Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

A couple of spoilers at the link below raised my eyebrows a millimeter: 

January 19: "Sonny launches a pretty intense accusation at Carly, who is wildly offended. (But will she deny it? That’s the real question!)" 

January 20: "Ever wonder what it might be like to see Michael get really, truly, over-the-edge angry? Well, wonder no more, ’cause he’s about to explode!"

https://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/spoilers/

(I feel as though we've seen Grumpy Cat angry a lot, actually. Both the low-grade pissy version and the loud shouting version.) 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

From the January 18 spoilers: "There was a time when Michael was considered something of a softie. But he’s developed more of a harsh edge of late, so it’s not surprising that he’s not ready to offer his forgiveness." LOL. What "harsh edge"? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

From the January 18 spoilers: "There was a time when Michael was considered something of a softie. But he’s developed more of a harsh edge of late, so it’s not surprising that he’s not ready to offer his forgiveness." LOL. What "harsh edge"? 

Lol I assume that’s what his temper tantrums are supposed to come off as

• LOL 4

So the news that Jane Elliott is coming back for a spell seems to be leading to speculation that the show might resurrect Luke for the 60th anniversary. 

No one asked me but if they had, it would be a huge NO. Without Lucky and Lulu and Laura happily remarried, what would be the point? I liked Luke and Tracy as friends and partners in crime but not as romantic partners. Tracy deserved better. We deserved better. And I say that as an OG fan of L/L until they retconned the couple's life together. 

I would happily accept whatever nonsense explanation they came up with if they brought back Stefan.  So I'm easy.  🙂  There are just a handful of characters that are so toxic (**cough**Jason**cough**) they suck the life out of the show. And Luke is at the top of my list.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

He's got all the harsh edges of an over-tired two year old whose mommy won't let him jump off the roof.

Also, unless this unforgiveness is directed at Carly, I'll pass.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

A couple of spoilers at the link below raised my eyebrows a millimeter: 

January 19: "Sonny launches a pretty intense accusation at Carly, who is wildly offended. (But will she deny it? That’s the real question!)" 

January 20: "Ever wonder what it might be like to see Michael get really, truly, over-the-edge angry? Well, wonder no more, ’cause he’s about to explode!"

(I feel as though we've seen Grumpy Cat angry a lot, actually. Both the low-grade pissy version and the loud shouting version.) 

Hmm. I wonder if this means we are getting some real fallout for Carly.  I think that Michael being furious and unforgiving is the soapy way to go, but I didn't dare hope for it.  Because Carly.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
12 minutes ago, tessaray said:

So the news that Jane Elliott is coming back for a spell seems to be leading to speculation that the show might resurrect Luke for the 60th anniversary. 

It is highly unlikely the show truly intended to kill Luke Spencer off in an offscreen ski lift accident. Whatever happens or whoever appears, there is no way IMO that that was not intended as some fakeout. In the meantime, it is insane that no one on the show has taken retribution against Victor for allegedly executing it. Laura, Robert and Lucky alone would not stop until he was dead.

I will not be surprised at all if TG appears as part of the anniversary to resolve this, but one way or another whatever people's feelings about Luke or TG it is ridiculous they have left that story point hanging for so long.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

I’m 50/50 on if these scenes will be cringeworthy or UCG but hopefully the “anger” will be directed at someone other than Nina.  

There I go, getting my hopes up again.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

"Ever wonder what it might be like to see Michael get really, truly, over-the-edge angry?

We’ve already seen it, when he first found out Sonny killed AJ and Michael was awesome for all of two seconds.  I was rooting for him back then, but of course I knew it wouldn’t last.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What forgiveness? Is someone going to point out to him that his mother kept the secret that Nina is Willow's mother for 8 months?

i know it will never happen but I really want Nina to refuse to donate her bone marrow to save Willow. Michael and Willow are such awful people they deserve it.

4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Will his head explode? Please let his head explode.

Michael has been on such a vindictive rage mission since he found out that Nina didn't tell them about Sonny and then that Sonny wasn't going to kill her that I am so over Michael and his pissy fits.

• Like 2
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

It's so backward: Michael doesn't hold a grudge for something he should (Sonny killing an unarmed AJ in cold blood) and holds a grudge for something he shouldn't (the Sonny/Nina nonsense). And this nimrod is supposedly the young(er) male lead. 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 8
45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Will his head explode? Please let his head explode.

Only if it takes out Willow, too.  He hasn't had a girlfriend die by that, yet, so it's overdue.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

I saw something about this on Twitter, wasn't sure if it was just idle speculation, but has there been any indication that might try and put Brook and Cody together?  Given I still think of Amanda Setton and Josh Kelly as scheming sibs Kimberly Andrews and Cutter Wentworth from OLTL, that would require an adjustment on my part lol.

56 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I wonder, IF Michael has a true temper tantrum and disowns his Mom, will he turn to Sonny and forgive him?

Don't forget, he also turned his back on her during his Michael Quartermaine era, but of course she immediately had everyone in town telling him to stop being so mean to her.  Ugh.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I saw something about this on Twitter, wasn't sure if it was just idle speculation, but has there been any indication that might try and put Brook and Cody together? 

The interactions between Cody and Brook Lynn and Sasha and Chase this week all struck me as chem testing, but I hope they don't put Chase and Sasha together. Not sayin' Cody and Brook Lynn are the answers, but Chase and Sasha both need someone with more umph to make them interesting. Together, they'd be so vanilla.

Edited by Fellaway
Spelling counts.
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I wonder, IF Michael has a true temper tantrum and disowns his Mom, will he turn to Sonny and forgive him?

I can't see Michael getting mad at his mother, he's always been such a big cheerleader for her, I anticipate that he would agree with her reasoning that she did it to spare Willow the pain of knowing that Nina is her mother.

If Michael gets angry, it would be more likely to be at Sonny for being with horrible Nina who now Michael and Willow will be forced to feel grateful to. i wonder if he will ramp up trying to bring Sonny down.

15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

has there been any indication that might try and put Brook and Cody together? 

They're chem-testing Sasha and Cody right now, and I think that's the pairing Cody will get. Brook and Chase will reconcile eventually.

11 hours ago, nilyank said:

I actually think Michael is going to get mad at Dex for his involvement with Joss. 

Yep. Michael has told Dex to stay away from Joss more than once, and those chickens will come home to roost. Zzzz.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Zzzz.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Michael should have his hands full right now with Willow's illness and treatment, Wylie's mental health, probably a premature baby delivered so that Willow can get the transplant and figuring out how Nina now fits in. And then there's  his vendetta against Sonny.

Unless he's displacing, there should be no place in his life right now to explode at his former employee for dating his adult sister.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

his former employee for dating his adult sister.

Both of those statuses should be enough to keep him from sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong, but Michael is his mother's son through and through in that respect. I wonder if he'll ever discuss Joss and Dex with Carly. It would be enjoyable to see that Carly doesn't have a problem with it and watch Michael splutter.

• LOL 3
On 1/13/2023 at 2:18 PM, jsbt said:
On 1/13/2023 at 2:03 PM, tessaray said:

It is highly unlikely the show truly intended to kill Luke Spencer off in an offscreen ski lift accident. Whatever happens or whoever appears, there is no way IMO that that was not intended as some fakeout. In the meantime, it is insane that no one on the show has taken retribution against Victor for allegedly executing it. Laura, Robert and Lucky alone would not stop until he was dead.

I will not be surprised at all if TG appears as part of the anniversary to resolve this, but one way or another whatever people's feelings about Luke or TG it is ridiculous they have left that story point hanging for so long.

I can remember when Luke/TG was "must-see" soap and sadly, am one of his few supporters on this board. A return would be mind-blowing if the Actor is amenable to it. Everyday life in Amsterdam can't possibly be so compelling that TG couldn't take a few weeks away. Plus, I read that he simply adores JE, so a return from the dead might be a possibility. After all, Laura returned from the dead so many times that the GH kid characters actually made a game of it in the 90s.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 1

TG has has some health issues for a while now. I thought he looked really fragile in that cameo appearance he did when Tracy left for Amsterdam when JE first retired. I'm sure the show would make all allowances (as they did for ES), but I wonder how able he is to film.

Frankly, I'd rather Luke stay dead. He hasn't been missed, even if it's a travesty that no one has seriously gone after Victor for Luke's murder.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Just saw a sneak peak for tomorrow where Spencer wants to hire Diane as his attorney to fight for custody of Esme's baby.

Has he run that by Sonny yet as he is currently living with him. 

9 hours ago, lala2 said:

Spencer wanting custody of his sibling is just a retread of the Michael/Avery/Sonny story. No thanks! None of that is interesting to me! 

At least Michael had a job at ELQ when he went after Avery. How is Spencer going to support this unborn kid? If Victor is going to be his bankroll, Victor might as well be the one going after custody. The whole thing is so galatically stupid.

I really hope they have Diane be the voice of reason here and tell Spencer he's not in a position currently to get any sort of custody.

• Applause 1
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

At least Michael had a job at ELQ when he went after Avery. How is Spencer going to support this unborn kid? If Victor is going to be his bankroll, Victor might as well be the one going after custody. The whole thing is so galatically stupid.

I really hope they have Diane be the voice of reason here and tell Spencer he's not in a position currently to get any sort of custody.

Michael also knew more about taking care of a baby as he was around for Joss and then Avery to help out.

Spencer has no siblings until now and he has never been around younger children.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

At least Michael had a job at ELQ when he went after Avery. How is Spencer going to support this unborn kid?

Not that I don't think it's dumb, but isn't he getting his inheritance, via Ava giving him access now? 

• Like 5

Ava gave Spencer control of his money so he afford to have custody. And since he doesn't have a job or go to college, he's free to spend his days taking care of the baby. 😃😃😃

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The number of times Diane has been the voice of reason can, to quote an old professor of mine, be counted on the fingers of a severely mutilated hand.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9

While this spoiler is stupid and Spencer is a felon, which would normally dissuade any smart judge from giving him custody, we have to bear in mind that Nikolas is on his way out. So this leaves Spender or Esme as an option, but the best thing that can happen to that child is land with Laura, or for Spencer to move in with Laura so that at least he's supervised. 

• Like 4

There would be a kind of poetic justice for Laura (maternal grandmother) and Kevin (paternal great uncle) to raise the child.

But only on soaps do 2 sixty-somethings with profesional careers want to take care of a baby.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

While this spoiler is stupid and Spencer is a felon, which would normally dissuade any smart judge from giving him custody, we have to bear in mind that Nikolas is on his way out. So this leaves Spender or Esme as an option, but the best thing that can happen to that child is land with Laura, or for Spencer to move in with Laura so that at least he's supervised. 

Have Nikolas take his kid on his way out, and then in 10 years or so, bring him back w/the kid. 

• Like 3

Again: Spencer raising a child for any reason is a very, very stupid idea and would only reinforce the bizarre fixation on aging up any young couple or heroine to breeding years and having babies as soon as possible because baby stories are the only easily-approved story in the current daytime climate.

• Like 7
15 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I'm just speculating here, but I bet that Willow's baby is going to die, and Carly is going to steal Esme's baby and pass it off as Willow's.

Dear God, do not let this be true.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
54 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Carly is going to steal Esme's baby and pass it off as Willow's.

And everyone (except Nina, Liesl and maybe Sonny) will tell her that she did the right thing and saved both poor Willow and the baby.

• Like 3