Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

If nothing else I imagine she'd want to keep it up so she could continue doing the mission work.  

She did mission work, as a nurse? You need a college degree for that...

• Love 1

I forgive the 6 MONTHS announcement, it appears to be a thing if my Facebook, Instagram, and twitter feed is anything to go by....my oldest niece pretty much announced each month anniversary with a wedding picture up until the their first anniversary, until my sister had a word with her and told her to grow up 😂

These two look 'loved' up, they look like if they had been given the opportunity to actually get to know each other the same way normal people can they would have hooked up.  I believe this relationship.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Maybe she's talking about going to some Gothard "mission" and passing out doctors-office lollipops or the like. 

They all call his operations in the Philippines and so on "missions," don't they? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

They showed her and him on some 'mission' trip where she was helping with the medical stuff. but maybe they let anyone do that?  Why would she need a college degree if she's got a license? 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe she's talking about going to some Gothard "mission" and passing out doctors-office lollipops or the like. 

They all call his operations in the Philippines and so on "missions," don't they? 

That way it’s all tax exempt. Otherwise Gothard is just running a travel agency.

Shyster.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

They showed her and him on some 'mission' trip where she was helping with the medical stuff. but maybe they let anyone do that?  Why would she need a college degree if she's got a license? 

I was thinking missionary work. 

29 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Abbie has new post wishing a Happy Mother's Day to all the new moms out there and shilling Citrus and Lemon. 

She's working it into everything these days. 

Hope she doesn't need to send anyone a condolence message. 

"Please accept my heartfelt sympathy. Maybe you'd feel a little better if you were decked out in a new Citrus and Lemon dress like this one? Just swipe up and use the discount code "Abbie'sFuneralApparel." 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

For some reason, I flashed on Funeral Potatoes.  Do the fundies have them, like the polygamists?  

Yes, Jill posted a recipe, and I think that's what she calls "Party  Potatos"

I remember a lot of chatter when Jill posted the recipe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The shoes are just wrong, a little pair of ballet pumps or similar would have worked, those sandals are to solid and chunky and that belt/sash is also wrong, but she looks happy 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't love stripes, but I think it's a pretty cute dress overall. I could see wearing it, though I'd probably substitute a wider belt.

I was thinking the same. The waist looks a little saggy. A wider belt would hide that. Overall though, Abby pulls off the clothing much better than Jill.

• Love 7

As a nurse, she probably understands all the methods of birth control and may well be using something more effective than NFP.  They are attending a church that doesn't oppose birth control.  🙂

• Love 16
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

7 months and no blessing! I have a feeling these two are going to do things their own way. As a nurse Abbie should be able to understand NFP and be comfortable enough with her body to do it correctly. 

Or use some form of prevention if she feels like.  (It may go against how they were raised, but they're adults and should be able to decided what is right for them.) 

But I'm not sure she isn't pregnant. Or hoping to be. She doesn't look pregnant, but pregnancy looks different on different women in the early stages. I've had friends who've lost weight due to morning sickness.  John David used to be somewhat of a practical joker, maybe they're saving the announcement. Or maybe they just haven't been blessed yet. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Absolom said:

As a nurse, she probably understands all the methods of birth control and may well be using something more effective than NFP.  They are attending a church that doesn't oppose birth control.  🙂

True! I tend to forget that most mainstream churches don’t oppose birth control.  I had assumed they would only be comfortable with NFP because they were both raised Gothard, but maybe I’m wrong. They could be using something else, or not using anything at all. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

It could also be because Abbie is relatively older than the others who became pregnant soon after getting married (i.e., Kendra, Joy).

No she's not old enough for there to be a big difference between her and Kendra/Joy.  She's still under thirty and barring some infertility her age would have no impact. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

Also they haven't been married 7 months until June. 

Okay, six months and two weeks then. Whatever. Regardless, except Jinger (who probably was using birth control) this is the longest any Duggar or Duggar spouse has gone without conceiving after marriage by several months. Jill, Joy, Kendra and Lauren all conceived within a month, and Jessa and Anna conceived in 3 months. Barring fertility issues, I would have expected Abbie to be pregnant by now if she wasn’t using protection.

• Love 5

I just think JD and Abbie are genuinely enjoying their time together and I think that JD is just genuinely happy that he has someone he can grow old with. They're not actively preventing having children, but they're not making it their first priority either. Truly leaving it up to God, IMHO.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I just think JD and Abbie are genuinely enjoying their time together and I think that JD is just genuinely happy that he has someone he can grow old with. They're not actively preventing having children, but they're not making it their first priority either. Truly leaving it up to God, IMHO.

Then she's probably pregnant. Most people leaving it up to God get pregnant within the first four-six months. Especially when they're not busy with other things. It probably has more to do with biology and circumstance and God than anything Jill, Joy etc. did. 

She doesn't look pregnant in the photo from Jill's birthday. So hopefully if she's not pregnant, she's happy or at least okay with it. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

Yeah I think you might be right. JD's practical joker; maybe they'll announce after the baby is born. 

Honestly, I’d be really impressed if they pull off a Kylie Jenner. 

• Love 6

I’m not betting on them breaking away, but their lack of constant posting is appreciated!  I’m still annoyed that Abbie got on the Poultry and Chicken bandwagon though.  

• Love 9