Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/27/2018 at 6:19 PM, Floatingbison said:

I hope Michael gets to go to Georgia.  He'll start a small business and by the time he's 35 he'll have a chain of dry cleaners or convenience stores or what have you and he'll be able to leave DerAngela in his rear view mirror.

This is actually very funny. If Michael were to become even moderately successful, Ang could have any number of possible behaviors & reactions. Will she be a kind & contented uptown Ang, or will she be a mean & vindictive witch driving around town? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

I thought it was creepy.  I could never understand why Pricilla’s dad ever allowed her to go off with him.  

A lot of people thought it was creepy. 

From   https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1261082/The-Kings-troubling-obsession-Elvis-woman-So-able-form-relationships-virginal-girls.html

Slowly Presley turned Priscilla into a doll-like version of his ideal woman - with a giant beehive hairdo and heavy eye make-up - the look he had encouraged Frances Forbes and her little friends in Memphis to want.

'I was someone he created,' she said. 'I was just a kid and I was consumed by him. All I desired was not to disappoint him.'

• Love 6

@Mainer Thank you for that beautiful response. I've always thought Jesse was unattractive and weird in so many ways. 

It's a curious timeline about Ang & Michael's sudden break-up. They went to the resort and later, apparently, she found her way to the bar, where she starts ranting and raving. Are we to believe she's fuming & hating him because of the "3 lies, Mycull!" ?

When she's raging, I notice how Michael is always right up close, touching her, grabbing her arm, nagging "baby, baby... I'm sorry... please Angela..."

He's acting like a freakin' pest with verbal diarrhea, and I'd be swatting him away too. In fact, I prefer an arm's length in most cases. Add to that the heat & humidity, and a hangover.

He told her, kneeling beside her bed in the morning, that he didn't sleep at all. She answered "that's your problem." Was she paying for the room? Has he paid for anything during this two-week boring va-cay?  She told him "the spark is gone...I'll ride with you but don't touch me..."

A single woman does not go on vacation to have another person attached at the hip 24/7, expecting room & board, in fact all activities to be taken care of by someone else. 

All this makes a man very undesirable, regardless if the sex is good, which I'm having major doubts about because he seems squeamish. She's bored & broke, and just wants to go back to the hotel ALONE.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mainer said:

That’s tuff... because the best response you can give a man like Jesse is NO RESPONSE, he lives for the reaction, even if you called him every  name in the book or attacked his manhood he would interpret that as “she loves me, and she will never find a man as great”... I wish Darci had the self control to not react to his BS.. so if I were her and he broke up with me, I’d play it a non chalant as possible like it didn’t even effect me.. THAT WOULD FUCK WITH HIM, bad! And then I would EXPOSE EXPOSE EXPOSE, any text he sent anything he said I’d post it for all to see and make him look like the chaser, and I wouldn’t respond to him at all.. it would eat him alive for the rest of his life that to think any woman didn’t beg for his majestic self...  that’s all I got! ? but thanks for the liking wasn’t sure who would agree with that post as there’s a lot of Darci haters, I’m one that isn’t a big fan but when he decided to fly back for the break up I then saw his true colors and realized that poor Darci really lacks self control in his twisted antics of mind fuck.. it’s unfortunate and hard to watch

The thing is that women like Darcy seek out men like Jesse and vice versa. Most women would see “a Jesse” pretty early in a relationship and dump him. Most men would see a “Darcy” early on and run. IMO the Jesses’and the Darcys’ need to keep to their dating pool.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, iwasish said:

The thing is that women like Darcy seek out men like Jesse and vice versa. Most women would see “a Jesse” pretty early in a relationship and dump him. Most men would see a “Darcy” early on and run. IMO the Jesses’and the Darcys’ need to keep to their dating pool.

Yes I agree, she’s so insecure and messed up she seeks this out and somehow believes she deserves a man like Jesse. I just feel he is the evil one of the two, she needs counseling 

• Love 3
On 9/25/2018 at 1:53 PM, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Is anyone besides me REALLY SICK of hearing Darcey speak? The sound of her voice, the way she speaks and enunciates, the way her over inflated lips move, her endless use of cliche' love verbage?

You're just jealous because you haven't found your (gag) twinflame.

• Love 6
On 9/19/2018 at 1:00 PM, lucy711 said:

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure I read online that Darcey doesn't have primary custody of her kids.  I think the girls live with their dad.  I don't know how often she sees them.

I have the same impression. I think Darcy is not responsible enough to take care of her daughters. The girls live with their father and she plays a ‘mommy’ role on rotating weekends

• Love 1
On 9/23/2018 at 4:39 PM, JennyMominFL said:

I cant watch tonight because Im in the. Emglish countyside on vacation. [yorkshire) l Jon’s home town got a mention today on something I was watching.and its as beautiful in England as it looks but freaking cold.

We just got home from London (and Bath and the Cotswolds) and every London scene they are in, I am looking to figure out where they are!

• Love 1
On 9/28/2018 at 4:40 PM, LGGirl said:

I thought it was creepy.  I could never understand why Pricilla’s dad ever allowed her to go off with him.  

Not to go off topic but I am a bit of of an Elvis fan (and I have been for a loooong time, lol!) Priscilla once said, looking back, that her parents knew she would have been such a pain to live with they let her go, with very strict conditions.  Elvis held up his end of the deal - no shnick-shnack until marriage......many long years to wait for that, lolol!

21 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

I notice how Michael is always right up close, touching her, grabbing her arm, nagging "baby, baby... I'm sorry... please Angela..."

I know!!!  I would be - "Go. Away."

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

A single woman does not go on vacation to have another person attached at the hip 24/7, expecting room & board, in fact all activities to be taken care of by someone else. 

Isn't that exactly what the Angela and Michael Show is all about?  She knows he has nothing.  She know his country is worse than poor.  She knows he wants desperately to come to America.  What she hasn't figured out is that he will do and say ANYTHING to get here...with her $upport.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Yeah with apparently their own pod. When we went on the Eye, we were jammed in with 13445645 other people and their kids.  

We looked into booking a private pod to renew our wedding vows.  It's doable, but  not cheap.  

ETA:  Current price is about $550 American for a private pod.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2018 at 6:33 PM, Mainer said:

That’s tuff... because the best response you can give a man like Jesse is NO RESPONSE, he lives for the reaction, even if you called him every  name in the book or attacked his manhood he would interpret that as “she loves me, and she will never find a man as great”... I wish Darci had the self control to not react to his BS.. so if I were her and he broke up with me, I’d play it a non chalant as possible like it didn’t even effect me.. THAT WOULD FUCK WITH HIM, bad! And then I would EXPOSE EXPOSE EXPOSE, any text he sent anything he said I’d post it for all to see and make him look like the chaser, and I wouldn’t respond to him at all.. it would eat him alive for the rest of his life that to think any woman didn’t beg for his majestic self...  that’s all I got! ? but thanks for the liking wasn’t sure who would agree with that post as there’s a lot of Darci haters, I’m one that isn’t a big fan but when he decided to fly back for the break up I then saw his true colors and realized that poor Darci really lacks self control in his twisted antics of mind fuck.. it’s unfortunate and hard to watch

I don't hate Darcey.  But I don't feel very sorry for Darcey either.   There are plenty of men closer to her own age who would gladly date her and treat her nicely.   But she can't accessorize with men like that.   Jesse is part of her outfit, no different than a diva's toy poodle carried in a purse.   Darcy does everything she can to deny the fact that she is an aging, forty-something single mother living in a working class burg like Middletown (which she pretends is a bedroom community to the Big Apple but it's not).   She slathers on the makeup and eyelashes, veneers, extensions, etc., concocts her own dubious fashion brand, and spreads herself across the internet like chum to lure equally self-absorbed Euro-douche boytoys who have zero interest in her as anything but an opportunity.   She has created a thoroughly fake world for herself, then cries that she can't find real love.   Boo hoo.

• Love 24
On 9/27/2018 at 6:19 AM, noveltylibrary said:

What and miss another trip to NY? Guaranteed the main reason was to hit up modeling agencies.

Airfare by TLC?   Hotel by TLC?  Paid by TLC?  Just to bring on a little drama.  Sure, he'll go.

• Love 6

Long time watcher. First time poster. I like Angela, and I like Michael. He seems very sweet. It appears they are having great sex, and of all the couples, they are the 2 that I like individually as people the most.

Tarik and Hazel are a nightmare. Hazel is completely unattractive to him, but wants a better life. He wants an attractive wife, who is affordable.

Ricky is a nightmare. He and Tarik is are the same type of person. Desperate.

I'm not sure if I'm down with Ximeia's facial expressions. Ricky is too eager to tell her he came for Melissa. It was not hard at all to tell her-- he couldn't wait to let her know how *lucky* she was. I see that relationship going nowhere. Ricky isn't into her-- he's trying to save face IMO.

I do not get Darcey's desperation to be with Jesse. They appear to hate each other. His wistful lamenting on free refills. That was probably the best thing I've heard in a year. OMG, I laughed hard. That was pretty cute.

Jon and Rachel seem like a solid couple. They are a cute family together.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, millennium said:

I don't hate Darcey.  But I don't feel very sorry for Darcey either.   There are plenty of men closer to her own age who would gladly date her and treat her nicely.   But she can't accessorize with men like that.   Jesse is part of her outfit, no different than a diva's toy poodle carried in a purse.   Darcy does everything she can to deny the fact that she is an aging, forty-something single mother living in a working class burg like Middletown (which she pretends is a bedroom community to the Big Apple but it's not).   She slathers on the makeup and eyelashes, veneers, extensions, etc., concocts her own dubious fashion brand, and spreads herself across the internet like chum to lure equally self-absorbed Euro-douche boytoys who have zero interest in her as anything but an opportunity.   She has created a thoroughly fake world for herself, then cries that she can't find real love.   Boo hoo.

Correct, she is not willing to settle for 50 yr old  guy with a bald spot and a bit of a paunch,because she doesn’t see herself as a 40 plus,average looking mother of two, which is what she is without the veneers, fake tits and 6 inch stilettos.  

• Love 7
21 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

You're just jealous because you haven't found your (gag) twinflame.

Jesse and Darcey may have some sort of soul connection, but probably are not twinflames. My own experience has been a living hell and nightmare and a lot of hard work to do the change on myself.  Guess they just play around with the name to make themselves special.

even if you called him every  name in the book or attacked his manhood he would interpret that as “she loves me, and she will never find a man as great”.

I think more likely the response would be, "you are mentally unstable; you really need to get some help."

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Jesse and Darcey may have some sort of soul connection, but probably are not twinflames. My own experience has been a living hell and nightmare and a lot of hard work to do the change on myself.  Guess they just play around with the name to make themselves special.

But what is "twin flames" even supposed to mean?

• Love 2
On 9/23/2018 at 12:23 PM, AussieBabe said:

Re the open relationship thing. I get what Jon was saying. Some of his married FWBs were involved in open relationships. It can be assumed that their husbands or boyfriends knew and consented or were down with it. Open relationships or any form of ethical non-monogamy involve honesty and not messing around behind someone's back.

If adultery bothered me, then "some of his married FWBs were involved in open relationships" would get my attention, and it would be a different discussion from if it were "all of his married FWBs were involved in open relationships."

4 hours ago, KateHearts said:

But what is "twin flames" even supposed to mean?

I just thought it was some cheesy thing the two of them made up, but now according to what I've read, it's a real thing: "Your twin flame, or twin soul, is a person who you are destined to feel connected to on a physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual level. Your twin flame represents your friend, lover and teacher in this life. He or she is the catalyst of your spiritual growth and the mirror of your deepest desires, needs, and fears." This article describes how twin flame relationships are always very tumultuous and one of the hallmarks is how they are "on again and off again" and when they're "on" they're intensely passionate. 

ttps://thoughtcatalog.com/brianna-wiest/2016/09/18-signs-youre-experiencing-whats-known-as-a-twin-flame-relationship/ 

Sounds a lot like Jesse's psycho-babble to me. (Or is that Psycho Jesse's babble?) Anyway, I'm pretty sure their twin flames have been extinguished. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

even if you called him every  name in the book or attacked his manhood he would interpret that as “she loves me, and she will never find a man as great”.

I think more likely the response would be, "you are mentally unstable; you really need to get some help

I agree that’s what he would say OUTLOUD... but in his mind it would make him think he’s great and she loves him?

The problem with Jesse and Darci is there both playing “ the game” there relationship consists of a game of chess... and it shows there issues a healthy person wouldn’t play... like who in there right mind wants that in there life?? 

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I just thought it was some cheesy thing the two of them made up,

Hahah so did I! Never thought to look it up but that’s interesting. I figured it was something to with the fact Darci is a twin and they were just being there weird selves...

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Not to go off topic but I am a bit of of an Elvis fan (and I have been for a loooong time, lol!) Priscilla once said, looking back, that her parents knew she would have been such a pain to live with they let her go, with very strict conditions.  Elvis held up his end of the deal - no shnick-shnack until marriage......many long years to wait for that, lolol!

Not so much, according to   https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1261082/The-Kings-troubling-obsession-Elvis-woman-So-able-form-relationships-virginal-girls.html.  Priscilla says they were totally doing it the whole time.

Back on topic:  Interesting that it was important to Hazel to sustain the appearance of virginity for Torgo, pillows in the bed and all.  Priscilla should have tried that.

5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I think more likely the response would be, "you are mentally unstable; you really need to get some help."

"You need to work on yourself, babe."

• Love 2

Rachel confronts Jon; Darcey gets emotional; Marta wonders if Daya will fulfill his promise; Paul and Karine face an unexpected event; Angela struggles to make a decision; Tarik weighs his options; Ricky considers taking the plunge for love.

Jon and Rachel pick their wedding rings; Darcey and Jesse continue to fight; Paul comforts Karine; Marta makes a tough decision as Tarik prepares to leave Manila; Ximena gets a surprising message; Angela makes a shocking discovery.

2 hours ago, Mothra said:

Not so much, according to   https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1261082/The-Kings-troubling-obsession-Elvis-woman-So-able-form-relationships-virginal-girls.html.  Priscilla says they were totally doing it the whole time.

Back on topic:  Interesting that it was important to Hazel to sustain the appearance of virginity for Torgo, pillows in the bed and all.  Priscilla should have tried that.

"You need to work on yourself, babe."

Hazel might have pulled it off, but for that pesky business about her kid. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, millennium said:

Would they?  Maybe at first, but I bet a lot of them would move on when she started arguing and obsessing about every little thing.  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

Would they?  Maybe at first, but I bet a lot of them would move on when she started arguing and obsessing about every little thing.  

I would strongly recommend she find an unattached restaurant owner. At least he would know how to cut the steak.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

Sounds like you're biased. Or that's just the cut of your jib.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

A smart poster upthread taught me a new word, and I think it explains Elvis' quirk: ephebophilia.

On 9/27/2018 at 7:19 AM, noveltylibrary said:

What and miss another trip to NY? Guaranteed the main reason was to hit up modeling agencies.

Does anyone think he makes an attractive model? Will agencies take his 90-dayness as an advantage or the opposite? I find him extra creepy. 

22 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

A smart poster upthread taught me a new word, and I think it explains Elvis' quirk: ephebophilia.

"I think he might have inclinations toward if not pedophilia, then at least ephebophilia."

That was me!!!

23 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I would strongly recommend she find an unattached restaurant owner. At least he would know how to cut the steak.

I think Darcy needs to work on herself and stop having work DONE on  herself. As bad as Jesse is, I think he is correct when he tells  Darcy her issues are within her.

I wouldn’t last 5 minutes in her company. She’s like a gnat buzzing around your head. She doesn’t ever just sit and enjoy silence. And her neverending questions and pratter about “where the relationship is going” “things are good between us now right” “how do you see the future” 

When he left that night and later returned, she should have given him 5 minutes of peace, instead she follows him up the stairs, yammering, and then retreats to the adjacent room “ I’ll be here if you need me”.

Shes exhausting!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Rt66vintage said:

Does anyone think he makes an attractive model? Will agencies take his 90-dayness as an advantage or the opposite? I find him extra creepy. 

He looks very handsome in some of his photos even if his poses make no sense. I think that his personality overshadows his looks so there's an ick factor. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

I think Darcy needs to work on herself and stop having work DONE on  herself. As bad as Jesse is, I think he is correct when he tells  Darcy her issues are within her.

I wouldn’t last 5 minutes in her company. She’s like a gnat buzzing around your head. She doesn’t ever just sit and enjoy silence. And her neverending questions and pratter about “where the relationship is going” “things are good between us now right” “how do you see the future” 

When he left that night and later returned, she should have given him 5 minutes of peace, instead she follows him up the stairs, yammering, and then retreats to the adjacent room “ I’ll be here if you need me”.

Shes exhausting!!

Best post ever about Darcey. You nailed it. Including her being like a gnat!

She needs a lot of internal work for sure.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

No way is Jesse’s skin smooth enough to model.  He would go to a modeling agency and they would tell him to leave and “go work on himself.”  But unlike when Jesse says it to Darcy, they would actually mean he needed to go to a dermatologist.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

No way is Jesse’s skin smooth enough to model.  He would go to a modeling agency and they would tell him to leave and “go work on himself.”  But unlike when Jesse says it to Darcy, they would actually mean he needed to go to a dermatologist.

Eh. Many models have bad skin. Look how the photos of Gwyneth Paltrow - she has terrible skin and looks lovely in photos. 

Darzy stop messing with your face . You look gorgeous and then you blow up your lips and it's back to young Jocelyn Wildenstein. Stop it. ✋

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, endure said:

Delusional Ricky trying to convInce us he almost drowned.

He wasn't strong enough to drag his fat self.out of the water..I wouldn't have been able to.do that either but I  wouldn't fake an injury or drowning about it. Be your fat self Rikki!

Edited by spankydoll
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I like that Big Ang wrapped that ring in an American flag.  She’s in on the joke.  I like that...it’s basically the fourth wall.  Also nice that Michael had a ring of his own ready...although Big Ang looked more ecstatic about the yellow cake from last week.  

I wish I could care about the stripper who was not exercising at the Planet Fitness in Milwaukee.  I tried but her story is so lame.

I've been to.a.strip club twice in my life but my recollection was that the dancer 's routines were rigorous. But why go.the the gym if you're just going to pretend to.pedal   

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I wish I could care about the stripper who was not exercising at the Planet Fitness in Milwaukee.  I tried but her story is so lame.

Man, I missed her part.  I got home about an hour into the show and totally missed her.  And by "I missed her" I mean "I was not present for her scenes" and not "I noticed and am sad about the absence of The Stripper and The Muslim on my television screen."  

• Love 6