Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Granted, but that's Tarik's responsibility to make sure that he doesn't get played. Or that he goes into it with the full knowledge that she is marrying him for the green card, not out of love. 

No doubt, Tarik is a world-class chump. He does seem like a loving father though, so I can’t snark too much in him for that reason.   His daugter looks happy and healthy, so he’s doing something right.  

• Love 8

Polo, Pole, Pole! I kept thinking did his ex get pregnant while they were together and he ultimately was not the father. Why this obsession with a pegnacy test? You guys are right it is not because of a past pregnancy but because he is unbelievably stupid! Although didn’t he insist on both an STD and pregnancy test last time? 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Quof said:

She had the bassinet seat, so wasn't holding the baby most of the flight.   Although she would have to hold her whenever the "fasten seat belt" sign was on. 

True.  We weren't lucky enough to get a bassinet seat (we were on a plane full of newly adopted babies).  But even with the bassinet seat, she seemed to do remarkably well with Lucy.  But then again, Lucy seems like a pretty chill baby.  And as much as I dislike Rachel, Lucy is one cute baby! 

13 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

This a thousand times yes. There are dozens of young, impoverished, beautiful single moms in dire straits who live just down the street me. Wrecking ball came through and tore down most of the public housing to build expensive new condos. The former hospital had to be converted into a homeless shelter and its filled to capacity with women and children. I pass by women living in tents on my way to work. But if those women posted filtered thirst trap photos online and stared into a camera with dead eyes talking about how they’re not attracted to a fat dude from VA Beach, but will gladly use him for a come up, I can only imagine the level of sympathy. “Shoulda used birth control“ or “McDonalds is hiring!” But because this chick is foreign and Tarik is dead set on fulfilling a fetish, she’s a desperate, sympathetic figure and he’s willing to hop on 5 planes to get to her hot stuff. Please. 

Darcy, could’ve stopped right in New York, let Jesse out, and picked up any old American millennial douche bag who would talk to her any type of way. Why import one? Her daughters friends probably have some older brothers they can hook her up with.

I’ve met my fair share of Rickys in my lifetime. Self-deprecating, yet somehow entitled guys who never made it past a first date, and mistook politeness for chemistry. They usually turn into jerks when you tell them you’re not interested. He’s so clueless. It was cringeworthy watching his false bravado stance of “I’m leaving if she’s not here by 9:15!” I could tell, in his head, he was thinking, “Okay, 10:20-ish...but I’m gonna be sooo mad!”

Angela’s disgusting in many ways.

I agree with you for the most part.  The difference is that I think that an American woman is more likely to have an education and access to jobs or government programs to help her out.  Maybe an American would have better access to birth control?  I don't know how that works in the Philippines.  You make a great point, however, about women in the USA being stuck in homeless shelters with their kids.  I also think Hazel isn't offering much in return for Tarik besides her mere presence.  She's not exactly turning up the charm like most "sugar babies" would!

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Angela is younger than I am but looks so much older. She could really improve on herself with a good haircut and wearing something besides leggings and T-shirts.  I'm not saying women over 50 have to wear polyester (my saying on my 50th birthday, I will never wear purple polyester), but there are items that would be a better fit to her body type.

I am Angela's age and while I don't look 21, almost no one thinks I am in my 52. I usually get a 40, 41. 

25 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Angela is younger than I am but looks so much older. She could really improve on herself with a good haircut and wearing something besides leggings and T-shirts.  I'm not saying women over 50 have to wear polyester (my saying on my 50th birthday, I will never wear purple polyester), but there are items that would be a better fit to her body type.

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, GoGamecox said:

I figured that Melissa didn't exist when the producers didn't do the usual "24 hours earlier" back story on her. But then we all got fooled when she emerged in the end. I wonder if they actually did get any other footage of her or if what we saw is it. 

I think in the previous 24 hours she's been in various hotel rooms, which is why TLC didn't have any footage they could use.

• Love 21
On 8/12/2018 at 8:40 PM, Mercolleen said:

I am fascinated by the airplane baby shelves!

They're fold-down bassinets.  They're typically only available in the first aisle, since they take up so much room, and they're first-come, first-serve.  I would have loved to have gotten one on the 14 hour plane ride home from China when we adopted our daughter, but they were snatched up fast.  I'm more fascinated at how calm Lucy is.  Do you think Rachel ground up a Valium and mixed it in her bottle?  

• Love 2

@charmed1 I agree with you- because despite problems the USA has, being a native English speaker and a USC still has global currency.

A poor unemployed single mother in a major city in the USA has more opportunities and a lesser power differential than the Hazels of the world. Men like Tariq want a Hazel for a reason- not saying she’s a horrible human being or going to hurt him or something, but this is Capt Save a Ho on steroids. (He’s more likely to hurt her in this situation, but I don’t think Tariq is that type). 

1 hour ago, lucy711 said:

I agree with you for the most part.  The difference is that I think that an American woman is more likely to have an education and access to jobs or government programs to help her out.  Maybe an American would have better access to birth control?  I don't know how that works in the Philippines.  You make a great point, however, about women in the USA being stuck in homeless shelters with their kids.  I also think Hazel isn't offering much in return for Tarik besides her mere presence.  She's not exactly turning up the charm like most "sugar babies" would!

Yes you have a point. Women in those situations are also prime targets for abusers looking to exploit their bad circumstances or get access to their kids. 

Hazel just met the guy. If he ends up actually offering marriage and a chance to move to the USA I’m sure she will be warmer. 

• Love 6

Here's my theory about Melissa. She had no intention of showing up at the restaurant until somehow the production company tracked her down and offered to pay her for filming the restaurant scene. That was the end of her obligation. From the previews, it looks like she's ghosting do-rag wearing Ricky on their date the next day and we might never see her again, however they'll keep filming Ricky's attempts to find her and his excuses for why she's MIA. After all, he charmed her! But, if she's ever filmed again, it's because they're paying her to bring the drama. 

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Drogo said:

"I would feel bad riding a horse because I'm so fat" should never be on the list of things men say to women they're hoping to get on top of someday. 

Hahahahahaha! And the most beautiful thing of all is that poor old hapless dumbdumb Ricky thought that he was charming! He was witty! The ghosts of Oscar Wilde, Cole Porter, Dorothy Parker and Mark Twain are weeping in the afterlife, wishing the could have raconteur'ed as smoothly as our Ricky.

• Love 17

Color me surprised that Melissa actually showed up!  She seems uninterested though.

Dear Ricky, she's just not that into you.

I sort of feel bad for Hazel that she would sell herself to a man she doesn't find attractive just because she thinks he has money and it's her ticket to getting her son back.  It makes Tarque look even more creepy.  I do not think she would be a good stepmom to an autistic child.

Angela -no words, she's like a grown up honey booboo, I'm FROM georgia and I still have a hard time believing that people like this exist.

Jesse/Darcy- I tuned them out.  They are famewhores in a sham relationship.

Rachel- I get that she's tired, but go take care of your own baby who knows only you!  The only way Jon should be holding her is if Rachel is right beside him at first; b/c little Lucy doesn't really know who that is yet.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 10

If Hazel claims "no sex until marriage" I can see Tarik immediately taking her to the courthouse in Manila for a quickie wedding. 

I like how Melissa wore the same dominatrix top to the restaurant that she wore in the photo she sent Ricky. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6

This season every episode should end with 5 minutes of baby Lucy just sitting there looking at things, smiling, etc. as a reward/wind down for making it through the previous 1 hour 55 minute full on assult to the senses (especially visually, that includes commercials).  I cringe and cover my face more watching this than I do a horror movie. 

• Love 23
45 minutes ago, magemaud said:

If Hazel claims "no sex until marriage"

Wouldn't that have been something they would have talked about, religion, veiws on premarital sex, Star Wars vs. Star Trek, favorite foods, etc... before proclaiming undying love for a total stranger?

8 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

This season every episode should end with 5 minutes of baby Lucy just sitting there looking at things, smiling, etc. as a reward/wind down for making it through the previous 1 hour 55 minute full on assult to the senses (especially visually, that includes commercials).  I cringe and cover my face more watching this than I do a horror movie. 

Yes, that baby is adorable and yes we should be rewarded for having to sit thru the sex romp of Angie and Michael, eww, eww, eww.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Gobi said:

Ricky seems like a nice guy. He really can't find anyone in the US? His female friend at the restaurant was very attractive. She doesn't have any friends she could introduce to him?

yes, he could!  We already know he has had at least 2 relationships.  But I get the impression that he is all about the infatuation and when that fades (as it inevitably does) then he thinks the love is gone.  He will only be able to have a real relationship when he stops being a 14 year old girl.  

• Love 12

I think Angela, like Nicole, is going to go after what she wants no matter what anyone says.  Michael clearly told her to stop (in the car and elsewhere) but she didn't.  That is unwarranted/unwanted sexual harassment.  I guess the difference is that they are overseas and she is a female pushing the unwanted advances.  Yes, Michael might think that this is what he has to do in order to get to America, but that is what women for generations thought (this is what I do for the job, etc.). That's the basis of #metoo.  Yet Angela is seen as outgoing and fun.  I just can't with her.  She will bulldoze him just like Nicole bulldozed those around her.  She really doesn't amuse me.

Rachel seems like she totally wanted the insta-family.  Even to the point of not changing her top/brushing her hair before finally meeting Jon.  It's like 'we're in love-nothing else matters.'  Rachel most likely went into a family restroom (WC) at the airport to change Lucy, so why not change your top and freshen up at the same time?

I totally think Karine lied about the pregnancy test results.  Well, Paul practically invited her to with his "what does it say?"  Paul, it shouldn't be too hard to read the box for a color and a sign (probably no words are necessary at all).

Darcy is just exhausting.  And, she keeps trying to force a relationship that nobody wants (stepfather) just like Molly with Luis.  Not going to turn out well. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Between constantly being subjected to the Jon barfing in the street scene and Dr. Pimple Popper commercials, I watch a lot through my fingers

9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

If Hazel claims "no sex until marriage"

Wouldn't that have been something they would have talked about, religion, veiws on premarital sex, Star Wars vs. Star Trek, favorite foods, etc... before proclaiming undying love for a total stranger?

She was probably "too shy" to discuss such things in the couple of weeks they've been penpals. All Tarik cares about is that she's BEAUTIFUL and kind. 

I re-watched the previews for next week. Angela appears to give Michael what SHE would probably consider a playful slap when he makes the fat comment (although I don't condone any type of hitting) and she says something that's bleeped out. Michael must have been extremely humiliated to have a loud aggressive woman act this way in the crowded marketplace in front of other Nigerians. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
On 8/20/2018 at 5:43 AM, LocalGovt said:

She needs to find a nice 50-something year old man in Georgia, to go out to eat and to tractor pulls with.

Another Four Weddings fan in the house by chance? This week's tractor pull couple in the '4 brides in a barn episode' was especially entertaining.

• Love 8
On 8/20/2018 at 10:14 AM, AussieBabe said:

I think he explained that he had burned down his home for the insurance money. I believe it was episode 1. Either way it goes, he's not someone I'd want any of my daughters to marry. 

I imagine him still standing right there, gas can and matches in hand, as the firemen and cops show up. DERP!

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 4

Ricky, “Melissa” is a boy. Got MAN HANDS. Wore a choker to cover the Adam’s apple, her neck looks thick, and that troweled-on makeup might cover stubble. From the get go I noticed she had a flat chest sporting two grapefruits. Ricky may be in for a crying game if they meet again and get “friendly.” Ricky looks just like Micky, the little person on “Seinfeld” who was also pursuing show business, except Micky was a ladykiller.

Darcey and Jesse—These dopes are just trying to keep their faces on reality TV. If Darcey is for real she needs major therapy, and to learn to stop talking 24/7 like Eartha Kitt doing “Santa Baby.” If this is for real, c’mon Adolf, you knew that Darcey would never go slowly about a relationship, has two daughters in the picture, and is seeking a father figure. For someone who constantly lectures others about their shortcomings, try taking a look at yourself for a change.

Angela—I like this lady. I can believe she’s got a lot of steam to blow off, working FT in a hospice caring for dying people, taking care of her dying mother, and looking after her kid and grandkids as well. I LOL’d when she complained she hadn’t had the D for a year, for some of us that's small change. I can’t believe that if Ang wanted a “fling,” she couldn't find one in her home area. IDK, maybe she really likes black men but in her town that’s not cool. I bet the bar she frequents sports a Confederate flag or two as do some of the guests' vehickels. 

I’d like to see TLC incorporate into the show a makeover for some of these folks, sort of a combo of “My 600 Lb. Life Lite," What Not To Wear, and nutrition and exercise.  Not for divas like Darcey or hopeless schlubs like Rachel, but hard-workin’ folks who could use a break, like Angela.

Tarik is an Elmer Fudd of color. “Shhh...be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbits. I mean, wimmens.” Who wears a buffalo-plaid hunting outfit and backwards cap to travel to a hot, humid country? Then strips down to a wifebeater, tattoos, and shorts to play a little pick-up basketball, I mean, meet the love of his life for the first time?  Can you imagine sitting next to those sweaty pits for 20 hours? And getting that seat on the return after he sweated all over it? Acting innocent about the one bed, whining about the barrier, making him kiss her...that's creepy,  entitled predator behavior. Hazel has those dead, sad eyes and affect that Jenny and Annie often have.  Their dates are blinded by scoring what they think is a “10.” The more "centerfold" a woman’s photos, the higher the chances that the American guy is a clueless dweeb using this as therapy for what he was put through in high school or his divorce.   

Five-Alarm Pole and Kreeny on My Weenie—you guys got this. The parents look sad, they expected their daughter to go off to a better life in the U.S. with a man who has it together, and instead they are getting this Reverse Peephole nightmare. 

Jon and Rachel—Jon’s head looks like a football and his beard like a bad paste-on job at a Christmas pageant. That boy ain’t right (e.g., vacuous look; constant puking from nerves, alcohol, bulimia?). He's used to a life arranged around Mustn’t Stress Jon... “I’m getting stressed!” “Shut that baby up, it’s STRESS!” Threatening “stress” is also a way to keep everybody in line. I'd think Mum would be happy that her Baby Ex-offender might have found a wife, but she and his sister, who know him best, are completely nonplussed and skeptical. What were they all thinking to have her travel at least 20 hours straight (including being stood up) and then have her and the kid go through socializing and a new, complicated space...jeez, spring for a night at a hotel. 

Edited by Tuneful
typo
  • Love 12
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:13 PM, Barbara Please said:

The guys/gal going abroad aren't easy on the eyes either.

There are several men in my hometown that have gone abroad and married  Filipino or Chinese women because they consider them more submissive than North American women. That was their words. They want someone willing to cook, clean, and sex them up every night with no nagging, or complaining. It's a total misconception they have of women in general. 

I don't know why some of you think it is a bad thing to go abroad to find a suitable life- partner?

As a single guy in America, most women don't even look at me. I would be lucky to land a lady like Rachel , you know;  broke, overweight, 2 kids with different guys in-tow, men-damaged and tons of baggage. This is what I probably could get here.... Or I can go in any Asian countries and get a young, child-free and beautiful woman. Someone with old fashioned values (Yes, some men appreciate this), God fearing, respectful and appreciative about the new life she will have in living in America.

Just my two cents.

I do like the show and also enjoy reading all of you.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Eric said:

As a single guy in America, most women don't even look at me. 

Really? I know lots of single woman who would like to meet a single guy, and the numbers of available ones drop as women get older. Maybe they want someone who doesn't have a criminal record...is employed...is not deeply angry or bitter..and doesn't abuse alcohol, drugs, or their GFs/wives. Height or handsomeness not as important as some other things. If this describes you, it's too bad you aren't connecting, or having luck. P.S. I have a brother who married a foreign woman for reasons that included those you mention and it ended in a nuclear divorce, in part because she missed her country, had previously unidentified mental illness, and thought he was too much of a wuss because he didn't order her around or beat her up, and made a teacher's salary. He is a great catch but at age 56 after 15 years of ex drama, he doesn't want to date. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 9
47 minutes ago, Eric said:

I don't know why some of you think it is a bad thing to go abroad to find a suitable life- partner?

As a single guy in America, most women don't even look at me. I would be lucky to land a lady like Rachel , you know;  broke, overweight, 2 kids with different guys in-tow, men-damaged and tons of baggage. This is what I probably could get here.... Or I can go in any Asian countries and get a young, child-free and beautiful woman. Someone with old fashioned values (Yes, some men appreciate this), God fearing, respectful and appreciative about the new life she will have in living in America.

Just my two cents.

I'm sorry to hear that.  I think that a lot of American women roll their eyes when guys look abroad for a foreign fiance because there is the stereotype that men want a woman who is submissive.  American women, even more traditional ones like myself, want to be treated as equal.  Please note I'm not suggesting that this is what you want or would like.

I think the other issue is that the men are in denial about their worth on the dating market in the USA.  Tarik and Ricky are not a "10," but that is what they seek.  Ditto Mark who married the young girl from the Philippines in the previous season.  All of these guys have had plenty of baggage of their own, and the only reason they are with these "hotties" are because they can help make these women US citizens. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Tuneful said:

Ricky, “Melissa” is a boy. Got MAN HANDS. Wore a choker to cover the Adam’s apple, her neck looks thick, and that troweled on makeup might cover a beard. From the get go I noticed she had a flat chest sporting two grapefruits.

OMG, yes!!! That's it! You nailed it!  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Dobian said:

If you're an older guy who wants the hot 25 year old, then put effort into it.  I'm more than ten years older than this guy and in better shape (but sans the hot 25 year old).  He's not bad, but he's soft and slovenly.  Get to a gym, lose the spare tire, groom yourself, buy some good designer clothes.  You're a sugar daddy now, so play the role properly.  Because even with all that personal maintenance the 25 year old still isn't going to get with you unless you can offer her a nice home and a big income.  But she'll sure put a lot more energy into you than if you're just some schlub who's mailing it in.

So right.  What if Hazel falls for Tarik's brother, who IMO was in better shape than Tarik.

5 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Angela -no words, she's like a grown up honey booboo, I'm FROM georgia and I still have a hard time believing that people like this exist.

That's exactly who Angela reminds me of, Alana all grown up, Alana, come see your future.

46 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

I think the other issue is that the men are in denial about their worth on the dating market in the USA.  Tarik and Ricky are not a "10," but that is what they seek.  Ditto Mark who married the young girl from the Philippines in the previous season.  All of these guys have had plenty of baggage of their own, and the only reason they are with these "hotties" are because they can help make these women US citizens. 

That is true of both the men and women, (see Dani, Nicole, Angela).  All three of those women wanted a "hot guy" to bring to the US. 

For some reason though, I'm not too sure about Michael and Angela, a part of me thinks that they're in this for the TLC money.  Maybe they did meet online, but Angela probably contacted the show and told Michael that they  could make a lot of money if they did it.  I wonder how much money Dani and Nicole have made on multiple seasons of this show.

10 hours ago, Drogo said:

I about died when Hazel called Tarik chubby.  How about that solar eclipse happening on top of his head?  Probably didn't advertise that and the spare tire much.

I literally just had a jag when I read this! I couldn’t even finish... I agree I doubt those things were ever talked about, I’m dying here ?

I get the impression that Angela wants her own show- she might really want to be with Micheal or she might just kind of like him and know he wants to come to the US so why not be on the show and make money and have the potential to be on future shows because she has a crazy personality.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, greekmom said:

THIS is coming from the same guy who's name is on the birth certificate and not the bio dad as well as up to the comment point, Jon has been acting like he is bio dad. 

One of my favourite Angela Bassett films! But Stella in the movie was a successful stock broker, not some nurse or nurse's assistant living in a trailer. Then there is the fact that if Angela digs a bit, she will find out that the male character turned out gay and was using Stella for.. you guessed it! The green card. 

In the previews, I do not like the fact she slapped Micheal. Yeah, Micheal made an off comment and should have been more tackful (shades of asshole) about her weight, but no one should slap anyone. And TLC wouldn't have aired a man slapping a woman. So why ok for Marlboro Granny to slap Micheal?

His name is on the birth certificate? How did I miss that? Regardless Jon is in love with the facade of "knight in shining armour " without the reality of what it takes to be a parent.

• Love 8

I wonder if these people like hazel are trying to get to other countries other then the US are we smug to think that the United States is so great that everyone wants a piece of it? It’s not even listed in the top ten countries to live in... I mean yes there are opportunities probably more then some places but you gotta work hard to live well and a lot of people live paycheck to paycheck and we do have a lot of poverty too... idk thoughts?

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Mainer said:

I wonder if these people like hazel are trying to get to other countries other then the US are we smug to think that the United States is so great that everyone wants a piece of it? It’s not even listed in the top ten countries to live in... I mean yes there are opportunities probably more then some places but you gotta work hard to live well and a lot of people live paycheck to paycheck and we do have a lot of poverty too... idk thoughts?

Probably, and as it's always been, people in other countries get their impressions about america through tv and movies. The 'streets are paved with gold" thing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

So right.  What if Hazel falls for Tarik's brother, who IMO was in better shape than Tarik.

Then Tarik is off the hook while being too dumb to realize it.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, greekmom said:

In the previews, I do not like the fact she slapped Micheal. Yeah, Micheal made an off comment and should have been more tackful (shades of asshole) about her weight, but no one should slap anyone. And TLC wouldn't have aired a man slapping a woman. So why ok for Marlboro Granny to slap Micheal?

TLC  also looked the other way while Anfisa hit, pushed, and slapped George.  It’s not OK for either partner to hit the other and TLC should do something —  maybe refuse to keep the couple on the show?  Maybe host a special about domestic violence?  Maybe help be abused partners contact the police?

• Love 9
On 8/20/2018 at 2:37 PM, millennium said:

Just to play devil's advocate, has Tarik shared that he's shamelessly exploiting a Third World woman's desperation in exchange for getting a Filipina "Angelina Jolie?"   Or that despite his cringeworthy "gentleman" charade, he expected to consummate his investment on the first night?

These losers who claim to "love" these girls after some texts and messages are embarrassing.   Hazel (and Melissa) seem to barely know these guys.

Well if Hazel is Angelina Jolie, Tariq is Billy Bob Thornton.  

• Love 9

Someone upthread said Angela is Nicole in 20 years.  I agree.  I also feel like Nicole is going to reach out to (if she hasn't already) Angela because she sees someone ELSE whose family doesn't approve of her overseas choice of boyfriend.  Where we've seen Danielle say that she has talked to Nicole and, well, Nicole will do what she wants to because she won't listen to anyone.... Angela is very similar to Nicole in that manner.  Angela probably wouldn't listen to Danielle either. 

(NO, TLC, I'M *NOT* ADVOCATING FOR A NICOLE AND ANGELA DATING SHOW, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO AND HELL NO.)

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Eric said:

Just my two cents.

It’s not a bad thing at all as long as one knows the transaction that is occurring.  She may be young, childless and beautiful but she doesn’t love you in the traditional sense.  She wants a different life.  She may grow to love you or she may grow to resent you when she revisits what she did.  Hazel doesn’t love Tarik.  Melissa doesn’t love Ricky.  Annie doesn’t love David.  Aika doesn’t love Josh.  Abby doesn’t love Sean. They say the words that translate to “You promised me and my family an easy life of wealth.”  If that’s love then have at it.

The flip side is finding love, regardless of geography.  A woman with baggage or kids might just be waiting for you...she’d love you forever and you’d think she was a queen....to me that’s worth more than youth, naïveté and transactional sex.

This show seems to show how these poor women start out as catches to their suitors but ultimately end up as naggy and demanding as American women lol.  

Would be cool to have a forum member go on the show though!  Heh 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

It’s not a bad thing at all as long as one knows the transaction that is occurring.  She may be young, childless and beautiful but she doesn’t love you in the traditional sense.  She wants a different life.  She may grow to love you or she may grow to resent you when she revisits what she did.  Hazel doesn’t love Tarik.  Melissa doesn’t love Ricky.  Annie doesn’t love David.  Aika doesn’t love Josh.  Abby doesn’t love Sean. They say the words that translate to “You promised me and my family an easy life of wealth.”  If that’s love then have at it.

The flip side is finding love, regardless of geography.  A woman with baggage or kids might just be waiting for you...she’d love you forever and you’d think she was a queen....to me that’s worth more than youth, naïveté and transactional sex.

This show seems to show how these poor women start out as catches to their suitors but ultimately end up as naggy and demanding as American women lol.  

I respect your point of view but  I do not see why it is a bad thing for a woman seeking a man who can provide her a better life. It happens in poorer countries and it does also happens here in America as well. Men seek beauty and youth and women seek a provider and security.,,always been. I think its a good trade of for both parties.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, AZChristian said:

. . . and how does he know she even peed on the stick?  She may have gone into the bathroom, peed, took the stick out of the box, flushed the toilet, washed her hands (we hope), then came out.  Unless he saw her do the deed, that test stick is no proof of anything.

I don't understand the point of the pregnancy test in the first place. Paul seems to think that a negative pregnancy test=Karine's fidelity. Um, does he realize it's possible to have sex without getting pregnant? (You can probably ask "does he realize it's possible" about Paul and many, many basic facts).

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I am really thinking about going overseas and hopefully meet someone I could share my life with... But not crazy enough to bring a camera crew with me! Sorry ahaha

• Love 2