Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E24: The Bow Tie Asymmetry

When Amy’s parents and Sheldon’s family arrive for the wedding, everybody is focused on making sure all goes according to plan – everyone except the bride and groom.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, AuntieL said:

Kripke singing At Last was perfection. 

I didn’t even realize that was him in the corner until he started singing.

Obviously a different Mrs. Fowler than we originally saw.  

But all around a great episode.  Stuart has a new love interest, Bark Hamill, Super Assymetry, the return of Laurie Metcalf, sweet sentimentalism from Sheldon, the tiara’s reappearance.

I could’ve done without Raj’s “Aha” to Missie.  Though I do recall her saying originally that he was a cutie pie.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 16
38 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Bark Hamill!  HA! 

ETA: That was probably the best episode all season.  But where were the Wolotots?

Probably with the Rostenkowski’s.  I didn’t need a throw-away line abt them, taking away any of the other dialog that was so perfect.

• Love 12

It's hard to believe Meemaw would miss Sheldon's wedding.  They never said why, did they?  I liked that the rest of Sheldon's family was there, but they hardly had any lines.  Not that I necessarily want them to have a bigger role, but it seemed like a waste.  Amy's folks were a hoot - even as horrible as her mother is.  The show certainly comes up with parents that all have different flavors.

• Love 12
(edited)

Really good episode. I was afraid with these writers we would get a trope heavy cliched snooze fest with misunderstanding and hijinks. Instead this was one of the best episodes they have done in a long while! 

Shiuld I ever get a dog, his name shall be Bark Hamill. I loved how perplexed Mark looked at all those Star Wars questions and how Stuart just knew all the answers. 

Was Kripe supposed to sing at the end? It was hilarious and weird all at the same time. 

I still cracked up when Penny said “I’m pumped” since it’s been in all the commercials. 

I was surprisingly touched during the vows. 

Nice use of all the family members too.

Edit: this link addresses why there was no Mee Maw. Show was running long and that was cut for time. Some other interesting stuff as well  

http://deadline.com/2018/05/the-big-bang-theory-finale-showrunner-steve-holland-wedding-guests-season-12-jim-parsons-1202383692/

Edited by msani19
  • Love 18
(edited)

That was AWESOME. 

I initially had my doubts about Jerry O'Connell as Georgie, but he's perfect.

Kripke singing At Last was icing on the cake, especially since that was my "first dance" wedding song. Love it!

@Madtown, great minds think alike, lol

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, Frost said:

Oh!  Sheldon's voiceover on Young Sheldon just referred to his wife!

Spoiler

And his children!

I must admit, this episode had it all. I laughed hysterically at Wolowitz screeching like a fangirl at Mark Hamill (although, how did they not know Luke Skywalker lived in their neighborhood?).

Amy and Sheldon's vows to each other made me cry, and I liked the conversations between Sheldon and Leonard, and Sheldon and his mom.

I never thought I would like Amy and Sheldon married, but I'm glad it happened. 

I love seeing Sheldon and Leonard do science -- I just watched a TBBT rerun where they write a paper and get punk'd by Stephen Hawking -- so their excitement at their potential discovery was fun to watch.

I loathed Amy's parents, and I groaned out loud when I realized they were doing Teller's tired shtick of not talking. Even Penny's takedown of Mrs. Fowler didn't redeem the characters. 

What was the point of making Missy pregnant and separated from her husband?

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Oh my god how did I not even think of the connection?! I love that movie.

I literally did a head smack just now when I read that.  That would have been so awesome!

• Love 21
Just now, Omeletsmom said:

I literally did a head smack just now when I read that.  That would have been so awesome!

Well, at least I'm not the only one. :-}

• Love 11
1 hour ago, msani19 said:

Was Kripke supposed to sing at the end? It was hilarious and weird all at the same time.

I remember when Kripke booked the venue Sheldon & Amy wanted, and then Sheldon was trying to talk him into letting him have it for that date.  I can't remember if Kripke gave in, but it seems like I do remember him negotiating with Sheldon by wanting to sing at the wedding.  I didn't think he gave in though.  Having said that, someone please correct me if I'm remembering this all wrong!  :)

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

But where were the Wolotots?

It was decided when the first pregnancy storyline happened that the baby (now babies) would never be seen, only heard,  because the cast doesn't care for children and didn't want them on the set.  Sorry, it's been a while, so I can't cite the article.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I can't remember if Kripke gave in, but it seems like I do remember him negotiating with Sheldon by wanting to sing at the wedding.  I didn't think he gave in though.  Having said that, someone please correct me if I'm remembering this all wrong!  :)

You are remembering correctly, although I think he wanted to sing Celebration.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

or two between Georgie and Wil Wheaton.  “Wanna see a dead body?”

OMG!  I completely blanked out Stand By Me!  I can't believe they didn't have any interaction at all!

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, DrScottie said:

As a big fan of Penn & Teller, I can't believe we just saw Teller speak. 

Ohhhh, that's who he was, I knew he was familiar but could not place him. 

Loved the whole episode, especially Kripke singing "At Last"! What was funny was Mr Tostandon & I watched this week's Black List right before BBT and had the original song on there.

Now, what would have been hilarious would have been if William Shatner showed up!

I actually teared up during the vows

Couldn't do a quote on edit, but I was anxious also that no one took a picture of the mirror, told Mr Tostandon that it would end with them going back to finish & someone had cleaned the mirror

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Best. TBBT episode. Ever.
Best. Wedding episode. Ever.

"The Ornithophobia Diffusion" was my favorite TBBT episode, but now…

Wil Wheaton is a good sport.

That's always been one of my favorite episodes! This one will rank right up there as well.

• Love 4

I know someone with the last name of Hamill. They should've named their dog, Honeybaked. 

This was a great episode. I use c;lose captioning, and when I saw the "w" words before they showed Kripke, I thought there was a malfunction. Amy was cute liking the Southern accent. She didn't use y'all correctly though. lol I have to say I wasn't too keen on Sheldon getting a girlfriend at the beginning, but Mayim's Amy has really grown on me. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Now, what would have been hilarious would have been if William Shatner showed up!

Kaley Cuoco (Penny) did a commercial with Shat, right?  If he is ever on BBT they could say that Penny was in the commercial.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, LadyKenobi said:

I was getting itchy that Leonard didn't take a picture of the math to preserve it.

Oh my stars, me too. 

I don't believe there's ever been an episode where I didn't loathe Sheldon. Until now. This was pitch-perfect. I might have had tears in my eyes during Amy's wedding vows, and I felt better that some cast members did, too, even though they must have heard it all in rehearsal. I'm so grateful to someone upthread who mentioned keeping it on their DVR, because I had already automatically deleted it, but I googled and found out how to retrieve it on Tivo. So now it's a saved episode, along with the only other one, Jake and Amy's engagement on Brooklyn 99. YOU shut up. 

Mayim was just luminous. I loved that she immediately contributed to Sheldon's idea and that Leonard loved it, too. Science is the glue that holds some of these folks together. 

As others have said, Mark Hamill and Wil Wheaton were fantastic. Though I, too, would think that Howard would know if Mark Hamill lived in his neighborhood. 

I loved seeing Missy again and I, too, wonder what purpose it served to have her separated and pregnant. 

I even loved the "Lordy" in the vanity card at the end. 

Thanks, BBT creators, for a great episode! 

eta: I'm guessing, from the lack of other posts, that I'm the only one who looked up evenyoucanperformweddings.com and was bitterly disappointed. 

Edited by Mystery
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

What was the point of making Missy pregnant and separated from her husband?

Missy did pick Raj way back when... ;)

Oh my god, the last two lines of Young Sheldon! That was just perfect!

• Love 7