Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, jsbt said:

Carly and Drew break up in record time. Jason doesn't even have a permanent address or a valid ID!

Do they think it’ll make it less obvious that Carly only thought of Drew as a placeholder if he’s the one who ends things because that’s been apparent from the jump. Though, I will say that’s one of the few rings true about this Drew that’s in character with BM’s version. He also dumped Sam after Jason’s last return because he could tell he’d always be the second choice and didn’t want to deal with her indecisiveness. 

• Like 3

Whatever ends them is fine by me tbh. I'll be a little amazed if it sticks that fast unless Mulcahey just wants CM g-o-n-e.

• Like 1

In a little surprised that LW is flat out spoiling entire scenes though. Normally, those SOD interviews give a little about the setup and tease what’ll happen. This is the second time in a week that’s she’s spelling out the entire scene and outcome along with dialogue 

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
43 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

In a little surprised that LW is flat out spoiling entire scenes though. Normally, those SOD interviews give a little about the setup and tease what’ll happen. This is the second time in a week that’s she’s spelling out the entire scene and outcome along with dialogue 

This is pretty common over the years in any SOD and SOW feature articles on weekly story development. LW is not going rogue.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Will anyone be surprised that Drew and Carly are dunzo, though? Everyone she's been with has been a placeholder for Jason. He's always her first priority no matter what.

I said this in the ep thread, but it cracks me up how quickly and thoroughly they're throwing Drew under the bus so he and Carly can split. I'd almost feel sorry for him, but CM's version has been unbearable, and if Drew really thought Carly wouldn't drop him the instant Jason was an option, he's been totally deluded.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Will anyone be surprised that Drew and Carly are dunzo, though? Everyone she's been with has been a placeholder for Jason. He's always her first priority no matter what.

The only people surprised by this are apparently the actors. I hope CM isn't too surprised if/when he gets his walking papers.

Also way to take the burden off Carly's delicate shoulders by having Drew dump her.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I doubt LW is actually surprised at all.  

Frankly I don’t think either of them were shocked by it. LW embellishes in her interviews sometimes and loves saying how something is completely unexpected when it’s something that plays out exactly how everyone assumed it would. 

• Like 3

It's their job to breathlessly pitch this stuff to the soap rags. That's why you see the actors always get printed up as saying stuff like "'it's such a shocking blow to Monica when Jason still won't leave the mob after 25 years,' sighs Leslie Charleson." It's always the same verbs, adjectives, etc. and they're always supposed to pump it up. LW is far from the first or last to use this style of hyperbole.

• Like 1

It's interesting though that LW is the only one being interviewed about this return, which IMO reflects what we see on screen where we only see Carly's reaction to the news.  Mostly.  Everyone else appears onscreen having found out already from the newspaper.  We don't even see Sam's initial reaction, just the aftermath. Liz must know, but if she does, it's from the Invader's article.  That's a planned out agenda.  Just my opinion. Some will love it, some won't care, others will hate it.  But it's a very planned out, coordinated agenda. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

During the breakup episode, Drew mentioned a few times that he's a businessman -- which isn't exactly how he's described himself when Jason isn't on the canvas. It's very much like when BM's Drew suddenly became obsessed with buying Aurora, moving to the suburbs, etc, right before Jason returned the last time. I really don't understand why we have to be presented with the tame, lame twin and his bad boy brother trope AGAIN. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Agreed wholeheartedly @jsbt. But God SOD sucks. After I read thay it wanted me to read an article about Dominic leaving the show. Got worried but the article was from 2018!

• Like 1
(edited)

Next week:

Monday, March 25, 2024 

Jason tells his story. 
Elizabeth is overcome with emotion. 
Stella comforts Trina. 
Michael is cautious. 
Jake is furious. 

Tuesday, March 26, 2024 
Anna is stunned. 
Carly is determined to get to Jason. 
Ava comforts Sonny. 
Curtis is suspicious. 
Gregory's symptoms become more pronounced. 

Wednesday, March 27, 2024 
Sam and Jason come face to face. 
Danny and Jake argue. 
Anna offers a surprising proposal to Dex. 
Trina makes a heartbreaking confession. 
Brook Lynn shares a message. 

Thursday, March 28, 2024 
Tempers fly at Jason's arraignment. 
Carly and Alexis are surprised. 
Sonny has his doubts. 
Sam gets some hope. 
Nina is insistent. 

Friday, March 29, 2024 
Jason meets with Sonny. 
Ava and Sonny have a close moment. 
Anna learns some important information. 
Valentin makes arrangements. 
Olivia, Danny and Rocco rush to Dante's bedside.

Pretty pleased with more Trina and them amping up the feud between the sons of Stone Cold. The kid playing Danny is very green but I think delineating the youngsters onscreen is important, and I think it makes sense for the boys to be divided over St. Jason.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jake shouldn't even be giving a anything Jason related the time of day. Jason has been nothing to him. 

Danny should be asking where his father has been. He didn't have amnesia like Sonny. Yet Michael and everyone attacked him for it. 

• Like 4
(edited)

The apparent split between the sons makes sense to me. Danny grew up with an idealized image of a largely absent father while raised by Sam who, though she embraced civilian life upon having children, could afford to offer up lots of exciting memories of their Guza leather jacket era while Jason was still 'dead.' Then he got an occasional close-up view of Jason Morgan and his mother's feats of alleged derring-do during Steve's last stint, when Sam briefly let Jason pull her back into the life. He has never seemed to have a tremendous connection to Jason from what I've seen at least, and so craves more (and his father's approval) based on the stories and local legend.

By contrast Jake was raised in a relatively normal home by Liz (and Lucky for a time), and then most importantly by Drew, who was demonstrative and present as "Jason" while moving away from the mob, and who Jake adored. His reaction when Drew told him he wasn't his father was intense and raw (and very good work by Hudson West). For my money I don't think Jake ever really got over that. I think all of that informs the divide we've been seeing/hearing about, though they could change it up, who knows.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I hope they don't turn Jake into this generation's AJ.  Because I'm #teamJake all the way.

They're almost written with Jake being the pre-brain damaged Jason and Danny the post.  Which given all the show's writing regimes obsession with the character makes total sense.  Jason twins, Jason dopplegangers, Jason imposters, Jason, Jason, Jason. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
16 hours ago, jsbt said:

He has never seemed to have a tremendous connection to Jason from what I've seen at least, and so craves more (and his father's approval) based on the stories and local legend.

By contrast Jake was raised in a relatively normal home by Liz (and Lucky for a time), and then most importantly by Drew, who was demonstrative and present as "Jason" while moving away from the mob, and who Jake adored. His reaction when Drew told him he wasn't his father was intense and raw (and very good work by Hudson West). For my money I don't think Jake ever really got over that. I think all of that informs the divide we've been seeing/hearing about

I agree. Burton was rarely in scenes with the previous child actors who played Danny. The last Danny with whom Jason interacted complained (when J&S were still living together) to Sam that Dad is always going out/I barely see him. I think this is the most that Jason has ever talked to Danny. Whereas little blond Danny and Miller's Jason-then-Uncle Drew had a sweet relationship. Since Drew was moved away from Sam + kids when Jason returned the last time, Danny's gotten used to having Dante as a live-in father figure for around 2 years. Dante would take him along with Rocco to sports events and such. 

Jake had a great relationship with Dad-then-Uncle Drew, then we never got to see him react to/mourn Drew's death or be overjoyed to see NuDrew. (Has HW ever even had a scene with CM's Drew? It seems to me like Drew's relationships with Elizabeth's sons ceased to exist with the recast.) Then Jake and Franco "bonded over art" (I hated the killer-turned-art therapist stuff) and Franco used it to get close to Elizabeth. In time Jake adored stepdad Franco and that was an excuse for Jason to rarely interact with Jake. I think the only thing he knows about Jake is he likes art. After having time to mourn Franco's death and accepting that Jason was again presumed dead, Jake is developing ddee

27 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Has HW ever even had a scene with CM's Drew? It seems to me like Drew's relationships with Elizabeth's sons ceased to exist with the recast.

I'll give the show a bit of credit in that HW had some emotional scenes with Liz and Finn when he found out Ryan Lavery Drew got shanked in the prison showers. He brought it for that stuff. But I have no idea if they've actually shared a screen, lol.

(edited)

Next time, on X-Men GH:

Monday, April 1:

Jason visits Liz and Jake.
Dante confirms whether or not Jason hospitalized him.
Anna puts Sonny on notice.
Diane helps Alexis with her appeal.
Natalia takes over Blaze’s Deception contract.

Tuesday, April 2:

Drew checks on Nina at work.
John has a new plan to take down Pikeman.
Jason reveals something to Anna.
Carly and Michael make confessions.
Dex gets interviewed about joining the PCPD.

Wednesday, April 3:

Chase and Brook Lynn ask Dante for a favor.
Finn opens up to Liz about his dad.
Sasha and Cody admit their feelings.
Blaze fills Kristina in on her new job.
Tracy crosses with Stella.

Thursday, April 4:

Terry offers Tracy some advice.
Curtis comforts Trina.
Joss is in shock.
Kevin and Laura check in on Heather.
Sasha shows off her culinary skills.

Friday, April 5:

Drew chews out John.
Lois helps Brook Lynn with a wedding dress crisis.
Sonny and Natalia get better acquainted.
Kristina and Joss argue.
Anna questions Brennan about Pikeman.
Sam is worried about Danny.

Pleased for more Tracy/Stella and (who'd have thought?) Drew/Nina. Less thrilled about more Sonny and Eva LaRue, which hopefully is incidental to the Kristina/Blaze subplot and not a chem test. I also find Blaze boring and not an exciting enough Face of Deception, but at least it ain't Sasha.

Edited by jsbt

According to Twitter, which is abuzz, NAC is now off contract.  They say he wasn't in today's closing credits, and I guess he always was?  I never read those!  I guess they let him out early because they don't want to bring him back for a month or two and have to recast then.  Which never made sense.  They need to o the recast while he's presumed dead.  Anyway, I think we all knew he wasn't coming back. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

If he's on contract, does he get paid even when he doesn't work? 

It also might be that NAC will return to wrap up Spencer's story for the time being, and he'll do that on a recurring basis.

16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If he's on contract, does he get paid even when he doesn't work? 

Not necessarily. He has episode guarantees per contract year and if those weren’t met, they’d essentially be paying him for episodes he didn’t film. However, he was on so much, it’s possible that they already met them. Or they just let him out of his contract a few months early.

Letting him out for a few months to do his netflix series and then return made much more sense when they thought the series was going to film last summer. The strike delays meant they’d be bringing him back for like a month if he isn’t interested in re-signing (which almost no one thought he would) and then they’d be left doing an immediate recast. At least this way, if they recast, there will be a break between actors. Though now I’m suspecting that Trina’s line about how the memorial was barely anything was a hint that they are going to give him a onscreen funeral because the character isn’t returning anytime soon. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It also might be that NAC will return to wrap up Spencer's story for the time being, and he'll do that on a recurring basis.

As far as things go, NAC has completed Spencer's arc. It's probably better to bring a new guy in.

• Like 4

Has anything been said recently about JJY's health and when we might see Mac again? Because I'm cautiously optimistic about what this team might do with Mac and Cody.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I think I saw the JJY was doing a zoom event with KW recently. Forget the details.  But I haven't seen anything about him resuming filming. I, too, am curious to see what they do there story-wise.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, tessaray said:

Has anything been said recently about JJY's health and when we might see Mac again? Because I'm cautiously optimistic about what this team might do with Mac and Cody.

I seem to recall a YT update where he said if all goes well with his treatment he might be taping again in spring or summer. That was back in December or something. I can't be sure. I just hope he focuses on getting well and building his strength. I can't bear the thought of losing JJY on top of so many others.

• Like 4
  • Love 5