Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

The show has muddied matters by not being able to make up its mind about what Cyrus is pushing.

If he's pushing street drugs through Port Charles, which is what offended  Sonny when he first arrived, then have a plot about street drugs. There is no reason for him to buy onto the Board of the hospital and try for FDA approval for a new drug if he's only going to sell it illegally.

The Board/FDA approval is a completely different story that doesn't go anywhere near Sonny and the mob since it's about  doctors and lawyers.

They want to have their cake (Sonny and the mob) and eat it too (hospital Board)

• Love 3

Goddess help me, but I saw on one of the spoiler /rumor sites (albeit one of the less accurate ones) that Roger Howarth may be coming back as a mob boss or son of a mob boss that develops a "thing" for Carly. I really really really hope these idiot writers don't go there.

They had to ruin him to begin with  by making him that vile Franco, then redeem him (more or less), put him in a pairing with a decent woman with a sweet family, then blew that up just to bring him back to pair him with the shrieking banshee of GH. REALLY? WHY???!!!! (LW must have a helluva contract.)

😱I truly hope this is all wrong...if not, kmn.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

Goddess help me, but I saw on one of the spoiler /rumor sites (albeit one of the less accurate ones) that Roger Howarth may be coming back as a mob boss or son of a mob boss that develops a "thing" for Carly. I really really really hope these idiot writers don't go there.

I'm just laughing now. Accurate or no, that's exactly the sort of thing this show would do.

Not that I'm excited for any mob story, but it seems to me the obvious way to go with Carly is to get her comfortable in the boss role and have her unwilling to step back to just being the wife when Sonny returns. There's the conflict, and it hasn't been done a million times before.

(As for Howarth, I'm sorry to say it, because I did love Todd Manning once upon a time, but I never want to see him on this show again, I don't care who he plays. I'm doomed to disappointment with this show.)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

(LW must have a helluva contract.)

I doubt her contract goes into who Carly is paired with, and it's been shown again and again that the wimmins have much less power than any of the men.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ouinason said:

Mob doctor, like Ben Davidson on OLTL?

If that will be the case, having Cyrus come to his home after being shot would have been a better introduction as a mob doctor.

I have NO FAITH in this show or its runner, or "writers", but I'm hoping Austin is what he appeared to be: a doctor.

Until proven otherwise, of course.

• Love 2

I'm going to hold out hope that Austin is a Quartermaine until the writers inevitably disappoint. Unfortunately, thanks to Michael and his Q DNA, it won't keep RoHo away from Carly and the mob but it's still better than some of the other possibilities. 

• Love 4

A few years ago when I was watching the Ice Princess story on YouTube, I thought they should bring RoHo on as the secret child of Alexandra Quartermaine and Tony Cassadine. I believe Nik was gone at the time, so he could have been a foil for Valentin. And he could have rounded out the Quartermaine family a bit, plus he would likely have some right to ELQ as well. They could have gone in a few different directions with him that way, but instead we got Franco. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

A few years ago when I was watching the Ice Princess story on YouTube, I thought they should bring RoHo on as the secret child of Alexandra Quartermaine and Tony Cassadine. I believe Nik was gone at the time, so he could have been a foil for Valentin. And he could have rounded out the Quartermaine family a bit, plus he would likely have some right to ELQ as well. They could have gone in a few different directions with him that way, but instead we got Franco. 

There are a thousand ideas that were better than Franco if they insisted on having Roger Hogworth. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

UO: I don't want Roger Howarth to be a Q, I got enough of that during the FrankenDrew mess.

The Q I want to see is Lila Rae mixed in with the teens, making Joss miserable.

Neither do I. Honestly, I'd prefer Howarth to be gone altogether, but I definitely don't want him to be a Quartermaine.

Lila Rae (and Alec Barrett, who is not really a Q, but as Brenda's son I consider Q-adjacent) added to the teen scene would be nice, but I'd also like to bring back Dr. Maya Ward, but in my imagination this show revolves around a hospital, so no chance.

• Love 7
(edited)

I still remember Guza crowing about Maya - and the younger sister who never materialized - in one of his classic "Just because we keep killing and degrading the Q's doesn't mean we don't love the Q's" interviews. #ugh

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I am hoping that Austin is a Q only because the family is so depleted and the other options are even worse. God forbid we get a new doctor in PC just because. 

My personal wishlist for more Qs would have AJ's unknown offspring at the top of the list.  More Wards would also be welcome. 

• Love 4

Dante and Maxie have more chemistry than Dante and Sam. 

I do like Sam sticking up for her friend, we don't get nearly enough Saxie on this show anymore. But this is probably just going to make her look pushy and overbearing.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I do like Sam sticking up for her friend, we don't get nearly enough Saxie on this show anymore. But this is probably just going to make her look pushy and overbearing.

Why is Sam jumping to the worst conclusion here? It's not unusual that even with a confession, the police want to hear the victim's story. If she wants to support Maxie, how about quietly holding Maxie's hand why she tells Dante what happened. Ugh. Sam is so unpleasant, and this contrived, overdone "conflict" with Dante is not the way to write an opposites-attract relationship, which I think it what's supposed to be happening here.

Shut up, Sam. 

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why is Sam jumping to the worst conclusion here? It's not unusual that even with a confession, the police want to hear the victim's story. If she wants to support Maxie, how about quietly holding Maxie's hand why she tells Dante what happened. Ugh. Sam is so unpleasant, and this contrived, overdone "conflict" with Dante is not the way to write an opposites-attract relationship, which I think it what's supposed to be happening here.

Shut up, Sam. 

Their scenes make me cringe.  Sam is so annoying.

@tvgoddess Agree about the chemistry.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why is Sam jumping to the worst conclusion here?

Because she's basically stalking Dante around town and any time he opens his mouth she has to bitch him out because she has no life? 

Shut up, Sam.  I hope Dante responds that he needs all the information so he can find the baby and maybe she should go visit her own kids, that is if she even remembers where they are. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I think they're writing Sam and Dante in this combative way because Sam's relationships are "supposed" to start prickly, as that's been common for her. (Did she and Patrick have that kind of dynamic when they launched? I wasn't watching.) 

But it's dumb, because she and Dante are supposed to have been friendly long term, not new acquaintances like Jax, Sonny, and Jason were back when the country was newly at war with Iraq. Also, this mouthy rebel-girl persona worked better when the character wasn't a mother of two played by a 45-year-old with a who-gives-a-shit vibe and a face full of whatever.  

Characters who don't grow and stay stuck in what supposedly worked a long time ago are boring, and it's about half the ones on the canvas.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I'm not opposed to opposites-attract or combative relationships in general. What irks me here is that Sam is actively trying to torpedo Dante at work. She slashed his tires, FFS. I know it was to save the almighty Jason, but Jason hardly needs saving. Sam is lucky all Dante did was roll a tire into her apartment and present her with a bill. (He should have cashed her check, but that's on him.) Now she's yelling at him to stop pestering Maxie about her missing baby. Doesn't she want Louise found? So let Dante do his job. It's not as if Dante is enjoying having to ask Maxie about it so soon after it happened, but he's got a job do and he's doing it as respectfully as possible.

Again, SHUT UP, SAM.

• Love 8

I can't see the clip because I live in Canada, therefore viewers up here don't really matter.

But I'm kind of annoyed with this. I'm one of the very few people who likes Sam, but I feel like this whole thing is sort of abusive at this point. Does Dante like being harangued like that? It just seems like there's an imbalance in this "relationship" right off the bat.

And for the life of me, I don't understand why they insist on making Sam into a complete shrew. 

• Love 1
On 6/5/2021 at 8:27 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Because she's basically stalking Dante around town and any time he opens his mouth she has to bitch him out because she has no life? 

Shut up, Sam.  I hope Dante responds that he needs all the information so he can find the baby and maybe she should go visit her own kids, that is if she even remembers where they are. 

Didn’t Sam do the same thing last year with Brando? I remember her being bitchy and confrontational towards him for no real reason. It got to the point where Brando jokingly asked her for a list of people that Sam knew after she got in his face for talking to Alexis at the gym. It’s a weird direction to take the character because I just find her irritating and I was once a fan. 

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think that started after she learned about his ONS with Molly, which was NONE OF HER BUSINESS. 

Her hostility actually started when Brando made a comment about people in cults (in front of Kristina), not KNOWING that Kristina had been in one. He apologized right away, but that wasn't good enough for her. Then it just ramped up when she found out about the one night stand with Molly.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He apologized right away, but that wasn't good enough for her.

Apparently Sam, the Delicate Flower/Social Justice Warrior, needs everyone to police themselves...except the actual criminals in town.  

Shut up, Sam. 

• Love 10

Will Carly end up in his bed out of frustration that Jason is bonding with Britt? That would be the easiest way to incorporate him if Matheson is staying long term but it would require Mike to stay in Nixon Fails, at least through MB's vacation.

(edited)
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm seeing some chatter on Twitter that Cameron Mathison is going to be a recast Drew, though others think he's playing some mob guy Novak I've never heard of

There is a casting side out for a guard holding a person prisoner. The prisoner was plucked from the ocean 2 years ago after a crash. Sounds like Drew to me. Cameron Mathison is also sporting a beard which he was told to grow by the show. 

E4L2EtLWEAYJL5N?format=jpg&name=small

E4Ls-XuXMAYz_PH?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 6
9 minutes ago, tessaray said:

If CM is Drew, it would explain KeMo's lack of story. I really hope they chem tested them first. Neither one is a chemistry magnet. 

I doubt it.  CM put out feelers to Frank and he gave him a job.  I also wouldn't bet on Drew and Sam happening romantically.

Carly and Jason have been talking about Novak a lot recently, so my guess is that's who Mathison is playing. Another pointless "competitor" who will ultimately lose to the mighty Corinthos organization. Zzzzz.

I'd rather Sam be with him that with Dante, but it looks like that pairing is happening. Sigh. KeMo hasn't been engaged in years, and DZ can get lazy when his scene partner doesn't give him anything.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly and Jason have been talking about Novak a lot recently, so my guess is that's who Mathison is playing. Another pointless "competitor" who will ultimately lose to the mighty Corinthos organization. Zzzzz.

I'd rather Sam be with him that with Dante, but it looks like that pairing is happening. Sigh. KeMo hasn't been engaged in years, and DZ can get lazy when his scene partner doesn't give him anything.

That's more logical - I guess the scene could be a red herring. I liked Drew so I hope it isn't. On the plus side, rival mob guys rarely have a long shelf life on this show. 

1 hour ago, Hater said:

I doubt it.  CM put out feelers to Frank and he gave him a job.  I also wouldn't bet on Drew and Sam happening romantically.

Even if there wasn't a romance, it would be a reason for them to interact. Sam feels so superfluous these days.

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

Even if there wasn't a romance, it would be a reason for them to interact. Sam feels so superfluous these days.

I wish they'd just get rid of Sam but it will never happen. :/

I agree she'll have a reaction but romance? I feel they might want to take Drew in a different direction completely and they were not a couple when he "died."

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, tessaray said:

If CM is Drew, it would explain KeMo's lack of story.

What about her crackling sexual tension with Dante? I was spritzing myself with water that day he was showing her how to hold a bat! (No, actually, it was so dull that I didn't even consider the phallic symbol they were presumably going for until I wrote that.) 

There are some dire new spoilers. Cameron groveling endlessly to get back into Josslyn's good graces? Carly and Liz bonding over being widows? TJ and Molly terrorized while celebrating their five-month anniversary? (They "celebrate" five months? Just can't wait for six? You just know TJ and Molly are that couple their friends hide on social media. TJ writes long, over-the-top paeans to his goddess every few weeks. In every moment she's alone, Molly puts up duck-face selfies with captions like "Wish my sexy man were here!" They probably have a joint MyFace under a name like "TJ Molly Ashford Lansing Davis.")

Edited by Asp Burger
Because "selfies of herself" was redundant.
  • LOL 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

What about her crackling sexual tension with Dante? I was spritzing myself with water that day he was showing her how to hold a bat! (No, actually, it was so dull that I didn't even consider the phallic symbol they were presumably going for until I wrote that.) 

There are some dire new spoilers. Cameron groveling endlessly to get back into Josslyn's good graces? Carly and Liz bonding over being widows? 

I desperately need it revealed that Jason framed Zander for that cop shooting for it to be publicly exposed. Maybe it will shake some of the brain washing that Josslyn is under. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3
On 6/6/2021 at 6:57 AM, Asp Burger said:

I think they're writing Sam and Dante in this combative way because Sam's relationships are "supposed" to start prickly, as that's been common for her. (Did she and Patrick have that kind of dynamic when they launched? I wasn't watching.) 

But it's dumb, because she and Dante are supposed to have been friendly long term, not new acquaintances like Jax, Sonny, and Jason were back when the country was newly at war with Iraq. Also, this mouthy rebel-girl persona worked better when the character wasn't a mother of two played by a 45-year-old with a who-gives-a-shit vibe and a face full of whatever.  

Characters who don't grow and stay stuck in what supposedly worked a long time ago are boring, and it's about half the ones on the canvas.

I loathe the character and the "actress" is such a one note performer.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Fl Mom said:

I loathe the character and the "actress" is such a one note performer.

I cannot bear this character and loathe this actress. Yesterday, I couldn’t understand a word she said because she mumbled so much when she was talking to Maxie. Please, get rid of this woman!

• Love 5