Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, MrFluffy said:

I grew up with a guy named Gregor Samsa...and his cruel parents were lit professors.

Of course they were.

What I want to know is if they changed the last name for the express purpose of naming their child Gregor.

• Love 2

I recently watched the Parts Unknown on Manila with the real Anthony Bourdain. The Filipinos living abroad send money and goods back totaling 30 billion dollars annually and it's 1/3 of the Philippines GNP.

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Splithair said:

Ugh, yes.  I do think a similar dynamic exists in the U.S., though, with younger women being drawn to older and/or rich men they're not attracted to.  This show also does expose young men being attracted to older women for similar reasons...

It's interesting to read on this forum the people that are disgusted with Hazel and yet are sympathetic to Michael.  Luis was not a sympathetic figure on this show (nor should he be) but Molly was similar to Angela in some ways, who was similar to Mark, Fernando, etc., etc.

Bottom line is most of the foreign spouses have seemed to end up with Americans who are either much older and/or much less attractive than themselves.  It's kind of like a famous musician or actor that would never land the supermodel on looks alone; is the other person with them because of that only or did the other person only give them a chance because they were rich or famous...and then maybe fell in love...

Tarik, Ricky, Mark, Angela, Fernando, Larry, Molly and several others sought out people either way younger or way more attractive (or both) overseas.  Maybe the foreign partner genuinely fell in love or maybe they didn't.

I agree with others that this show was much better when it documented the struggles of couples who were navigating the immigration process and related challenges because they truly loved each other and wanted to be together.

I personally feel the most sorry for Hazel.  I'm hoping against hope that she somehow fell in love with Tarik, but she looks to me like someone who has suffered so greatly in life.  

Although there are a few that seem to have legitimately fallen in love (or think they are) like Jon & Rachel, the ones who intentionally go overseas to find their mates are likely doing it for the control factor.  They know they have the ultimate carrot -- the green card -- and that allows them to paw all over their intendeds and gives them a false sense of security that their intendeds won't leave them. And it's not just the men doing it.  Nicole had her grubby paws all over Azan.  Molly with Luis (although I'd argue that Molly is the more attractive of that coupling; I thought Luis was fug).   

I feel sorry for nearly anyone who is so desperate to leave their current situations that they'll pretend or convince themselves they love the person they barely even know and likely are appalled by physically.  Hazel saddens me; she may have totally scammed him with "rich Japanese guy" to get him to propose, but she clearly is dead behind the eyes, lives in poverty, lost her son, and now her likely only chance and maybe best chance to get out of it is Tarik.  

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

Was that Chris who's moving to Thailand?  I caught that part but didn't know which Sugar Daddy it was, Sean or Chris.  Anyhoo....my internal early warning device went off when I heard that.  I'd say that Chris has some . . . . proclivities.

Yes it was Chris.  He no doubt hooks up with a different Thai girl every week there.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Carly13817 said:

I guess that was meant for the next scene with Paul and Karine at the hospital. They could have added that warning just after the scene with Michael and Angela instead.

I know, Angela and I are the same age and every time they show her face and boobies up close I cringe because that's not how it has to be at our age. That ring exchange was one of the craziest things I've seen in a long time.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

No one is suggesting that’s what Rachel would do, just speculating on why her ex would deny the daughter traveling. Once a child is outside the jurisdiction, even with a custody order, that order must be enforced. That is expensive. 

1.  You and I and the board in general aren't privy to their custody arrangement and don't know what they may or may not agree to in the future.

2.  You and I and the rest of the board do not know what sort of travel arrangements the father may or may not agree to in the future, if any.

3.  The UK, like most civilized countries, is part of several UN-backed pacts regarding non-custodial abduction and is actually quite helpful when it comes to returning a child to the custodial parent.  It's not like trying to get a child back from Iran.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Nuh uh!  The Devil is a LIE!

Who is responsible for this?  Please don't tell me this is a real thing. My brain cannot allow the thought of Tariq spending hours in the studio ( aka his brother broom closet) working on rhymes and beats while he waits to be discovered by Kanye.

Yeah, I'm right there with you.  This pisses me off to no end.  NO END.  This offends both my Marvel Geek side, my Bourdain loving side and my sense of common decency.

• Love 4
On 9/30/2018 at 11:16 PM, JasonH said:

In the Live Show, Darcy’s sister talks about getting citated for the fight with her sister. She also says “ya know” a lot. I mean, a lot.

That's pretty much the only thing she said, you know, you know, you know. It was SO PAINFUL to watch. I couldn't believe she couldn't make a coherent sentence no matter what. It's like she has lived on an abandoned island for 5 years only with Darcey. She is her identical twins so they have the same thoughts and all they have to do is look at each other and say "You know" and nod the head  to confirm "yes" since they can read each other minds. I have been pretty isolated for the past 8 years because of my fibromyalgia and depression and many times I don't speak to anyone but my husband the whole month plus I'm not native English speaker but even I can speak better.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Lemur said:

1.  You and I and the board in general aren't privy to their custody arrangement and don't know what they may or may not agree to in the future.

2.  You and I and the rest of the board do not know what sort of travel arrangements the father may or may not agree to in the future, if any.

3.  The UK, like most civilized countries, is part of several UN-backed pacts regarding non-custodial abduction and is actually quite helpful when it comes to returning a child to the custodial parent.  It's not like trying to get a child back from Iran.  

But why even take a chance?  Even if the UK is party to the Hague Convention regarding service of process for child abduction cases, why should the father have to spend thousands for an attorney to enforce the parenting plan?   Rachel is a flake; I wouldn't agree to let her take my child out of the country either.

Edited by Floatingbison
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

But why even take a chance?  Even if the UK is party to the Hague Convention regarding service of process for child abduction cases, why should the father have to spend thousands for an attorney to enforce the parenting plan?   Rachal is a flake; I wouldn't agree to let her take my child out of the country either.

Again, you're speculating that Rachel is going to become an international fugitive from the law.  How about you let her and the kids' fathers work it out before signing her up for a slot on INTERPOL's Most Wanted?  For all you know, she may have already come to an agreement about the older kid and have sole custody of the baby.  People manage to make these arrangement work all the time, between parents that travel for business or get reassigned or deployed overseas.  It's not unheard of for a parent to give their ex custody and then come and spend the summer in the States with the kid or have the kid come spend the summer with her.  It's not like Rachel is going completely underground and off the grid.  She *may* just be moving to the UK, a developed nation that's easily accessible by air, and will still have plenty of family in the US.

Edited by Lemur
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Floatingbison said:

Dean = incestuous sex tourist.

Exactly.  This show is all about Sex Tourism.  Keep in mind that Thailand, Brasil and Spain are the top 3 places for sex tourists.

If you are one of these losers who can’t get a person interested in you, imagine standing at a plaza surrounded by poor, uneducated, attention-hungry people and screaming, not only do I have dollars to spend for 2 weeks, but there’s also a chance that I might marry one of yous.

Who wouldn’t jump at that?

Edited by AmyBre
  • Love 7

Lemur.  Rachel DOESN'T have sole custody of the older child.  She shares custody.  The father objected to use of the child's name and face on the show, hence the blurred face.  They probably were able to get the short scene of the older daughter in under the wire before the father obtained a court order prohibiting the child from further appearance on the show.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Floatingbison said:

Lemur.  Rachel DOESN'T have sole custody of the older child.  She shares custody.  The father objected to use of the child's name and face on the show, hence the blurred face.  They probably were able to get the short scene of the older daughter in under the wire before the father obtained a court order prohibiting the child from further appearance on the show.

I didn't say she had sole custody of the older child.  Please feel free to go re-read exactly what I said.  

I think what folks are concerned about, regarding Rachel and Jon, is that there are SO many stories in the news about children who are abused and/or killed by their mother's boyfriends or some guy their mom was dating.  Jon being in another country and having a history of serious fighting, just scares people even more.  

7 hours ago, millennium said:

I lasted ten, maybe twelve minutes into the Live show.

Watching the 90 Days episodes is a dubious, sleazy pursuit.   Snarking and offering armchair psychological profiles of the various characters usually permits me to rationalize the fact that I'm wallowing in pure mind rot and helping to advance rapid cultural decline.   I fool myself that I'm just an observer.  Like an anthropologist.   Or something.  Plus I get to see what it's like in other countries.    Yeah, that's why I watch.   The scenery. 

But the Live show afforded me no such cover.   From the cheesy talk show set decorated with yard-sale castoffs to the line-up of Z-list nobodies brought there for no reason but to talk shit about people they claim to love, I was uneasy from the start.   Like somebody might walk in and catch me watching it.   The premise alone, that real people would want to get together to talk about the moronic characters of this show, and worse, that millions would tune in to listen to what they had to say about the moronic characters of this show, makes me feel ill.

I switched off mid-Stacey, vaguely ashamed and asking myself "How did I get here?"

Not everything on TV needs to be Masterpiece Theater but you do make some good points.  It does make a person wonder how far reality TV will actually go to get ratings.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Splithair said:

Bottom line is most of the foreign spouses have seemed to end up with Americans who are either much older and/or much less attractive than themselves.  It's kind of like a famous musician or actor that would never land the supermodel on looks alone; is the other person with them because of that only or did the other person only give them a chance because they were rich or famous...and then maybe fell in love...

From the previews to the upcoming 90 Days season, TLC is tweaking the format yet again by featuring younger Americans with hotter foreigners.  This show has devolved from a fairly honest one about Americans looking for spouses abroad to hot date show.

1 hour ago, Mr. Minor said:

I recently watched the Parts Unknown on Manila with the real Anthony Bourdain. The Filipinos living abroad send money and goods back totaling 30 billion dollars annually and it's 1/3 of the Philippines GNP.

Being from the Bay Area, which has lots and lots of Filipinos, only a tiny percentage fall into the Hazel category.  The majority came here in the 60s-80s, bought homes, started businesses, sent their kids to college, and began sending money back home.  Daly City, South City, large Filipino communities.  There was a running joke years ago that you could say the name of a large shopping mall out here that is a mecca for Filipinos, and any random person on the streets of Manila would know the mall you were talking about.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Again, you're speculating that Rachel is going to become an international fugitive from the law.  How about you let her and the kids' fathers work it out before signing her up for a slot on INTERPOL's Most Wanted?  For all you know, she may have already come to an agreement about the older kid and have sole custody of the baby.  People manage to make these arrangement work all the time, between parents that travel for business or get reassigned or deployed overseas.  It's not unheard of for a parent to give their ex custody and then come and spend the summer in the States with the kid or have the kid come spend the summer with her.  It's not like Rachel is going completely underground and off the grid.  She *may* just be moving to the UK, a developed nation that's easily accessible by air, and will still have plenty of family in the US.

People make these things work all the time.  But hopefully most of the time, they aren't marrying someone they've spent so little time with.  Someone who can't enter our country because the soon to be stepfather of her child has too many violent offenses.

So really, the person who you are challenging has every right to make judgments on her without knowing ANYTHING about their custodial agreement.  The fact that Rachel seems to care so little about her fiance's violent past because she thinks she's in love with someone she's spent hardly any time with and impact on her children is concerning.  That's flakey behavior no matter how sweet she seems to be.

10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think what folks are concerned about, regarding Rachel and Jon, is that there are SO many stories in the news about children who are abused and/or killed by their mother's boyfriends or some guy their mom was dating.  Jon being in another country and having a history of serious fighting, just scares people even more.  

BINGO, Neurochick.  That's exactly right.

• Love 14

I imagine Rachel's ex-husband is getting to the end of his tether about now.  First, they had whatever issues they experienced in their divorce, then by her own admission, she hooks up with some random dude for a one nighter (assuming arguendo that the Hobbit isn't Lucy's father),  and has Lucy in Disguise with Diapers, and now she's on trainwreck reality TV with the Horrible Hobbit.   Given Jon's criminal record, I imagine the father of the oldest child will petition for full custody with supervised visitation for Rachel if the Hobbit has physical contact with the oldest child.

Edited by Floatingbison
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

I imagine Rachel's ex-husband is getting to the end of his tether about now.  First, they had whatever issues they experienced in their divorce, then she hooks up for a one nighter, by her own admission, and has the second baby, and now she's on trainwreck reality TV with the Horrible Hobbit.   Given Jon's criminal record, I imagine the father of the oldest child will petition for full custody with supervised visitation for Rachal if the Hobbit has physical contact with the oldest child.

And I can see Rachel not fighting it as she's be free to just move in with Trashtastic Wolverine.  IMO, she's far more likely to just walk away from her kid than to embark on an epic international child custody and abduction battle.

• Love 12

Life with Frodo will be the worst thing that ever happened to her.

And there's absolutely nothing preventing Lucy's babydaddy, assuming again it's not Frodo, from coming out of the woodwork and demanding full custody because of the Hobbit's violent past.   And unless the father is just a complete wackadoodle, he'll get custody.

Edited by Floatingbison
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

Yes it was Chris.  He no doubt hooks up with a different Thai girl every week there.

I sense a crossover show.  Has he hooked up with David Poor and HIS Chris to get in on the action over there? 

On second thought, I don't want to watch or read anything involving that kind of mess.  Nevermind.  

• Love 7
15 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I think Ximena is in on all of this and is strictly in it for the presents and dinners.  Now she has (what is purported to be) a diamond.  She can run off, laugh at how she made Tricky Dicky Ricky jump through hoops ("he jumped in the water and he can't swim!  I cried until he was on his knees begging for forgiveness!") and enjoy her new loot.  She seems way too clever to truly want to marry this jackass... but she got a lot of nice parting gifts and it would be easy enough to block him and never have to look at his blocky little body again.

Hahahaha, she'll ghost Icky Ricky as soon as his plane takes off. Change her phone number and block him from her FB, Instagram and Twitter. She'll be off on her next adventure with some clueless American guy with money to spend before you can say sloppy seconds. Meanwhile, she's got all the swag Ricky bought her, an almost new diamond ring, and a nice vacation. Firmly Team Ximena here. Ricky has it coming, in spades.

15 hours ago, sasha206 said:

And am I crazy to think that Angela, in her youth, may have been a pretty lady?  If someone gave her a makeover and more flattering clothes, I think she could look pretty.

If Clinton and Stacy got hold of her she'd look like a million dollars. More natural hair, some decent makeup and clothes that fit and flatter would go a long way!

13 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

The ring looked cheap and run-of-the-mill.

Probably got it at a pawn shop.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hahahaha, she'll ghost Icky Ricky as soon as his plane takes off. Change her phone number and block him from her FB, Instagram and Twitter. She'll be off on her next adventure with some clueless American guy with money to spend before you can say sloppy seconds. Meanwhile, she's got all the swag Ricky bought her, an almost new diamond ring, and a nice vacation. Firmly Team Ximena here. Ricky has it coming, in spades.

If Clinton and Stacy got hold of her she'd look like a million dollars. More natural hair, some decent makeup and clothes that fit and flatter would go a long way!

Ximena is out of there, I guarantee it. 

I could just imagine Angela on WNTW. There is something to work with there and Stacy and Clinton could do it. 

• Love 4

When they showed Jesse talking to his mom in the flashback, didn't it look like she had long white dreddy clip in extensions?   They all seemed very white and organized and the same size...versus the actual hair around her face was disheveled, multicolored and matted.  Plus her makeup looked like she got caught in the rain after clown school.   I'm not sure I could take anything that she said seriously viewing that whole package.

Is the action word to citated "citaterated" or does that sound too much like something strange that is done in a bar in Thailand with a potato?

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I was going to choose Ricky because I need some new/nice photos taken.  Then I remembered he added he was a "professional video-ographer," and thought better of it.   I went in search of a choreo-ographer instead because I love to dance.

I have totally swiped right in my dating life for photographers simply because I need new photos taken LOL.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Ximena is out of there, I guarantee it. 

While that would make sense, nothing ever makes sense on this show. All of the couples I root for to walk away, break up, etc. never do. 

Ximena was so clearly pissed at Ricky's deception and it would be hard to fake that anger. She was seething and appeared to be hurt, and you could see it in her eyes. If she is faking for the show and/or gifts, then she is a good actress. In that case she should be an actress and pass on all this nonsense.  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, MrFluffy said:

No, they were already named Samsa...but I don't know which would be worse!

I can't fault them, then.  If your last name is Samsa, what else would you name your kid?

On topic:  So Torgo's daughter's name is Aurielle?

21 hours ago, snarky snarkerson said:

There is one thing that I'm surprised hasn't been commented on yet RE P & K, especially given the speculation with the pregnancy timeline.

So last night when I was watching, hubs happened to also be casually listening. When it got to the scene where the Dr took them from the ultrasound room to the consult room, and the producer said "I'm going to help let you know what's going on" to Paul, there was a little bit of shiftyness going on. When the Dr said the baby "looks to be 9 weeks and we think it stopped growing at 8 weeks" the producer translated it as "they think the baby died a week ago"...Hubs and I looked at each other and both said at the same time "THATS NOT WHAT HE SAID". Now, it's not that the translation was totally inaccurate, but seemed worded in a specific way. 

Food for thought.

Interesting point.

I can't remember how that scene begins; how does Paul arrive at the hospital? Could the footage shown last week of him running up the hospital steps actually have come from this segment, I wonder? Bc it would definitely make more sense for him to have been running this week for the miscarriage scene than last week for the routine ultrasound scene.

18 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Tarik mentioned that he has been in custody battles for years with his ex. Correct me if I'm wrong, maybe what people do in their bedrooms is their business, but if the public knows he engages in orgies, could that affect his custody ?

Is that true? I don't recall that being the case at all. I thought in the first episode he said Auri lives with him and that's all. But I could be wrong.

16 hours ago, Mothra said:

This was actually written by @Millenium, and I agree whole-heartedly.  What in the HELL is wrong with Rachel?  She whines and wipes her eyes and looks woebegone, and just when you think how could she be more of a downer, she gets all bent out of shape because Jon is on friendly terms with his ex-girlfriend.  Her jealousy is *so* unattractive and off-putting, and I wouldn't blame Jon for breaking up with her over it.  I thought she over-reacted to the news that he'd dated married women *in the past* but I understood how she could feel that way.  But this?  This is insanity.  Shame on her.  I think I understand now why she had to go overseas to find love.  And to be upset that Jon invited an ex to this dinner *so it wouldn't be all lads* was crazy, too.  They aren't married yet, and she's telling him that he can't use word "love" with anyone but her.  And it's never a good idea to snoop in anybody else's private correspondence.  You deserve to get what you find there.

Run, Jon, run, on your hairy little Hobbit feet!

But come on! Surely these lads have wives and girlfriends they could bring. And Jon has a mother, sister and prbly cousins or platonic friends. Inviting an ex just to even the room seems so silly. Of course Jon can use the word "love" in reference to others but I don't understand the context of how the whole conversation w/ the ex (from 18 yrs ago??) happened? If I had a month to plan a wedding and needed to apply for a green card asap and prepare for another visit w/ Rachel, talking to an ex from 18 yrs ago would be the last thing on my list. I suppose maybe the ex just randomly messaged him on FB to send her best wishes and Jon took a quick little jaunt down memory lane. But this man just reeks of ~DRAMA~ to me.

12 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don’t believe for a minute that Hazel will be homeless when Tarik goes back to the US. Aren’t her parents still in Manila? What about the cousin she was living with? Or the mysterious “ex” who is holding her clothes and things hostage? I think she just said “homeless” to garner sympathy. 

And yet, she is the most sympathized with participant on the show (based on comments here)..... so manipulative! She wouldn't take Tarik up on his offer to pay her for her clothes and bed and simply cut ties w/ the exbf. She just had to mention the RICH Japanese guy. She would barely look at tarik until he assured her that he had not smashed his exgf in Thailand or wherever his layover was. She tried to force tarik to introduce her to his kid and baby mama on her terms. And in all the time Tarik was there, never did she once mention her son or suggest they go spend time w/ him or buy something for him. Bitch, please!

2 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

When they showed Jesse talking to his mom in the flashback, didn't it look like she had long white dreddy clip in extensions?   They all seemed very white and organized and the same size...versus the actual hair around her face was disheveled, multicolored and matted.  Plus her makeup looked like she got caught in the rain after clown school.   I'm not sure I could take anything that she said seriously viewing that whole package.

Is the action word to citated "citaterated" or does that sound too much like something strange that is done in a bar in Thailand with a potato?

I can't wait to see what she looks like now! haha

2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Ximena was so clearly pissed at Ricky's deception and it would be hard to fake that anger. She was seething and appeared to be hurt, and you could see it in her eyes. If she is faking for the show and/or gifts, then she is a good actress. In that case she should be an actress and pass on all this nonsense.  

I tend to agree w/ this. She seemed genuinely hurt and humiliated. But that might make her want to abruptly ghost him. 

Edited by eatsleep
I first said "seeks of drama." haha
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

While that would make sense, nothing ever makes sense on this show. All of the couples I root for to walk away, break up, etc. never do. 

If it is true that she is in Florida, she could get work on TV. They film several telenovelas there, she would be really good in one. 

• Love 3

To everyone criticizing the doctor for his abrupt bedside manner, consider that he wasn't thrilled about a patient bringing a TV crew into the exam room and just wanted the experience to be over.

• Love 6
On 9/30/2018 at 9:22 PM, Frozendiva said:

Wonder if Hazel is growing her hair to sell it at some point.

But I find her hair to be ugly.  It's a bad color, doesn't look to be in good shape, and I think the bottom two feet would be thrown away immediately. 

On 10/1/2018 at 2:20 AM, Cherpumple said:

Tarik and Hazel continue to baffle me. I still have no idea if "marrying a Japanese man" was about a specific man, or just a general idea.

I think it was presented in the preview in a way to make viewers think it was a specific man her sister had lined up, but the actual conversation made it sound more like her sister in Japan says there are rich men available.

On 10/1/2018 at 8:15 AM, sconstant said:

Also as the resident person who isn't a fluent Spanish speaker but still can't deal with Ricky's sophomoric "just add an ending to the English word" - he simultaneously translates "lunch" to her as "lunche" after he said "lunch".  That ain't the word, and if it were, she would have understood you when you said lunch.  ¡Ay, Dios mío!

I don't remember this, but I'm always amused at the Mexican food trucks that advertise "lonches." 

23 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Martas catatonic style of talking makes me think that she is on drugs. Also, I know that she says she became a stripper 5 years ago to support her children, but her speech and mannerisms dont reflect an intelligent and/or sophisticated woman who is trying to quit the pole.

Did she say she's trying to quit the pole?  She's a third-generation stripper.

21 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Jesse was a dick for calling her out her arrest and her alleged alcohol addiction. How caring and kind of him to call out an issue she likely didn’t want aired out on camera. Based on what Stacey said on the special last night, she said she’s still very close with her sister. I have no doubt it was knock down fight, but that’s their business to work out.

Frankly, I don't think there's anything Darcey wouldn't want aired on camera, certainly judging by everything we've seen aired of her and Jesse.

45 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree that it would go a long way, but nowhere near a million dollars.  I think the most she could hope for is presentable, which is still a massive improvement.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lemur said:

And I can see Rachel not fighting it as she's be free to just move in with Trashtastic Wolverine.  IMO, she's far more likely to just walk away from her kid than to embark on an epic international child custody and abduction battle.

I totally agree with this.  I'm just amazed that someone has convinced themselves they are in love with someone who can't enter the country currently.  It doesn't sound like marriage is going to be the sure thing to get him over here either.  

And if he's in contact with ex-GFs, that doesn't bode well either.  I really don't believe he's trying to make amends with ex-GF for past behavior.    Past is past.  He's marrying someone else now.  When men start looking up past GFs and telling them they loved them at one point, it's usually not a good sign.  He may be looking to see if there is still a "spark."   I don't recall if that's the same ex he's bringing to his wedding party, but it's odd that he suddenly is in contact with ex's.  Something tells me his relationships with married women were adulterous and not ones in which the marriage was open.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

A Clinton and Stacy make over would be deceiving as she would  still be Angela not PTA soccer grandma. 

• Love 1

I am for sure going to hell..... I'm sorry Karine had a miscarriage but Paul either has a really ugly sad face or he's a terrible actor because he didn't even know what was going on and didn't even know she suffered a miscarriage until AFTER they were out of the exam room. 

And Hazel did say Tarik was her only option and she hoped he proposed. She said that their very first episode. 

6 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But I find her hair to be ugly.  It's a bad color, doesn't look to be in good shape, and I think the bottom two feet would be thrown away immediately.

I agree.  Looks to me like she tried to lighten it without actually processing it.  Just bought a box of something for blondes and ended up with orange-brown.  I was surprised to see how long it actually it because the hair coming out of the top if her head is so thinning and fragile.  But she's the Asian Angelina Jolie, so what the hell do I know. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

From the previews to the upcoming 90 Days season, TLC is tweaking the format yet again by featuring younger Americans with hotter foreigners.  This show has devolved from a fairly honest one about Americans looking for spouses abroad to hot date show.

What about the poor Danieles & Angela's of the world ? 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Dobian said:

TLC also did this in My Giant Life where the women always sat on these tiny chairs/stools that looked like they were in danger of breaking underneath them.  Someone on TLC must get off on making women look huge and awkward.

If I were these people, I would insist on normal sized chairs. They must get terribly uncomfortable. It looks like the latest host sat in the same position the entire time. That would make me miserable.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I agree.  Looks to me like she tried to lighten it without actually processing it.  Just bought a box of something for blondes and ended up with orange-brown.  I was surprised to see how long it actually it because the hair coming out of the top if her head is so thinning and fragile.  But she's the Asian Angelina Jolie, so what the hell do I know. 

I wondered if it was malnutrition, especially since it's so thin.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Floatingbison said:

I imagine Rachel's ex-husband is getting to the end of his tether about now.  First, they had whatever issues they experienced in their divorce, then by her own admission, she hooks up with some random dude for a one nighter (assuming arguendo that the Hobbit isn't Lucy's father),  and has Lucy in Disguise with Diapers, and now she's on trainwreck reality TV with the Horrible Hobbit.   Given Jon's criminal record, I imagine the father of the oldest child will petition for full custody with supervised visitation for Rachel if the Hobbit has physical contact with the oldest child.

Except none of that warrants a judge to take away her custody rights or change it to supervised visitation. That's a HUGE stretch. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I am for sure going to hell..... I'm sorry Karine had a miscarriage but Paul either has a really ugly sad face or he's a terrible actor because he didn't even know what was going on and didn't even know she suffered a miscarriage until AFTER they were out of the exam room. 

Wasn't that b/c no one was translating for him?  He may have known there was a problem, but not know the extent of the problem.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I totally agree with this.  I'm just amazed that someone has convinced themselves they are in love with someone who can't enter the country currently.  It doesn't sound like marriage is going to be the sure thing to get him over here either.  

I don't think Rachel cares.  She's with Jon because she's attracted to him, pure and simple.  It's hard being in a relationship with a person you're not attracted to, even if the person is more suitable than someone like Jon.  What therapy helps with is finding out who and what attracts you and why.  Still, even with all that self knowledge, it's hard to be in a relationship with someone who makes you feel like, "yuk."

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think Rachel cares.  She's with Jon because she's attracted to him, pure and simple.  It's hard being in a relationship with a person you're not attracted to, even if the person is more suitable than someone like Jon.  What therapy helps with is finding out who and what attracts you and why.  Still, even with all that self knowledge, it's hard to be in a relationship with someone who makes you feel like, "yuk."

I agree with that too.  She's physically attracted to him and that's all that matters.  And that's the difference between infatuation and love.  Lusting after someone long distance and then spending just a few weeks with them and agree to marry = infatuation.  

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I wonder how many eye infections or stye's or Pink Eye Rachel has contracted over the years of her sticky germ infested fingers in to her eyes, why the heck does she look at it ? 

Drives me krazy how she constantly fingers her eyeballs. Blechhhh! Gross, gross, gross.

Sad that Jon got the wooly beard under control and now his hair has decided to run amok.

Tarik's love rap to Hazel was so painfully cringe worthy. I was reminded of Freaks and Geeks, Nick singing "Lady" by Styx to Lindsey. Why are these moments so embarrassing to watch?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, gavinmac said:

To everyone criticizing the doctor for his abrupt bedside manner, consider that he wasn't thrilled about a patient bringing a TV crew into the exam room and just wanted the experience to be over.

I thought the abrupt guy was the ultrasound tech, not a physician, and the woman who spoke to Karine before and after the test was an ER doctor. He was giving the results to the physician who appeared to be standing in the doorway, and not directly to Karine's family. I agree he probably wasn't comfortable with being on camera, and his brusque "get up" from the table might have meant it was time for everyone to clear out and let him get on with his job. 

1 hour ago, eatsleep said:

I can't remember how that scene begins; how does Paul arrive at the hospital? Could the footage shown last week of him running up the hospital steps actually have come from this segment, I wonder? Bc it would definitely make more sense for him to have been running this week for the miscarriage scene than last week for the routine ultrasound scene.

IIRC, last week Paul was seen running up the steps of the clinic because he had gotten a text from Karine that she was there with her mother because "something was wrong." It wasn't clear whether it was Karine or her mother that was having an issue, but that's when Paul was hit with the news that Karine was pregnant. There was no ultrasound that day, just a blood test that confirmed by phone that she was "4 to 5 weeks" along. Then in the coming attractions for this week we were teased with Paul saying, "I never expected this to happen." We don't know how much time had elapsed since then but this week I believe Karine and Paul were shown taking a bus to the ER because she had been feeling so sick. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, millennium said:

I lasted ten, maybe twelve minutes into the Live show.

Watching the 90 Days episodes is a dubious, sleazy pursuit.   Snarking and offering armchair psychological profiles of the various characters usually permits me to rationalize the fact that I'm wallowing in pure mind rot and helping to advance rapid cultural decline.   I fool myself that I'm just an observer.  Like an anthropologist.   Or something.  Plus I get to see what it's like in other countries.    Yeah, that's why I watch.   The scenery. 

But the Live show afforded me no such cover.   From the cheesy talk show set decorated with yard-sale castoffs to the line-up of Z-list nobodies brought there for no reason but to talk shit about people they claim to love, I was uneasy from the start.   Like somebody might walk in and catch me watching it.   The premise alone, that real people would want to get together to talk about the moronic characters of this show, and worse, that millions would tune in to listen to what they had to say about the moronic characters of this show, makes me feel ill.

I switched off mid-Stacey, vaguely ashamed and asking myself "How did I get here?

I ask myself the same thing...? I mean it’s pretty bad the people they chose for this show are pretty much begging to ragged on, like you said there own loved ones don’t have there backs... ashamed ? Embarrassed? I think all of that and more?