Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Jon is worried about Lucy's toothpaste???    He seems obsessed with teeth brushing.   This is a thing for him. 

still reading through - sorry if this is already posted - but maybe Lucy spit up like Jon did on the sidewalk. 

• Love 7

Hubby and I travel overseas frequently. (We are American).  Angela is the entire package of an “American” as seen through the eyes of Europeans.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Did Jesse say something to the effect that he needs to manage Darcy's expectations and blah blah blah and then he gives her written love note??? No wonder Darcy's all confused.

Right?!? He is one giant mind fuck for Darcy. He totally knows how to play her.

• Love 3

So, I have a couple conspiracy theories about these crazy kids.

I  think Jon has suffered some form of traumatic head injury. I’m not sure if it came  before the fight while he was at the “unis” or after, but head trauma would account for his “slow” moments, possible anger issues aand his inability to handle almost any kind of stress, ie, gurgling baby...WTF?!? This might also explain why a man who was at uni is now a garbage sorter. Getting into university in Europe is generally more challenging than it is in the US. Now, garbage sorting is good honest work, but it is quite a fall from qualifying to be in an academic environment.

As for Karine, girlfriend is def preggers. She is paunchy, bloated and full of pregnancy acne. I don’t care what she TOLD Paul about the pregnancy test, that stick was positive. I love how Paul is so determined to catch Karine out for possible cheating because he doesn’t trust her, and yet the dolt doesn’t even know how to read the test!! He takes her effing word for it?!?! Paul doesn’t want  to know the truth. He just wants to be led down the primrose path. Also in support of my Karine is PG theory, we see Paul is n the previews Skyping Mother to tell her that he wants to marry  Karine and that she wants a baby right away!! Girlfriend is setting the stage for a wedding night conception and a “premature” baby 8 months later.

As for Melissa, braces dont mean she is a kid. I know a lot of adults...some even in their 40s who are getting their teeth fixed. And I even know a few adults who have homework.

Now we know where Ricky’s money is probably going. The last schmo or two probably paid for her boobs and butt. ;-) 

• Love 22
8 hours ago, MegD said:

This was also filmed around Christmas, judging by the Christmas tree seen at St. Paul's Cathedral when they passed it and the tree at Rachel's house. It gets dark quick at night. I was there from Boxing Day until New Year's Eve and we were surprised how fast it became absolutely pitch black outside in the evenings.

Off-topic - I was also in London for Christmas and New Years!  What a gorgeous city that time of year (frickin' cold though), and the fireworks are beautiful.

Back on topic.  While this week's episode was a shitshow as usual, it was kind of meh for me and I was only half watching.  I can't decide about Hazel.  I vacillated between being so sorry that her circumstances were such that she thought this was her only option, and thinking she was one stone cold lady.  I hope she is honest with Tariq that he is just the ticket out for her and her kid.  While I think Tariq is swayed by her looks, I also think he's convinced himself that it is true love.  It's not, that I can tell.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, EllaDisco said:

She spent all her money getting to Nigeria.  She has nothing left for frivolous things like underwear.

Lol. And Snarkfish you crack me up. Even if there was a Soma within 100 miles of Angie they don't carry sizes that large. She needs a Lady Grace intervention!

I felt bad for Hazel  She wore her best dress. Tarik hadn't showered in DAYS and kept hanging all over her. WTF !  I always wish for smellivision when I watch the British Baking shows but am thanking my lucky stars that the technology isn't here yet. So many airports have minute suites and airline clubs that you can pay to use for hours and they have showers. At least change into fresh clothes. I travel a lot and still get grossed out by smelling like the plane i.e. all of the passenger's compressed farts  Rachel has an excuse because of the baby but the other folks are gross. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:
On 8/19/2018 at 8:19 PM, Sofiyya said:

I'm not as hard on Jesse as a lot of people are.  Darcy's so insecure that she's been painful for me to watch.  I doubt I'd know how to resolve that either.

I'm with you.   When she yelled at him and stormed out of the restaurant but then cried the love of my life I gagged.  She's too old for this crap so it's just pathetic.  If you're that unhappy you leave, you don't try to 'do better' and hope they 'love you again'.  All I see in her rants is that she's playing out some issues she grew up with, which in the end has nothing to do with a partner but everything to do with what's inside

Although he can be cold and distant, I find him to be the only real adult of the show. He seems to be quite levelheaded about the whole experience. He does not want to parent Darcey’s daughters, he is not willing to propose for the cameras, he does not seem to be looking at moving to the US or with Darcey and he seems to see Darcey with realistic eyes.

Darcey really needs a fashion makeover, NOW. With the Channel too big for her bag, the Louboutins shoes too high for her, the hair too long for her and the pants too tight for her—- she looked like the matriarch of all three children. 

• Love 13

Nigerian ladies come CORRECT...they wouldn't even go to the bathroom dressed like that.

Oh, Lucy's precious munchkin face! I have never wanted to have kids, but if you could order one like that, I might be interested.

Color me stunned that there is a kinda-sorta Hazel, and further stunned that I'm rooting for her.

• Love 14

If Hazel were a poor American girl of equal or better looks spitting this same game, she’d be called all kinds of opportunistic, bad mom, gold digging bishes. I highly doubt Tarik would be busting out an engagement ring after two weeks for her. He can find a girl right in Va Beach to tell him, I don’t really want your fat ass, I just want your money. All while catching the Holy Ghost. No visa necessary.

Team Ari. Team Lucy and unknown sibling. Team Aspen and other kid. And team Ricky’s kids. 

I would be pleased with Hazel bleeding Tarik’s stupid ass dry, but I want Ari to have an inheritance. 

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 11
On 8/19/2018 at 8:10 PM, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Melissa thinks Ricky is an idiot. She would be correct.

For a second I forgot Michael Jackson was dead.  She looks just like that mug shot of him.

• Love 10
On 8/19/2018 at 9:27 PM, Adeejay said:

Michael’s, “her stature is bigger and she looks older than her picture”, reminded me of Azan’s “Nicole is a little bit big.”

She could be Sam Kinison’s lost sister.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

If Hazel were a poor American girl of equal or better looks spitting this same game, she’d be called all kinds of opportunistic, bad mom, gold digging bishes. I highly doubt Tarik would be busting out an engagement ring after two weeks for her. He can find a girl right in Va Beach to tell him, I don’t really want your fat ass, I just want your money. All while catching the Holy Ghost. No visa necessary.

Team Ari. Team Lucy and unknown sibling. Team Aspen and other kid. And team Ricky’s kids. 

That's because in America it is seen as a sketchy was to find a spouse.  In other countries, there are arranged marriages and poor people look for someone to look after them.  But if a young, good looking American woman wanted to marry a rich, older guy and they were both on board with the arrangement, I wouldn't have a problem with it.  I might snicker unbelievingly if they claimed it was true love but it's their choice.

As for the engagement ring, if it was Ricky, he would have already proposed.  Maybe Ricky and Tarek could change places?

• Love 3
On 8/19/2018 at 9:52 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

I thought she had a "rode hard and put away wet" look myself.

Those cam sites are filled with Colombian women.  Must be hard to make a buck down there.

Edited by Spike
Typo
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Gobi said:

As an aside, I just started watching this train wreck last season. It seems that in all the couples with a noticeable age difference, the older one is always American. Has it ever been the opposite?

Evelyn and David. He was 27 and she was 18. And they started messaging when she was 17 which was creepy.

• Love 2

Ricky is such a schmuck. Are there really people that are this desperate? 

I don't know why Rachel and Jon irk me. There's something about them that rubs me the wrong way.

I think Angela is a hoot. I'd love to hang out with her. However, her romance with Michael is not for the long haul. I kind of like Michael though..taking one for the green card!

• Love 6
On 8/19/2018 at 7:31 PM, AussieBabe said:

Tarik...she may not have kissed you because you had been travelling 20-30 hours, had an overnight layover, still had on the same clothes, and probably weren't fresh as a blossoming rose! 

Terik, maybe she didn't kiss you because she does not like or care for you. Isn't she the one who rejected his Skype call because she's too shy?  She's not 'in love' with him, all she wants is a ticket to a better life. Won't Annie be jealous when she sees this! Hazel is getting a man who has a job, nice house, and sperm while she's stuck with David Poor! And I bet her parents are not even going to make Terik trade them any water buffalo!

I thought that Melissa looked a bit like that youngest Kardashian (Jenner?) girl, the one obsessed with fat lips and make up.  I wonder if she will ever make room in her busy schedule for Ricky.

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Man, Hazel sure was upfront about her goals, wasn't she? Even Anfisa gave some lip service to how she liked Jorge for some reason or another, but Hazel was laser-focused on meeting an American man and having a life in America. Give her points for honesty, maybe?

I think the reason I'm having trouble having much sympathy for Hazel's position is that when she talks about what she wants she seems to feel completely entitled to whatever she wants however she has to get it. She didn't seem to be offering love, nor affection, but possibly only bare tolerance in return.

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, renatae said:

I think the reason I'm having trouble having much sympathy for Hazel's position is that when she talks about what she wants she seems to feel completely entitled to whatever she wants however she has to get it. She didn't seem to be offering love, nor affection, but possibly only bare tolerance in return.

Wondering if there's a contest going on between Hazel, Jesse and Melissa to see who's the least interested in being with "the love of their lives". These people are not happy clams.  

• Love 8
17 hours ago, MegD said:

This was also filmed around Christmas, judging by the Christmas tree seen at St. Paul's Cathedral when they passed it

Given that both St. Paul's and the London Eye were visible on their drive, they were totally going in the wrong direction from Paddington to Weston-super-Mare.  Presumably, this was producer-driven as well.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Do we know why that is?  They can't really think they'll be incognito, right?

I thought in Azan's case it was because Nicole couldn't correctly say (or remember) his name.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MsSilverSpecs said:

Ricky is such a schmuck. Are there really people that are this desperate? 

I don't know why Rachel and Jon irk me. There's something about them that rubs me the wrong way.

I think Angela is a hoot. I'd love to hang out with her. However, her romance with Michael is not for the long haul. I kind of like Michael though..taking one for the green card!

Ricky is the male equivalent to Darcy, thirsty and desperate to have someone, anyone in their life.  Ricky is a schmuck.  

If Baby Lucy was crying why didn't Jon sing to her?  For two people who met on a karaoke site (really, there is one?) there was not singing between them.  

Ewww. Angela, ewww.  Gross, loud, ignorant, I would not like to hang out with her.  Poor Michael, there is no way he could be in love with her, he is embarrassed by her. 

My question is, if all these people who flew to some country to meet the love of their life, (if I hear that one more time!!!) spent all their money to get there then how do they think they can afford the fiancé visa or airfare for the lotf to fly home with them?

And what about that guy who has the small child at home, the one he says is his whole world?  Bringing a 24 year old home to be an instant mother to a 5 year old is one thing but he said his child was autistic, what about her own child...this is if she would be allowed to take her child out of her country/being okay with the father. That is asking a lot from a girl who is not really in to you.  Does she know she will be stuck at home all day with a strangers child who has issues?  Does she know she will not be able to work or drive and most likely will be isolated from her culture?  His plane ticket mishap confused me, he did not have a seat confirmation so he had to buy a new ticket?  He certainly took that purchase in stride, maybe not the 11 hour layover but the ticket price was no big deal?

Darcy's vocabulary consists of marriage, step dad, father or fodder in Jesse's native tongue.  Even her girls look like they are tired of her desperation and BTW, her girls are beautiful! 

Jesse types out some bullshit in a fancy font from his computer and Darcy thinks he hung the moon, she takes a boat ride and then cut to her lying in bed crying.

She needs some meds for the mood swings then some therapy to help with not making everything so dramatic and some confidence building exercises.  I think Jesse is probably not so bad but all we see is his reaction to Desperate Darcy and given the chance to be with an age appropriate woman who is mentally strong he would probably be a nice guy. 

It is exhausting that everything that Darcy does comes with the commentary about how they should get married and how Jesse will be a father/fodder soon, are you ready for that? Huh are you? Why don't you answer me Jesse? Huh? Don't you love me?  Why don't you love me? Your are the love of my life...ugh.

Melissa, Hazel and the rest must have watched some episodes of this show, they must feel like it is some weird American game show.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, fountain said:

Jon’s stress bugs me. I guess it sort explains to me why he hunted down an online long distance relationship as he just has so few coping skills. A baby crying from being tired and hungry stresses  you out so much you have to leave for tea? Lucy was pretty mild as far as babies go. IDK it just rubbed me all the wrong way. If Jon is that anxious he should seek help as he seems stressed too easily. Rachel went on an international flight and got stood up at the airport all with a baby and didn’t freak for even one second. 

sure he's stressed, he's trying to figure out how to get the hell out of this disaster in the making!

8 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Although he can be cold and distant, I find him to be the only real adult of the show. He seems to be quite levelheaded about the whole experience. He does not want to parent Darcey’s daughters, he is not willing to propose for the cameras, he does not seem to be looking at moving to the US or with Darcey and he seems to see Darcey with realistic eyes.

Totally agree.  And I think he sees her as some kind of project, like he's her therapist.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, renatae said:

It depends what people expectations ultimately are ... maybe she will simply serve as a wife role for him, help out with cooking, housework, and raising his daughter, and also yes sleeping with him, and she will in return have a nicer life, and if love grows, great. It reminds me of Matt and Alla but Hazel is very very upfront

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Granny58 said:

and I found myself feeling okay with that last night.  Hazel was quite honest about her motivation, a lot like Anfisa.  And if they each are satisfied with the arrangement, more power to them.  I actually admired her last night.

I did too!  She was promised 2 beds so I love that she put up the border, which he promptly ignored grabbing onto her hand and demanding a kiss uggh..  She has morals not to jump right into bed, it's refreshing!

Edited by noveltylibrary
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I thought the same thing about hooking Angela up with Molly to wrangle the girls.  They are both in Georgia.  

i took this the wrong way at first blehh lol

19 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Did Jesse say something to the effect that he needs to manage Darcy's expectations and blah blah blah and then he gives her written love note??? No wonder Darcy's all confused.

I think Darcy was confused long before Jesse came along!

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Gobi said:

Count me as someone who didn't think Melissa was real, or if she was, she didn't look anything like the photos. Still think she's scamming Ricky, though.

Speaking of Ricky, Melissa is the "love of his life", and he has no idea what she likes to do? She likes dancing and horseback riding and he doesn't. That never came up? I don't think couples have to have identical interests, but at least give it some thought. And how about saying "I don't normally feel confident dancing, but I would with you and I bet you could teach me some steps" or "I've never tried horseback riding, it sounds like fun." If you show up planning to propose to someone, you might want to know how compatible you are. Just sayin'.

Absolutely!  I cringed at his conversation:  I can't dance I was humiliated by my mother (yikes), I'll feel sorry for the horse I'm too fat (he's not obese), I'm terrified of flying, making crying noises.  What a man!!   Isn't a first date supposed to be your best self??

Edited by noveltylibrary
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

She has morals not to jump right into bed, it's refreshing!

That's not morals.  She's playing her game plan perfectly.

1 hour ago, LocalGovt said:

I thought in Azan's case it was because Nicole couldn't correctly say (or remember) his name.

She did call him by his real name once - when May ran off in the market.  So she knows his real name, and you can see the hamster wheel turning as she tries to remember to use his stage name.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think Rachel or Angela would be abusive either. 

You make some good points.  In the preview for next week it looked like Angela raises a hand to Michael’s face for a smack so I’m waiting to see if she is someone who gets physical or not.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Given that both St. Paul's and the London Eye were visible on their drive, they were totally going in the wrong direction from Paddington to Weston-super-Mare.  Presumably, this was producer-driven as well.

And that's a long drive after a long flight.  She was such an idiot to bring the baby.  And I didn't even know she had another kid.  She makes me sick.

4 minutes ago, Quof said:

That's not morals.  She's playing her game plan perfectly.

Agree to disagree.

• Love 6

Just catching up here:

Why can't Pole find a pair of pants that don't make him took like he is carrying a load in those droopy drawers? The on;y thing I can think of is that mom buys his clothes and brings them home and he wears them even if they are 3 sizes too big. I also wonder if Paul is on the spectrum and some people on the spectrum are very particular about how clothes feel. I think he may have a problem with anything that constricts him.  I LOLed at the pregnancy test. What the point of making Karine take the test of you have no idea how to read it? It's called the box, Paul. Read it and learn. What a doofus. 

Rachel and Jon - I have no idea if there is any chemistry, but poor Rachel looked so beat after a 12 hour plane trip and 3 hour car ride, not to mention dragging her stuff onto a train. She looked like she was ready to keel over. Jon is a little bit not too smart. I really don't get him at all. And the two of them, what's the long range plan? Jon seems pretty settled in the UK, with his family, job and friends. Plus he can't get a visa anyway. So is Rachel planning to move to the UK? Her older daughter has a father who seems to play an active part in her life, does she really think she can just take her to another country to live? 

I seriously don't get the Ricky/Melissa thing. Ricky thinks he found his hot latina, but is too dumb to figure out that he has been played for $$$. Either Melissa is a prostitute or just a young girl who is making money scamming stupid guys online, it really doesn't matter. 

Hazel seems so sad. She doesn't give me a Anfisa vibe at all. She just wants out of poverty and wants her son. She isn't jealous that Tarik might have hooked up with his ex, she's worried she might not have him to take her to the US. Tarik represents an escape from her life in  Manila and a chance to have her son with her. The only currency she has is sex, so she is using it. I still don't get how it took 2 days to fly to Manila. He lives in VA beach. That's one flight to a hub in the US, then to another hub in Asia and the final leg to Manila. That's a 24 hour trip.  Plus, dude, take off the gym shirt and put on a real shirt when you meet your lady love. Geez

Angela no words. She pretty much tackled him at the airport, to the amusement of the onlookers. The shirt with the pit stains and cut out back exposing her Playtex super heavy duty bra was just gross. Michael looked like he was being led to the gulag. Again, what's the game plan here? Michel is going to come to the states? And live in Bumblefuck GA in the doublewide with the kids, grandkids and grandma? Oh, yeah, he will be welcomed in that community, NOT! And Angela keeps going on about how expensive the trip was, can she even afford to sponsor him? 

I won't comment on Darcy because the whole thing is fake for the cameras to keep them on reality TV.  

• Love 24
16 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

What the point of making Karine take the test of you have no idea how to read it? It's called the box, Paul. Read it and learn. What a doofus. 

The instructions were probably written in Portuguese.  He probably reads it as well as he speaks it.  Not. At. All.  

. . . and how does he know she even peed on the stick?  She may have gone into the bathroom, peed, took the stick out of the box, flushed the toilet, washed her hands (we hope), then came out.  Unless he saw her do the deed, that test stick is no proof of anything.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

Absolutely!  I cringed at his conversation:  I can't dance I was humiliated by my mother (yikes), I'll feel sorry for the horse I'm too fat (he's not obese), I'm terrified of flying, making crying noises.  What a man!!   Isn't a first date supposed to be your best self??

Maybe that is his best self?!

• Love 11
1 minute ago, EllaDisco said:

Maybe that is his best self?!

I once had a lunch date with a man that told me he had nothing offer anyone. Whether he was bluffing or not it was a turn off.  That was our last date.

Ricky needs confidence but if he keeps setting himself for fails he will never feel good about himself.  Showing up for a big romantic date with a girl who never promised him any of that sort of thing...sad.  That girl hardly made time for him and is happy with the crumbs.

32 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Rachel and Jon - I have no idea if there is any chemistry, but poor Rachel looked so beat after a 12 hour plane trip and 3 hour car ride, not to mention dragging her stuff onto a train. She looked like she was ready to keel over. Jon is a little bit not too smart. I really don't get him at all. And the two of them, what's the long range plan? Jon seems pretty settled in the UK, with his family, job and friends. Plus he can't get a visa anyway. So is Rachel planning to move to the UK? Her older daughter has a father who seems to play an active part in her life, does she really think she can just take her to another country to live? 

Jon looks so vacant and that open mouth smile...like I could hear the wind blowing around in his head.  But he seems nice albeit probably plagued with anxiety that has kept him living with mum and vomiting at the thought of something other than his regular routine.  See, these are the things you need to know before you proclaim your undying love for a virtual stranger...the day to day stuff is so important.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

You make some good points.  In the preview for next week it looked like Angela raises a hand to Michael’s face for a smack so I’m waiting to see if she is someone who gets physical or not.

I did not see that! I will eat my words then thank you. 

• Love 1

I wonder if any of these people have made long term plans. Two weeks is a drop in the ocean compared to living with someone every day.

Who's going to help sponsor Michael? Angela was crying over a $300 pawn shop ring, and she has an ill mother, so she doesn't act like she's rolling in dough. The only advantage is she doesn't have minor children. I don't know what the income requirements are.

Pretty sure Paul and Karine haven't discussed anything like day to day life or where they will live. Hell, they can't even progress beyond the point of translator apps and his trust issues. Not saying Karine's cheating, but I'd be more concerned about STDs than pregnancy. Getting married in Brazil is lovely, but what's the plan after that?

Rachel has another child with her ex-husband, and I'm not sure whether it was her idea/their idea/his idea to blur out the child's face. If Jon was denied entry to even board the plane to the States and the process to move to the UK is nothing shy of lengthy and expensive, are they going to maintain a long distance relationship/marriage? Are they going to appeal if he gets denied for the K1? Are they going to try for the spousal visa, so her oldest child will have both parents? Like others have said, I doubt the oldest child's father will just be like, "Sure, take my daughter away from me, so you can go live in a foreign country." What happens if the bio father of Lucy steps back in the picture and wants to assert his rights?

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, renatae said:

This⬆️. I do feel for her in her situation with her son, until something occurred to me. 1. We have no proof what she is saying is true.  Where would one go to even verify the Philippine records online and 2. Who’s to say her kid is still in the Philippines. If she’s as poor as she says, and I don’t necessarily doubt her, she has probably searched for American men before. For all we know, her kid could be half American, and living in the states.  She never made mention of who or where the dad is, and something feels fishy.  Will she be able to take her son to the US with her, or is he already there?  Who knows, but I don’t put it past her. 

As @renatae said, she does have some entitlement issues.  Perhaps that has contributed to her situation.  Is she one of those people who feels she should have exactly what she wants because of who she is or how she looks, without any effort on her part?  Why is it okay for her to marry up and live a middle class life because that’s what she wants and think she deserves?  What is she bringing to the table? Certainly mot personality, affection, or companionship.  And she had the nerve to be judgemental about his weight like she could do any better.  Alla said that she wasn’t in love with Matt, but gave the impression she would and could grow to care for him. And Alla was very appreciative of the venue Matt’s mom found for the wedding even though she wanted something different.  I don’t see that happening with Witch Hazel.  She looks like she will demand shit like Daya, just for being Hazel. Granted, part of that is on Tarik for making her think she's the cat’s pajamas.   

I know poor people in poor countries live hard lives, and have to make tough decisions. I’m not downplaying the seriousness of their poverty.  But there are schemers, scammers, gold diggers, and assholes in every country.  She could be one of them and doesn’t get an automatic pass just because she’s poor or destitute.  As y’all have already pointed out, if she were American doing this, she’d be called a gold digger even though American women are often in rough situations too.  I think she figured her most valuable commodity is her looks, and she intends to cash in, but her attitide is shitty.  

Maybe I’m wrong but that’s my take after thinking about it more.  

• Love 17
31 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I did not see that! I will eat my words then thank you. 

I just checked the TLC website to make sure I was remembering it correctly.  You may have missed it as it is in the previews, right after he calls her fat.  

5470357E-E72F-4063-8E14-A332A1ED9FD7.jpeg

• Love 2

I about died when Hazel called Tarik chubby.  How about that solar eclipse happening on top of his head?  Probably didn't advertise that and the spare tire much.

The Americans are all terrible. 

• Love 8

She didn't seem to be offering love, nor affection, but possibly only bare tolerance in return.

Do you love your boss, or your customers?

I think Tarik is a nice-looking middle-aged man. Physically, he's about the right level for me, and I'm a nice-looking middle-aged lady. Not the right level for a cute 25-year-old unless she's looking for a professional transaction. Of course, he's an idiot, so that brings the sexiness level down several clicks.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

Pretty sure Paul and Karine haven't discussed anything like day to day life or where they will live. Hell, they can't even progress beyond the point of translator apps and his trust issues. Not saying Karine's cheating, but I'd be more concerned about STDs than pregnancy. Getting married in Brazil is lovely, but what's the plan after that?

Pole said that if the pegcy test was negative, he would be satisfied and trust Karine. I was screaming sure dude at the TV. He won't allow her out of his sight for fear that she will cheat. He will want to control her devices. He will dog her about every person she speaks with or has eye contact with. I hope she's ready for that. He's just one of those guys who will be forever suspici

50 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I know poor people in poor countries live hard lives, and have to make tough decisions. I’m not downplaying the seriousness of their poverty.  But there are schemers, scammers, gold diggers, and assholes in every country.  She could be one of them and doesn’t get an automatic pass just because she’s poor or destitute.

Granted, but that's Tarik's responsibility to make sure that he doesn't get played. Or that he goes into it with the full knowledge that she is marrying him for the green card, not out of love. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Do you love your boss, or your customers?

I think Tarik is a nice-looking middle-aged man. Physically, he's about the right level for me, and I'm a nice-looking middle-aged lady. Not the right level for a cute 25-year-old unless she's looking for a professional transaction. Of course, he's an idiot, so that brings the sexiness level down several clicks.

If you're an older guy who wants the hot 25 year old, then put effort into it.  I'm more than ten years older than this guy and in better shape (but sans the hot 25 year old).  He's not bad, but he's soft and slovenly.  Get to a gym, lose the spare tire, groom yourself, buy some good designer clothes.  You're a sugar daddy now, so play the role properly.  Because even with all that personal maintenance the 25 year old still isn't going to get with you unless you can offer her a nice home and a big income.  But she'll sure put a lot more energy into you than if you're just some schlub who's mailing it in.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 12

I am amazed that Rachel was able to fly with a baby by herself to Europe.  My husband and I adopted our daughters from China.  They were 8 months and 11 months old (they were not adopted at the same time).  I remember the 14-hour flights with a baby on my lap and it was DIFFICULT. even with my husband helping out.  I wonder if the filming crew helped out, because Rachel didn't seem that frazzled by the time she arrived in England.

• Love 1
On 8/19/2018 at 10:42 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

"I think it's wrong for her to call me dad" well Jon isn't exactly wrong on that, if the real father wants to be involved then they have no right to shut him out.

THIS is coming from the same guy who's name is on the birth certificate and not the bio dad as well as up to the comment point, Jon has been acting like he is bio dad. 

On 8/19/2018 at 11:52 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Something tells me Angela watched "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" and thinks she can live that out.

One of my favourite Angela Bassett films! But Stella in the movie was a successful stock broker, not some nurse or nurse's assistant living in a trailer. Then there is the fact that if Angela digs a bit, she will find out that the male character turned out gay and was using Stella for.. you guessed it! The green card. 

In the previews, I do not like the fact she slapped Micheal. Yeah, Micheal made an off comment and should have been more tackful (shades of asshole) about her weight, but no one should slap anyone. And TLC wouldn't have aired a man slapping a woman. So why ok for Marlboro Granny to slap Micheal?

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I just checked the TLC website to make sure I was remembering it correctly.  You may have missed it as it is in the previews, right after he calls her fat.  

5470357E-E72F-4063-8E14-A332A1ED9FD7.jpeg

I remember this part, she was trying to buy a local type dress to give her spandex leggings a break.  What I really caught was the look on her face-scary!

In regards to Karine's pregnancy test, for all Pole knows, she just ran it under the faucet.  If I were Karina's dad, I would have taken Pole's records to the police dept to have them check it out. Pole is just creepy. 

Angela is younger than I am but looks so much older. She could really improve on herself with a good haircut and wearing something besides leggings and T-shirts.  I'm not saying women over 50 have to wear polyester (my saying on my 50th birthday, I will never wear purple polyester), but there are items that would be a better fit to her body type.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

This⬆️. I do feel for her in her situation with her son, until something occurred to me. 1. We have no proof what she is saying is true.  Where would one go to even verify the Philippine records online and 2. Who’s to say her kid is still in the Philippines. If she’s as poor as she says, and I don’t necessarily doubt her, she has probably searched for American men before. For all we know, her kid could be half American, and living in the states.  She never made mention of who or where the dad is, and something feels fishy.  Will she be able to take her son to the US with her, or is he already there?  Who knows, but I don’t put it past her. 

As @renatae said, she does have some entitlement issues.  Perhaps that has contributed to her situation.  Is she one of those people who feels she should have exactly what she wants because of who she is or how she looks, without any effort on her part?  Why is it okay for her to marry up and live a middle class life because that’s what she wants and think she deserves?  What is she bringing to the table? Certainly mot personality, affection, or companionship.  And she had the nerve to be judgemental about his weight like she could do any better.  Alla said that she wasn’t in love with Matt, but gave the impression she would and could grow to care for him. And Alla was very appreciative of the venue Matt’s mom found for the wedding even though she wanted something different.  I don’t see that happening with Witch Hazel.  She looks like she will demand shit like Daya, just for being Hazel. Granted, part of that is on Tarik for making her think she's the cat’s pajamas.   

I know poor people in poor countries live hard lives, and have to make tough decisions. I’m not downplaying the seriousness of their poverty.  But there are schemers, scammers, gold diggers, and assholes in every country.  She could be one of them and doesn’t get an automatic pass just because she’s poor or destitute.  As y’all have already pointed out, if she were American doing this, she’d be called a gold digger even though American women are often in rough situations too.  I think she figured her most valuable commodity is her looks, and she intends to cash in, but her attitide is shitty.  

Maybe I’m wrong but that’s my take after thinking about it more.  

This a thousand times yes. There are dozens of young, impoverished, beautiful single moms in dire straits who live just down the street me. Wrecking ball came through and tore down most of the public housing to build expensive new condos. The former hospital had to be converted into a homeless shelter and its filled to capacity with women and children. I pass by women living in tents on my way to work. But if those women posted filtered thirst trap photos online and stared into a camera with dead eyes talking about how they’re not attracted to a fat dude from VA Beach, but will gladly use him for a come up, I can only imagine the level of sympathy. “Shoulda used birth control“ or “McDonalds is hiring!” But because this chick is foreign and Tarik is dead set on fulfilling a fetish, she’s a desperate, sympathetic figure and he’s willing to hop on 5 planes to get to her hot stuff. Please. 

Darcy, could’ve stopped right in New York, let Jesse out, and picked up any old American millennial douche bag who would talk to her any type of way. Why import one? Her daughters friends probably have some older brothers they can hook her up with.

I’ve met my fair share of Rickys in my lifetime. Self-deprecating, yet somehow entitled guys who never made it past a first date, and mistook politeness for chemistry. They usually turn into jerks when you tell them you’re not interested. He’s so clueless. It was cringeworthy watching his false bravado stance of “I’m leaving if she’s not here by 9:15!” I could tell, in his head, he was thinking, “Okay, 10:20-ish...but I’m gonna be sooo mad!”

Angela’s disgusting in many ways.

• Love 16

I figured that Melissa didn't exist when the producers didn't do the usual "24 hours earlier" back story on her. But then we all got fooled when she emerged in the end. I wonder if they actually did get any other footage of her or if what we saw is it. 

• Love 3