Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I meant Heather supposedly only first set eyes on Esmé at Shady Brooke, so how could Heather be her nanny?

I don't see how the show can retcon Heather being Esmé's nanny after we heard her moping to Ryan about missing out on her life as Esmé's mother.

I think you mean Spring Ridge?

As for the latter, come on, now! You know this show retcons shit on a weekly basis! Of COURSE Heather is also Esmé’s nanny!🙄🙄🙄🙄

Alley looks too much like Laura for me to accept her as Heather.

It is absolutely supposed to be a callback to what Heather did with Steven Lars and the Taylors (a great deal of that story is on YT BTW, and it's good). It just doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless this is just some fan's disorganized spec (like fans putting forth the 'theory' last year that Sonny's latest adversary was R.J. Gannon from OLTL which, sorry, I love Tim Stickney but no way that was happening).

Edited by jsbt

God, do these writers have an original thought in their heads? Either they are doing poor retelling of other peoples prior work or they are rehashing the same damn storyline, where the original version wasn't that good to begin with. Sometime a combo of both those things.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

It is absolutely supposed to be a callback to what Heather did with Steven Lars and the Taylors (a great deal of that story is on YT BTW, and it's good). It just doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless this is just some fan's disorganized spec (like fans putting forth the 'theory' last year that Sonny's latest adversary was R.J. Gannon from OLTL which, sorry, I love Tim Stickney but no way that was happening).

The Lazy Susan with the two glasses of iced tea, one laced with LSD!  Such a great scene.

Yeah, I'm going with this is fan speculation that has no basis in fact.  Prove me right for bloody once, writers.

• Like 3

So I am going to put forth some speculation based on some ideas I’ve seen on line. Instead of Ava accidentally killing Nik, I’m going with Nik killing Austin’s cousin in defence of Ava and Austin is going to be there. 
Mason seemed very interested in Ava. I wonder if he’s the original hook who covered up the attempt on Ava’s life by hooking Brando and Rory. 
He may follow her to Windermere, try to kill her which will end up with his death by Nik. 
Nik will have to disappear, Austin will help hide Mason’s body which makes him an accomplice.

Oh what a tangled web we weave….

• Like 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

So I am going to put forth some speculation based on some ideas I’ve seen on line. Instead of Ava accidentally killing Nik, I’m going with Nik killing Austin’s cousin in defence of Ava and Austin is going to be there. 
Mason seemed very interested in Ava. I wonder if he’s the original hook who covered up the attempt on Ava’s life by hooking Brando and Rory. 
He may follow her to Windermere, try to kill her which will end up with his death by Nik. 
Nik will have to disappear, Austin will help hide Mason’s body which makes him an accomplice.

Oh what a tangled web we weave….

Oh, this makes a lot more sense than Ava kills Nik and they hide his body. 

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Did Nik honestly think Sonny or Carly would just hand over Avery no questions asked? Dumbass

Ava's the dumbass here, IMO. Did she honestly think Sonny or Carly would just hand over Avery to Nik with no questions asked? 

I know Nik primed the pump by talking about Ava losing Lauren and all of that, but that's all it was—talk. He wanted to hurt Ava as deeply as he could, and he knew her children were her weak spot. Threatening Avery is probably the most hurtful thing he could do to Ava, but I honestly can't see him following through.

I really hope Ava and Austin open the closet and Nik is gone. There's no reason to actually kill him off, and having him be missing leaves a lot of open possibilities. Of course, this is GH, the soap allergic to soap.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
32 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Fixed that, as Carly has zero say in Avery.

While Carly doesn’t have any legal right, both Ava and Sonny allow Avery to stay overnight with Carly so Avery doesn’t miss time with Donna and Carly.

Carly would not trust Nik around Avery for a handoff especially with how sketchy he has been acting and his relationship with Avery is not on the same level as Carly’s who been in Avery’s life since birth.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Back to guessing. 
Nik isn’t dead. He’s going to disappear from wherever Ava dragged him to. 
Did Nik honestly think Sonny or Carly would just hand over Avery no questions asked? Dumbass

I was thinking that too, but really, Austin? "First do no harm", and all that-he didn't immediately rush in and examine Nikolas? "Oh, okay Ava, if you say he's dead, I'll take your word for it!" I mean I'm seriously hate watching this show right now and by hate watching I mean, I'm beginning to hate myself for watching. Ooof.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 1
On 2/7/2023 at 6:46 PM, Gam2 said:

My two favorite characters are Ava and Austin. Go forth and prosper.

Ava is also my favorite. But Austin? I like RoHo, so it’s possible he could become a fave, but first they have to give him a personality. And a reason for existing aside from his cousin’s vague skulky shenanigans. But there is potential here! And Ava energizes every character she’s paired with, so I’m leaving the light on.

• Like 6

As their prospects grow dimmer, Frank has always strategized on which popular actors to chain the OLTL stars to try and ensure their longevity. Roger and Easton were parked with Becky because they know how devoted her fanbase is and that it was guaranteed some popularity, and now they're trying to put him with Maura. They had intense chemistry as Ava and Franco, but he was Franco which poisoned that chalice. Austin is not interesting.

Edited by jsbt
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Any rumours that RoHo will be leaving or will Austin survive?

I'm glad that Austin survived but this big nothing of what his role at Wyndermere just reinforces to me that the writers have no idea what to do with him.

RoHo is not to everyone's taste but he can do so much better than a body underneath the coffee table.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I know he has fans but I don’t think they should have brought Roger back as a new character once they determined Franco wasn’t working (his words). There’s plenty of decent actors who got let go because their characters didn’t take off or ran their course. Austin has been a waste of screentime since his introduction and truthfully, I don’t think he has the range to differentiate his characters. They’re all pretty much the same after a while

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm glad that Austin survived but this big nothing of what his role at Wyndermere just reinforces to me that the writers have no idea what to do with him.

RoHo is not to everyone's taste but he can do so much better than a body underneath the coffee table.

It’s obvious that Frank and the writers don’t care for/don’t have any respect for Roger Howarth anymore.  They took Franco away for whatever reason, then they threw Austin at him and do nothing with him.  They should just let him go.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think he has the range to differentiate his characters. They’re all pretty much the same after a while

That may be true, but if so, I don’t think it’s entirely his fault. I think the writers have their impression of what a “Roger Howarth character” should be, and they write to that. So no matter what they name the character, it fits the same general mold. That would also explain why every Michael Easton character is interchangeable.

• Like 8

I think I'm okay with RoHo hanging around until they find the right story for him. It wasn't so long ago that there was very little hospital in General Hospital. I don't want to risk losing a doctor and a Q so the stable boy and baby Jason can get more screen time. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
On 1/17/2023 at 6:33 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Except isn't Lulu still in a coma? Can't see Laura having TWO of her kids in a coma.

Come to think of it, does this show even remember Lulu? *shrug*

Unpopular opinion around these parts but my soul hurts at what they've done to Laura's babies. Haven't watched GH in full and haven't since they killed off SK's AJ. That was it for me.

I've been watching Spencer and Trina scenes on youtube which is what turned my head but I still haven't watched a full show in over 9 years and since they seemed to have killed off Nik I certainly won't be.

All I wanted was Tyler and NAC in scenes together but GH thought the 60th anniversary was a great time to murder Laura's first born child. I understand that Maura West is a fan favourite due to her incredible talent but Ava and whoever Howarth and Easton are playing this week don't mean jack to me. Give that airtime to Laura, Anna, Felicia, Taggert and Trina, Trina and Spencer and the damn Quartermaines. I don't care about these OLTL ccast-offs. I don't care! I'm hoping that MC and AH "Nikolas" will be ruled as imposter Connor or somebody and the real Nikolas TC will emerge, someone who would never sleep with his son's teenage girlfriend then blame her for it I know its a longshot but it's canon in my head because life is miserable enough. It's also canon in my head that he comes back with Stephen Nichols' Stefan as his father not uncle. I don't accept the retcon and I never will.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Call me a RoHo stan but I truly feel all the characters he’s played are different. There may be some similarities but they are largely different characters to me.

Todd Manning was nothing like Paul Ryan, IMO. And Paul and Todd were nothing like Franco. We haven’t seen too much with Austin yet but he doesn’t remind me of Franco. 

Again, I admittedly love RoHo. He is the reason I started watching soaps. I was mesmerized by his performance as Todd Manning so I’m biased. But I truly never understand the claim that every character he plays is the same. They’re all different to me but I guess it’s subjective anyway. 

IMO, Todd was the darkest character he ever played. When ppl said Franco was just like Todd, I wondered if they actually watched Todd. The man never smiled or laughed. He was perpetually sour and hostile. He had massive sexual hang ups. He was cautious about who he loved. He was insanely jealous. He was ridiculously cruel at times. He handed his wife a can of dirt and told her it was her dead, cremated baby when he had actually given the baby to some nuns because he didn’t think it was his kid! I can’t imagine Franco doing that. Todd was riddled with issues. Franco - as played by RoHo - was none of those things, IMO. I honestly don’t get the comparison but to each his/her own. 

The rumor is the ABC executives didn’t like Franco’s “rapist” past, and that’s why they got rid of the character. I’m glad (big surprise there, right) they gave RoHo a new character to play because that decision wasn’t his doing. I still say it was a mistake because Franco and Friz were insanely popular, but that’s JMO. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, lala2 said:

When ppl said Franco was just like Todd, I wondered if they actually watched Todd.

Same.  Franco (as portrayed by RoHo) was nowhere near as dark as Todd.  I think Todd Manning was one of the best characters in all of daytime.  Very complex.  Nowadays I think writers would be too afraid of societal pressures to write a character like that.  I’m also a huge RoHo fan and I’m glad he’s still on GH, although I really hate that they got rid of Franco.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Same.  Franco (as portrayed by RoHo) was nowhere near as dark as Todd.  I think Todd Manning was one of the best characters in all of daytime.  Very complex.  Nowadays I think writers would be too afraid of societal pressures to write a character like that.  I’m also a huge RoHo fan and I’m glad he’s still on GH, although I really hate that they got rid of Franco.

Right?!?! I remember telling someone that Todd Manning was way darker than Franco ever tried to be!! 

And there’s no way writers would write anyone like Todd today. No way! I’m with you in seeing him - when portrayed by RoHo - as one of the best daytime characters ever written! 

I just enjoy his acting. It’s the little things he does that stay with me. I liked the way he poked his head up last week and told Felicia to stop throwing shade! 🤣 That was hilarious! I would definitely prefer Franco on my screen but I’m just happy Roger is still around to enjoy!!

• Like 1

I loved Roger Howarth when he showed up to work at OLTL, which wasn't always. I watched him faithfully for decades and when Todd's character worked and wasn't a complete void he was a major favorite of mine for a long time. But the fact is he can't function on a soap opera today the same way. There's no room post-Harvey Weinstein for a show in which a serial rapist millionaire tycoon is the romantic lead along with his rapist twin (Victor Lord Jr). I have long been fine with parting with him.

What makes Franco far worse than Todd is not his disposition; it's the fact that he was a known serial killer who the GH audience was now expected to embrace simply because he was played by soap actor Roger Howarth from another show. Little to no redemption arc was given nor was he ever absolved of his murderous past; Franco simply became very soft-spoken and wore lots of flannel shirts instead. Back when this started happening onscreen we used to call him "Gentle Farmer Franco" around here to mark the attempted transition.

I think Roger has tried at GH in a series of thankless situations and two thankless roles. He's legit showed up to work. It's not like at ATWT where he was very clearly and poorly playing Todd by another name and continued on there for years while unpopular with the audience simply because CBS refused to let a name soap star go. At GH he at least had some of the Becky Herbst fanbase behind him. But the fact is a lot of the audience never accepted a serial killer being the romantic lead, they thought it was disgusting, and when the network changed management he faced the consequences of the role GH chose to put him in after Todd. That's not his fault. But I was glad to see Franco buried, I consider it a black mark on the show and I don't think Roger Howarth needs to be on this show anymore. And I watched him play Todd on and off for 20 years. YMMV.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 7

Since this is the Spoilers and Speculation thread - and we are doing neither at this point - I’ll just say I wholeheartedly disagree with everything @jsbt has said regarding Paul and Franco.

I will agree that Todd couldn’t be written as he was in today’s world but that is neither here nor there. 

I appreciate RoHo in any way I can get him. 

• Like 1

If the show was "show"ing, today's Anvil with Ava and Trina would lead to Esme (faking her amnesia) accusing Ava of pushing her off the parapet  and Ava coming clean about Nik due to needing an alibi. Spencer and Trina would go on the run (with Uncle Victor hot on the trail) to find Spencer's Dad (Tyler Christopher) they would weave the Anna/Valentin plot into this one and eventually Anna and Valentin would come across Nik and Spencer and Trina would come across them and Victor would come across all of them. Hijinx ensue and we get two capers for the price of one. But I'm pretty sure the show doesn't care that much.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Dave Rupel recently talked about GH 60 and it seems like Spencer/Trina will be involved in an throwback/old school storyline come May sweeps. Some are speculating its bringing back Ice Princess storyline and getting involed with Anna/Val. Also touches on May sweeps in general and Sonya Eddy tribute:

Dave Rupel

Edited by Cheetara1986
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Dave Rupel recently talked about GH 60 and it seems like Spencer/Trina will be involved in an throwback/old school storyline come May sweeps. Some are speculating its bringing back Ice Princess storyline and getting involed with Anna/Val. Also touches on May sweeps in general and Sonya Eddy tribute:

Dave Rupel

That’s why I have to roll my eyes at the Spencer/Trina fans crying, “They haven’t touched each other since they kissed!!111!!!”  I’m like, can y’all wait?  Because they’re going to be on a whole lot come May.  As if they’re already not on enough.

• Like 3
On 3/16/2023 at 5:25 PM, Cheetara1986 said:

Dave Rupel recently talked about GH 60 and it seems like Spencer/Trina will be involved in a throwback/old school storyline come May sweeps. Some are speculating it’s bringing back Ice Princess storyline and getting involed with Anna/Val. 

Luke & Laura Summer on the Run, Gen Z version (minus the rape)? I’m here for it!

• Like 6
On 3/16/2023 at 6:25 PM, Cheetara1986 said:

Dave Rupel

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Luke & Laura Summer on the Run, Gen Z version (minus the rape)? I’m here for it!

This sounds waaaay better than having Spencer and Trina spend the summer fighting for custody of giant adorable infant. 

• Like 8

I'm irritated only because it means Victor's mysterious plan, which he's been alluding to for over a year, probably won't start to move for another three months, which means his ED troubles are just a placeholder.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So, are there ever any good spoilers anymore? I browse Reddit occasionally and see stuff like this:

Spoiler

Sounds like something happens to Anna.

Holly reunites with an old friend; Sonny leaps into action. Later, Michael hears him out and finally, Sonny is berated by Robert; Dante comes to a grim conclusion; Laura shares her suspicions. Later, her and Felicia put their heads together; Carly and Josslyn offer their help; Maxie is distressed; Cody is desperate; Willow makes an urgent request; Spencer issues a threat; Jordan wants answers; Nina breaks bad news; Sam seeks out Alexis; Valentin is frantic; Victor lays out his plan; Gladys fishes for information; Brook Lynn makes a big decision; Chase voices his gratitude; Trina is determined; Finn puts Gregory on the spot; Alexis receives a touching offer; Diane takes on a new client; Curtis supports Portia.

submitted by /u/JB92103
[link] [comments]

https://www.reddit.com/r/GeneralHospital/comments/12964pl/tldr_for_spoilers_april_314/

But it's all so cryptic. About the only guess I have is that Chase gets his job back? (It's probably too much to hope that Liesl disappears before the transplant.)

• Like 2
14 hours ago, tessaray said:

But it's all so cryptic.

It's like those horoscopes that can apply to everyone. Spencer has been issuing threats for months; Jordan is the police commissioner so she's always looking for answers, Laura and Felicia have been working together for weeks. And so on.

• Like 5

I think those "spoilers" are just the cable guide descriptions for the episodes all strung together. I too miss the days where there were active spoilers and set gossip and whatnot. And don't get me started on the "spoilers" on YouTube which seem to be generated by a Steve Burton obsessed AI.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

From the Press Club thread, Helena is coming back. I’m guessing Austin and cousin might work for her, as they often referred to a “she” being their boss? It would explain why they would want to keep Nik alive.

They seem a little low brow for her, but good help being hard to find…

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Since I believe in mental preparation;

• April 25 - Willow gets bad news (again)
  • April 26 - Willow prepares to walk down the isle
  • April 27 - It's Michael and Willow's wedding day

So we have a day that's about to last 9 whole days. *sigh*

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

More than nine!

As I write this, it's April 14, and the McBorings are getting married "tomorrow".  I'll be eager to see how far the Haunted Star travels in the same 24 GH hours. I suspect they'll be closer to the coast of Bolivia Venezuela by April 21st than Michael and Willow are to an actual ceremony.  

• Like 3
8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

monty python and there was much rejoicing GIF

Yay?

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

2 more weeks of this 'tomorrow' shit.  Willow, to quote Austin Powers "why won't you die?!?"

• Like 4
  • LOL 3