to our pocket book and five minutes of fame whoreness. Now have a blessed year by getting pregnant to keep the TLC wagon train moving along because practice makes progress, and progress makes babies!

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Is it me or do they look a little like brother and sister. I know they say spouses can look like each other after being married for awhile, but in their case...

I thought that from the beginning. More alike than JD and Jana

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jana wote this. If Mullet had written it it would have been:

"Abbie it's your birthday. You are a great wife to John David and a wonderful daughter in law. We are so grateful to see you go through this season of life."

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

I feel like Michelle watches the TLC episodes in order to glean the bare minimum knowledge of her family members necessary in order to craft these public birthday messages. She might as well just write "I don't know (or care) anything about you aside from the fact that you are a true follower of Christ and willing to breed an army for God. Happy birthday!" for each one of her kids and in-laws when the time comes around.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Si seems to have taken down his birthday post for Abbie, although I saw the post on some fan sites if people are looking for it.

It's in their stories. It's still there.

Screenshot_20190417-085915_Instagram.jpg

Edited by graefin
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, graefin said:

It's in their stories. It's still there.

Screenshot_20190417-085915_Instagram.jpg

Where are they at? A picnic? 

I know younger ladies wear sweatshirts but that is one frumpy looking  one Lauren is wearing.  Does Kendra realize her top is very sheer? But I guess that's ok now since she's pregnant.  

It drives me nuts when Abbie is referred to as a "glitter girl." Like I've posted before, we've barely seen her wear anything sparkly or glittery.  It would be different if she wore something like a signature sparkly barrette but I just can't see it.  I wear more sparkly tops than she does yet I don't call myself  "glitter mom."

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Temperance said:

Si seems to have taken down his birthday post for Abbie, although I saw the post on some fan sites if people are looking for it.

I saw it in his Instastories this morning, but it may be gone now.

I now see y'all beat me to the punch. 😀

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Man, when they're all next to each other like that, the difference between Siren's body language and Jabbie's body language is ASTOUNDING.

That look on Lauren's face! Josiah looks awkward as hell back there, leaning forward but not apparently touching her. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The look on JD's face scares me. Jabbie's holding on each other screams we are still in the honeymoon stage Duggar style. The other couples are like hurry up and take the darn picture please.

He's thinking about french fried potaters. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I actually think Si and Joe look like the normal ones and JD looks like an escaped lunatic who kidnapped Abbie from the Walmart parking lot. I almost want to tell her to blink twice if she needs us to save her. 

I think JD's a good guy, but he's so effusive and grabby, I wonder if it gets overwhelming for Abbie.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmm, all three pregnant?

We know Kendra is. We know Lauren is trying and JD and Abby are covering the belly (and it's time).

Now you made me go back and look at the hands on her belly!  Gosh, maybe I see heart hands over the maybe blessing!

• Love 2

Please note that Smuggar and Ofsmuggar, the only other married Duggar brother and sister-in-law, are not included in this photo. 

No, it's not surprising. No, I don't care about TLC. It's just an observation. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I actually think Si and Joe look like the normal ones and JD looks like an escaped lunatic who kidnapped Abbie from the Walmart parking lot. I almost want to tell her to blink twice if she needs us to save her. 

I think JD's a good guy, but he's so effusive and grabby, I wonder if it gets overwhelming for Abbie.  

The scene of Boob dry humping Mechelle on the golf course comes to mind, please say it's not a son like father deal

• LOL 5

I'm sorry. but they look like a serial killer couple. Does anyone know JD's due date? His gut looks like he pregnant.

1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

They bring a photographer with them on their walks?

You don't bring a photographer when you go out on a walk? You terrible heathen!