Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I like that Big Ang wrapped that ring in an American flag.  She’s in on the joke.  I like that...it’s basically the fourth wall.  Also nice that Michael had a ring of his own ready...although Big Ang looked more ecstatic about the yellow cake from last week.  

Yellow cake was really happening.  Marriage is just for pretend.

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

I've been to.a.strip club twice in my life but my recollection was that the dancer 's routines were rigorous. But why go.the the gym if you're just going to pretend to.pedal   

TLC thought it would be a good setting.  Although I go to the gym and often see people chatting, looking at phones, not exercising.  It's annoying when it's busy and machines are full.

• Love 3

In the Live Show, Darcy’s sister talks about getting citated for the fight with her sister. She also says “ya know” a lot. I mean, a lot.

Edited by JasonH
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I wish I could care about the stripper who was not exercising at the Planet Fitness in Milwaukee.  I tried but her story is so lame.

Exercise?  I go to Planet Fitness for the free pizza, thank you very much.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, citychic said:

Does anyone know why they put a panel up before the Michael and Angela proposal that said "these scenes may contain sensitive material"? Did I miss something?

Because any scene involving Ang and romance should contain a warning for graphic content.

I think it was actually for Karine learning her fetus is dead inside her but that answer makes me sad.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, spankydoll said:

I've been to.a.strip club twice in my life but my recollection was that the dancer 's routines were rigorous. But why go.the the gym if you're just going to pretend to.pedal   

Because I know that Planet Fitness also has tanning booths and massage chairs.   

• Love 2

I don't have kids and have never been through a miscarriage and I'm sure it's horrific, but was Paul's immediate reaction normal? "What caused it, lack of food?"

It almost seemed like he was asking "Is this Karine's fault?"

On a more pleasant note, that 19 year old Mexican girl Fernanda in the previews for 90DF is smoking hot.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Man, I missed her part.  I got home about an hour into the show and totally missed her.  And by "I missed her" I mean "I was not present for her scenes" and not "I noticed and am sad about the absence of The Stripper and The Muslim on my television screen."  

You didn’t miss much. Marta just leisurely pedaled on the exercise bike in full Michael Jackson makeup while she complained to her scowling stripper friend from work that she was “fustrated” but that her religious differences with Daya were just “a little problem” 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 22
19 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I LOVE Ximena b/c I dislike Ricky.   

X: "Jump in the water and all is forgiven"

R: "I cannot swim" 

X: "IDGAF, bitch"

**SPLASH** **CRAMP**

TrininisaScorp:  **cackles**

But, like.  These ppl need to not get married.

I so badly want to take her out for drinks and dancing. I think she'd be a hilarious gal pal. I hope she finds someone who deserves her, because Ricky ain't it.

• Love 23

Tarik is a piece of shit. I hope Hazel takes him for a ride.

He's not a nice man. He's not a loyal man or a thoughtful man or even a generous one. He's selfish, self-centered and completely self-absorbed. Hazel is not a full human being to him. I think he hoped by dating someone for whom English was a second language he would be able to hide his hostility towards women in general.

Unfortunately for him, that shit shines through loud and clear.

Speaking of hostile, Jon is trouble. He once again proves that he has no concept of consequences. Just like he can't figure out the consequences of getting drunk and getting into fights, he can't seem to comprehend the consequences of inviting a fucking ex-girlfriend to a pre-wedding dinner for his new fiance. The way he snapped at her in the car when she called him on his bullshit was alarming and that shit'll get tired soon.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

The only good part of that mind crushing interview was Michele Collins who looked like she was sitting in a doll house,

The chair was for children.  She looked ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

On her way to the park, Darcey had already worked herself into a self-sabotaging lather of viper venom while simultaneously hoping Jesse would come to rekindle the romance. She stood around the bench in stilettos of vertiginous height, enough luggage for a trip around the world, and dressed like a bride, if weddings were officiated in night clubs.

Don't forget she was pushing up her breasts and posing!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, gavinmac said:

I don't have kids and have never been through a miscarriage and I'm sure it's horrific, but was Paul's immediate reaction normal? "What caused it, lack of food?"

I read it as a normal reaction to receiving devastating news. I don't think he was blaming her or accusing her of something; he was just trying to make sense of things by looking for a rational explanation for something unexpected and seemingly random. I feel bad for them, especially since they have to deal with it while their relationship is in such bad shape. What a terrible, lonely time in their lives.

Tarik and Hazel continue to baffle me. I still have no idea if "marrying a Japanese man" was about a specific man, or just a general idea. And aside from Hazel's "he might be rich" comment, I have no idea what she actually thought of that option. Was it even real? Also, I've never dated a man with kids, but I would consider it a HUGE red flag if he wanted me to meet his child without the knowledge of the child's mother. That seems incredibly disrespectful to his co-parent, not to mention selfish and unfair to his daughter, who is now in the position of lying to her own mother. And if the reason for the subterfuge is because his ex is "crazy" or whatever he called her, I'd probably just nope out of there. I don't need that kind of drama in my life.

I've been waiting all season to see Darcy storm out of that van like a snow beast, but the actual scene was just meh. And he didn't even technically break up with her, so it wouldn't surprise me if they patch things up next week. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

I liked most of the "Live" portion. Michelle is actually quite sharp and witty when she's allowed to be herself, and she asked some questions I've been thinking for a while. However, I could have definitely done without the interrogation of Abby about her sex life with Sean and Chris (shudder), and I can't believe she didn't address the elephant in the room - Ricky is STILL married! He has no right to be proposing to anyone!

I'm so glad this show is almost over. I watched the previews for the next round, starting in a few weeks, and I just can't. Three batches of 90 Day in a row is too much for me. There are just too many terrible things going on right now for me to spend my free time watching dysfunctional idiots make terrible life choices. I might record the new episodes and watch them in a few months, but I'm definitely taking a break when the current round of train wrecks is over.

Edited by Cherpumple
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Even with the warning that was upsetting.  That doctor or clinician who told her the baby was dead, the exam was over and get off the table was making me want to punch something.  I’m still irritated about it an hour later.

He has terrible bedside manner. I am assuming that his straight forward approach might have been cultural, but jeez, dude. At least give her a few minutes to mourn.

5 hours ago, gavinmac said:

On a more pleasant note, that 19 year old Mexican girl Fernanda in the previews for 90DF is smoking hot.

I don’t think he was saying it was Karine’s fault at all. He was looking for answers as most parents do after a miscarriage. They wonder if it was due to diet, stress, too much exercise, etc. It’s normal to wonder why. Most miscarriages happen due to genetic anomalies but because society doesn’t talk about miscarriages like they should, a lot of people don’t realize this.

My heart broke for Karine. Likewise for Paul when he started crying, but couldn’t follow what was happening. Very sad. I read online that TLC had some kind of warning on the screen before the scene, but I missed it. Anyone catch what it said?

• Love 15
On 9/24/2018 at 3:06 PM, Mr. Minor said:

Tarik is a dumbass, I'm hoping he's smart enough to leave Hazel in the PI.

The only thing that makes me think Tarik deserves all he gets with Hazel, is Tarik's daughter. Tarik deserves whatever mess he creates, but his daughter does not.

• Love 2

Ricky:  "I didn't even hesitate, I just jumped in."

QualifiedInnocentLabradorretriever-small

Rachel: "We're going to go left." 

Also Rachel: *points right*

Jon: 

pSx2cDd.gif

And Rachel's face after John started talking about bumping into his ex?  She looked so disappointed that he was telling her something she had been looking forward to confronting him about for 2 weeks. 

This marriage is destined for success.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

and I can't believe she didn't address the elephant in the room - Ricky is STILL married! He has no right to be proposing to anyone!

He is waiting to make a nice romantic dinner to tell Noxcema that he is already married and then he better run!

And still we have had no duet with the 90 Day Steve and Edie.  Will they sing at their wedding?

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

He is waiting to make a nice romantic dinner to tell Noxcema that he is already married and then he better run!

Undoubtedly, though, he will first whine to us about how hard it is for him to tell the truth about his marriage.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, EllaDisco said:

TLC thought it would be a good setting.  Although I go to the gym and often see people chatting, looking at phones, not exercising.  It's annoying when it's busy and machines are full.

It makes a change from the nail salon and the omnipresent pedicures.

9 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Even though Ximena claims to have forgiven him, it's not a smart move on Ricky's part to propose to a woman who is mad at you for emotionally cheating on her on a tiny raft in the middle of the sea when you just said you can't swim and she's already asked you to risk "drowning"* to prove your loyalty.

*Drowning for Ricky apparently means waddling through chest deep water.

I was waiting breathlessly for her to go full Patty McCormick in The Bad Seed and push him overboard, then smash his fingers with her shoes. I am disappoint.

9 hours ago, PityFree said:

I love Ximena’s snark and her confidence. I would totally watch reality show about her life.

Me too! Especially if it involves fleecing creepy smarmy douchebags, while accumulating nice vacations, cute tops and bathing suits, and nice dinners in fancy restaurants, supplemented by cash gifts "to help out her nephews".

7 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Did anyone see the last ten minutes of the wrap up show (hour 3) where Dean says Tarik is into orgies? And Dean also publicly outs Hazel, the daughter of devout religious parents, as bisexual.  What a jackass.

Dean is an even bigger asshole than his brother. What a colossal douche canoe.

• Love 9

Almost every married couple I know dated for multiple years before their wedding.  I am amazed and horrified at how things speed up in 90 Day Fiance land.  Tarik knows she is the one after a few weeks, and Ricky proposes to Ximena days (hours?) after meeting her...

The Paul and Karine scenes were heartbreaking and slightly confusing.  She was 4-5 weeks pregnant last week, and it felt like 2 days later she was 9 weeks.

I think Rachel is pretty.  I never noticed until tonight how she is negative about everything and has quite the downer personality.   Good luck with that, Jon.

• Love 7
On 9/26/2018 at 1:17 PM, eatsleep said:

She can't have it both ways. She and her family were pressuring him for a proposal. So she is either a stranger to him or his intended fiancee. Can't be both at the same time. And most women who are gunning for the engagement ring have been somewhat physically intimate w/ the guy. She's transactionally bartering sex for financial security. And that ring is he down payment.

Yeah, no. No woman owes any many for sex. Not even if she is his fiancee. Not even if she is his wife. Not even if she gussied up for the purposes of attracting a husband. Not even if/when he spends money on a beach hotel in a third world country. Not even if she is dangling the carrot. That may open her up for a whole hell of a lot of judgement, but it doesn't put her under any obligation whatsoever to be his personal sex doll. And that in a nutshell is what the dynamic is for these men.  They paid up so they deserve to have a girl that's DTF.  Only that's both gross and horrifying. She can absolutely have it both ways. If he doesn't like it he knows where the airport is.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, JasonH said:

In the Live Show, Darcy’s sister talks about getting citated for the fight with her sister. She also says “ya know” a lot. I mean, a lot.

She also talks in crazy circles just like her sister. 

Tarik's brother reallllllly spilled the beans! Who knew Tarik (and Hazel) were so kinky!!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, endure said:

Delusional Ricky trying to convInce us he almost drowned.

Seriously! He must have mentioned it every time he was on air afterwards. Dude, you were within 6 inches of the dock and a shit ton of production staff the entire 10 seconds you were underwater and 1 minute you were in the water. CALM DOWN you did not almost drown.

• Love 5

It's horrible when anyone loses a baby, but maybe now Karine can just cut ties with Pole for the betterment of everyone.

Ricky: "I will risk drowning for you, Ximena.  Oh, and just ignore that film crew standing there with their arms already reaching over the pier to grab me."

I think Michael is going to dump Angela for Donald Trump as soon as he gets to America.

So Jon wants a "new beginning" with his old flame.  No trouble signs here.

So the Angry Dutchman completed his mission.  Fly to NY, be a colossal asshole, and get another scene on tv.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 18

How do you guys manage to watch the snippets of show sandwiched between 2 hours of commercials PLUS the live show?   That's three hours at a stretch.   I made it through two, but only by the blessed invention known as Fast Forward.   I didn't get to the Live Show yet (though by now it sorta feels like I don't have to).

Pole, this is the Universe calling.   Go home.

3 minutes ago, Dobian said:

So the Angry Dutchman completed his mission.  Fly to NY, be a colossal asshole, and get another scene on tv.

I wonder if he toyed with the idea of stopping by Middletown -- you know, just to make sure Stacey's all right.

• Love 13

Does anyone know what Tarik’s actual job is?  He seems super low functioning and I don’t understand how he can hold a job to support himself and his daughter.  Seems like Tarik should be living at home and sponging off of mom like Paul does.

• Love 12

I think Dean actually lives in reality and he needed to tell it like it is so we all could understand why he seemed so brash and mean before, he’s looking out for his brother and he knows his brother well... so he wants his brother to think before he just Marries some girl he barely knows... Tardiff is looking at Hazel like  one of his real estate transactions... the way he said I had to go for it etc.. like she’s some flip house?!? Like wtf.. he’s literally gambling taking a chance all based on her looks, you know they haven’t gotten very far when she throws out that her sister mentioned a Japanese guy and he might be rich.. she’s weighing out her options too, neither one of them know what Love is, there both coming from what’s the best option life path, for her financially who’s gonna take care of her and for him it’s a matter of good sex... weird because she looks like  someone who would be quite dull and less then average in the bedroom.. lol anyways, 

jesse and Darci, I’m actually glad she didn’t allow him to go threw his probably well thought out speech, on why he was leaving her, I’m glad she cut him off and didn’t give the opportunity to revel in his own great insight and judgement in her life, he wanted to really give it to her one last time on why he just could never be with a peasant like her, it’s discusting to me how he thinks he’s better. So she got in a fight with her sister, maybe they were drunk?? Big fucken deal none of your business douche bag... does it make her less of a person?? Not in my eyes people have fights probably especially twins, and maybe they are both drama queens but really he needs to leave her over it because he’s too good to be associated with someone of that low level?? Get over yourself Jesse, we are all human and we all make mistakes and that’s how people learn, your not better then anybody else!! He looks Ike an upside down mop! Twig body with a mop on top, and someone mentioned his skin.. yes!! Nasty dude good luck in ten years your really gonna be a catch! Not!! All this judgement and I’m better then you stuff is gonna bite him in the butt.. oh well. Darci does act dumb but she’s had it, mister I’m perfect has done nothing but pick on her every flaw and attack her character when he could’ve just moved on.. 

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 11