Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

You know any time someone begins a statement with something like "all western women over 35" what comes next is not going to be stereotyping or offensive at all lol. Some people need to know how to read a room to not offend probably over half of its occupants. Ditto on the sentiment that I also did not become damaged goods at that age. 

Signing on to this! Dafuq was that comment?!  I am in my forties and very much love my husband (my second! married at 36! Gasp!) and continue to have a very lively and romantic relationship, and most of my friends (married and single) remain quite interested in romantic relationships despite their advanced age....lmao.

• Love 11

What was the big deal with Angela's dinner? It was a cow leg, aka beef. Anyone ever hear of osso buco? You would think she was served monkey from her reaction.

It was served in a cow's hoof but I'm not sure it was beef. I don't eat red meat anymore but when I did, there were still plenty of parts of the cow that I wouldn't eat (brain, organ meats,  etc.) The texture didn't seem beef-like to me. But what really grossed  me out was when she opened her mouth right after taking a bite and her teeth were still yellow from the spices/sauce. Gross.

I want to like Hazel.. or at least feel sorry for her, but I can’t. She just is so blah. I don’t see any life in her, no spark. 

I think she is clinically depressed and possibly has other issues, like PTSD. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, charmed1 said:

For every season of this show, I do a wife swap in my head. I hadn’t considered Darcey and Michael, but I like it.

I do it, too, but now that there are more couples involved, I don't confine my combos to one season. I'm shipping Michael and Molly. 

• Love 1
On 9/10/2018 at 8:40 PM, gavinmac said:

I thought it was really crass and creepy for Dean, who knows Hazel and Tarik aren't having sex, to say "I hope you're enough woman for him in the bedroom this weekend" or however he put it.  That might be enough to coerce Hazel to immediately do the sex with Tarik, she's terrified that Tarik won't "choose" her to go to America based on what Dean says.  

Yes, I can see it now , next interview with dead-eye Hazel saying : " I must .. do the sex .. with.. Tarik. So I can go to America. "

• Love 8
4 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

You know any time someone begins a statement with something like "all western women over 35" what comes next is not going to be stereotyping or offensive at all lol. Some people need to know how to read a room to not offend probably over half of its occupants. Ditto on the sentiment that I also did not become damaged goods at that age. 

I realize that I'm posting in a forum where its probably 98% western women reading my 2 cents. So I don't expect all of you to agree with my opinions about American women. It's all good. I know I will not win a popular contest here.I can take it. I really believe most women over 35 are damaged good and it becomes very difficult to have a relationship with them. My personnel opinion. Hazel is damaged. Tarik should find another woman with less baggage.  

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

I really believe most women over 35 are damaged good and it becomes very difficult to have a relationship with them. 

Fair's fair.

(Actually, I don't believe what I just modified above, but it just seems like we should be politically correct and include both genders.)

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

Darcey and Jesse are too f-ed up, individually and as a couple, for me to comment on.  

No need to, they are straight up unreality actors and signed up for a role. The beauty of "Before" the 90 days they don't even have to commit visa fraud to get cast on the show.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, sconstant said:

Googled it, and found that it's likely a reference to a Janet Jackson song from 2001's All For You.  Wikipedia says "The 'avant-garde' aura of 'Trust a Try' fuses elements of mock-operetta and hard rock with classical music, dance, and hip-hop. In the song, Jackson delivers an 'angry aria' of betrayal.  Its 'rock 'n' roll sass'r is laced with theatrical vocal arrangements, electric guitars, violins and cinematic strings."

In other words, the title of this episode means that (a) they don't care that much for people to get their references at this point, and (b) someone about my age is naming these episodes.

Points (a) & (b) are really funny. Thank you.

I was also confused about what Trust a Try meant. Generally the “reality” episode names are easy to understand. I remember fondly (see point (b)) Janet Jackson’s All For You. I’ll have to look that up. 

But somehow I doubt they’re that sophisticated ie Breaking Bad. You’re giving them too much credit (maybe - who knows? - I liked your analysis).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BabyDaddy said:

Yes, I can see it now , next interview with dead-eye Hazel saying : " I must .. do the sex .. with.. Tarik. So I can go to America. "

Sex out of obligation. Something I’d never wanna be on either end of

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Eric said:

I realize that I'm posting in a forum where its probably 98% western women reading my 2 cents. So I don't expect all of you to agree with my opinions about American women. It's all good. I know I will not win a popular contest here.I can take it. I really believe most women over 35 are damaged good and it becomes very difficult to have a relationship with them. My personnel opinion. Hazel is damaged. Tarik should find another woman with less baggage.  

This isn't Michael, is it?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, aliya said:

So how does this work?  Do you just sing to your phone?  Are other people listening? Do you call someone and sing with them? 

It's called Smule. Basically there are instrumental versions, versions that have been prerecorded by other users that you turn into duets by joining in and filling the gaps with ad libs and what not, or you can sing with celebrities who have recorded videos of themselves singing their chart topping hits. You can do audio only or turn on the camera and do video recordings so the other person can see who is singing with them. People can listen if you save them. All someone would need is your username or email address to join you. There are some people who can legitimately sing. My little brother showed me how it works. I didn't see many kids. Mostly adults. Not my cup of tisane or love story beginning but hey. Whatever works!

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 3

Eric, You can stop digging now; that hole you're in is nearing China! ?

The storylines with Karine and Hazel are getting more uncomfortable as they unfold. These women are portrayed as destitute and desperate, not portrayed as in love, intelligent, assertive, or even adult.   

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Sienna said:

I definitely see a belly here:

myk1d9nc7ol11.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&s

I wouldn't call him fat, but chubby? Sure.

I said in the original episode, given that we saw Tariq working out with his brother, he probably fluctuates weight/fitness level. (Like a lot of people it’s not a judgment- unless you’re a semi professional althete or lucky most adults fluctuate weight a little bit in their life depending on what’s happening; he’s also a 40 something dude with a desk job)

More likely than not he sent Hazel a photo of him at his LEANEST & most muscular. (Someone said it was from 10yrs ago) By standard USA standards he’s not chubby, but by comparison to his own picture and men Hazel sees in her daily life he may be chubby to her. I don’t think Tariq is bad looking, (fashion not with standing) but the narrower shoulders and baby face make him look chubbier (and also younger so there’s that). 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I said in the original episode, given that we saw Tariq working out with his brother, he probably fluctuates weight/fitness level. (Like a lot of people it’s not a judgment- unless you’re a semi professional althete or lucky most adults fluctuate weight a little bit in their life depending on what’s happening; he’s also a 40 something dude with a desk job)

More likely than not he sent Hazel a photo of him at his LEANEST & most muscular. (Someone said it was from 10yrs ago) By standard USA standards he’s not chubby, but by comparison to his own picture and men Hazel sees in her daily life he may be chubby to her. I don’t think Tariq is bad looking, (fashion not with standing) but the narrower shoulders and baby face make him look chubbier (and also younger so there’s that). 

I agree and once again  we run into cultural differences. Filipinos being very blunt in making such comments with friends and family members

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Eric said:

With all do respect, 35 years of life experiences, good and bad, are going to shape a person, whether they are male or female.

By the age of 35, most women have been at least common-law married and had children, if they are going to. These experiences may affect a person depending on how contentious the situation was that led a woman to become single again, but I wouldn’t sweepingly call them damaged goods. I would argue that 35+ year old men are in the same boat. After all, most women do not go through those situations in a vacuum - it takes two to tango. 

Women are socialized from a young age to defer to men, to please men, and as a result, due to a lack of life experiences, young women sometimes sell themselves short. Slightly older women know who they are, what they want and what they deserve. I would argue that makes them better potential partners for the right mate, not damaged goods. 

And yes, for the record, I’m a 37 year old woman from Canada who hasn’t been single since I was 25. But I routinely say of my male and female friends who are, it’s tough out there for both genders. The dating pool narrows as one ages, and having fewer choices sucks. But to insinuate that women are more damaged than men, I think is short-sighted. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It looks like he mostly works on strength training (biceps, chest) and forgoes cardio or healthy eating, I see quite a lot of men doing that. 

2 hours ago, Saje81 said:

With all do respect, 35 years of life experiences, good and bad, are going to shape a person, whether they are male or female.

By the age of 35, most women have been at least common-law married and had children, if they are going to. These experiences may affect a person depending on how contentious the situation was that led a woman to become single again, but I wouldn’t sweepingly call them damaged goods. I would argue that 35+ year old men are in the same boat. After all, most women do not go through those situations in a vacuum - it takes two to tango. 

Women are socialized from a young age to defer to men, to please men, and as a result, due to a lack of life experiences, young women sometimes sell themselves short. Slightly older women know who they are, what they want and what they deserve. I would argue that makes them better potential partners for the right mate, not damaged goods. 

And yes, for the record, I’m a 37 year old woman from Canada who hasn’t been single since I was 25. But I routinely say of my male and female friends who are, it’s tough out there for both genders. The dating pool narrows as one ages, and having fewer choices sucks. But to insinuate that women are more damaged than men, I think is short-sighted. 

I agree. I also would like to add that despite the common belief that dating is easier for men - from what I've heard from various men, it looks like women will always have an easier time finding men to date/sleep with/relationship with than the other way around. I dont know why. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

agree. I also would like to add that despite the common belief that dating is easier for men - from what I've heard from various men, it looks like women will always have an easier time finding men to date/sleep with/relationship with than the other way around. I dont know wh

I totally agree. Woman definitely have an easier time, if a girl goes out to a bar she’s only going home alone if she chooses too. There is some truth to the saying the power of the pussy... not to sound trashy but a guy will not turn down a woman 90 percent of the time

• Love 2
On 9/12/2018 at 4:14 PM, Gobi said:

Not sure how recent, but Eczema posted pictures on Colombia Cupid that were pre-nose job and Ricketts knew or suspected that the nose job was after he sent her money.

Eczema and Rickets! LOL, you gave me an asthma attack!

• Love 3
On 9/13/2018 at 9:40 AM, charmed1 said:

For every season of this show, I do a wife swap in my head. I hadn’t considered Darcey and Michael, but I like it. I’m shipping.

Now for the others: Angela and Ricky. They’re both looking for people to bang on the first night. Why not each other?

Hazel and Jesse. She wants to go to another country so badly, there ya go. He can take her back home where they can both be equally repulsed by each other.

Rachel and Tarik. What did DeNiro say in Heat? “Don't get attached to anything you aren’t willing to walk out on in 30 seconds if you feel the heat around the corner.” That can be modified for these two by switching out the word “anything” for daughters and “heat” for international genitalia, and you’ve got a perfect match.

That leaves Karine, Pole and Jon. If not lovers, I actually think Pole and Jon could become the best of two freakishly weird friends. “The Adventures of Pyro and Sir Fisticuffs McTrashman: Before the Serial Killing Days.” Karine will have to just go back to Brazil with the home version of our game. She’s better off anyway.

you.are.killing.me.

14 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Like, yeah.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think Tariq is bad looking, (fashion not with standing) but the narrower shoulders and baby face make him look chubbier (and also younger so there’s that). 

OMGoodness. He looks just stupid to me. There's nothing attractive about him. You can always buy better clothes. You can't fix goofy-looking.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I agree. I also would like to add that despite the common belief that dating is easier for men - from what I've heard from various men, it looks like women will always have an easier time finding men to date/sleep with/relationship with than the other way around. I dont know why. 

5 hours ago, Mainer said:

I totally agree. Woman definitely have an easier time, if a girl goes out to a bar she’s only going home alone if she chooses too. There is some truth to the saying the power of the pussy... not to sound trashy but a guy will not turn down a woman 90 percent of the time

In a heteronormative frame work a woman is always going to have more options for casual encounters (casual sex or recreational companionship), but there are more social and biological consequences for women if those encounters go SOUTH. 

As such women tend to be more cautious as the stakes get higher, and they get older. Also women are not socialized to have their emotional needs met primarily through romantic and sexual relationships, women (on average) tend to have more options for emotional intimacy than a similarly situated man. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 4
On 9/11/2018 at 6:57 PM, Mainer said:

Narcissism 101... who knows right, boy he really proved something leaving for the WHOLE night just to come back the next morning... he’s real tuff!! The only thing he did was lighten his wallet about a 100 bucks for a room, to me that’s an expensive tantrum? he’s a nitwit... actually halfwit?

Do we know that he was gone the whole night, seemed like he stormed off only to return an hour later, maybe its editing or maybe he didnt have the cash for The Courtyard

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

n a heteronormative frame work a woman is always going to have more options for casual encounters (casual sex or recreational companionship), but there are more social and biological consequences for women if those encounters go SOUTH. 

As such women tend to be more cautious as the stakes get higher, and they get older. Also women are not socialized to have their emotional needs met primarily through romantic and sexual relationships, women (on average) tend to have more options for emotional intimacy than a similarly situated man. 

I totally agree, I was just stating that the power is there. Woman definitely have the upper hand. 

40 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Do we know that he was gone the whole night, seemed like he stormed off only to return an hour later, maybe its editing or maybe he didnt have the cash for The Courtyard

I thought it was morning time when he came back but true could be some editing 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

In a heteronormative frame work a woman is always going to have more options for casual encounters (casual sex or recreational companionship), but there are more social and biological consequences for women if those encounters go SOUTH. 

All true. 

• Love 1
On 9/13/2018 at 11:41 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

The storylines with Karine and Hazel are getting more uncomfortable as they unfold. These women are portrayed as destitute and desperate, not portrayed as in love, intelligent, assertive, or even adult.   

With Hazel, yes, and she is not likeable. She seems to believe that her mere presence is deserving enough to be fully taken care of. What she doesnt seem to get is that if she wants to live this life of comfort, she should really offer some sort of affection to Tarik - not necessarily sexual, but to at least put up a FRONT that she is into him and that he is the best thing since sliced bread for who he is and not his financial capabilities to take her to the US. After all, this is definitely not about love from either party, so at least make the trade off more equal. What will he think when he watches the show and see that she only cares about her self-betterment ? At least Nicki from the Phillipines (who was also more attractive) acted like she was really into Mark, that they had a great sex life, etc (I know I'm making some of u barf). 

Karines situation is a little different. She is not portrayed as destitute. Remote, yes, but the poverty of her family is not highlighted at all. She really does seem to like Paul for whatever reason, she even mentioned that she likes light skinned and light-haired men, she comes from a close, loving family. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Lily247 said:

With Hazel, yes, and she is not likeable. She seems to believe that her mere presence is deserving enough to be fully taken care of. What she doesnt seem to get is that if she wants to live this life of comfort, she should really offer some sort of affection to Tarik - not necessarily sexual, but to at least put up a FRONT that she is into him and that he is the best thing since sliced bread for who he is and not his financial capabilities to take her to the US. After all, this is definitely not about love from either party, so at least make the trade off more equal. What will he think when he watches the show and see that she only cares about her self-betterment ? At least Nicki from the Phillipines (who was also more attractive) acted like she was really into Mark, that they had a great sex life, etc (I know I'm making some of u barf). 

Karines situation is a little different. She is not portrayed as destitute. Remote, yes, but the poverty of her family is not highlighted at all. She really does seem to like Paul for whatever reason, she even mentioned that she likes light skinned and light-haired men, she comes from a close, loving family. 

Wait a minute.  It would be better if Hazel pretended to love or even like Tarquin?  And so far he's given her every reason to believe that he's ready to take care of her just for being her.  Maybe I'm missing some subtlety here, but I don't see doubts on Torgo's part.  Why on earth would that wily waif want to change a winning policy?  At least she's retaining some self-respect, which is more than I can say for Tardis.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Mothra said:

Wait a minute.  It would be better if Hazel pretended to love or even like Tarquin?  And so far he's given her every reason to believe that he's ready to take care of her just for being her.  Maybe I'm missing some subtlety here, but I don't see doubts on Torgo's part.  Why on earth would that wily waif want to change a winning policy?  At least she's retaining some self-respect, which is more than I can say for Tardis.

Act like you are in love and love as well as affliction has a better chance of being reciprocated.  Little different than if the parents arranged a couple for marraige and the kids had to make the best of the situation..

However what American TV viewers what to see would be a culturally unacceptable public display of affection for Hazel.  Nikki and Mark being different in that Nikki is the legal wife, as well as being in America and not Manila with a child already and what looks like fundamentalist family

• Love 1
On 9/14/2018 at 10:00 AM, Mainer said:

Women have an easier time getting laid and maybe getting dates/drinks, but finding a high-quality partner? Ehhh...hasn't been my experience. In fact, at the ripe old age of 38, I found men to be such damaged goods I threw my hands up and finally came out of the closet!*

*I'm kidding, of course; there are plenty of fantastic men out there of all ages, just like there are amazing women out there of all ages. If you think of older women as "damaged goods," I would suggest you do a little soul-searching to find out why you think that way about women, or any people at all. Why do you think of women as "goods" at all, even?

• Love 10
9 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Women have an easier time getting laid and maybe getting dates/drinks, but finding a high-quality partner? Ehhh...hasn't been my experience. In fact, at the ripe old age of 38, I found men to be such damaged goods I threw my hands up and finally came out of the closet!*

*I'm kidding, of course; there are plenty of fantastic men out there of all ages, just like there are amazing women out there of all ages. If you think of older women as "damaged goods," I would suggest you do a little soul-searching to find out why you think that way about women, or any people at all. Why do you think of women as "goods" at all, even?

I don’t think of woman as “goods” so to speak I just think we have more power then men, I’ve been married 11 years I’m not out on the market. But I’ve been out with my friends and cousins and the men are thirsty and will hit on anything that’s female. It’s not that I want that or am looking for that I just recognize the power is there... maybe it would be hard to turn that into a relationship but I’ve never in the past had a problem with that, if your not desperate and your a strong woman, then men are attracted to that. To me it’s all personality and how you carry yourself, I’ve had  woman friends that throw themselves at men and they have a really hard time getting into a relationship but if you have a little self respect and don’t give it up the first night you hang out with them it’s pretty easy. I had mentioned this book before and it fits so true. If you chase anything in life it will run man or woman. I call it the bitch book. It’s called “why men love bitches” it’s a great book. Either way I’m happy where I’m at in life I was just stating that I feel the woman has the power here. It’s not that I think less of men I just kinda think it’s a known fact. ?

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mainer said:

I don’t think of woman as “goods” so to speak I just think we have more power then men, I’ve been married 11 years I’m not out on the market. But I’ve been out with my friends and cousins and the men are thirsty and will hit on anything that’s female. It’s not that I want that or am looking for that I just recognize the power is there... maybe it would be hard to turn that into a relationship but I’ve never in the past had a problem with that, if your not desperate and your a strong woman, then men are attracted to that. To me it’s all personality and how you carry yourself, I’ve had  woman friends that throw themselves at men and they have a really hard time getting into a relationship but if you have a little self respect and don’t give it up the first night you hang out with them it’s pretty easy. I had mentioned this book before and it fits so true. If you chase anything in life it will run man or woman. I call it the bitch book. It’s called “why men love bitches” it’s a great book. Either way I’m happy where I’m at in life I was just stating that I feel the woman has the power here. It’s not that I think less of men I just kinda think it’s a known fact. ?

I read that book. Life changing!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Mothra said:

Yes, it would be. Shes got a pretty stank attitude and hes not gonna love it too long. At least to give some sort of affection and see if things can grow. 

13 hours ago, Raja said:

Act like you are in love and love as well as affliction has a better chance of being reciprocated.  Little different than if the parents arranged a couple for marraige and the kids had to make the best of the situation..

However what American TV viewers what to see would be a culturally unacceptable public display of affection for Hazel.  Nikki and Mark being different in that Nikki is the legal wife, as well as being in America and not Manila with a child already and what looks like fundamentalist family

I still don't see why Hazel should have to act like she is in love, when Torgo already behaves like he loves her--and I am counting as "love" his desire to bang her--and says he loves her.  The only time I've seen her displaying any kind of affection toward him was when she wanted to make sure he wasn't mad at her.  That served her purpose of making sure she hadn't blown the deal by getting upset and running off.  Mission accomplished, so why bother to pretend any more  I'm sure Tardis would like it if she would act as if she's in love with him, but I still give her props for maintaining self-respect.

I disagree that seeing affection between Torgo and Hazel would be culturally unacceptable for American audiences, if I understand you aright.  People of different ethnicities are seen together in love relationships all the time here; in fact, African-American/Asian is a combo I think wouldn't raise an eyebrow anywhere in the US.  There are fundies in the US, too--where I come from, we handle snakes and drink poison to demonstrate our faith in god--and believe me, out-of-wedlock children are not the horrible stigma one would expect.  In fact, among fundamentalists, the more you sin the greater your redemption.  Hazel's parents were probably ashamed of her unwed motherhood, but as long as she has expressed remorse for her sin, that should be OK theologically.

1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

Yes, it would be. Shes got a pretty stank attitude and hes not gonna love it too long. At least to give some sort of affection and see if things can grow. 

The fact is, though, that he's fallen in love with her (accepting his definition of "love") as she is.  Her aim is to get to the US and have a better life.  If he is willing to take her as she is, why would she want to complicate matters by adding a layer of pretense?  All she has to do is restrain herself around Mongo, and she'll be fine.  If she learns to love him, that's great, but even an arranged marriage wouldn't require pretending to love someone you've just met.  Even people who marry when they're madly in love/lust learn more about each other after they've been married a while, things that either deepen affection or lead to divorce.

Do you think he really loves her?  I don't.

• Love 4
On 9/12/2018 at 2:21 PM, gonecrackers said:

Did Ricky really send Ximena enough money to even truly help with the cost of a nose job? And even if she did use it for that, whatever. He chose to send these women money - women he doesn't even know from another country when he has children to support - & he's not even divorced yet. They can do what they want with it & if he expects full accountability in these situations he should just spend it on his daughters instead. What racket is he running that they have to account for every dollar he sends to make sure it's going to food & housing?  He was lusting over them for months & if he was that into Melissa he certainly isn't against plastic surgery  - maybe he just doesn't want to pay for it himself. He's a total douche bag.

I could see Ricky being upset if she said she was using the money for some type of hardship in her life, and then he found out it was for a nose job.  Not sure that that's what occurred.

• Love 1
On 9/12/2018 at 6:59 PM, Mothra said:

Yeah, but how is using the money to visit her sister and buy stuff for her nephews any more urgent than getting her nose fixed?  I think what's stupid is that he is apparently OK with her using the money for anything *but* a nose job--I guess he thought Melissa's tits were born that way.  If I were to tell a guy I was in financial straits, I wouldn't be talking about wanting to visit my sister and take presents for her sons.  I'd be talking about having trouble paying the rent or a car payment.

Besides that, when you give someone a gift, you don't get to dictate how the gift is used.  That's why it's called a gift.  If he didn't want her to spend money on her nose, he shouldn't have given her money.  I think you could make the case that Ricky benefited from the nose job (his girlfriend is more beautiful) and did not benefit from the visit to her sister, so what's he bitching about?

What if they tell you they need $$ for a specific purpose, and you believe that the money you give them is going to that purpose?

Edited by LocalGovt
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I could see Ricky being upset if she said she was using the money for some type of hardship in her life, and then he found out it was for a nose job.  Not sure that that's what occurred.

I didn't get the sense that she told him she needed money for something specific. Maybe she lamented not having certain things or a need, so he ASSumed whatever he sent was being used that way.

Either way he was a stupid, selfish, fucking moron for sending stranger women in another country money, with no way of knowing their situations -for sure - & with having daughters to support. They'll use it for what they want so if he doesn't like it he should stop thinking with his dick & stop sending strangers money.

Regardless Mr. "In Love With" Plastic Boob Lady Melissa should have absolutely no problems with plastic surgery.  He just wants it done prior to meeting, so not with his money.  What a prick.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Mothra said:

The fact is, though, that he's fallen in love with her (accepting his definition of "love") as she is.  Her aim is to get to the US and have a better life.  If he is willing to take her as she is, why would she want to complicate matters by adding a layer of pretense?  All she has to do is restrain herself around Mongo, and she'll be fine.  If she learns to love him, that's great, but even an arranged marriage wouldn't require pretending to love someone you've just met.  Even people who marry when they're madly in love/lust learn more about each other after they've been married a while, things that either deepen affection or lead to divorce.

Do you think he really loves her?  I don't.

No he doesn't love her. Like alot of the Americans on this show he wants to own her.   

• Love 6