Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Oh I am really sorry to hear that.  

Yeah well he shot himself in the foot is all I'll say on the topic.  In retrospect coming to GH was a poor career move and YR was where he had success and should have stayed put till he was completely done with soaps.  I kind of still like BM for not kissing up to the trio but other than that I don't feel too bad for him anymore.

Anyways, CM will probably be the new it guy if Burton is really out.

1 minute ago, Hater said:

Anyways, CM will probably be the new it guy if Burton is really out.

We'll find out Drew and Jason had another brain swap somewhere along the line and Drew is actually Jason, so the troika survives. Who will take Jason's spot otherwise, Shawn? He'd never hit the correct target.

• LOL 4

Kill him onscreen this time.

3 hours ago, Hater said:

I think I am more shocked Sbu didn't budge last minute for his paycheck.

Me too. Steve has never let anything get in the way of making money, until now.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Hater said:

Yeah well he shot himself in the foot is all I'll say on the topic

I didn't realize Billy Miller leaving was on bad terms etc.  I wonder where I can learn more about this.

I am surprised if Burton is going to let this be what gets him axed from the show.  I hope he's saved his money though, because a lot of shows aren't hiring people who haven't been vaxxed out of safety concerns,

21 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I didn't realize Billy Miller leaving was on bad terms etc.  I wonder where I can learn more about this.

It was obvious they were going to bleed him out slow from the day Burton re-signed. Frank does that often with actors; he doesn't want to cut them loose and give them back to other networks as 'gets,' but he won't use them either.

3 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Out of curiosity, is there any legit info about the firings?  I’m all for them, I’m just worried we’re being catfished.

It's just speculation. I don't think GH has been officially announcing exits until the actor's last air date, so we won't know for sure for another few weeks.

• Love 1

Jax mysteriously has "business" in Australia and exits town again.  Next day Jason, without a gun for the first time in his life and with no options, rushes Peter and they disappear over a cliff as Peter is pointing a gun at his sister and threatening to shoot.  No bodies found.

4 hours later, GH announces that they are out.

Gotta give Jason the hero role no matter what.  And I am still wanting Peter to go out in an ambiguous way so that the Bailey Lou secret can hold out.  

Edited by ouinason
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, racked said:

Is there any chance TPTB knew this was coming and that’s why they scrapped the MOC turning to love story so abruptly and without any sort of impact? 

I wouldn’t be surprised. I already thought the original story was a quad with Jason/Carly/Sonny/Nina and they backed off it for some reason and the reveal was very lackluster. It would make sense not to go all in with Jarly only to have him leave a month or 2 later.

I also think Nikolas’ current storyline was done in case the actor walked as well. He’s another one who was speculated to be a last minute hold out and he’s getting exit story writing. MC confirmed that he isn’t leaving earlier this week so I suspect that the writing will start to shift in the next few months 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I haven't watched the show in a year+, but I'm going to guess that the suspense over whether Steve Burton was fired for failing to comply with the company vaccine mandate is the most legit drama GH has seen in quite a while. 

It's enough to bring me back to find out the answer, anyway!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I wouldn’t be surprised. I already thought the original story was a quad with Jason/Carly/Sonny/Nina and they backed off it for some reason and the reveal was very lackluster. It would make sense not to go all in with Jarly only to have him leave a month or 2 later.

I also think Nikolas’ current storyline was done in case the actor walked as well. He’s another one who was speculated to be a last minute hold out and he’s getting exit story writing. MC confirmed that he isn’t leaving earlier this week so I suspect that the writing will start to shift in the next few months 

This all makes so much sense and explains a lot of things that have been driving me crazy story-wise. 

1 hour ago, Francie said:

I haven't watched the show in a year+, but I'm going to guess that the suspense over whether Steve Burton was fired for failing to comply with the company vaccine mandate is the most legit drama GH has seen in quite a while. 

It's enough to bring me back to find out the answer, anyway!

Oh they should totally be filming the behind the scenes drama on this show. They should turn this into a reality type show.  The ratings would soar!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, CeChase said:

This all makes so much sense and explains a lot of things that have been driving me crazy story-wise. 

Oh they should totally be filming the behind the scenes drama on this show. They should turn this into a reality type show.  The ratings would soar!

Agreed. They should have cameras running on the set, in the make up room, and in the dressing room hallways. Then run GH and GH: Before the Cut (or the Real Actors of General Hospital) as back-to-back daily shows. The latter might draw in ratings for the former. 

"Oh, Steve and Nancy are going to cross paths. Will they acknowledge each other?"

"Is someone going to wake up KeMo?"

"Look, Laura's found where every camera is."

"Seriously, when will someone wake up KeMo?"

• LOL 18
7 hours ago, ffwbe said:

7 hours ago, racked said:

Is there any chance TPTB knew this was coming and that’s why they scrapped the MOC turning to love story so abruptly and without any sort of impact? 

I actually wonder if Steve getting COVID gave them a chance to course correct while he was isolating. Didn’t he test positive right around the time they would have been filming the Jarly wedding?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I actually wonder if Steve getting COVID gave them a chance to course correct while he was isolating. Didn’t he test positive right around the time they would have been filming the Jarly wedding?

Yes.  

On 11/3/2021 at 5:10 PM, ffwbe said:

I was waiting for an official confirmation but not even a tiny bit surprised. He’s less vocal on SM than the other one but they’re one in the same

I was waiting for official word to break too. But it's everywhere on Twitter.

14 hours ago, absnow54 said:

It's just speculation. I don't think GH has been officially announcing exits until the actor's last air date, so we won't know for sure for another few weeks.

I wouldn't say just speculation. The bloggers know. They're just not allowed to say anything yet.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Interestingly enough, the Nikolas actor and MW had their first on-screen kiss today. 

I think a lot of shit is going on behind the scenes,  but NLG takes all the heat because she tweets her opinions.  But since Burton had love scenes with Kelly and Laura, it was likely Maura who put the kibosh on those until MC was vaxxed, and also...I personally believe this is the reason Genie has been gone so long.    And I'm sure there are others.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
59 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Kelly had love scenes with both Burton and Ingo!

I know, poor Kelly. She's a brave one. I certainly wouldn't risk myself like that. I know they get tested all the time and are required to test negative obviously, but still. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, jsbt said:

I still think Kelly wasn't vaxxed last summer. At least she (apparently) did the right thing, but damn, Lindsay Korman was excellent.

Monaco? That was over a mask not vaccine.  The vaccine got approved in the fall or winter of 2020.

• Love 2

Look of they dont want to get the vax and continue to endanger others, then buh bye. The show can live without Robo Jason and Jax. Maybe they could now stretch their imaginations and write material for others.

But I remember hearing the actors who played Brando and Nik got the vaccinne last minute. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I'm genuinely surprised that Burton would refuse the vaccine to the point of losing his job. Like @jsbt said, not much stands between Big Steve and a buck.

Yeah, I was amazed.

• Love 1

If Steve Burton was fired, and is going through the trouble of photoshopping himself onto the GH set, so he can continue to cash in on his stage show that is hilarious. What’s going on behind the scenes is 1000 times more interesting then what’s going on onscreen. 

• Love 8

The ink may not be dry yet (or they may be trying to salvage the situation), but either way it would be very Steve to steal a shot on the lot after/during being fired to squeeze out one last grift.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, racked said:

That video was posted on October 22 so I don’t think it’s photoshopped or proof of anything related to the mandate? 

Agreed.  I believe there was a date of 11/1 for the mandates, so at that point he was still being given time to comply.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2021 at 6:12 PM, absnow54 said:

So does that mean if not for Steve, the Nixon Falls story might have continued for awhile longer? If so, does this make Steve… my hero? 😬

Since only Ingo has been confirmed as leaving, it makes me wonder if SB actually did get a haircut vaccine to save his ass. It would make sense to me. He seems to be a little more flexible with his convictions, and the market for leathery past-prime pretty boys has to be pretty tight these days.

On 11/4/2021 at 4:59 PM, CeChase said:

They should let Nancy host it. She did that last BTS show, a few years ago. I feel like she would be more than happy to spill some tea— actually, dump the whole damn teakettle upside down. Maura can co-host.

And now this is literally all I want to see.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

So if Ingo's last day is Monday, I wonder if Steve's status will be confirmed sometime next week. I know the filming schedules are done in big blocks, so it might be hard to tell. The constant start/stop of this Cassadine Island story gives weight to the rumor though, like they're scrambling to put together an exit story.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
Just now, absnow54 said:

So if Ingo's last day is Monday, I wonder if Steve's status will be confirmed sometime next week. I know the filming schedules are done in big blocks, so it might be hard to tell. The constant start/stop of this Cassadine Island story gives weight to the rumor though, like they're scrambling to put together an exit story.

I don't see why Jax the character can't be recast, what with all the other recasts that have taken place on this show and others. He's not Luke, or gag, Mooby or Jaysus.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't see why Jax the character can't be recast, what with all the other recasts that have taken place on this show and others. He's not Luke, or gag, Mooby or Jaysus.

I think Jax can easily be recast but his character isn’t doing much of anything. They’ve kept him fairly isolated since his return and he hasn’t had any SLs. Just propping Nina or Carly along with the occasional scene with Joss. If they don’t include him in SLs or with characters that I enjoy watching, I have no use for the character and they don’t seem to be interested in that. 

• Love 9

I’m quite behind the ball on this and new to this thread, as I don’t usually read spoilers, but I had to see if there was more news about Burton’s departure. I enjoyed the character in the distant past,and contrary to most everyone here, was enjoying Jarly, but if the actor refuses to follow the vaccine mandate, good riddance.

I’m with everyone above thinking that storylines were stalled or changed due to the resistance of actors to get vaccinated and I find that appalling. Couldn’t they just have let them stay home until they made their final decision instead of edging their bets and giving us changing crap stories too spread out for us to remember?

How far behind do they in film? Will we know this week if Jason dies?

• LOL 1

Okay I saw this on Daytime Dish the other day. They didn’t name the actor but personally I think they are talking about Burton.

Actor gets 1st dose of vaccine 

Before actor can get second dose he gets COVID.

Actor has to wait 90 days now to get second dose of vaccine.

Vaccine mandate deadline falls during the 90-day wait.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

If that's the case, maybe he was just suspended pending his second dose. It was reported he had COVID the last week of August, so his 90 day wait period would be this week, and he would be considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after that. If he hasn't been on set since the end of October, maybe they've been stretching out the Greece storyline to help cover for his 6 week absence. It kind of makes sense, especially since all the shuffling started to take place right after the Carly/Jason wedding, which is when he tested positive, and a few weeks after the Disney vaccine mandate was announced.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I don't believe there's a 90 day wait post-covid infection to be vaccinated.  This is of real interest to me because I had a breakthru case in October (very mild) and I've been trying to find out how long to wait to get the booster now that it's available to everyone, and I have found nothing stating that.  Including the CDC website.  It simply says to wait until you have recovered. 

Edit to say: I am researching on breakthru covid, and the CDC site does say:  if you were treated with monoclonal antibodies to wait 90 days.  That doesn't apply to me but it could apply to SBU so I guess it is possible. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Useful 3

The show rarely announces actor exits ahead of time unless it’s an actor retiring so I don’t take a lack of an announcement for SBu to mean anything. I’m pretty sure they only did for IR as a way to distance themselves after the press started reporting about his transphobic post. The fact that Steve hasn’t said anything when the rumors have been out for weeks and he’s been asked by fans multiple times says all I need to know.  

• Love 2