Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, WeeklyLaugh said:

I think Darcey’s singing career ended up like her exe’s rapping career.  Even funnier is her entries in IMDB

Her IMDB entry is notable for the plot of her movie, The White T:

Herbert & Henry (Jerod and Jamal Mixon) are twin brothers with dreams to become the biggest rap stars in the game. Their chance at super-stardom comes after they buy a T-shirt with a winning golden tag allowing them to perform with Real Deal, the most legendary rapper in the World. The only problem is, Kevin, an equally sized Jewish kid with dreams of singing and blinging, manages to steal the prized White T and has his own plans to perform at the concert. With the help of a gypsy, a goat, and cast of characters as big as Herbert and Henry's appetites, White T is a feel good urban adventure reminiscent of Dude Where's My Car, Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1833835/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Look!  A goat!

Darcey's character is Chanel; Stacey is Coco.

A year's worth of Rice-a-Roni to anyone brave enough to give Amazon $9.99 to watch it!

• Love 11

Ok, I had so many posts marked to quote & comment on, thought I'd better before my post was nothing but quotes. Now I can't remember what I had wanted to comment on with some of them.

On 9/16/2018 at 11:54 PM, millennium said:

John's friend Matt seemed unusually sane for this show.

Omg, I would choose friend Matt over Jon any day!

Who is Rachel to judge anything Jon's done in the past as she's walking around with a 'one night stand' baby hooking up with a karaoke man she met online & forces her little baby to call him 'Dada'.

On 9/17/2018 at 7:01 AM, Cementhead said:

The way Jesse kept hoisting little Darcey-sized Darcey into his arms at the airport, while she wrapped her legs around his gangly torso?  GAG.  These are the people in public I laugh at. 

I don't know about airports in C.T., but here in Phoenix, you can barely get someone's luggage out of the trunk before you're being yelled at to keep it moving.  In addition to the long, straddling goodbye outside, she was able to run into the airport for another straddle!  Here in Phoenix, your car would have been towed by the time all of that took place!

On 9/17/2018 at 7:42 AM, PityFree said:

Same. At the very least I always offer them a beverage.

Made me think of the time a friend of mine took a bed over to my sister's house and she offered him a glass of tap water & saltine cracker with peanut butter spread on top!

When Pole says they ate a weeks worth of food in one sitting, I envisioned them roasting chicken, throwing a pot roast & potatoes in, waiting for that cook, they ate bologna and peanut butter sandwiches. 

Lost a quote but I think it had to do with Smokey Angela and her 'one, two, Three!' lies. All Michael had to do is tell her he was envisioning her while getting the BJ & she would have been thrilled.  

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Lost a quote but I think it had to do with Smokey Angela and her 'one, two, Three!' lies. All Michael had to do is tell her he was envisioning her while getting the BJ & she would have been thrilled.  

True enough, lol. I have to laugh at how unrealistic she's behaving. She's mad because Michael found sexual release while waiting for a woman 30+ years older than him to visit. Frankly, I am impressed he can physically get aroused with her. (Shudder)

• Love 8

Angela should remember her behavior when she first met Michael.  Apparently he has a magic crotch with magnetic properties.  But his story was awesome, it just happened so fast, I blinked, and my dick was in her mouth, whatever was I to do...

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Mothra said:

Her IMDB entry is notable for the plot of her movie, The White T:

Herbert & Henry (Jerod and Jamal Mixon) are twin brothers with dreams to become the biggest rap stars in the game. Their chance at super-stardom comes after they buy a T-shirt with a winning golden tag allowing them to perform with Real Deal, the most legendary rapper in the World. The only problem is, Kevin, an equally sized Jewish kid with dreams of singing and blinging, manages to steal the prized White T and has his own plans to perform at the concert. With the help of a gypsy, a goat, and cast of characters as big as Herbert and Henry's appetites, White T is a feel good urban adventure reminiscent of Dude Where's My Car, Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1833835/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Look!  A goat!

Darcey's character is Chanel; Stacey is Coco.

A year's worth of Rice-a-Roni to anyone brave enough to give Amazon $9.99 to watch it!

Interesting that they make the villain in their  little  movie “ a Jewish kid “.

• Love 6
On 9/17/2018 at 3:36 PM, iwasish said:

I think Karine would have to actually have the baby in the US in order to make a claim for child support . 

The U.S. is part of a compact with other countries where we enforce each other’s child support orders. Just like the individual states do for each other.  The country where the custodial parent and kids reside can also forward an initial request for support to the country where the noncustodial parent lives and a support order can be entered there.  It’s the country where the noncustodial parent (usually the father) lives that has personal jurisdiction over him and can actually make him pay.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Spike said:

The U.S. is part of a compact with other countries where we enforce each other’s child support orders. Just like the individual states do for each other.  The country where the custodial parent and kids reside can also forward an initial request for support to the country where the noncustodial parent lives and a support order can be entered there.  It’s the country where the noncustodial parent (usually the father) lives that has personal jurisdiction over him and can actually make him pay.

Thanks for the info !!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

Who is Rachel to judge anything Jon's done in the past as she's walking around with a 'one night stand' baby hooking up with a karaoke man she met online & forces her little baby to call him 'Dada'.

And leaving her kid for a few weeks to go get boned.  In the interest of gender fairness, I judge the men just as harshly for leaving their little ones to get boned overseas, too.

35 minutes ago, Mainer said:

I’m hoping that it’s revealed next episode if kringy and Pauly wog are actually having a baby... I’m kinda thinking she’s in the clinic having a miscarriage?

Lord forgive me but please let it be that and Paul: TAKE IT AS A SIGN!!!!  Go home to the USA, leave Brazil behind as a distant memory.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

Yes!  Thank you.  Don't forget basically putting the name of a stranger on her child's birth certificate (we did establish this happened and I'm not imagining it, right?).

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Don't forget basically putting the name of a stranger on her child's birth certificate (we did establish this happened and I'm not imagining it, right?).

I don't think we have established it.  

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:54 PM, magemaud said:

I had to laugh when Marta said Daya wasn’t answering her texts because he was “busy” then she showed her badly cracked cell phone screen with three rows of red angry face emojis. Sure, Marta, he’s not mad at you! 

She sent those emojis, not him.   She's very mature.  :D

• Love 1

I only live in the US for the free refills too. I don't want Darcy and Jesse to break up because I don't know what else I will do for entertainment.

Yes!  Thank you.  Don't forget basically putting the name of a stranger on her child's birth certificate (we did establish this happened and I'm not imagining it, right?).

I could be wrong, but I thought the guy has to sign the birth certificate in order for the woman to put his name on there. I didn't think you could just name someone on an official document like that without a signature.

Ricky giving Melissa's engagement ring to Ximena is so tacky I can barely speak.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I don't know about airports in C.T., but here in Phoenix, you can barely get someone's luggage out of the trunk before you're being yelled at to keep it moving.  In addition to the long, straddling goodbye outside, she was able to run into the airport for another straddle!  Here in Phoenix, your car would have been towed by the time all of that took place

Toronto Airport drop off is the same. You say your goodbyes in the car on the drive to the airport.  You have time to take out luggage and that's that. Cars, buses, taxis all lining up ..it's chaos,  there's no time for goodbye histrionics, cars have to keep moving.  The camera crew must've watched her car for her

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Toronto Airport drop off is the same. You say your goodbyes in the car on the drive to the airport.  You have time to take out luggage and that's that. Cars, buses, taxis all lining up ..it's chaos,  there's no time for goodbye histrionics, cars have to keep moving.  The camera crew must've watched her car for her

I assumed they had crew people watching the car, too.  Also, there was almost no traffic in the drop-off area, and that may have contributed to their having a little more leeway.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, QueBueno said:

I think the bolded portion would have sufficed.

I am a longtime participant (mostly lurker, because these folks are awesome and much wittier than I) of this forum.  I definitely do not have the same impression of them that seems to be expressed in these two posts.  Most of us are not linguists.  We would like to write entertaining posts, not a formal dissertation.  And I definitely have never sensed the moral superiority, nor reckless disregard for truth, that you describe.  Heck, we're just here for the snark.  If there is a real issue, we have a fabulous moderator to keep everyone in line.

By the way, my friend who works in my company's Frankfurt office says my German pronunciation is flawless and I sound like a native speaker.

I second that emotion...and wanted to add - my first reaction to the pronunciation question was that the poster actually knew enough Spanish (Mexican/Neutral, whatever) to know that Ricky was saying the “ll” differently...If the poster had wondered why you don’t say “Kay-say-dilla” at Taco Time, I would have maybe smirked a little...

• Love 8
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

Interesting that they make the villain in their  little  movie “ a Jewish kid “.

I noticed that, too.  WTF?  I wonder how he was portrayed in order to justify making the character Jewish, and why. 

19 hours ago, WeeklyLaugh said:

If you want to see their exes, check out this article from their failed pilot “The Twin Life”.   Also, Darcey had tried to get on “Million Dollar Matchmaker”. It cracks me up to see how much facial work that both sisters have done especially the lips.  https://starcasm.net/videos-before-the-90-days-darcey-silva-reality-show-pilot-for-the-twin-life/

Wow.... Just wow. I mainly wanted to see what the ex was like and that guy Frank is not AT ALL what I would have imagined. An up and coming rapper? Lmao! And I thought he was wearing some kind of wig disguise or something but that was his real hair? Am I the only one noticing how mismatched those two seemed to be? 

I had imagined maybe Darcy's ex was some upper management, white collar, money making kind of guy that maybe she eventually got bored of and had to change to a younger, more lively kind of guy (in her mind). Where did this doofus come from?

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Eldemarge said:

Even tho I hate that she's trying to push that dad stuff on him, it was really cute when Lucy said "dada." I wonder if she had been coached tho.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I assumed they had crew people watching the car, too.  Also, there was almost no traffic in the drop-off area, and that may have contributed to their having a little more leeway.

They have to have paid for a permit to film, letting them keep the car there for a little.  The crew wouldn't stop a tow, that would be awesome footage.  

1 minute ago, eatsleep said:

Even tho I hate that she's trying to push that dad stuff on him, it was really cute when Lucy said "dada." I wonder if she had been coached tho.

I think it's more a case of babies babble random sounds and since "dada" is a word, people freak out and decide that it means intentional speech.  Same thing with "mama".  

If there ever is a Pole/Karine child, I want it's first word to be "fala".

• Love 19
21 hours ago, WeeklyLaugh said:

If you want to see their exes, check out this article from their failed pilot “The Twin Life”.   Also, Darcey had tried to get on “Million Dollar Matchmaker”. It cracks me up to see how much facial work that both sisters have done especially the lips.  https://starcasm.net/videos-before-the-90-days-darcey-silva-reality-show-pilot-for-the-twin-life/

It sounds like Darcey but doesnt look like Darcey....Also Frank does not look like I expected.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

They have to have paid for a permit to film, letting them keep the car there for a little.  The crew wouldn't stop a tow, that would be awesome footage.  

I think it's more a case of babies babble random sounds and since "dada" is a word, people freak out and decide that it means intentional speech.  Same thing with "mama".  

If there ever is a Pole/Karine child, I want it's first word to be "fala".

But how "prophetic" was that! Just two episodes ago Rachel predicted Lucy would be saying dada soon. And then she did, as she was leaving. awwwww

• Love 1
20 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm not a fan of open relationships, if it means people who are committed to each other agree that it's okay to have sex with other people.  Of course if it works for them, then that's great--have at it.  But I don't want it in my own life because I prefer monogamy.

I'd certainly find it useful information even if the person I was considering being in a relationship wasn't asking me to agree to an open relationship.  It could be that that phase is behind him, but I'd want to know about it nevertheless because it says something, to me, about his character.  And Jon did mention some of his partners being married, which, again, if everybody is consenting that's fine.  But it's not something I want in a life partner, and it should be my prerogative to judge someone for it.

I agree with this. I'm surprised people are criticizing her on that.   if he's okay with having sex with someone who is married, whether that marriage is open or not, is actually pretty telling about how he views relationships and whether he can actually be monogamous.  

• Love 5
On 9/19/2018 at 11:19 AM, LGGirl said:

Regarding money:  most of the Americans, except Rachel and Darcey, have sent money overseas. I cannot fathom sending money to someone I don’t really know.  Yet, it’s been a running theme on these shows.  I can see the foreigners asking and taking funds but what’s in it for the Americans?   

I think some of the Americans have the feeling that they have bought and paid for another human being, i.e. Danielle, Mark (Nikki), Nicole (where ya goin' now?! Talk to me, oh I'm crazy?!)

Matt (?Russian bride), Jorge, definitely Tarik & Ricky & Pole. Yep, they better do what I want and when I want it, I spent everything on them! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I agree with this. I'm surprised people are criticizing her on that.   if he's okay with having sex with someone who is married, whether that marriage is open or not, is actually pretty telling about how he views relationships and whether he can actually be monogamous.  

That's not really fair.  I had what I shall call a colorful past that perhaps included dabbling with a few attached people.  What people decided to do in their relationships had nothing to do with me, or my ability to be monogamous.  

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

That's not really fair.  I had what I shall call a colorful past that perhaps included dabbling with a few attached people.  What people decided to do in their relationships had nothing to do with me, or my ability to be monogamous.  

The point for me, anyway, is that it reveals an opinion on monogamy.  I don't know...maybe we're not supposed to disapprove of anything any more?  But if I disapproved of adultery, I'd be more comfortable with a partner who also disapproved of it than with a partner who thinks it's okay.  Of course both of them could cheat under the right circumstances.  We can never know for sure what someone will do, but opinions could be a helpful predictor, and an indicator of compatibility.

• Love 2

But see, that's the thing.  I'm very much against adultery.  I'd never cheat and I'd never accept cheating in my partner.  But I, and Jon, have never been married.  My point was that I, and Jon, have no culpability in if others commit adultery.  

• Love 3

I had a hard time following what Jon was saying about open relationships. Once he used the term and Rachel voiced disapproval, he said something like "What is it if you have a friend with benefits?" and Rachel said, "A friend with benefits." And he said, "What if you have two of them." This seemed to be his way of explaining his "open" relationships. I was confused.

I didn't think Rachel was wrong for saying that she never has and never will approve of open relationships when Jon said he had engaged in them. If he was into that in the past, he may still be into it and that is a serious compatibility issue that I think should be talked about to see if going forward with the relationship is worth it. She has no business asking about people that he has been with in his past or the number of past partners, but a lifestyle like open relationships is something I really think should be discussed. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I had a hard time following what Jon was saying about open relationships. Once he used the term and Rachel voiced disapproval, he said something like "What is it if you have a friend with benefits?" and Rachel said, "A friend with benefits." And he said, "What if you have two of them." This seemed to be his way of explaining his "open" relationships. I was confused.

I didn't think Rachel was wrong for saying that she never has and never will approve of open relationships when Jon said he had engaged in them. If he was into that in the past, he may still be into it and that is a serious compatibility issue that I think should be talked about to see if going forward with the relationship is worth it. She has no business asking about people that he has been with in his past or the number of past partners, but a lifestyle like open relationships is something I really think should be discussed. 

I totally agree that discussing how you see your relationship, and if it would involve others, is completely essential before you get in too deep with someone.  And Rachael is allowed to disapprove of all types of open relationship.  At least Jon was honest with her.  And he's given no indication that he wants that sort of relationship with her.  As the fantastic Dolly Parton said in Steel Magnolias, "If you can achieve puberty, you can achieve a past".

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

The camera crew must've watched her car for her

It does not matter if someone is 'watching', the vehicle here in Phoenix or how busy it is or is not. We are not allowed to have any vehicle 'standing' for any reason. 

Picked my sister up at Sky Harbor Airport a while back (same sister who served saltine cracker & tap water). She came out & my niece had left a piece of luggage sitting on the carousel.  Sister Tostandon ran back in to get it.  I was told to move along, I've been sitting there for too long. Told them my sister would be right back, they did not care, told me I could not just sit there. Left Niece Tostandon on the sidewalk to wait for her mom while I had to circle around the whole airport again-praying the whole time that I would not accidentally get into the freeway going to the east valley! Anyone who has ever been to Sky Harbor knows what I'm talking about!

Of course Ricky had to tell Leftover that she was 'Second Plate' and she was getting a ring intended for the one he thought was sexier, I mean, who he had a stronger connection to.  Could you imagine if he didn't tell her & she found out on the reunion show!? 

I don't know why these people feel they need to look to other countries for 'true love'. Wasn't it that new Catholic stripper who said men in America were afraid of commitment? Maybe she's going after the men who frequent her strip club. 

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The point for me, anyway, is that it reveals an opinion on monogamy.  I don't know...maybe we're not supposed to disapprove of anything any more?  But if I disapproved of adultery, I'd be more comfortable with a partner who also disapproved of it than with a partner who thinks it's okay.  Of course both of them could cheat under the right circumstances.  We can never know for sure what someone will do, but opinions could be a helpful predictor, and an indicator of compatibility.

How I saw it was that Rachel was being a wee bit self righteous of Jon living a non monogamous lifestyle when she (very recently) became pregnant by a stranger via a one night stand. Jon doesn’t have any children.....Pot meet Kettle

To me there is a big difference between a single person wanting to have Safe/Consentual sex with multiple people and adultery. I could see Rachel being uncomfortable if Jon was married/committed before and cheated and showed no remorse (like “oh yeah whatever”) but choosing not to be commited at all?? I’m confused as to what he did that was objectionable......you could say he could’ve kept his FWB to single ladies (and not married women in open relationships), which I get, but again it was the self righteous attitude that went with it I found odd.

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, alegtostandon said:

. . . I had to circle around the whole airport again-praying the whole time that I would not accidentally get into the freeway going to the east valley! Anyone who has ever been to Sky Harbor knows what I'm talking about!

East Valley resident here.  I feel your pain.

25 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I don’t think Jon was having “open relationships” I think he was dating/having sex with several people at once, some of them had primary partners (as in married) who had open relationships. 

• Love 5