Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Eric said:

I don't understand why some people are so offended by Jon's fighting past. He probably fought with some other jocks or some drunk guys in bars. He was a young, alcohol loving, man playing sports for godsake. I grew up in Canada, playing hockey and drinking in bars. I fought with guys on a weekly basis as well. That's what young men do. It's just high testosterone. Fight and screw lots of girls. Very normal to me.

I hear what you are saying about the pitfalls of youth, but the amount of fighting and the result of it (convictions) was excessive enough to ban him from travel to U.S.  Being the mom of young daughters, she should be treading lightly with someone who has a violent past.  And do we even know how recent his last fight was?  Being "alcohol loving" and also having a penchant for violence at any age is a big red flag.

• Love 11

Scary to think that Smoking Angry Angela is a CNA working in hospice.  

I overheard a nurse in a hospital chewing out a CNA once for reeking of cigarette smoke. Those hospice patients definitely do not deserve the 3rd hand exposure that I am sure is constantly wafting off of her. 

I worked in a hospital years ago and was amazed how many staff smoked, including a majority of the respiratory therapists. There was a smoking area outside and that is where the best gossip was shared. Now I think most hospitals are smoke-free campuses so I'm not sure where staff who smoke go to do so...

• Love 1

Pole married into a relatively poor family. Not at all surprised Karine’s relatives are taking advantage of that fact and cleaning out the pantry. She’s certainly no got to stop them from raiding the house of 1000 emoji pillows. Is it rude? Possibly. Definitely by US standards. But he’s not in the US. 

As someone else mentioned, he doesn’t have the means for this endeavor. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Those of us who HATE smoking simply can't bear to be around the smoke/stench.  It's rarely about caring about the smoker.  

Lol. I guess I should speak for myself then. I hate cigarette smoke, but I also like to encourage those around me to not smoke because of the health complications that come with it. I’ve seen what it looks like to die from smoking complications and it ain’t pretty. 

• Love 5

I agree. He kind of reminds me of a not really good looking Paul Bunyan. The thing that bothers me is she brings the baby with her because she needs a baby daddy for Lucy. But the whole time she is there, all she does is cries about him and her not being together. She never once called her other daughter or cried about missing her. I think they are both very selfish and stupid.

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

I'm not sure I'd say that he's nicer.  I think he just has a better way of controlling his anger.

I think he has a nicer manner and personality.  Perhaps he's very slow to anger.  He's not a loudmouth blowhard like Smoke-Stench Angela who takes up all the air in any room.  He can have a polite, cooperative, and quiet personality and still be willing to do ANYTHING to get to the States.  I'm sure we'd all be shocked at meeting/dealing with Angela in the flesh (that's exposed everywhere).  He had a lot of gumption to continue with her.

• Love 11
Just now, BooBoo6456 said:

I agree. He kind of reminds me of a not really shitty looking Paul Bunyan. The thing that bothers me is she brings the baby with her because she needs a baby daddy for Lucy. But the whole time she is there, all she does is cries about him and her not being together. She never once called her other daughter or cried about missing her. I think they are both very selfish and stupid.

1 minute ago, BooBoo6456 said:

I agree. He kind of reminds me of a not really good looking Paul Bunyan. The thing that bothers me is she brings the baby with her because she needs a baby daddy for Lucy. But the whole time she is there, all she does is cries about him and her not being together. She never once called her other daughter or cried about missing her. I think they are both very selfish and stupid.

1 minute ago, BooBoo6456 said:

Sorry, I meant crappy looking. New to this.

2 hours ago, renatae said:

Closed captioning read: "You better get out of my Georgia-ass face." Okaaaaay.

Finally Georgia has surpassed Ohio. We may have Danyell, Tricky Ricky and the perve from Springfield but you Georgia have “Georgia ass face”.

Edited by Owwwww ma leg
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

I'm scratching my head over here.  If I was in a long distance relationship with established boundaries, It'd be over if they were violated; BUT, if exclusivity wasn't the case, I'd MUCH rather my boyfriend hook up than accept oral as payment for a ride.  One is normal behavior, the other is prostitution (of the exploit the downtrodden type).

Also, Jon, when you're dating two married women who are in open relationships too, that's usually called the Lifestyle in the US.  If monogamy is not appealing to you, be straight with Rachel; stay single or find a lady in the LS   If it's just a matter of being young and finding it where you can, but monogamy is your preference, carry on.  

I think they read way too deep into it. It's called casual dating and it's what you do when you aren't ready for commitments yet. Why in the world was Angela so angry about Michael "cheating" on her when they were just internet chat buddies.

On a side note, I was kind of disturbed that Michael had apparantly given a car ride to a girl from his neighborhood who had no money so he had her perform a sexual favor for him. Was anybody else completely icked out by this ? Talk about predatory behavior. Guess we know that Michael doesnt give car rides for free. 

• Love 18
9 hours ago, millennium said:

Not entirely.  Miss X took me by surprise when she looked him in the eye and said, "You've got balls."   It was the most refreshing and least calculated response I have ever seen on this show.   She disappointed me only by not throwing the glass of wine in his face.

I was taken aback by the filth and squalor of Pole's new digs.  I don't recall seeing it so starkly portrayed before.   Clearly the honeymoon is over.   He's married to a petulant brat and stranded in a stinking, garbage-filled corner of some third world country.    That's what he gets for turning his back on his dog of ten years.   Even so, I don't blame him for being pissed off about Karine's freeloading brother.   Pole has a finite amount of money left and he's watching it dwindle, with no apparent means of getting more.   His apartment is a shithole filled to the ceiling with frivolous bricbrac, meanwhile he's stressing over money for food.   Family Karine is going to suck Pole dry and toss him on the nearest garbage heap once his bank account is tapped out.   

Angela's lucky she had a film crew with her.  I'm not sure she would have made it to dawn under other circumstances.

I loved John's response to Rachel's childishness: "I can't take 30 years of history and put it in nice little box for you to like."   Although, I couldn't help thinking, "once a cheater, always a cheater."   I started to become very annoyed by Rachel's tic-like wiping away of every tear with her thumbs and fingers.  Doesn't she have a tissue or something?    John's friend Matt seemed unusually sane for this show.

I was glad Ximena took him down a peg or three. He had it coming in spades. As a poster mentioned above, he's still not even divorced from his first wife. Dumbass, you don't get points for "honesty" for doing what you should've done from the get go. She was your second choice. Period.

6 hours ago, jennyf said:

I have lived in states bordering Connnecticut for my entire life and I had no idea it was a thing to call it “C.T.”

From Mass here and I ain't never heard Connecticut referred to as C.T. Its just always...Connecticut or Connettakit as I pronounce it.

1 hour ago, Phoebe70 said:

Jesse and his love of "free refills."

When Jesse and Darcy call each other "Babe" I can't help but think of The Office episode called "Dinner Party" in which Michael Scott and Jan say "Babe" in every sentence to each other.  Barf.

He doesn't love that DARCY is here, he loves the free refills! Bwahahahaha. And excellent reference. Those babe's from The Office were said with much hostility and quite apropos for Jesse and Darcy.

I haven't heard the term BJ used this much since I was a kid at the local pool eons ago in the locker room learning from an older girl what a BJ was. I knew the second that he copped to it he was taking the easy way out. Michael, get back online, find somebody else.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Paul did imply that it wasn’t just the brother who came over. I assume his or Karine’s friends came as well and participated in the feast.

I'm also Team Paul on this.  It sounds like the eating went beyond normal hospitality and these people just totally cleaned out everything they had.  Likely brought it back to their own places.  

Karine is a self-centered child who seems to think she can cutesy her way into getting anything she wants and is surprised Paul might be mad at their pantry being totally cleaned out.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Lady Iris said:

I was glad Ximena took him down a peg or three. He had it coming in spades. As a poster mentioned above, he's still not even divorced from his first wife. Dumbass, you don't get points for "honesty" for doing what you should've done from the get go. She was your second choice. Period.

From Mass here and I ain't never heard Connecticut referred to as C.T. Its just always...Connecticut or Connettakit as I pronounce it.

He doesn't love that DARCY is here, he loves the free refills! Bwahahahaha. And excellent reference. Those babe's from The Office were said with much hostility and quite apropos for Jesse and Darcy.

I haven't heard the term BJ used this much since I was a kid at the local pool eons ago in the locker room learning from an older girl what a BJ was. I knew the second that he copped to it he was taking the easy way out. Michael, get back online, find somebody else.

Bee gee lmao Michael said

• Love 1
Just now, calpurnia99 said:

I know I dont understand the Mahkul been cheeyin on me, when they were just internet chat buddies. And why don't  he have my pitcher on his phone? He just not that into you.

He needs to get a phone that's always in Landscape mode.

Michael-Angela-Bed-Hoochie-Nigeria-90-Da

• Love 15
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Paul & Karine:  This idiot is just *now* dumping him?  And I think Paul is just now realizing he's just the wallet for not only Karine but also her family.  I guess next week's visit to the clinic will reveal the pregnancy?  Or is she getting an abortion?  It's really hard for me to feel sorry in the least for Karine.  

Karine might be showing her true colors but I still can't feel sorry for Paul.  You wanted this, you got it.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Deafening Roar said:

Yes it's a cultural thing. I was married to a latino and every time we went to his family's I told him they always force food and drink on me. Of course they didn't but that's what it felt like to me. They bring the drinks out to you right after you get there and then I would be sitting there holding an unopened drink the entire time because I wasn't thirsty.

On the other hand they probably thought I was a bitch because I didn't offer anything when they came to our house but we don't typically do that in the US.

You don't offer your guests coffee.and cookies or a drink and some mixed nuts? Nothing? That' would be considered rude where I've lived which is all of the East Coast from Florida to Maine.

I.hope that Michael gets away from that woman. She is.horrible. An ignorant liar with no.self control. I can see her violent behavior escalating from slapping his face to really.hurting him. 

Edited by spankydoll
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

She wanted her Georgia ass face to be his phone’s screensaver. She demanded it like some bullying 12 year old kid. And she wanted it done immediately like he was her freaking servant. I have never had a loved one’s, let alone some Facebook stranger’s photo saved as a screensaver. It’s either some Apple-issued stock photo, or a photo of a place I went on vacation. And who the hell cares? Who checks for stupid stuff like that? Surely a fiddy-too year old Georgia ass face has better things to be concerned about than screensavers.

My screen saver on my phone is of my cats Scarlett & Mr Norris (Scarlett passed in 2014 but the photo of them is so cute I keep it- Norris is still kicking at 18), I’ve never thought to put a photo of someone I was talking to ONLINE on my phone. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Says every contestant on Judge Judy.

After I thought about it, I realized I made a false confession once, for the same reasons as Michael. A friend came over one night when I was in high school, insisting we had made arrangements to go ice skating. I knew I'd never agreed to this, because there was no way my parents would let me do that on a school night. But she kept on and on for 15 or 20 minutes: "Don't you remember? You are so forgetful! We were at blah blah and I said blah blah and you said blah blah, and...etc.etc." I couldn't take it any more and finally "admitted" I remembered agreeing just to shut her up!

• Love 5

Conspiracy theory 1: I think the producers hyped up the marriage proposal possibility with Noxema big time so that she would have a more dramatic disappointed reaction when Ricky came out with the Melissa stuff out of the gate. (And I'll bet Ricky was coached to do it in that specific setting, too.) She was clearly dressed up and looking extra good, the table was all romantic with roses and candles, etc. And everything she said up until that point was essentially encouraging him to go ahead and propose. 

I mean, Ricky is a big tool and she's a dummy for being into him, but I still felt a little bad for her. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, jennyf said:

I have lived in states bordering Connnecticut for my entire life and I had no idea it was a thing to call it “C.T.”

It’s not, you are correct! It’s like when people insist on calling California ‘Cali’, or San Francisco ‘Frisco’, Because nothing broadcasts that you’re a tourist trying to pretend you’re not like using tourist lingo and thinking its local lingo. So yeah, CT is the same thing. But as someone else said, people on the East coast often refer to Pennsylvania as PA, which is correct. I current live in a place that goes by both the full location name and it’s initials. So it just depends on the place, but it’s bizarre that a grown woman liken Darcey (ducks stones) refers to her home state so bizarrely. Why am I surprised, it’s Darcey, she probably looked it up on some local Urban dictionary.

ETA: I too, thought Pole was wearing a bullet proof vest. 

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Granny58 said:

8 HOURS AGO, RENATAE SAID:

This woman is nuts. How on earth can a person who is Catholic and claims it is important to her think

things that people who are very serious about their Christian faith should not do:  1.  Have not 1 but 2 children out of wedlock.  2.  Be a stripper.  3.  Go to fortune tellers (I know that was her mom, but mom is Catholic too).

And wants to marry a non-Christian. She sounds ridiculous. Either you make an effort to hold to the tenets of the faith or just admit you've backslidden.

4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Actually, many Hispanic Catholics get their fortunes read. My mom took me to a Tarot card reader and she herself would read a coffee cup.

All Catholics of all ethnicities sin. But let's keep it real. Marta is doing way too much!

15 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Paul and Karine:

From what I know, in Latin, Central, and South American cultures, guests in your home are offered, and entitled to, your food. It is considered bad manners NOT to allow them anything they may want, even if that means they eat the last crumb you have. OTOH, they'd be expected to reciprocate when you are a guest in THEIR home. My ex is Puerto Rican, and I admit I had a hard time with this (especially when we first got together and had very little money). He had a nephew that knew exactly when we ate dinner, and he just "happened" to be in the neighborhood and stopped by every.single.night. - at dinner time! The way I was brought up, that was rude. The way my husband was raised, that was perfectly okay. I'd like to say I got over it, but it always bugged me. The best I could manage was to stop complaining about it.

OK, and while Americans may not always be as hospitable, there is concept in American culture that says a man is supposed to provide for all of his wife's needs, including food, so that she is never hungry, destitute, imposing on relatives, selling herself to foreigners or abandoning her children. Cultural exchange is a two way street. Karine's parents pawned their daughter off on an American for specific reasons, which they seem to have forgotten. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Oh @SNARKISH, will you marry me? LOL.

It's like you read my mind. 

I am most interested in how Karine will spin the pregnancy thing.  Paul seems like an easy mark for her to do a mind meld thing with him telling that sex on the wedding night (even though he probably condomed up), worked and the baby will be premature.

@Baltimore Betty: just think, we wouldn't even have to wait for a VISA! True love can be found within your home country, and on snarky chat forums. <3

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Phoebe70 said:

I'm not sure I'd say that he's nicer.  I think he just has a better way of controlling his anger.  I think he's a liar, a scam artist and a manipulator who will do anything to get into the US.

I gotta agree. I mean, even though he's composed and seems accomidating of Big Ang's cray cray, I think he's shifty as hell and his intentions are not good. Let's recap here: Hes a relatively young guy meeting women on the web and you choose THAT? Even when she got off the plane, he did not look entralled, it was kinda like swallowing medicine - you don't like the taste but you tolerate it because in the long run you believe it will do you good. Then when he "got the BJ", he told her one story, then on the beach he told her another to supposedly keep the peace. Which is the truth? He's shady. 

I can't help but wonder if he even likes trump and just made that up too to get in good with her. He will do/say anything to get his ticket the the US. ANYTHING. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Did anyone notice how Rachel was dressed going to the airport? Those cuffed dad jeans w/ ankle boots and a sweatshirt? What in the entire fuck? Why wouldn't she want his last impression of her to be jaw dropping?

She looks like she just got finished rounding up cattle on the ranch. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

My screen saver on my phone is of my cats Scarlett & Mr Norris (Scarlett passed in 2014 but the photo of them is so cute I keep it- Norris is still kicking at 18), I’ve never thought to put a photo of someone I was talking to ONLINE on my phone. 

Same I have my dog that passed on (my avatar photo) with my other old dog (15 yrs) on my phone. Not my Georgia Ass Face. HA HA HA HA HA Love it!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Did anyone notice how Rachel was dressed going to the airport? Those cuffed dad jeans w/ ankle boots and a sweatshirt? What in the entire fuck? Why wouldn't she want his last impression of her to be jaw dropping?

Yes and I was super confused because one minute they were cuffed and then the next minute, as they showed a few shots of her walking away from him with stroller, they weren't. ??   It is times like this that I call B.S. on a lot of this show.  I am guessing they had her do that 'walking away' scene multiple times or something.  And she rolled the hems back down for whatever reason.  I don't know.  It's like watching a low budget movie with bad continuity issues some nights. 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

On a side note, I was kind of disturbed that Michael had apparantly given a car ride to a girl from his neighborhood who had no money so he had her perform a sexual favor for him. Was anybody else completely icked out by this ? Talk about predatory behavior. Guess we know that Michael doesnt give car rides for free. 

Ass, gas, or grass, nobody rides for free.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Yes and I was super confused because one minute they were cuffed and then the next minute, as they showed a few shots of her walking away from him with stroller, they weren't. ??   It is times like this that I call B.S. on a lot of this show.  I am guessing they had her do that 'walking away' scene multiple times or something.  And she rolled the hems back down for whatever reason.  I don't know.  It's like watching a low budget movie with bad continuity issues some nights. 

Yep, I noticed that.

It was like some gross, puffy period stuff she threw on for a drug store run.

• Love 2

When I began watching this show, I was a little annoyed by the friends and relatives who tsk-tsked about their friend/relative going overseas to court a person met only online.  I understood the resentment of the fianceteers that their judgment would be questioned, that loved ones would assume that they had not investigated or at least gotten to know the objects of their affection.  As the seasons roll on, I find myself for the most part in total agreement with the friends who roll their eyes, with the family members who question the sanity of marrying someone you've never met in person.  I think that before we got to know the fianceteers (not crazy about the term, but we need a convenient short word to stand for "people who have fallen in love online and are going to the loved one's country to meet and perhaps propose") we assumed that they would behave like sensible people--like we would--and find out about their beloveds, get to know them, "fall in love" in a traditional sense, where becoming intimate with a person starts with emotional and psychological intimacy.  I expected the "lovers" to have talked about their families, their work, their religion, anything weird in their lives.  I expected them at least to have Wikipediaed the country they were going to, at least to have googled customs and foods and things to see there.  These guys have done *none* of that!

They send each other misleading hot pictures of themselves and talk about "being there" for each other.  Lots of heart emojis and probably some dick pics, too.  All this takes a couple of weeks, by which time they're all lathered up--the US men for sex with a hot foreigner, the US women for someone to marry them and be a father to their children, who are their number one priority.  The foreigners are almost all simply interested in getting to the US, if not to Harvest the American Dollar, at least to have a better life.  And if the price of the better life is having sex with someone who repulses you, depending on how miserable your life is now, it might be worth paying.

How in the hell could Angela, a big Trump fan, not know that Michael loved Trump, too?  How could Rachel not have asked Jon about his past dating life?  He's old enough to have been married, yet he's living at home with his mother--did she know that beforehand?  Why didn't Kreeny's desire for unicorn slippers set off alarm bells in Pole's head?  He's afraid of everything else; why wouldn't he be afraid that she wasn't quite adult?  And I don't care if he calls it a cooling vest, that thing's a thunder vest.

Why are they learning these really important things about each other when it's almost too late to back out?  Were all their jerky friends right?  I think maybe they were.

• Love 21
27 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Yes and I was super confused because one minute they were cuffed and then the next minute, as they showed a few shots of her walking away from him with stroller, they weren't. ??   It is times like this that I call B.S. on a lot of this show.  I am guessing they had her do that 'walking away' scene multiple times or something.  And she rolled the hems back down for whatever reason.  I don't know.  It's like watching a low budget movie with bad continuity issues some all nights. 

I think that's ^^ what you meant, right?!?

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Same thing with Pole last night.  When he was arguing with Kareeny inside he was wearing one shirt, then it shows him wandering the streets in a completely different shirt.

• Love 4

And while I'm thinking about it, why can't Tardis look anybody in the eye when he's talking to them?  I know someone posted a while back that it's bad form in some Asian countries to make eye contact, but this is ridiculous.  He asks her to promise she won't be in touch with her ex, but he himself won't look at her while he's exacting this promise.  How on earth is he able to make a living selling anything?  Is there anything more suspicious than a salesman who won't look you in the eye?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

I think Michael is/was so terrified of Angela that he was trying to come up with some story she would accept--not realizing NOTHING is acceptable to that harridan.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I worked in a hospital years ago and was amazed how many staff smoked, including a majority of the respiratory therapists. There was a smoking area outside and that is where the best gossip was shared. Now I think most hospitals are smoke-free campuses so I'm not sure where staff who smoke go to do so...

I too am surprised by this considering they definitely know the health implications. Must be the power of denial and addiction. Respiratory therapists? WTH how weird. I see local hospital staff parking on private property areas to smoke.  Usually when workplaces become smoke free campuses it becomes a problem for the nearby neighbors. 

I second the notion of not wanting to see people smoke out of caring, I have watched too many people die from this and I want to tell people your children do not want to watch you die that way. 

Sorry about the preachiness. This is a sore subject for me. 

Bringing it back to Michael, it's hard for me to tell how he really feels on this. Could be 1 of 3 things:  1. He actually does care 2. He dislikes smoking and doesn't want it around him or 3. He doesn't want to draw even more attention to himself being with Angela, because everything about Angela is an anomaly in his area, including the smoking. My money is on three.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Horrified said:

Did you see how her assets were laying on the bar while she was calling her daugher?

Yep.   Keepin' it classy no matter the venue. 

Did anyone happen to catch what Cold Shoulder Top #47 said?  The grey one she was wearing in the car on the way over to the romantic resort.  I'm keeping a running list of her shirt slogans.  Free life affirmations and spiritual advice from our gal Ang.  #keepontruckin. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I wonder if Kreeny's medical emergency is what we all think it is?

Pole was told that Kreeny is at the clinic with her mother.  So, maybe Mom's the patient.  If Graceline has to have her gall bladder removed or something like that, I'm doing the Will & Grace Told You So Dance.

• Love 2