Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

They bring a photographer with them on their walks?

Yep, just like celebrities and only celebrities. 

And to my Duggar-horrified mind, this is more of that reality-TeeVee-stah mindset that's seeping more and more into their consciousness. And that ultimately threatens to leave the Duggarlings even more messed up than the poor slobs who have "only" been warped by growing up Gothard. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

They are probably happy because someone from the opposite sex is finally given them the time of day. I do not think the Duggar children really understand marriage and relationships. To them marriage is a way to escape their parents, have sex and between you are better than other married couples, and they are experts on marriage, having children and telling others how to act while married and how to raise children.

I wish they had a chance to just live their lives and not pose for cameras knowing it'll be looked at by thousands or hundreds of thousands. 

But I'm happy they're happy.

And none of the Duggarlings are dead or even old yet. So they ALL still have time to learn, grow, change and get a clue.

I know that staying in a situation in which Jim Bob and Michelle keep breathing down your neck isn't very conducive to that, especially when you have Gothard and reality tv-brainwashing lurking in the background. Nevertheless, it's not impossible once they live on their own premises. 

I don't think the Duggarlings have ideal foundations for anything in adulthood. But I think there are worse foundations for a happy marriage than being super-thrilled that, at long last, you're with someone you really like and who likes you back and that you're freer than you've ever been to make at least some of your own decisions and think for yourself when you close the door to your home. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

So do Abbie and JD!!!

I'm just imagining all the kids who come out of this circle - at least those among them who continue to drink the Kool-Aid and stay in the same geographical vicinity...In another couple of generations they will be all but indistinguishable...

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm just imagining all the kids who come out of this circle - at least those among them who continue to drink the Kool-Aid and stay in the same geographical vicinity...In another couple of generations they will be all but indistinguishable...

And that's before they open their mouths and start parroting the same empty patriarchal misogynist rhetoric ad nauseum.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

By then, most of them will be related. 😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

So do Abbie and JD!!!

6 hours ago, Puffin said:

Abbie’s parents look related.

It’s interesting how all of their mouths (and those of abbie’s Siblings) are identical!  

• Love 2
On 4/25/2019 at 9:14 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

They will all probably be related, too....  

There's a dwindling pool of people from outside the group who actually want to marry them, it seems. A few famewhores (Der, Bin and Jer, I'm looking at you) and an anal rapist here and there and that seems to be about it.

And of course the fame whores are only interested in the ones who are on TeeVee. Slim pickings for most of the super-patriarchal gang, and likely to get slimmer as time goes on, I'd think. \

Unless more of the cultists start to make a run for it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

In two more generations, they'll be hard up to find a mate that they're not related to. With having all those children, I believe this will happen sooner or later; especially if they stay 'within' their circle.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

They will all probably be related, too....  

There's a dwindling pool of people from outside the group who actually want to marry them, it seems. A few famewhores (Der, Bin and Jer, I'm looking at you) and an anal rapist here and there and that seems to be about it.

And of course the fame whores are only interested in the ones who are on TeeVee. Slim pickings for most of the super-patriarchal gang, and likely to get slimmer as time goes on, I'd think. \

Unless more of the cultists start to make a run for it. 

Maybe they'll have to give Jill Rod a call.  That would make her deliriously happy!!!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

The Duggar family says M6 (Josh and Anna's anticipated blessing) will be grandchild #16. They have 12 born grandchildren. Seewald #3 is 13, Joe and Kendra's is #14 and that leaves out #15.  I think John David and Abbie are going to have Duggar grandkid #15 and are waiting for some sort of paid announcement in a celebrity gossip magazine (People, Us Weekly, etc.) 

Why the wait? Two reasons spring to mind: The magazine in question wants to time for their Mothers' Day issue.  Or 

On 4/17/2019 at 8:58 AM, graefin said:

It's in their stories. It's still there.

Screenshot_20190417-085915_Instagram.jpg

@GeeGolly called it and this is a future triple pregnancy announcement photo and they are waiting until Lauren is farther along (especially after the loss).  (That would make John David and Abbie's first #15, M6 #16, and Siren's first #17.)

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5

Their teeth also look a few shades lighter than they used to be. Which, while I'm an old-school holdout for teeth being a natural color does bring  them more in keeping with what seems to be currently acceptable, so I'll give them a pass on it. Even I seem to be starting to see teeth of a natural color as something slightly dingy, and I hate myself for it, but our eyes grow used to certain things as "normal" despite knowing that they are really not exactly so.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Annnd with that, my hopes for Abbie are dashed.

Well, I guess they all need money.

Wonder if both TLC and JB are trimming back wages a bit.....Even as additional pregnancies betokening new mouths to feed sprout like dandelions. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Their teeth also look a few shades lighter than they used to be. Which, while I'm an old-school holdout for teeth being a natural color does bring  them more in keeping with what seems to be currently acceptable, so I'll give them a pass on it. Even I seem to be starting to see teeth of a natural color as something slightly dingy, and I hate myself for it, but our eyes grow used to certain things as "normal" despite knowing that they are really not exactly so.

I feel this slippage, too, but I'm determined to keep holding out. I've hung a picture of myself as a first grader on my bulletin board so I'm repeatedly reminded that my teeth were just as yellow then as they are now -- and clean, unstained and cavity-free in both cases.  I refuse to give up any of my super-strong bright-yellow enamel to vanity.   ;  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

Late to the party, but I love Abbie's black flowered dress! It is from Old Navy! I have a skirt and a dress both in that same print, and I wore them both on the Disney cruise I went on last summer! I have that long navy flowered dress that she has, too. I can't believe I have the same clothes as a Duggar, but she has better taste than most of them!

also, you could knock me over with a feather that that pink dress is citrus and lemon. How can it possibly be, when it isn't shapeless and frumpy?! Jill got ripped off not getting to model that one. I wonder if citrus and lemon lets them pick, or sends them clothes based on their personal style (Jill: frumpy; Abbie: pink and cute). 

IMG_1030.PNG

• Love 7

It looks like several of the Duggar bridesmaid dresses, especially the ones for Kendra's wedding. From what I can tell John and Abbie joined a Baptist church, which is a different Baptist church from the one Pastor Caldwell (Kendra's dad) is the pastor. I believe Michelle and JB go to Caldwell's church.   

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, SoupyShoes said:

Oh no... Abbie's been infected by the Citrus and Lemon virus! We need a vaccine ASAP

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw0O9ptHURh/?igshid=1or6hh3vezz7p

Screenshot_20190428-205602_Instagram-min.jpg

Ha! At least the dress she chose was cute, fit her and appropriate for church. I’d wear it in a different color to a church function or graduation. Something “Day time dressy”. 

7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Awww. I understand the white teeth trend, but certain lipstick colors can trick the eye into making your teeth look super white. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

It’s important to be part of a church, yet she’s excited about the dress. Ok then.

Well, she's excited about the money she may get if she turns out to be good at shilling....She may not even be excited about the dress. I don't necessarily believe anything anyone says when they're advertising! 

But, yeah, you make an excellent point. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I'm glad they go to any church that JB does not control.

I wasted a few minutes with Google trying to figure out which "First Baptist Church" they have joined. For those who think the term "Bible Belt" for that part of the country is somehow fanciful? There are FBCs in Bentonville, Rogers, and Springdale. And plenty of other Baptist churches in those towns too. Including Cross Church. I didn't even try to find out if there are other First Baptist Churches within a decent distance from the TTH/compound; wouldn't be surprised if they were. As to which FBC they joined in the area? They were certainly spoiled for choice, as my late aunt would say.

(I grew up in OK and TX, which are next door to Arkansas, and there are churches, plural, in even very small towns. I believe church attendance overall is down from several years ago. Over the last few decades many churches have closed in the little towns I am familiar with, but OTOH new churches also spring up.)

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, she's excited about the money she may get if she turns out to be good at shilling....She may not even be excited about the dress. I don't necessarily believe anything anyone says when they're advertising! 

But, yeah, you make an excellent point. 

It's very unfortunate that Abby gave up a good nursing education and job to Duggarite and shrill.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, louannems said:

It's very unfortunate that Abby gave up a good nursing education and job to Duggarite and shrill.

"Why wipe an ass when Duggar Drones kiss yours? Also, buy this Vegetables and Turnips prison wear. It's great once your marriage turns into a prison"

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, louannems said:

I think she was an LPN, which is a decent job that required a year's course at a vocational school and a license to obtain. But it's not like she was a degreed RN making really good money.

She's a born and bred Gothardite, so I doubt she ever wanted to hold a job long-term. The LPN training would help her be a good mother, and I hope it's something she has a knack for and a genuine interest in. She may have decided to become an LPN when no husband appeared on the scene and she's definitely pretty old for a bride in fundie circles. IMO she thinks she has fulfilled her destiny by marrying IBLP royalty, and she will soon be having babies for Jesus. Like her mother and her in-laws. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I wasted a few minutes with Google trying to figure out which "First Baptist Church" they have joined. For those who think the term "Bible Belt" for that part of the country is somehow fanciful? There are FBCs in Bentonville, Rogers, and Springdale. And plenty of other Baptist churches in those towns too. Including Cross Church. I didn't even try to find out if there are other First Baptist Churches within a decent distance from the TTH/compound; wouldn't be surprised if they were. As to which FBC they joined in the area? They were certainly spoiled for choice, as my late aunt would say.

(I grew up in OK and TX, which are next door to Arkansas, and there are churches, plural, in even very small towns. I believe church attendance overall is down from several years ago. Over the last few decades many churches have closed in the little towns I am familiar with, but OTOH new churches also spring up.)

Yeah, the attendance and the membership and the avowed commitment to the religion when somebody asks are all slowly dropping. The dropoff didn't really begin to hit evangelicals and fundies until about 2008 or so. But since then, those churches too have seen the decline.

For the most part, the new churches that spring up are large-ish churches that mainly end up consolidating the remaining churchgoers from the other churches -- mostly smaller -- that are closing in their areas.

In surveys, Arkansas tends to rank at or near the very top in stuff like believing in conservative Protestantism, praying at least daily and having absolute certainty in your faith and such.

When it comes to steady weekly church attendance, though, it usually dangles a little lower -- out of the top 5 usually (Utah takes one of those spots away from fundie/evangelical Protestants),  but in the top 10. Southern states with larger African-American populations also generally best Arkansas in the weekly church attendance category. 

When the decline first hit, there was a flurry of argument from the SBC and others that it wasn't real. People came up with various reasons that it was just a temporary glitch or a statistical artifact of some kind.

But a decade on, it's clear now that they've joined the other churches in steadily -- though very slowly, in their case-- losing ground. The studies on this tend to show huge generational divides. The cultural and political tenets of much of the white fundie/evangelical world are increasingly unpopular among younger people.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
13 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Late to the party, but I love Abbie's black flowered dress! It is from Old Navy! I have a skirt and a dress both in that same print, and I wore them both on the Disney cruise I went on last summer! I have that long navy flowered dress that she has, too. I can't believe I have the same clothes as a Duggar, but she has better taste than most of them!

also, you could knock me over with a feather that that pink dress is citrus and lemon. How can it possibly be, when it isn't shapeless and frumpy?! Jill got ripped off not getting to model that one. I wonder if citrus and lemon lets them pick, or sends them clothes based on their personal style (Jill: frumpy; Abbie: pink and cute). 

IMG_1030.PNG

I saw the pink dress on their web site and thought it looked not too bad. Yea, Jill must be getting the items no one wants. 

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I wasted a few minutes with Google trying to figure out which "First Baptist Church" they have joined.

I think it's this one: http://fbccenterton.org

Their photo looks like it was taken outside the one labeled worship center.

Someone who lives near there recognized the building.

image.png.2e9494aeef44c5dfd7da256f11e7cee8.png

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I guess they all need money.

Wonder if both TLC and JB are trimming back wages a bit.....Even as additional pregnancies betokening new mouths to feed sprout like dandelions. 

Well, she did have that pesky real career not long ago.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1