Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Where did Felix go? He's not on so much that he needs an explanation for his absence, IMO. More of this show putting the emphasis on the wrong syllable.

Yikes, I didn’t even notice Felix was missing.

• Love 1

Why did CM sound like he was trying to make himself sound like a 12 year old?  Also, KM's "Drew?" with only a vague sense of curiosity was a bad reaction.  I know he made her wear skirts, so there's a lot of bad blood there, but he's been presumed dead for years--that should illicit higher energy.  At least make it seem like you care, Kelly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

It is funny to imagine daytime vets between jobs contriving run-ins with FV. Kristian Alfonso: "I could pass for Sofia Mattsson's mother, and I'm out of yogurt. Where does Frank shop?"

Considering Kristian Alfonso left Days because "it wasn't the show [she] remembered..." (i.e. a nice way to say Ron Carlivati turned it to shit, along with the late James E. Reilly!), I doubt GH would rate any better. LOL!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Why did CM sound like he was trying to make himself sound like a 12 year old?  Also, KM's "Drew?" with only a vague sense of curiosity was a bad reaction.  I know he made her wear skirts, so there's a lot of bad blood there, but he's been presumed dead for years--that should illicit higher energy.  At least make it seem like you care, Kelly.

Wasn't that Sam's whole reason of being angry at Peter because he was responsible for getting rid of Drew? 

Who am I kidding. She was mad at Peter because he forced her to kill Shiloh who was obsessed with her when she first married his father and he got nothing when the dad died. And then she ended up in prison and couldn't see Jason. And then got paroled and couldn't see Jason. And then got a new parole officer and could now see Jason but she decided that she couldn't. For reasons.

Edited by nilyank
  • LOL 5
20 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Her voice for me is the worst on the show. Nails on a chalkboard.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That's how he sounds like lol.

ETA: Drew was supposed to be Jason's age so that at least makes sense with CM.

Edited by ulkis

It's hilarious when Sam's recent history is mapped out as @nilyank did it above. Her psychology and "motivation" have been baffling for almost four years now. If Kelly Monaco actually put in more of an effort, I'd feel sorry for her having to act all these shifts. You'd think Sam would have became easier to understand once she got over her mental illness from rolling around in the cat feces, but honestly, when she was in the throes of that is the last time she made sense. She keeps (listlessly) wanting different things.

In that clip of Sam getting the phone call from Drew, nothing better encapsulates Monaco's latter-day style than the way she says "Unknown caller?" and makes a disgusted groan. That sound is a more appropriate reaction to being told she had to share a cross-country car ride with someone who never bathes, and all she has to do is answer the phone. She doesn't even have to do that; I'm sure Jason, Spinelli, or Molly set up her voicemail for her.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

In that clip of Sam getting the phone call from Drew, nothing better encapsulates Monaco's latter-day style than the way she says "Unknown caller?" and makes a disgusted groan.

That's my reaction to unknown callers, mainly because I don't know if it's my parents or some recording telling me that the credit card I don't have, my SSN have been compromised and then be threatened with some government agency if I don't call back ASAP.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So, wait.  Sam interrupted sexy time with freaking DANTE to answer an unknown caller?  Dude..... send that shit to voicemail. 

I don't answer calls from people I don't know.  If it's important, they leave a message.  If it's not important, they usually leave a message.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I have zero knowledge of Cameron Matheson (other than what I read on this board) so I will remain cautiously optimistic. Sure, he is older than original Drew and looks different, but all recasts look different. Billy Miller was too young to be a recast Jason, but that didn’t stop me from liking him in the role.

I also don’t have a problem with actors getting roles because they know someone on the show. That’s how people get jobs all the time. My husband got his last two jobs because he knew someone who was already working there. And from an EP’s perspective, hiring a known actor might make sense because they come with an established fan base, which could bring more viewers to the show.

All UO’s, I know. I don’t expect to like this version of Drew as much as the last one, but I plan to think of him as a new character and hope for the best. 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t expect to like this version of Drew as much as the last one, but I plan to think of him as a new character and hope for the best. 

I always hope for the best--even if I end up being wrong, I won't root for someone to suck.

I do wonder what, if any, chemistry he'll have with KeMo.  She's just become such a bottomless well of 'meh' I can't imagine sparks flying. 

One plus will be Scout gets her real father back and Sam can stop with acting like Jason is the kid's daddy.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

That's my reaction to unknown callers, mainly because I don't know if it's my parents or some recording telling me that the credit card I don't have, my SSN have been compromised and then be threatened with some government agency if I don't call back ASAP.

Same here but Sam’s default lately has either been an irritated expression or this suspicious look with squinted eyes. It happens so frequently no matter what she’s reacting to that I don’t think she’s being directed to give those expressions. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

One plus will be Scout gets her real father back and Sam can stop with acting like Jason is the kid's daddy.  

This was something that I always wanted for this reason only. I really hated how Jason essentially became Scout's father. So I should be excited for that except when was the last time we even saw Scout onscreen? I know it's Covid, but before you know it SORAS will have set in.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I do wonder what, if any, chemistry he'll have with KeMo.  She's just become such a bottomless well of 'meh' I can't imagine sparks flying. 

As I see it, either the combo will work and he’ll elevate her performance (SO needed) or the combo will suck, he will suck, and I can ignore them together (time management). A win either way, lol.

So what happened to Dante/ Sam? Is that already being cast aside, or we heading for a triangle? Because a triangle would mean more Sam, and that is the opposite of a win.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

As I see it, either the combo will work and he’ll elevate her performance (SO needed) or the combo will suck, he will suck, and I can ignore them together (time management). A win either way, lol.

So what happened to Dante/ Sam? Is that already being cast aside, or we heading for a triangle? Because a triangle would mean more Sam, and that is the opposite of a win.

They’re acting like a couple in the clip when Drew calls. Pretty sure they’ll be together for a good while. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Same here but Sam’s default lately has either been an irritated expression or this suspicious look with squinted eyes.

Lately? She's generally been like that since at least the end of the 2000s.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I’m getting a feeling that Jax is gonna either get killed or seriously hurt protecting the mega stupid Joss. That will lead to character growth and a big break from Carly.

What do you think?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Nor does Michael except for those brief moments of anger. Unfortunately I think Joss is in the same boat. Her only reaction to Jax being angry and frightened that she was confronted by Joey Novak was "Why did you tell him?" If her father gets hurt trying to protect her, she'll blame him for not leaving it to Jason.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly never has character growth.

I think @paisley meant character growth for the MiniSheBeast? That if Jax got hurt or killed, the bloom might come off the rose where da bidnez is concerned?

Who am I kidding? She’d blame him for getting hurt and/or killed because he wouldn’t butt out. She is her mother’s spawn after all. Look at how she treated Cameron.

• Love 8

Picking up from some discussion in the "News" thread...

Watros and Benard actually do have decent chemistry, in my opinion, but I'm over women falling under the spell of Sonny, no matter what he's calling himself. And everything wrong with the Nixon Falls story has been well covered. 

What could make the Tan-O tedium worthwhile for me is a hoist-by-their-own-petard tack when "Mike" does show up in Port Charles. I'd love for Carly and Jason to be painted as essentially the Quartermaines circa 1996, the clutching, "selfish" loved ones pressuring "Mike" to remember a life he no longer remembers after a traumatic brain injury. I'd love a scene in which Monica schools Carly that just as Carly always has thought Jason Morgan was a wonderful person to be accepted wholeheartedly as the person he is now, so is "Mike" to some others, and that Sonny Corinthos is essentially the new Jason Quartermaine. I'd love to see Jason's initial push to have his best friend/boss back the way he was melt into a realization that this is like his own situation.

If this story happened after a car accident, couldn't it also happen after a fall off a bridge? (A bridge on which the dumbass had no business being in the first place, because mob bosses nearing 60 usually have other people to chase down enemies for them?) 

But I don't think we'll get any of that, not long term. They will only commit to a game-changing story with Sonny if Benard just loves playing "Mike" so much that he refuses to go back.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I'm guessing that:

1. Sometime soon Spencer and Joss will get together.

2. The reason Lenny had to die was for someone's Emmy reel

3. Phyllis will ditch the bar (which only had 5 customers since Sonny's been in town) and relocate to PC.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Watros and Benard actually do have decent chemistry, in my opinion, but I'm over women falling under the spell of Sonny, no matter what he's calling himself. And everything wrong with the Nixon Falls story has been well covered. 

It's absurd that Nina is falling for Mike when she knows he's Sonny. And don't get me started on the fact that she appears to be completely unconcerned that she's going to be pilloried when the truth comes out. No, those dimples are too strong to resist. I canNOT with this crap. I think it's my new rage-blackout story.

6 hours ago, paisley said:

2. The reason Lenny had to die was for someone's Emmy reel

3. Phyllis will ditch the bar (which only had 5 customers since Sonny's been in town) and relocate to PC.

2. "Someone" *wink wink* 

3. I agree. Or Nina will suggest a change of scenery and insists on PC for reasons, and the shit hits the fan, probably around the time Carly and Jason get married. I could see the timing going either way—i.e., right before or right after the ceremony. It's probably soapier for them to arrive right after, so of course the show will choose for everyone to show up before.

• Love 7

I would love for Sonny to wander into the church as Jason is making his constipated and revolted face getting ready to kiss the bride.  The look of utter confusion and relief he will have when he notices him lurking... true love.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Who am I kidding? She’d blame him for getting hurt and/or killed because he wouldn’t butt out. She is her mother’s spawn after all. Look at how she treated Cameron.

Word. It would be Jax's fault for not listening to Jason and Carly. Joss would then ask if it was too soon to start calling Jason "dad."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/13/2021 at 11:39 PM, paisley said:

I’m getting a feeling that Jax is gonna either get killed or seriously hurt protecting the mega stupid Joss. That will lead to character growth and a big break from Carly.

What do you think?

He should just let Joss get hurt, she's all mobster junior siding with Carly and Jason. Let her own it.

• Love 2

I saw a spoiler on YouTube that Jason is going to miss his wedding to Carly because Britt gets kidnapped to test if the Jason/Carly marriage is real.  Sounds like a stupid test.  Even if Jason was madly in love with Carly and only had platonic feelings for Britt he would miss is wedding to rescue Britt.  The show’s established a nonsensical “Jason the mob hitman is hero” pattern.  It’s always Jason to the rescue 🙄

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Seriously who the hell cares if Carly and Jason are "in love" other than Carly? It's not like mob families never have marriages of convenience to secure power or end disputes .

So unbelievably stupid.

"Human trafficking, drugs, counterfeit goods, smuggling, extortion, money laundering, and arms dealing are one thing but marriage without love?"

Picard line must be drawn.gif

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
On 8/19/2021 at 10:29 AM, Luckylyn said:

The show’s established a nonsensical “Jason the mob hitman is hero” pattern.  It’s always Jason to the rescue 🙄

Too bad this show can't license music anymore because then they could play "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias. 

• LOL 1
On 8/19/2021 at 10:51 AM, tvgoddess said:

Britt isn't getting kidnapped. Liesl and Scott are.

And that's supposedly Victor Cassadine, right?  Which would fit with the out-of-nowhere mention of him and his relationship with Dr. O by Spencer recently.  And why not bring another character back from the dead!

In semi-related news, given they've sunk time into reestablishing Spencer and Britt's relationship, I wonder if Britt will meet/get to react to Esme.  I would love for Britt to smell troublemaker all over her.

• Love 8

I remain unreasonably irritated that they brought in this Esme person* instead of having Alec Barrett be Spencer's (ex) boyfriend from their Glamourous European Boarding School. I mean, how dare this show not conform to my personal fanfic!

*I am more reasonably irritated at how incredibly predictable this new Lisa Niles/Nelle is already. She might as well have "Bunny Boiler" tattooed on her forehead.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And that's supposedly Victor Cassadine, right?  Which would fit with the out-of-nowhere mention of him and his relationship with Dr. O by Spencer recently.  And why not bring another character back from the dead!

In semi-related news, given they've sunk time into reestablishing Spencer and Britt's relationship, I wonder if Britt will meet/get to react to Esme.  I would love for Britt to smell troublemaker all over her.

I'm not positive (would have to go back and check the source), but it seems reasonable and I know that Victor Cassadine wasn't just brought up for no reason at all. So he might definitely play a part.

In other very upsetting and unwanted news, it looks like from the preview for this week that Unfrozen Popsicle is back. 😒😒😒😒😒

• Love 2
4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

In other very upsetting and unwanted news, it looks like from the preview for this week that Unfrozen Popsicle is back. 😒😒😒😒😒

To go with this post here is the preview

There's a trigger warning in the promo with hands and the long fingers which look like those for the Unfrozen Popsicle.

Spoilers for this and next week  🤢

Spoiler

Nina and Sonny see an unexpected visitor tomorrow and Wednesday, Nina calls for help the end of this week, Obrecht helps Nina early next week, then Obrecht goes missing. I guess Nina is unaware Obrecht goes missing since she and Sonny go on their date. 😒

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Has there been a GH character more universally hated then Peter? 🤣

For me it was tie with Franco and Katherine Bell whom the show ended up killing twice in the same way (pushed off parafet).

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Has there been a GH character more universally hated then Peter? 🤣

Lily.  She dared to be the wedge between the twu luv of Sonny and Brenda (can you tell I was NOT a S/B fan?). 

• Love 1

It definitely is a tough call for me if I dislike Peter more than Courtney, but they both were horrible. Courtney was so annoying in a different way than Peter though. Of current characters like her, I think Willow's unfortunately become the most similarly awful. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Laur said:

It definitely is a tough call for me if I dislike Peter more than Courtney, but they both were horrible. Courtney was so annoying in a different way than Peter though. Of current characters like her, I think Willow's unfortunately become the most similarly awful. 

Courtney still slightly edges out Peter for me because of sheer screentime alone and the fact that I watched daily back then. Courtney was on practically every day for 4 years and had multiple front burner pairings It was insane for such a disliked character. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Decker? (one of the Dawn love interests)?

Eee, people hated Decker? I loved him!  Ah, but I was young and he was hot...

Still enjoy the Subspecies movie with him and Faison.