Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I have decided that Darcey wants to view her relationship (? if you can call it that) with Jesse as a never-ending Nicholas Sparks movie.  Analyzing every move; calling each other passionate names ("babe, my twin flame!!"), and the worst, having protracted goodbyes in the airport where she repeatedly jumps into his waiting arms and straddles him while her car idles by the curb- which would never happen at most airports, by the way. I really was hoping that she'd come out to find it towed.

I agree with this - she has watched "The Notebook" once too often.  "That is what we do!!  We fight and we make up!"  (Not that I have seen it a few times, lol.  But I know it is a piece of FICTION.)  When Darcy was doing the arms crossing/I love you signage it reminded me of prisoners who "sign" that to their loved ones across the prison yard.  Kinda fitting as these two are prisoners of their own hell.  Mu hubby watched that scene with me and was like....no way are they gonna stay together.  She is way too needy and he is just too weird.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

o me, it looked like a cheesy rom-com farewell.

Thank you - this was just the twig I needed to figure out where I had seen it before:  This was no accident folks, D & J were acting out a scene from Love Actually!  For an encore, will they do the rainy kiss from The Notebook?

• Love 1

You guys, my issues with Rachel just grow bigger every week. Maybe I'm a horrible, suspicious person, but there is something SO OFF about those two. Jon is supposedly this huge horndog who just couldn't keep it in his pants, multiple fuckbuddies, etc...yet I don't see an ounce of chemistry between him and Rachel. Yeah they say the words, but she just frumps around  and yaks about her fairy tale and he holds on to Lucy constantly.  There's NOTHING in his background that would indicate "family man" to me.

His friends are concerned, his family is concerned...for RACHEL. They know something and it isn't good. I'm just climbing the walls with anxiety about that adorable baby. Seriously, what kind of a mother lets a strange man hold, bathe and change their baby girl?? A convicted criminal, no less.  WHY is he so into her (Lucy)?  Rachel is so dim and stupid that I don't trust her to protect that baby.

Yet, they have all these "fans" on social media. Sigh.

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

That doesn't obligate him to feed every person in Brazil. They were guests in his and Karenne's home. 

I'm saying he is the guest in their country. So obviously, he is not required to feed them if he is their guest.

25 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

You guys, my issues with Rachel just grow bigger every week. Maybe I'm a horrible, suspicious person, but there is something SO OFF about those two. Jon is supposedly this huge horndog who just couldn't keep it in his pants, multiple fuckbuddies, etc...yet I don't see an ounce of chemistry between him and Rachel. Yeah they say the words, but she just frumps around  and yaks about her fairy tale and he holds on to Lucy constantly.  There's NOTHING in his background that would indicate "family man" to me.

His friends are concerned, his family is concerned...for RACHEL. They know something and it isn't good. I'm just climbing the walls with anxiety about that adorable baby. Seriously, what kind of a mother lets a strange man hold, bathe and change their baby girl?? A convicted criminal, no less.  WHY is he so into her (Lucy)?  Rachel is so dim and stupid that I don't trust her to protect that baby.

What is the old adage? Never does a man's desire to settle down become so strong as when that erectile dysfunction sets in. LOL

I think you're right. I think he had some kind of mental break, experienced a major loss (and had to move back in w/ Mum), had a bad health scare, found Jesus, something. And Rachel was the one who was there when it went down. What was the duet they were singing? Was it about a broken heart or similar? They feel more each other's care taker or emotional support than two crazy-in-love 30somethings embarking on an exciting new chapter together. She looked sad and deeply worried the entire trip. And he just looked confused.

I can't believe there were no scenes in a bar of them doing a karaoke duet face-to-face. That would have been cool. 

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

and he holds on to Lucy constantly.  

YES! Reminds me of Azan and Nicole

23 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Okay you guys, don't throw any Louboutins at me, but I miss Nicole and Azan, Boom Boom Ass and Annie, and Pinkie and Pedro.

Sorry.

I miss them too, it’s my culture babee 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

I hope they do the scene from The Notebook where

Reveal hidden contents

one of them forgets who the other is. 

We can only dream of that scene from the Notebook.

Per the Jon/Rachel/Lucy:   Yes she bugs me more and more each week:  "It's not fair we are kept apart!!"  Well go find a dude in New Mexico, Arizona, Texas or Southern California if this bemoans you so much.  

22 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Social media is famous for ass kissing.  Look at Nicole!  I do not see what anyone sees in Jon either but then again Rachel is kinda dowdy for such a young woman.  I am 53, was totally into my kids when they were babies/toddlers/little kids, now they are college age - I am in no rush for grandkids.  Like a week from never sounds good right now.  But damn!!!  THAT LUCY!  Please may I have her???  She is beyond cute.

I do think that Rachel would leave her daughter here in the US with her Dad if she could and not be judged too harshly.  For a criminal overseas......yeah, no.

• Love 6

Just a few thoughts:

Rachel: Is anyone else sick of her saying “It’s not fair we can’t be together?” It’s not like anyone else is doing anything to them to keep them apart. Jon has a record. Rachel had another child who’s dad has joint custody. It’s the reality they live in. There’s nothing unfair about that-actions have consequences. 

I noticed how Mother Karine seemed so happy to see the translator, a lot happier than whenever she sees Pole. 

Darcey, you aren’t an 18 year old seeing your boyfriend off to college. A 42 (ahem) year old woman jumping up and straddling him was embarrassing. And as I mentioned before: it’s not a thing to call Connecticut C.T. It’s just not. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Gobi said:

Did Darcy say "the CT" or "the City"? In the tri-state area, most people refer to New York as "the City".

She was referring to Connecticut as C.T. I live here. No one calls it that. Darcey probably thinks it’s some hip reference but it only makes her look silly and desperate to be cool. 

We definitely call New York City “the City” but that wasn’t what she was referring to. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, MrFluffy said:

They likely filmed the curbside scene in the evening at an area airport like Teterboro that has no passenger flights at night. The rest was probably filmed inside JFK...also probably late when there's less commotion. You'd think the TSA wouldn't allow that, but TMZ is inside the airport all the time, so it must be legal. Or, there's at least one terminal  (is it the old Eastern/Pan Am?) that's not functioning so maybe they had the run of the place and rounded up some extras. Also, did they DRIVE into (and park in) Manhattan when he arrived?

The car was parked outside the terminal of a major airport, there is a Delta sign visible in the background, which makes sense since Delta flies many non-stops from JFK to Amsterdam. There are several flights every evening, the last one leaves at 10:00 PM. I'll bet that's the one Jesse was on due to him saying there were "no more flights" when Darcey asked when the next one was and how quiet the terminal was. I also believe what we've seen so far this season was filmed about a year ago, right around the Tell All, and the driving to the airport scenes were right after. 

Oh, and I forgot to answer the second part. When he flew into NY, didn't they take some kind of car service into Manhattan? Darcey definitely didn't drive then. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1

Don’t any of these couples ever discus finances?  Not for now but in their future life together?  In whatever country they live  only one will be able to work at least at first. Will they have enough to support themselves any children they have or may have plus payments to exes etc.  

Also Jon has an enormous head. Lol

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, milner said:

Don’t any of these couples ever discus finances?  Not for now but in their future life together?  In whatever country they live  only one will be able to work at least at first. Will they have enough to support themselves any children they have or may have plus payments to exes etc.  

Also Jon has an enormous head. Lol

Apparently not, at least not in the Danyell & Mahamad story. Those two nut jobs I totally miss, the others I needed a break from.  Another trainwreck I love is Love after Lockup, anyone know when that will return ? 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Darcey, you aren’t an 18 year old seeing your boyfriend off to college. A 42 (ahem) year old woman jumping up and straddling him was embarrassing. And as I mentioned before: it’s not a thing to call Connecticut C.T. It’s just not. 

Don't forget . . . she had a birthday.  She's 43 now!!!

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Apparently not, at least not in the Danyell & Mahamad story. Those two nut jobs I totally miss, the others I needed a break from.  Another trainwreck I love is Love after Lockup, anyone know when that will return ? 

I don't know, but I hope Jorge and Anfisa are on it.

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, AZ Curls said:

Not defending Darcy in any way, but do you think her constant talking/chit chat and over explaining might just be a nervous thing she is doing because she is front of a camera filming a show? 

I got the impression of nervousness too. I was thinking maybe Jesse was making her more nervous. I would be nervous under the gaze of that American Psycho-esque stare. Not to mention every sentence turning into an argument. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Mainer said:

actually find Jon attractive, I like his voice and accent and his features aren’t the best but I feel like he has what I call “it factor” like you can’t pin point what it is but his charm draws you in.

Same here. I love the beard and he has nice facial features. He sort of has a rugged look. He also has a really nice smile with nice teeth.  I can see why women would be attracted to him. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I got the impression of nervousness too. I was thinking maybe Jesse was making her more nervous. I would be nervous under the gaze of that American Psycho-esque stare. Not to mention every sentence turning into an argument. 

Darcy is a bubblehead with nothing in her brain but designer labels and.bride's magazine. She just prattles on like a parrot narrating the action.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

Darcy is a bubblehead with nothing in her brain but designer labels and.bride's magazine. She just prattles on like a parrot narrating the action.

agreed.  I have it on in the background right now and Darcey's speech patterns are just awkward and filling space.  And it is apparent that the "meet the kids" storyline was what the 2 of them cooked up for whatever season this is for them.  It's disgusting to put her "young but look old" kids on TV and make them a part of this shitshow.  Unless she is basically trying to be a low rent version of the Kartrashians?  I wouldn't put it past her.

"unauthorized" tmz sex tape in 3.....2.....1.....

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AZ Curls said:

her constant talking/chit chat and over explaining might just be a nervous thing she is doing because she is front of a camera filming a show?

Except this isn't her first rodeo.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

but I miss Nicole and Azan

these 2 for sure.  I am fascinated by their "relationship."

1 hour ago, AZ Curls said:

Not defending Darcy in any way, but do you think her constant talking/chit chat and over explaining might just be a nervous thing she is doing because she is front of a camera filming a show? 

IMO I think she is just trying to engage Jesse who is cold and remote.  

• Love 4

So now Big Ang is going through her "1, 2, 3 Lies My Cull..." thing and she's getting to the blow job..."the secret so painful I haven't told anybody."  Eye roll.   She said that this was in the past before they met and she wasn't that serious and he copped to it then,  how is this the third lie unless this is yet another made up moment for TV?   Then she gets all bug eyed and crazy and accuses of him something that he basically agrees to to avoid a bigger confrontation?  

I'm getting the feeling that Ang is the producer plant and had no intent to ever propose to him and My Cull just got blindsided.  She could at least leave him the hat.

The first 2 "lies" are her stupid face on his phone and the instagram follows.....these aren't even lies. 

I'm changing my vote....both of these guys are terrible actors.  They are both in it.  Gah

• Love 11

The previews crack me up, Jesse telling  his friend he’s going back to the US to break up with Darcy in person and Darcy saying he’s coming back and she’s expecting a proposal  or she’s done.

why is she so desperate to get married? 

• Love 7

If anyone watches this back take a look at Michael on the beach.  I didn't notice this the first time but he looks OLD all of a sudden.  I actually started laughing.  All that inhalation of second hand smoke and whatever she is coughing up into his mouth has aged him 15 years in less than 2 weeks.  He looked fresh and baby faced at the airport.....he looks like he in his late forties now and his skin is getting worse.   Yikes

Just now, iwasish said:

The previews crack me up, Jesse telling  his friend he’s going back to the US to break up with Darcy in person and Darcy saying he’s coming back and she’s expecting a proposal  or she’s done.

why is she so desperate to get married? 

See: "Trying to Stay Relevant by Appearing on a Reality TV Show and Cultivating a Brand."

• Love 11

So I did a little snooping, the condo she shares with her sister is a 3 bed 1.5 bath worth about 150K - I actually read on this forum that the sisters don't even own said condo, their dad does. So it leads me to believe that all of Darcey's clothing,shoes & handbags are knockoffs and she and her sisters are squatters   or they spend every last dime they make on House of 11 on themselves with their very expensive taste. No way both sisters could have Darceys two girls and Stacey's 2 boys live there full time

• Love 8
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:48 AM, Lily247 said:

I think they read way too deep into it. It's called casual dating and it's what you do when you aren't ready for commitments yet. Why in the world was Angela so angry about Michael "cheating" on her when they were just internet chat buddies.

On a side note, I was kind of disturbed that Michael had apparantly given a car ride to a girl from his neighborhood who had no money so he had her perform a sexual favor for him. Was anybody else completely icked out by this ? Talk about predatory behavior. Guess we know that Michael doesnt give car rides for free. 

I totally agree, I thought it was incredibly creepy and predatory behavior.  It was very disturbing to me that Angela didn't even really think twice about it and saw it more as "cheating" than what it was (if that's truly how it went down) which was opportunistic and predatory. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I totally agree, I thought it was incredibly creepy and predatory behavior.  It was very disturbing to me that Angela didn't even really think twice about it and saw it more as "cheating" than what it was (if that's truly how it went down) which was opportunistic and predatory. 

Right, especially as a mother & grandmother, just goes to show how selfish Big Ang is.  It is sad however that in many 3rd world countries, women have to use their bodies as currency, not by choice but by necessity in a lot of cases.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

If anyone watches this back take a look at Michael on the beach.  I didn't notice this the first time but he looks OLD all of a sudden.  I actually started laughing.  All that inhalation of second hand smoke and whatever she is coughing up into his mouth has aged him 15 years in less than 2 weeks.  He looked fresh and baby faced at the airport.....he looks like he in his late forties now and his skin is getting worse.   Yikes

See: "Trying to Stay Relevant by Appearing on a Reality TV Show and Cultivating a Brand."

I noticed also that Michael keeps his hair very short,yet in a couple shots he was sweating profusely and his sideburns had grown out enough to see  them glinting very grayly on the side of his face.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So I did a little snooping, the condo she shares with her sister is a 3 bed 1.5 bath worth about 150K - I actually read on this forum that the sisters don't even own said condo, their dad does. So it leads me to believe that all of Darcey's clothing,shoes & handbags are knockoffs and she and her sisters are squatters   or they spend every last dime they make on House of 11 on themselves with their very expensive taste. No way both sisters could have Darceys two girls and Stacey's 2 boys live there full time

I figured that was the case when she said she lived with her sister and she was one big phony.  

Rachel and Darcey gets off on the drama.  Darcey loves the fighting, making up, the uphill climb.  Rachel is driven by the fairytale of never being able to be together.  She knows this relationship is not happening but still drags her kid to England to live the fantasy.   

Both mothers have watched too much Hallmark channel and need to get in touch with reality for the sake of their kids. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Stacee said:

Same here. I love the beard and he has nice facial features. He sort of has a rugged look. He also has a really nice smile with nice teeth.  I can see why women would be attracted to him. 

image.png.2b298a18cb5a8df8ab31608c11fa0339.png

• Love 7

I actually am feeling nice today and think Jon and Rachel really fell in love, a lot of people are wild and crazy till they finally meet there match, there one and only and suddenly everybody is like who are you?? But.. it does happen. My brother did it, he didn’t fight everyone but he could get the ladies left and right and all of a sudden he met a girl and got married raised her two kids and had two more with her... totally committed never thought I’d see th day.. lol I have a feeling these two might be the only ones that may have a lasting relationship, the way they look at eachother is touching , the only thing I find annoying about watching them is how much rachel cries other then that I hope they get there happy ending

• Love 6

Crazy Ang on the other hand... god I had her back I thought she was fun tell it like is, etc... now I just can’t even, she has shown her true colors and she’s RUFF, reeeally RUFF! I’m watching like can we get this white trash out of here, it’s ridiculous!! She just grosses me out more she needs to put those goat nips on a leash!! She’s gonna move quick and end up with a black eye or something!! Nobody wants to see those things jiggling around about to come out of the tank top! And her mouth just gets raunchier and raunchier.. 

I’ve also lost respect for Micheal, he very clearly has one mission (which we all knew) but he just agrees to whatever she says admits to whatever she makes up, like hello... makes me think it’s all lies... he’s literally trying cultivate the American dollar... he’s treated Ang like marijuana plant, he planted the seed(sent the message) watered it..(continued to message and show interest) threw it a bunch of nutrients (had sex with her) he got it all nice and bushy watered it talked to it..( continued to play the part and swear by his “love”) and then BAM!! Jokes on you!! It’s a Male plant! You get no buds!!( no free trip to America) so I kinda feel like hahahahahh... there both idiots they don’t pass go, there’s no get out of jail free card, just nothing they both get nothing! That’s my hope for both! They both were living in a dream world hoping to get something for free! She wanted a young stud way out of her league and he wanted a sugar momma free trip to America... sorry your both too dumb...?

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Mothra said:

starred you for your post up till the Kreeny part.  I'm from a very poor part of the south, and while I agree that offering refreshments to guests is what you do, there is also an unspoken agreement that the guests will decline your offer if they understand that you don't have much to spare.

Let's remember this: the reason Karine's family seems at all open to the marriage to Paul is that he is an American; generally, Americans are more prosperous and financially comfortable than those in countries such as Brazil. They see him as her meal ticket, as it were; how would they know that he is exhausting his savings account or has "sacrificed everything" for her? They aren't even able to have a conversation with him; how would they know he is financially strapped?

• Love 4
On 9/18/2018 at 3:56 PM, hookedontv said:

Rachel: Is anyone else sick of her saying “It’s not fair we can’t be together?” It’s not like anyone else is doing anything to them to keep them apart. Jon has a record. Rachel had another child who’s dad has joint custody. It’s the reality they live in. There’s nothing unfair about that-actions have consequences.

As someone who just completed two years teaching in middle schools, where I (and other staff) heard "THAT'S NOT FAIR!" so often I wanted to trade in my salary for, like, a dollar every time I heard that phrase.  I would have tripled my salary on the spot.  It is not like they applied to be together under one set of rules then the gov't changed them to keep them apart.  They knew full well that Rachel had a child that she shred custody with, he knew full well he had a record (not sure how much she knew) so no, I don't feel for them at all.

On 9/18/2018 at 4:53 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

I was thinking maybe Jesse was making her more nervous. I would be nervous under the gaze of that American Psycho-esque stare. Not to mention every sentence turning into an argument. 

Jesse makes me VERY uncomfortable.  Like I would want to strap packing tape over his mouth, and I am a pretty chill person!!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 13
22 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Let's remember this: the reason Karine's family seems at all open to the marriage to Paul is that he is an American; generally, Americans are more prosperous and financially comfortable than those in countries such as Brazil. They see him as her meal ticket, as it were; how would they know that he is exhausting his savings account or has "sacrificed everything" for her? They aren't even able to have a conversation with him; how would they know he is financially strapped?

But Kreeny's family *doesn't* want her to marry Pole and never did.  They were dubious when they first met him; then he abandoned their daughter to a slash-and-run thief when he had a panic attack; then they found out he had a criminal record.  Her father is a retired cop who reluctantly gave in to Kreeny's pleading.  Her mother never did come over to Pole's side, telling her daughter *on her wedding day* that she can come back home.  I don't think her family *is* at all open to her marriage.  I grant you that the prospect of her living in America is probably appealing to them, but I don't think they are in favor of Pole's being part of that dream.

All of the foreigners have the wrong idea about how much money their Americans have.  Just the fact that they were able (at a cost unknown to the foreigners) to travel to another country (or continent) demonstrates that they are "rich" in the eyes of the foreign families.  But we viewers know how stupid some of these expenditures were--think of the McDonald's manager who used his 401K to buy his plane ticket.  By Brazilian standards, Pole *is* rich, but they won't be living in Brazil.  What matters is his financial condition in the US, where they will be living.

• Love 9