Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

It’s like building up for something great, or some new revelation just to be let down AGAIN... forces us to watch again next week and following week etc.. it’s an aggravating mind game they play with us, we are all onto to you tlc but keep coming back for more!! ?

@millennium

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 2
On 9/24/2018 at 8:15 AM, snarkish said:

Darcey Kardashian/Heir Meester: Thank you, Darcey, for pointing out the way to save a relationship on the skids is with better teeth. And that you for saying "HAMSTER-dammn" one more time so that my ears could bleed further. That outfit and suitcase for the trip to get dumped was the highlight of their segment. 

Tah-REEKs/WitchHazel: Can she look any more dead in the eyes. I died laughing at her blank stare in the TH when asked if she loves him. She's not completely stupid because she realized she needs to step up her game a bit before she loses her ticket to the US, but home girl needs to show this doofus some form of affection. 

Marta/MuslimMan: I got nothing on these two beyond how ignorant it was of her to ask him if he likes her cross? What the ever loving fuck? Let's travel to Algeria to meet a guy who slams his computer shut on you during a Skype chat. *rolling eyes so hard I'm looking at the back of my skull*

TearyEyes/Garbage Gnome: My eyes literally stung this episode every time she poked her grimy fingers in her eyes to wipe tears. I would love to see camera crew shoving a box of tissues at her during her TH scenes. That bridal shop scene was surreal. You've got the Cameron Diaz/"There's Something About Mary" Associate with the hair, the bestie who is trying to conjure up Amy Winehouse with her eye makeup, and Rachel wearing a black sports bra to try dresses on, and wonders why she's not looking good in any of them. Although I'm a big fan of bushy, dark beards (cue Mr. Snarkish), I was happy to see Jon had trimmed his. He does not pull off the big beard well. Although he looked WAY more gray now that the beard was trimmed. Anyone else notice that Rachel said she was "home for a few months" but baby Lucy only appeared maybe a month older?

Pole/Preggo: Gee, shocker there. More like 4-5 months preggo, Honey. Her boobs and acne were out of control. And what's the rush to the clinic, only for a pregnancy test? I assumed it was a miscarriage. 

Wrinkled Windbag/MahKUL: Ahh, the stars of the show. You couldn't get better comedy than the car scene where he "accidentally" whacks her in the head and then misunderstands her with "Black guy??" She gets more wrinkled and her cleavage longer with each episode. And with each episode we get visually accosted with her breasts. Good to know the way to tame the savage beast is with a giant scoop of cheap, lemon yellow frosting served off a serving spoon. 

Icky/Noxema: At first I was disappointed that she stalked off and returned to the table. But now I realize she's going to make the pig pay for his actions. I CANNOT wait until next Sunday for the swimming/drowning scene! Ricky: "I can't swim". Ximena: "Get in". Woohooo!!!!  

Wow, Cameron Diaz, conjuring up Winehouse, dressed to get dumped, can't swim/get in!  Laughing so hard, the tears are running down my face.  Thanks a lot!  I'm at work.  Truly funny stuff there.   :)

• Love 1

Six pages of awesome, I have virtually nothing left to add that hasn't already been said brilliantly ... except for this one question:

Did we know, before Pole's convo with Pole Mom at the restaurant that there was a Pole DAD in the picture, apparently alive and still married to Pole Mom? Was anyone else as shocked as I was (I mean, I can understand if the guy has any self-esteem or awareness why he would not want to be a part of this trainwreck or even admit paternity/marriage to this pair, but still surprised it was never referred to ... unless it was addressed during one of the several scenes this season where I just dozed off)?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Jesse really is full of himself:  Promoting himself to be such the gentleman to fly over and break up in person while talking about his "ethics and morals" or some such junk.  Dude, you were less than a gentleman every time we saw you, just finish your run with a phone call, block her number and email, erase her from all social media, send back all cards and letters she may send.

I went back to the beginning when they first met in Amsterdam.  Now, Darcy is all sorts of things, but his special brand of torture (love) started within an hour or so of her arriving. 

She flies for hours, is exhausted, probably wants to shower and relax, enjoy meeting him right?  No, instead he insists they do bike riding which obviously she has not done since childhood.

He is impatient, goads her,commands her to speed up, do this , do that.   He was a jerk from the moment she freed her heel from the escalator.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Yes, but genetics too. She's turning into her mother, and fast.

I think she's the spitting image of her dad!  

Seriously though, it looks like she started a meth habit in between seasons.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I caught this I had to rewind it.... I think mom and Karine are working things retro- they know what's up and are covering it. I keep thinking back to when Karine took the PG test when he arrived and her first words were "I'm sorry". Something is off. I think she is PG by someone else not Paul. She is covering it to keep the $ train going for her baby and to stay alive. I understand that. 

About the pr'n'cy test - I agree.  She definitely said, "I'm sorry," which I took to mean she was sorry for pitching a fit about taking the prncy test, but thinking back...I think it was positive, she was admitting as much to Pole, but quickly figured out that he couldn't read it so she bluffed her way through a negative result.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Seriously though, it looks like she started a meth habit in between seasons.

I thought meth kept you agitated and awake for days.  That's not our sleepy Kreeny.

I'm sure the majority of women here have been pregnant and remember that first trimester.  You are exhausted all the time and raging hormones make you irritable.  Then it all gets so much better.

But they're not explaining the time line properly. How long has Pole been in Brazil?  Why does Kreeny appear to be further along than 4-5 weeks?  Has it entered Pole's mind the child might not be his and that's why Kreeny wants a divorce all of a sudden?

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I thought meth kept you agitated and awake for days.  That's not our sleepy Kreeny.

I'm sure the majority of women here have been pregnant and remember that first trimester.  You are exhausted all the time and raging hormones make you irritable.  Then it all gets so much better.

But they're not explaining the time line properly. How long has Pole been in Brazil?  Why does Kreeny appear to be further along than 4-5 weeks?  Has it entered Pole's mind the child might not be his and that's why Kreeny wants a divorce all of a sudden?

Or is it all just drama for the show? The baby is his, they are happy together and we are getting strung along. 

• Love 3

A video popped up on my Instagram this morning of Tarik and Hazel and they are at an outdoor cafe and both of them are chair dancing like crazy. Hazel is laughing and really in to it.  She has a personality somewhere in there 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

A video popped up on my Instagram this morning of Tarik and Hazel and they are at an outdoor cafe and both of them are chair dancing like crazy. Hazel is laughing and really in to it.  She has a personality somewhere in there 

I saw that. He seems to have a big personality, maybe he brings hers out? 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, millennium said:

My biggest complaint about this show is that nothing ever seems to happen.   The editing, teasers and promos lead you to believe you're about to witness epic confrontations between (insert couple of your choice) but somehow the hyped moment just melts away into inconsequentiality.  Or gets put off to the next week.  And then the next.    Jesse and Darcey, for example .   Show hypes that Jesse's coming back to America to hand-deliver Darcey's walking papers, but all it amounted to was a spa day on-the-fly for Darcey that begins at a strip mall and ends in one of the handicapped seats on the train.   Arguments shown in the previews are always resolved by the aggrieved party passively agreeing to eat shit and soldier on.   Potential crises always turn out to be the product of bait-and-switch editing.   Big reveals consist of stuff we at home figured out episodes ago.  

I've been thinking a lot about why I keep coming back and all I can come up with is that this show is art, and the style is American grotesque.   Diane Arbus for the Instagram age.   I tend to remember the show in still frames.   Rachel examining her finger after she wipes her eye ...  The hideous pattern of the bridal shop's dressing room curtain ... The lumps multiplying on Karine's skin ... Darcey fellating her lipstick ...  Ricky pantomining how the burden was courageously lifted from his shoulders (omitting the part where he unloads it onto Ximena) ... Ximena's mouth pulled to the side as she tries not to cry  ...  Malibu Jesse, his skin pitted in the bleak light of the beach...  Angela in profile, her misshapen carcass crammed into Walmart beach wear ...  Michael's impassive, angelic expression, eyes on the road, never betraying a hint of the horror  ... That innocent cake, defiled ...   

When does the 90-Day Fiance coffee table book come out?

I'd like to buy you a drink! This post is on point! Took 32 episodes for the show to trot out Meh-lissa when we were all waiting to see if Dicky was being catfished.

38 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

About the pr'n'cy test - I agree.  She definitely said, "I'm sorry," which I took to mean she was sorry for pitching a fit about taking the prncy test, but thinking back...I think it was positive, she was admitting as much to Pole, but quickly figured out that he couldn't read it so she bluffed her way through a negative result.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised he didn't watch her pee on the stick. Only way to be sure.

A post-it break up note might've been appropriate in the case of Darcey and Jesse.

• Love 8

I have been convinced from the beginning, as soon as Karine walked out of the bathroom in tears, convinced that the game was up, that she suddenly realized that Pole couldn't read the test so she thought fast and told him it was negative. Who'd of thought she had the brain power? But she bamboozled him. To be fair, he was ripe for bamboozlement. Karine cried before the wedding because she wants the guy who knocked her up. I want to know that story. Is it her Brazilian boyfriend? Is is another American schmoe who's marginally better looking/has better prospects than Pole? But didn't seal the deal? Either way, eh. They deserve each other.

• Love 16
17 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

There is a gif, god I love the internet.

tenor.gif?itemid=12529695

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen,  ev-ah!

Serious note:  IMPORTANT SAFETY TIP:   Notice how Darcy's "hair" or hair extensions actually touching the stair tread.  If the escalator had been running and if her hair had got caught in it, she could have been seriously injured or even killed, so she needs to be careful when she's wrangling with stiletto heels caught in escalator stairs.

Edited by Floatingbison
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Then Darcy with the suitcase - of course there's lifts at all train stations

actually, only 20% of NYC subway stations are accessible. So Darcey's dilemma was real.  Exacerbated by her ridiculous my-big-fat-gypsy fake designer luggage collection  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

I don't see Hazel as submissive at all. If she were submissive she'd have had sex with Tarik and she would be smiling and trying to please him at every chance. If she's disappointed because  she thought she was  getting the  young slim Tarik in the photos he sent, he clearly thought he was getting the attractive, smiling bright eyed woman in the photos she sent. 

If she wants a ticket to the US, she better do a 180 cause no one is going to bring that sad sack back as a wife. It's depressing just looking at her. The only time she smiled was at the mention of the rich Japanese guy her sister told her about.

I did not describe Hazel as submissive.  I spoke of other Americans who wanted a submissive Asian wife.   Torgo's desires when it comes to Asian women differ from those of other Americans we've seen.

Hazel is more like a petulant child in her refusal to have sex with Tarquin, and I think that's part of her allure for him.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I still can't get over how much Darcy's hairstylist/friend/cousin resembles Mama Chantal.  I keep waiting for her to tell Darcy it's going to get more stupider.

1,000% this! Glad I'm not the only one who saw the physical resemblance. That's where it ends, though, since this chick makes complete sense in her advice to Darcy. Darcy is more stupider every day, indeed. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kareem said:

TearyEyes/Garbage Gnome: My eyes literally stung this episode every time she poked her grimy fingers in her eyes to wipe tears. I would love to see camera crew shoving a box of tissues at her during her TH scenes. That bridal shop scene was surreal. You've got the Cameron Diaz/"There's Something About Mary" Associate with the hair, the bestie who is trying to conjure up Amy Winehouse with her eye makeup, and Rachel wearing a black sports bra to try dresses on, and wonders why she's not looking good in any of them. Although I'm a big fan of bushy, dark beards (cue Mr. Snarkish), I was happy to see Jon had trimmed his. He does not pull off the big beard well. Although he looked WAY more gray now that the beard was trimmed. Anyone else notice that Rachel said she was "home for a few months" but baby Lucy only appeared maybe a month older?

That bridal shop worker needed a BIGGER dress.  Please don't cram yourself into a size 12 when you are 14 or 16.  Frankly I would be a little pissed if I waited on someone, got different dresses for them, etc, only to have them announce:  "I can't afford any of these."  Again, "Why are you here?"  Or truthfully, I would ask upfront:  "What are you comfortable spending?"  If the answer is "Zero" then again:  "Why are you here?"

4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Something is off. I think she is PG by someone else not Paul.

I hope she is pregnant by someone else - I hate to think of a Paul Jr out there in the world.

1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

I went back to the beginning when they first met in Amsterdam.  Now, Darcy is all sorts of things, but his special brand of torture (love) started within an hour or so of her arriving. 

She flies for hours, is exhausted, probably wants to shower and relax, enjoy meeting him right?  No, instead he insists they do bike riding which obviously she has not done since childhood.

He is impatient, goads her,commands her to speed up, do this , do that.   He was a jerk from the moment she freed her heel from the escalator.

Thank you for that reminder - and I bet Jesse was all "Why don't you peddle?  I AM DONE  DONE!!!!"  And now, years or a year later, she all misty eyed at the memory?  "He took me a park when I first went there!!"  Ugh - these two are just awful.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, WeeklyLaugh said:

It was brought up first season that both of them were pushing for their own spin off.  After seeing Darcey’s list of skills on IMDb and her previous failed pilot with TLC I could see where Jesse thought she could help his career.  She probably told him just that.  I guess the spin off could be called “The Twin Life:  The Later Years”. 

I think Darcey and Jesse are not the only fame-whores this time around.  We know Angela has had a turn on Jerry Springer (I don't know if it was actually JS, but that's the idea), and so much of the later fighting with the Nigerian Trump makes more sense if seen as intentional drama creation with a view to exposure for this sassy Dixie grandma who looks for love in all the wrong places.  Her picking at him--and his *hilarious* malaprops--"I think of you as my mother!!!!!"  Haw haw haw---should play well on the CW, if it still exists.  I think Angela believes she's got personality to spare, and if she isn't cast in her own reality show, well, it just isn't fair.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Horrified said:

actually, only 20% of NYC subway stations are accessible. So Darcey's dilemma was real.  Exacerbated by her ridiculous my-big-fat-gypsy fake designer luggage collection  

Was she on the subway? I thought she was on a Metro North train to GCS where there are elevators

On 9/24/2018 at 8:23 AM, Raja said:

"Broke" in America is a bit different than living on the street on skid row. It is closer to middle class in their third world home.  The living conditions of the  working class in many a third world society is close to the homeless American..

What you say is true, I believe, purely in terms of economics.  But I think other factors, such as family supports, make a big difference between being homeless in America and poor in a third-world country.   If you're poor in a third-world country, you are not part of the minority that homeless people are in the US.  The third-world families we've seen on this show do not live alone or without supports.  Even Hazel's parents, who I think are the poorest people we've seen, have a place to live and a church to attend which, one hopes, would provide a sense of being cared about, which very, very few homeless people here are blessed with.  When you live in a place where nearly everyone is poor, poverty is not the stigma it is where most of the people are not truly poor.  Given the choice, I'd rather be poor, with a family, in Sao Paolo than alone and homeless in Philadelphia.

• Love 11
On 9/24/2018 at 10:35 AM, islandgal140 said:

Darcy: How do you like my new veneers? (smiles fetchingly)

Jesse: Veneers aren't for everyone.

<snort>

"And how do you like my cross necklace, you Muslim you?"

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Was she on the subway? I thought she was on a Metro North train to GCS where there are elevators

Oh!  yes, you could be right.  I assumed she grabbed a subway to get from GrandCentral to the UWS park where she was to meet her twinflame.

I'm 99% sure Rachel's wedding dress shopping was producer-driven, to give her something to do besides sit around and whine and wipe her eyes.  Plus they had to find a way to get her friend's eye makeup on the tv.  And I thank them for it.

Yes to everyone who suggested better places to find a dress, better dresses than virginal white.  She used to be a size zero?  She must really have packed it on with Lucy, then, because the photos we saw when she was pregnant made her look pretty slim with a big belly.  Did she gain a lot in the last months, or since Lucy's birth?  I'm having trouble understanding her weight gain, especially since she was "seeing" Jon throughout the pregnancy.  Not to body shame--I think she's fine the way she is, but she clearly doesn't--when, exactly, did that weigh accrue (she's in accounting, and I'm speaking her language)?  In my own experience, when I'm in love I tend to lose weight; maybe she tends to gain?

One reason that dress was so unflattering, btw, is that she had an unmatching back-buttoned jacket on over it.  We saw the dress itself being zipped up without a hitch, but then when she came out, there were unbuttoned buttons on the back, and the strapless dress had grown sleeves.

I hope she is able to lose her baby weight, and soon, because I think a lot of her weepiness is misery over her body.  She's really cute, I think, and not used to being frumpy.  I've criticized her for wearing baggy clothing, but if she's never been this heavy before (and again I don't think she's all that heavy), she really doesn't know how to dress a bigger body than she's used to.  She isn't breast-feeding, so there's no reason she can't diet the shit out of it.  And if she has maintained a size 0 body, she knows how to diet.  So why isn't she doing it?

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

Dutch Boy *was* shaving back his hairline!  Did you see his widow's peak?  That preening asshole.  He was hoping to be "discovered" in the US, I bet the farm on it.  And was willing to put up with Darcey to get the exposure.  What a dick he is.  She's stupid and damaged, but he's vile.

How can Tardis be surprised that Hazel might prefer a rich Japanese husband?  She has shown him no affection so far.  Her "I love you" sounded like what I say to a good friend who's going through a tough time, not romantic at all.  Torgo is so fixated on fucking her--and that's creeping me out big time and has been for a while because she looks like a child, a goddam child--that her feelings about him are irrelevant except for the obligatory formal declaration of "love" which makes it all kosher.

In fact, I think Torgo's obsession with this waif-like person who is much younger than he, who has an underdeveloped body (maybe due to malnutrition), who does not communicate in any adult way, who behaves like a child who has been taught to avoid "bad touch" (the pillows in the bed) is really, really sick, and it might explain why Torgo, who appears to be successful in his work, who seems like a great dad to his daughter, who isn't ugly is not able to "find love" in the US.  I also think the shiftiness of his gaze, the way he has trouble looking people, even the camera, in the eye, is indicative of maybe a little guilty feeling, a fear of being found out doing something he shouldn't be,  Given the facts of his life, he seems like something of a catch, yet his choice for love is a child-woman who, like a child, will have to be totally dependent on him if she comes to the US.  I think he might have inclinations toward if not pedophilia, then at least ephebophilia.

These other guys who go for submissive especially Asian women tend to slaver over the big breasts and heavy makeup--I can't think of another American seeking love in Asia going for such a physically immature-looking woman--and while their wives would also be totally dependent on their husbands *at first* I can see them gradually learning to drive, getting a job, etc.  Hazel is so dead-eyed, so vacant, that it's hard to imagine her being able to care for herself in even the most basic ways.

And what a shit move to pull on his daughter, to bring in a "stepmother" who will need as much care as the child with special needs!

I think Torgo should be ashamed of himself, and maybe he is.  He certainly acts like he is.

I couldn’t agree more! He likes the looks of her that’s it! And she has the mentality of a twelve year old girl, her body is like you said but also her maturity level is way behind, it’s not like they have some chemistry and things in common, this is strictly a man preying on a child... he’s not much more then a child molester in my eyes.. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I did not describe Hazel as submissive.  I spoke of other Americans who wanted a submissive Asian wife.   Torgo's desires when it comes to Asian women differ from those of other Americans we've seen.

Hazel is more like a petulant child in her refusal to have sex with Tarquin, and I think that's part of her allure for him.

I don’t see Hazel that way at all. Maybe I’m in the minority but I see her as a poor girl whose had has a very hard life without much joy.  Does she like Tarik?  Probably not but she knows it’s probably her only way out.  I don’t see her scamming Tarik.   If she was, she would have slept with him by now and definitely NOT taken him to the marathon church service. I see her as reserved and shy.  I wouldn’t be jumping in the sack with someone I just met, either.  Frankly, I find Tarik a jerk for equating having sex as a measurement of Hazel’s feelings.  

Hazel’s allure to Tarik is that she will owe him and be at his beck and call.  She is a possession, as most of these foreign fiancés are to Americans, they are bought and paid for.   Tarik will be in for some hard realities if he brings a Hazel back.  

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I have been convinced from the beginning, as soon as Karine walked out of the bathroom in tears, convinced that the game was up, that she suddenly realized that Pole couldn't read the test so she thought fast and told him it was negative. Who'd of thought she had the brain power? But she bamboozled him. To be fair, he was ripe for bamboozlement. Karine cried before the wedding because she wants the guy who knocked her up. I want to know that story. Is it her Brazilian boyfriend? Is is another American schmoe who's marginally better looking/has better prospects than Pole? But didn't seal the deal? Either way, eh. They deserve each other.

I noticed that, too.  I think she’s playing a con and her mother is on it.  The baby is not Paul’s but marrying Paul makes it so.   That is why she was so insistent on starting a family immediately.   The baby will be an American and I bet she thinks it will either make entry into the USA easier for herself or bleed Paul for $$ to support the kid.  Either way, Paul is screwed, but deservedly so.  

When I saw Karine time around, I, too, thought she looked awful.   I just figured she was on drugs because of the acne.   Something tells me that either Karine doesn’t know who the father is or he’s just out of the picture; otherwise, she would have married him.  

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Yes to everyone who suggested better places to find a dress, better dresses than virginal white. 

Hey!!   I wore white as a second time bride!   I had two kids so the jig was up, lol.  I thought - what the heck.  But I was not Weepy McWeepy over every little thing, though.

Per Tarik and his affection for super skinny, waif like girls:  Some men like them thick, some men like them thin, I get it. But he likes them half gone!!!  And a flat affect - like is she alive? 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Horrified said:
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Oh!  yes, you could be right.  I assumed she grabbed a subway to get from GrandCentral to the UWS park where she was to meet her twinflame.

I would LOVE to see her schlepping all that stuff on the subway! 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Either way, Paul is screwed, but deservedly so.  

Yep - he had SO many red flags thrown his way, along with flaming arrows, tasers and flashing lights and he STILL forged ahead.  He gets whatever comes his way.  I can just see him sitting on a barstool in ten years, bemoaning what has happened.  Well you brought it all on yourself, buddy boy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

What you say is true, I believe, purely in terms of economics.  But I think other factors, such as family supports, make a big difference between being homeless in America and poor in a third-world country.   If you're poor in a third-world country, you are not part of the minority that homeless people are in the US.  The third-world families we've seen on this show do not live alone or without supports.  Even Hazel's parents, who I think are the poorest people we've seen, have a place to live and a church to attend which, one hopes, would provide a sense of being cared about, which very, very few homeless people here are blessed with.  When you live in a place where nearly everyone is poor, poverty is not the stigma it is where most of the people are not truly poor.  Given the choice, I'd rather be poor, with a family, in Sao Paolo than alone and homeless in Philadelphia.

I agree. It's a totally different thing when the majority of people in the city are poor. Then poor is normal. There is no shame in it and it's a relatable situation. Still tough but not marginalizing.

3 hours ago, Kath94 said:

Why wouldn't Brazillian PTs have a + or - or some little easily understood symbol, like American ones? I mean, it was Paul's idea to make her take BOTH pregnancy tests. Wouldn't he know how to read the result? Didn't their entire relationship going fwd hinge on those results?

1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I'm 99% sure Rachel's wedding dress shopping was producer-driven, to give her something to do besides sit around and whine and wipe her eyes.  Plus they had to find a way to get her friend's eye makeup on the tv.  And I thank them for it.

Yes to everyone who suggested better places to find a dress, better dresses than virginal white.  She used to be a size zero?  She must really have packed it on with Lucy, then, because the photos we saw when she was pregnant made her look pretty slim with a big belly.  Did she gain a lot in the last months, or since Lucy's birth?  I'm having trouble understanding her weight gain, especially since she was "seeing" Jon throughout the pregnancy.  Not to body shame--I think she's fine the way she is, but she clearly doesn't--when, exactly, did that weigh accrue (she's in accounting, and I'm speaking her language)?  In my own experience, when I'm in love I tend to lose weight; maybe she tends to gain?

One reason that dress was so unflattering, btw, is that she had an unmatching back-buttoned jacket on over it.  We saw the dress itself being zipped up without a hitch, but then when she came out, there were unbuttoned buttons on the back, and the strapless dress had grown sleeves.

I hope she is able to lose her baby weight, and soon, because I think a lot of her weepiness is misery over her body.  She's really cute, I think, and not used to being frumpy.  I've criticized her for wearing baggy clothing, but if she's never been this heavy before (and again I don't think she's all that heavy), she really doesn't know how to dress a bigger body than she's used to.  She isn't breast-feeding, so there's no reason she can't diet the shit out of it.  And if she has maintained a size 0 body, she knows how to diet.  So why isn't she doing it?

I doubt seriously she was a size 0 the day she conceived Lucy. Yes, maybe years ago, when she was 18, and maybe in the size 0 "range." But what is she now? A short (petite) size 14? It's a bit much to think she went up and stayed up 7 dress sizes. I gained 75 and 90 pounds during my two pregnancies and I was within one dress size of my usual size when I returned to work after 4 months maternity leave (partly bc I busted my ass and also bc some of that weight does naturally fall off). I don't believe her. I know she gained a lot but I don't think it was 7 sizes.

32 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I don’t see Hazel that way at all. Maybe I’m in the minority but I see her as a poor girl whose had has a very hard life without much joy.  Does she like Tarik?  Probably not but she knows it’s probably her only way out.  I don’t see her scamming Tarik.   If she was, she would have slept with him by now and definitely NOT taken him to the marathon church service. I see her as reserved and shy.  I wouldn’t be jumping in the sack with someone I just met, either.  Frankly, I find Tarik a jerk for equating having sex as a measurement of Hazel’s feelings.  

I see Hazel as a straight up hustler. Who is so hardened and callous that she can't even be bothered to smile or be even slightly pleasant.

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

But that baby doesn't deserve his/her parents' constant fighting and unhealthy marriage. And he/she doesn't deserve to be a real-life Siri and translator.

We all know she looked to be.pregnant when he arrived. If he really hadn't visited in four months, he can't be the father. She was already dealing with what looked like cystic acne, water retention, and obvious weight gain in her face, neck, and breasts when she was in the airport. When he walked into the clinic and touched her belly, she had a visible bump. I don't know who they, faux doctor, or TLC think they're fooling with 4-5 weeks but it's rubbish. 

They both look miserable and like they don't want to be married to each other. Pole should've brought some digital readout pregnancy tests from the States or suggested that she see a doctor for a test.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mothra said:

I can't think of another American seeking love in Asia going for such a physically immature-looking woman

Well, there was Mark and Nikki. And if we expand beyond Asian women, Alan and Kirlyam.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

I see Hazel as a straight up hustler. Who is so hardened and callous that she can't even be bothered to smile or be even slightly pleasant.

Whether this is true about her or not, I don't know.  What I know in my heart is that's not how Torgo sees her.  He sees her as a child, and it makes him horny.  And that's disgusting.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kath94 said:

Yeah, that's a good point, didn't she more or less admit she was pregnant and then act like she was "joking" after she realized he couldn't read it?  For a neurotic guy who's obsessed with making women take pregnancy tests, you'd think he'd make the effort to learn how to read one.

2 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Whether this is true about her or not, I don't know.  What I know in my heart is that's not how Torgo sees her.  He sees her as a child, and it makes him horny.  And that's disgusting.

I can't agree with calling him a pedophile just because he likes a petite full lipped Asian woman. And he was in love with her before he realized she doesn't talk, I think.

• Love 5

Maybe Racheal meant she was a size 0 at her first wedding.  Me too, girl!  But , 2 babies later and years later and things change.  I can see how she would be emotional about it especially if she hasn't lost the weight from the new baby.  I'm still married , but if I had to get a vow renewal dress or whatever it might freak me out too.  No snark on that for rach.  I just hope someone helps her find what looks good on her NOW and that she embraces it instead of focusing on what's wrong with her body (or what she thinks is wrong).

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

<snort>

"And how do you like my cross necklace, you Muslim you?"

This reminded me of something but I’m not necessarily talking about your comment.  They showed the Muslim guy, Daya, on Martha’s computer screen pointing to his chest area where Marta’s necklace was. He was indicating that he saw the necklace and gesturing to her in an annoyed way. That’s when she started talking about it. He initiated the necklace talk; Marta did not.  Now, the TLC editing people didn’t  show him doing that in the previews, but on the actual show they showed the entire thing. 

Now with respect to Martha and Daya, I’ve never seen anything more ridiculous than her typing into a translator app and then holding her tablet up so that he could read her computer on his computer screen. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

Well, there was Mark and Nikki. And if we expand beyond Asian women, Alan and Kirlyam.

Yes, I'll give you Mark and Nikki, and I think that relationship is creepy, too, especially since Mark treated her like a child.    Kirlyam looks a little like Hazel, with the full lips and all, but I don't get that Lolita vibe from her and Alan.  Kirlyam looks young; Nikki looks like a grown woman.

image.png.505c6ebb495f11d256f7a9c1d615f35c.png        image.png.be48e82522767512eb3bec9cf48f19e2.png

image.png.fb48f051878c12834f0c53349188918d.png

3 minutes ago, PityFree said:

This reminded me of something but I’m not necessarily talking about your comment.  They showed the Muslim guy, Daya, on Martha’s computer screen pointing to his chest area where Marta’s necklace was. He was indicating that he saw the necklace and gesturing to her in an annoyed way. That’s when she started talking about it. He initiated the necklace talk; Marta did not.  Now, the TLC editing people didn’t  show him doing that in the previews, but on the actual show they showed the entire thing. 

Yes, he showed annoyance with the cross as soon as he noticed it.  He is an overgroomed young man imo and for that reason alone Marta should run and not look back.

• Love 2

Alan met Kirlyam when she was like 12 and he was a young adult on his mission.   And I'm guessing he flew back and forth as she grew up to visit her family and remind her that God chose him for her.  So, their relationship begining was like seriously creepy.  They seem normal now, but she was still a child and he was an adult when he met and he started "seeing" her as a family friend.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Mothra said:

<snip>

and it might explain why Torgo, who appears to be successful in his work, who seems like a great dad to his daughter, who isn't ugly is not able to "find love" in the US.

I beg to differ.

I think he's ugly because he always has that derpy expression on his face.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, crabbygrrl said:

It's like being in an abusive relationship -- next week, it will really turn around and show me the love I deserve! 

This show is your Jesse.   Try begging it to love you...that'll surely do the trick. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

I think Darcey and Jesse are not the only fame-whores this time around.  We know Angela has had a turn on Jerry Springer (I don't know if it was actually JS, but that's the idea), and so much of the later fighting with the Nigerian Trump makes more sense if seen as intentional drama creation with a view to exposure for this sassy Dixie grandma who looks for love in all the wrong places.  Her picking at him--and his *hilarious* malaprops--"I think of you as my mother!!!!!"  Haw haw haw---should play well on the CW, if it still exists.  I think Angela believes she's got personality to spare, and if she isn't cast in her own reality show, well, it just isn't fair.

That is understatement.  I actually went and watched the 2 Maury show excerpts that were posted on line.  You talk about scripted.  Her yelling was worse than on 90 Day.  You would think she could come up with 2 different plot lines.  Each time she accused the same daughter that her grandkids were conceived by different men than her son-in-law. Each time she was wrong.  The daughter is obviously a fame whore too. If my mother went on national television and basically called me a whore, I wouldn’t be talking to her much living with her.  Then they are all buddy buddy on 90 Day.  Michael is a scammer that got caught in her publicity stunt/web.  At least Ang looked better on the Maury shows.  Her boobs weren’t hanging out and her hair didn’t look like straw.  

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, AnnMarie17 said:

This show is your Jesse.   Try begging it to love you...that'll surely do the trick. 

She'll need to work on herself first. I finally realized why Darcy and Jesse keep splitting up and getting back together. It's the relationship equivalent of free refills!

• Love 16