Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

The show rarely announces actor exits ahead of time unless it’s an actor retiring so I don’t take a lack of an announcement for SBu to mean anything. I’m pretty sure they only did for IR as a way to distance themselves after the press started reporting about his transphobic post. The fact that Steve hasn’t said anything when the rumors have been out for weeks and he’s been asked by fans multiple times says all I need to know.  

This seems to make the most sense.  He's been asked about it, he knows it's out there, why wouldn't he say he had to wait 90 days for 2nd shot on doctor's orders?   

• Love 3

Any sensible actor would want to get out in front of a libelous rumor that he is antivaxx and got fired for it, IMO. I find the whole thing deeply bizarre, but atm my take is GH has struggled to find a way to negotiate to keep him above and beyond what they would accept for anyone else (within the limits of Disney/ABC's current vax policies, of course), because they have no shame. And while that effort may or may not succeed at some point, I suspect they did write him out but are dragging out announcing his exit until the last possible second, bc GH has been largely The Jason Show for over 20 years and the shitshow that will follow with the only audience they pander to (aged, conservative viewers who love Sonny and Jason) will be significant.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, mariah23 said:

Okay I saw this on Daytime Dish the other day. They didn’t name the actor but personally I think they are talking about Burton.

Actor gets 1st dose of vaccine 

Before actor can get second dose he gets COVID.

Actor has to wait 90 days now to get second dose of vaccine.

Vaccine mandate deadline falls during the 90-day wait.

This sounds very much just like speculation and a sort of devil's advocate as to coming with random possibilities for him to still be on the show. I feel like this person and whoever believes this is going to be highly disappointed. No source, just my gut feeling.

Not to mention I've always thought Daytime Dish is full of crap.

• Love 2

From Variety:

After refusing to comply with the vaccine mandate at “General Hospital,” Ingo Rademacher — who has played Jasper “Jax” Jacks on the long-running soap opera since 1996 — was ousted from the show, and Monday was his final episode. Jax left on a business trip to Australia, as he has several times in the past. On Nov. 8, ABC confirmed Rademacher’s departure.

But among “General Hospital” viewers, there’s currently a deeper mystery: Is Steve Burton, who has played the popular character Jason Morgan off and on since 1991, also defying the “General Hospital” vaccine requirement, and therefore leaving for the same reason? Burton’s departure has been rumored in the fandom for weeks, but an ABC spokesperson didn’t respond to a request for comment, and Burton’s publicist did not answer several inquiries from Variety about his status on the show.

At “General Hospital,” all cast and crew in Zone A — which comprises those present on set when the actors aren’t wearing masks, and the actors themselves — were required to be vaccinated as of Nov. 1. The show films weeks ahead, so Rademacher’s goodbye episode, and possibly Burton’s on Friday, were filmed before the rule went into effect. On Monday’s episode, after a tunnel collapse on Cassadine Island (fans will know what that means), an unseen Jason is likely under a pile of rubble.

Over the summer, the set of “General Hospital” became a contentious place to work. Burton tested positive for COVID in mid-August, saying he’d been “exposed at work.” And Rademacher, who frequently touts anti-vaccine propaganda on Instagram, clashed with his vaccinated castmates — and with fans, who caused #FireIngo to trend. 

The news of Rademacher’s firing broke earlier this month after the actor shared a transphobic meme on his Instagram account. On Nov. 7, the day of that post, Rademacher’s “General Hospital” co-star Cassandra James, who is trans, tweeted: “I am aware of a transphobic post shared by a fellow General Hospital actor. Shame on you. You have some serious unlearning and education to do. I feel deeply disappointed that such a public display of ignorance could come from our GH family.”  

That night, longtime “General Hospital” star and outspoken vaccine advocate Nancy Lee Grahn, whose character Alexis is best friends with Rademacher’s Jax, tweeted in support of James — and named Rademacher as the actor in James’ tweet.  

“The fellow actor, #IngoRademacher, is mercifully no longer a part of the #gh cast,” Grahn tweeted. “Transphobia & misgendering are disgusting & should be unacceptable in any industry, including soaps/acting. I stand with my costar, @cassandrajames_, & the trans community.” “General Hospital” star Maurice Benard also tweeted in support of James.  

Burton’s possible departure has been much quieter. Somehow, though, some fans deduced that he, too, wouldn’t want to comply with the vaccine mandate at “General Hospital.” Rumors that Burton is leaving have been rampant on Twitter, and the sites that cover soap operas have raised the question as well. 

Recasting popular characters on soap operas and dead characters coming back to life are endemic to the genre. In the past, the Jason character has been played by other actors, as Burton has pursued other projects — and that is certainly possible again if Burton has in fact left. In the case of Rademacher, except for a few episodes in 2008, he has always played Jax. Which doesn’t mean that the character couldn’t be recast, should the “General Hospital” storyline have an urgent need for Jax, but for now, there are no plans to recast the character.

Of the four daytime dramas remaining on the networks, “General Hospital,” which is owned by ABC, is the only one that has instituted a vaccine mandate. NBC’s “Days of Our Lives,” and CBS’ “The Young and the Restless” and “The Bold and the Beautiful” continue to rely on testing, social distancing and other CDC-recommended guidelines for their on-set protocols.

Rademacher hadn’t appeared on “General Hospital” since Oct. 27. In his final scene in Monday’s episode, and possibly his last appearance as Jax ever, he said, “I’m kind of on the outs with everyone in Port Charles right now” — perhaps a wink at the audience.

As for Burton’s Jason, several of the show’s characters continue to look for him, vowing not to give up. The question for “General Hospital” fans is: Is he already gone?

• Useful 5

12/6/21 - Sonny and Britt connect unexpectedly 

Oh dear, I'm sure it's just grieving about Jason and not going to bonetown, especially with the Nina of it all still in play, but watch your womb, Britt!

12/9/21 - Selina Wu pays Britt a visit

Presumably to open the door to the besties being reunited, yay!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Joss is the holy grail for Frank because she's white, blonde, under 25 and can sort of act. That's all he's wanted or needed for a teen star since Kristen Alderson at OLTL (and the blonde is negotiable). He's been desperate for a working teen scene for his entire GH regime to try to goose youth demos which are not coming back, so when the temp (McCoy) turned out to be able to read lines it was time to play ball.

She's the least of the actors in that scene and they should jettison her tomorrow and give Joss at least six months off.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 12

I have not been watching every day, but has there been ANY movement in this story about Liz being molested by her father and not wanting anything to do with him? I feel like it's been going on since Franco was still alive. Are they having trouble finding an actor to play him or what? 

7 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

I have not been watching every day, but has there been ANY movement in this story about Liz being molested by her father and not wanting anything to do with him? I feel like it's been going on since Franco was still alive. Are they having trouble finding an actor to play him or what? 

What story? I haven't read or seen anything about Jeff doing this. We've already had a story line (a very good one during the late 90s) with Elizabeth's rape. If they won't recast Jeff, I wouldn't be shocked if Frank massacres yet another good character for, reasons.

29 minutes ago, jsbt said:

There's no indication Jeff molested Liz, lol

21 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I was wondering what the hell I missed! That suggestion was a real needle-scratch moment.

Well, thank goodness! I thought I'd missed something, too! Don't know where the original poster who asked that, got their information from about "movement" in such a plot.

I know they had B.J. Greg Evigan come on this show as Franco's molester, two years ago, I think it was?

• Love 2

Some 2022 preview spoilers that intrigued me:

Valentin warns Martin not to mix business with pleasure - or not to have any pleasure with Lucy at all.

I guess because of ELQ, because Lucy still has that percentage in play?  In any case, good to see Lucy and Martin's fling wasn't a Christmas one-off and that we'll be seeing her more.

Britt runs interference for Brad as he resumes his life in Port Charles.

Love it.  I'm glad they're keeping the besties together despite Mrs. Wu and that they're doing this with Britt instead of throwing her into another romance right away.

Scotty and Obrecht toast a victory over Sonny.

My new sexual orientation.

Michael/Willow face a rocky road in the wake of Nina's trial

Yay!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

In other words, Willow dares to voice a tiny bit of doubt about the trial happenings, and now she's a BETRAYER and persona non grata. Run, girl. You in danger.

I think it's got to do with the whole Mike and Nina being in lurve.

I'm goin to love this if Willow and Michael are fighting, but pretend that everything is great between them. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

In other words, Willow dares to voice a tiny bit of doubt about the trial happenings, and now she's a BETRAYER and persona non grata. Run, girl. You in danger.

He'll also probably be pissed that she kept what she overheard to herself. I am looking forward to seeing the next episode, with Willow on the stand. I'm a sucker for courtroom bombshells.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Remember when Joss got on her high horse and gave Nina back the journal she got her?  Get ready for version 2.0 when she demands Willow give her back her letter, tells her how she "thought you were my sister and THIS is how you betray the family?"  Too bad Willow's spine is in storage somewhere because laughing in that brat's face would be the proper response.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Remember when Joss got on her high horse and gave Nina back the journal she got her?  Get ready for version 2.0 when she demands Willow give her back her letter, tells her how she "thought you were my sister and THIS is how you betray the family?"  Too bad Willow's spine is in storage somewhere because laughing in that brat's face would be the proper response.

I feel like that happened with Nelle too. Why is Joss itching so much for a sisterly relationship with all of Michael’s gfs? She’s already related to half the town biologically or through her mom’s marriage. She doesn’t have enough people? 

Edited by ffwbe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Joss has a plethora of sisters already: Donna and Avery are her little sisters who live with her; Kristina is often there and through her Joss has Molly and to a lesser extent Sam, and she's got her BFF Trina.  That should be enough. This need to attach herself to Michael's SOs is weird.

• Love 10
On 12/24/2021 at 2:42 PM, statsgirl said:

This need [for Joss] to attach herself to Michael's SOs is weird.

She's her mother's daughter alright, doling out her seal of approval and then haughtily snatching it away at a moment's slight.

• Love 10
On 12/26/2021 at 4:44 AM, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

I read that Alexis is going to go back to college in middle age to get another degree, just like Miranda Hobbes. She's already got the asshole kid (arguably more than one, in Alexis's case), the alcoholism, the feminism, and the law career. Are they the same character? 

If there's any truth to that -- ugh.

Instead of having successful middle-aged professional women going back to school to learn, why not have them go to school to teach? 

• Love 2

That's exactly what the professor said Alexis should do, but Alexis was afraid she wouldn't pass the background check. She should at least apply and see what happens; she won't be any worse off if she doesn't get the job.

• Love 3

It's surprising they've never brought on a new teen/early twenties character and later revealed that his or her mother is Hannah. Wasn't she simultaneously involved with Taggert and AJ right before she left town?

She was with Sonny too, but that was probably too long before she left, even for his super-impregnating powers.

Edited by NotMySekrit2Tell
  • Useful 1

Luke’s memorial will have some surprise guests and leads into a major storyline for those he left behind

While they should use this opportunity to introduce a new Lucky or bring back an old one, I'm guessing that won't happen.

Who I do think will show up, given we heard mention of her, is Skye.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

They brought Ethan back for Holly's disappearance. But if they had Nathan back it would be in the media.

Nathan parsons is currently filming season 4 of Roswell NM and Jonathan Jackson lives in Ireland. It would be great to have them both back, along with the original Lulu, but unlikely.

• Love 1

he can be there without being shown. 

I vote new Lucky!  I liked JJ, but I'm not married to the idea of him being Lucky the way others are.  I would go for new Ethan too, but not both, cause that would be a lot at once.  But, I bet that NP would roll in for a few minutes for a funeral for Luke if asked.  But again, can be at the funeral and just not shown on screen.

• Love 1
On 1/14/2022 at 9:26 AM, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

It's surprising they've never brought on a new teen/early twenties character and later revealed that his or her mother is Hannah. Wasn't she simultaneously involved with Taggert and AJ right before she left town?

She was with Sonny too, but that was probably too long before she left, even for his super-impregnating powers.

It's not surprising to me, since Hannah was nearly as boring as Miranda.

• Love 2
On 1/14/2022 at 6:58 PM, TeeVee329 said:

While they should use this opportunity to introduce a new Lucky or bring back an old one, I'm guessing that won't happen.

Who I do think will show up, given we heard mention of her, is Skye.

I’m pretty sure the guests at this memorial are mostly going to consist of whoever is involved in the storyline this is kicking off. Minus Sonny, Carly, and Dante off to the side somewhere talking about their boring marriage problems. The only one I assume is solely there for Luke’s death is Bobbie. However, I’m really curious why they decided to kill off a character who hasn’t been onscreen in a few years and whose portrayer is still alive for what I’m betting is a storyline they could have done without his death. 

• Love 1

I'm not sure if Luke is most sincerely dead, given that Victor had something to do with it. I don't see TG returning anytime soon, but that can be worked around with Tracy telling everyone she's seen him and he's fine/recovering from being held captive/whatever.

• Love 2

I don't want a recast Lucky if it will just be for the funeral and then the character goes back to wherever. However, if we get the return of Lucky, which I would like, I say recast away. Is Richard Lee Jackson doing anything? He'd at least have similar mannerisms to Jonathan Jackson. And if they bring back Emme Rylan, the two of them could commiserate over the Bring It On Movies. 🤣

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I don't want a recast Lucky if it will just be for the funeral and then the character goes back to wherever. However, if we get the return of Lucky, which I would like, I say recast away.

Same. There's a decent amount of built-in story for Lucky right now, though I have no confidence the show would take advantage of that.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

It's not surprising to me, since Hannah was nearly as boring as Miranda.

Thank God for this because the last thing this show needs is more children fathered by Mr. STD.

Edited by Mirabelle

Some February spoilers from one of the mags I saw on Twitter:

Ned and Olivia vow renewal.  Dante, Michael, Willow, Monica, Tracy, Maxie, Sonny, and Carly among the guests.  Ned tries to dissuade Sonny from a big display of love in an attempt to win back Carly.

I mean, I hate it on its face that Sonny and Carly are even at this Quartermaine event, which likely will be in the Quartermaine home, given Sonny MURDERED MONICA'S SON AND CARLY COVERED FOR HIM.  But it's really just the backdrop for Sonny/Carly angst?  Ned has to get involved?  Ewww.

Britt and Carly have a meeting of the minds that may provide them with the catharsis they need.

And more ewww.  Britt, there's no need for you to talk to Carly ever again now that Jason is "dead".  And given the Carly vs. Nina situation, I want Britt firmly supporting her cousin versus taking up for Snarls.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14
On 1/27/2022 at 10:04 AM, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, I hate it on its face that Sonny and Carly are even at this Quartermaine event, which likely will be in the Quartermaine home, given Sonny MURDERED MONICA'S SON AND CARLY COVERED FOR HIM.  But it's really just the backdrop for Sonny/Carly angst?  Ned has to get involved? 

I understand this feeling,  But since it's Olivia's ceremony too, her two best friends in town should probably be present.  I just wish it wasn't at the Quartermaine home.

Granted, I'm a Carly fan who cannot stand Sonny most of the time. But I don't have an issue with Monica and Carly getting along. They've long since mostly put the past with AJ behind them.  And while Carly covered for Sonny, she did it initially to protect Michael not because she didn't have a problem with him having done it.  She did marry him again.  So there's that.  And I hate that for many reasons.  But Carly hasn't caused any harm to the Quartermaines in 20 years and as Jason said, Monica seemed to acknowledge, all three of them behaved badly and own a role in hurting one another back then.

I do hate that Monica is more than barely civil with Sonny, though. She spoke to him at GH just last week.  If she's going to ask after his health, I guess she isn't even allowed to be angry at him and he's the one who actually shot AJ.

• Love 1