Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

The idea that Cameron Mathieson might be coming back as Drew is just about the most offensive thing I have ever heard (soaps-wise).

No Billy Miller, no Drew!

CM is a horrible actor, and I actually bailed from AMC after watching for decades because I could not stand to see him. How is he even still around?

• Love 5

I wonder why we couldn’t have Billy Miller back. He was the most believable actor on this show in years even if he did have to act opposite Miss Dead Lice.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I wonder why we couldn’t have Billy Miller back. He was the most believable actor on this show in years even if he did have to act opposite Miss Dead Lice.

Let's just say GH and Billy were not a good match. At all.

3 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Why is that to your knowledge? 

Giant Ego? Not getting along with people like MB, LW, and Sbu?   I don't think Frank likes Billy very much and vice versa.  Cameron Mathison is not "Drew" (if this turns out to be true) to me but Billy was never going to be asked back regardless.    However, the show could have done better at getting someone that at least looked like he can pass for Steve's twin. 

1 hour ago, Hater said:

However, the show could have done better at getting someone that at least looked like he can pass for Steve's twin. 

Eh, I actually think CM fits pretty decently in that department, better than BM actually.

• Love 2

Yeah, I put Miller in the "no chance in hell" category. His last year and a half on the show made it unfathomable to me that he would ever return, unless it was far off in the future, there was a new producer, and he had guarantees he probably isn't a big enough fish to secure. His performances in the Kim/Oscar period, especially, looked like a prisoner counting down the remaining days.  

But I didn't buy him as "Jason" and felt Drew was little more than a make-work assignment to burn off a contract, so I wasn't pining for it. Miller's best work on GH was before they had him supposedly get his memory back and reunite with Sam. I actually thought Liz/Rebecca Herbst (in the "Jake Doe" era) was the best of his three major pairings.  

I wasn't a CM fan on AMC. But I can see why they're keen to recast Drew. I'd look for CM's version to get better writing and more of a sense of investment than Miller's got.

• Love 4

I don't think the show ever committed to Miller being Jason, and once it was announced that SBu was coming back to GH, Miller's days were numbered. There's no way SBu would be anyone but the true Jason Morgan. 

I agree with @Asp Burger that Drew was written so Miller could fulfill his contract, so a recast there isn't all that problematic for me.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I agree with @Asp Burger that Drew was written so Miller could fulfill his contract, so a recast there isn't all that problematic for me.

I'm OK with a Drew recast, too, if only because I want to see Sam have to actually admit that Scout isn't Jason's.  Every time she says that I want to punch her.

• Love 10
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm OK with a Drew recast, too, if only because I want to see Sam have to actually admit that Scout isn't Jason's.  Every time she says that I want to punch her.

That's about the only thing I look forward to as well.  I hope Drew also tells Sam to take a hike somewhere and they don't get paired romantically. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
On 6/19/2021 at 9:48 AM, statsgirl said:

Will Carly end up in his bed out of frustration that Jason is bonding with Britt? That would be the easiest way to incorporate him if Matheson is staying long term but it would require Mike to stay in Nixon Fails, at least through MB's vacation.

Haven't seen it here in this thread, but word on the reliable Twitter spoiler streets (those whose spoilers are always correct) is that Jason and Carly are going to have a MOC to save the business. Cue every eyeroll imaginable. The truth is that Jarly has been written romantically for a while, and I've even said they should just pair them up. But of course when I finally take an interest in Jason/Britt is when they decide to do it. 🙄🙄🙄

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

But I can see why they're keen to recast Drew.

To give SBu more screentime?  To give Sam a beau?  If they are going to recast anyone - it ought to be Dr. Stephen Lars and/or Dr. Matt.  If SBu or LW were eye candy, I might want to watch the actors, but these are horrible characters who belong in solitary confinement with no chance of parole.  And MB is hard on the eyes and can barely read his lines.  The cast is already bloated.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Haven't seen it here in this thread, but word on the reliable Twitter spoiler streets (those whose spoilers are always correct) is that Jason and Carly are going to have a MOC to save the business. Cue every eyeroll imaginable. The truth is that Jarly has been written romantically for a while, and I've even said they should just pair them up. But of course when I finally take an interest in Jason/Britt is when they decide to do it. 🙄🙄🙄

Which is just STOOPID-them having a marriage of convenience. Just based on the conversation with that asshat Brick, the other Families don't want her; already caused one minion to betray Mooby's Family to the Novaks. Jason is back and in charge. Just push her out and tell her she has no say. And if that raging SheBEAST think she can have a war with Jason and beat him? PUHLEAZE. Jason said it just last week: she doesn't know the bidnez; didn't know the running of it when Mooby was alive. Just put her in a corner and tell her to run the MetroCourt.

I would rather prefer if Matheson is a Novak; unbelievable as a mafia, but NOTHING about this show has been suspension of disbelief believable for years, so there's that.

I don't want Laura Wright's wish (if she's been pushing for a SheBeast/Jason romantic pairing since she's not Sarah Brown) or for those to bone again.

And I also want a horsie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I didn't watch a lot of when she most recently took over the business, except that one day where they had the shootout on the docks and she arranged for Ava to stand in for Gladys (which still made no sense whatsoever, but good on Ava for volunteering). When she was waxing on yesterday about how did Sonny do it, it was both hysterical and utterly ridiculous. The things you she was listing as far as skills you could say the same thing about the MetroCourt.

All this to say that I agree, she should just step aside and let Jason take care of everything. Especially when she's complaining to the DEAD about how hard it all is.

I don't necessarily think the MOC will be romantic, it sounds like it's more for Jason/Britt angst, which again stupid. They're barely a couple, they haven't even established what their relationship is exactly. And they could have written at least 10 other more believable options for pushing them apart.

• Love 1

They should've found some contrived reason for Carly to marry Jax again instead. They at least have some chemistry and, unlike Jason, Jax has nothing else going on. I feel like his scenes are solely to prop Nina (who has forgotten about him in favor of "Mike") and Joss. 

I really don't need Carly in the middle of the only time I like Jason even a little these days - with Britt. It's like how they threw Michael in the middle of Willow/Chase, pretended she'd pick Michael in any world over Chase, and absolutely destroyed the only good thing a pointless character like Willow had going on.

• Love 11

Relatedly, I saw a spoiler about Britt and Jax having an interaction, making plans to watch 4th of July fireworks together.  I would looove for that to be a purposeful choice on Britt's part, to spend time with Jax to get a rise out of Carly.

• LOL 4

As much as the Mike storyline bores me, I really hope he doesn't instantly get his memory back, because it would be amazing to see his inner circle frustrated with him for not wanting to step into a crazy mob boss world.

• Love 7
(edited)

Oh yes, I want Carly to beg Sonny to remember their life and their love and for Sonny to reject her and embrace being "Mike", even if it's for a little while.  This is for some reason always my example, but my mind always goes to Maria and Edmund on AMC, that she accepted she had been Maria, but was embracing life as "Maureen" with Aidan.

ETA...oooh and it'd be great karma if Sonny felt stifled and pressured by Carly, Jason, Michael, etc. and fled, a la Jason and the Q's after his accident.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh yes, I want Carly to beg Sonny to remember their life and their love and for Sonny to reject her and embrace being "Mike", even if it's for a little while.  This is for some reason always my example, but my mind always goes to Maria and Edmund on AMC, that she accepted she had been Maria, but was embracing life as "Maureen" with Aidan.

ETA...oooh and it'd be great karma if Sonny felt stifled and pressured by Carly, Jason, Michael, etc. and fled, a la Jason and the Q's after his accident.

Bonus points if Monica takes Mike in for Michael's sake -- and he becomes an honorary Q 😏

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, "Mike" can stay at Nina's pad.  Bonus points if Carly walks in on them doing it.

And if Nina smirks at her the way Carly smirked at Bobbie after getting caught with Tony.

• Love 11
(edited)
9 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Bonus points if Monica takes Mike in for Michael's sake -- and he becomes an honorary Q 😏

You are hereby suspended from this board. One year!

Use your time wisely to reflect on your words and blasphemy. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

I don't see how a MOC solves the problem. If Jason is in charge, let everyone know. If some tries to approach Carly ex parte, so to speak, all she has to do is tell Jason. Those two don't need to be married to keep the peace in Port Charles. UGH.

• Love 15
(edited)

Jason looks so grossed out that he has to do this in that promo lol.

Sadly, this won't go the way I want, with either this being Carly's dream come true and her clinging to it tooth and nail, even if Sonny comes back, or them embarking on an actual relationship that Sonny's return soapily complicates.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Not that we need yet another pregnancy, but I’d love for Britt to break up JaseBot and SheBeast by announcing that they brought something else back from Canada, other than the duty free shopping purchases! We see JaseBot truly take an interest in a child of his own and they live happily ever after. SheBeast? Not so much. She plots to pair up Jake with Avery and Danny with DONNA, so if she can’t have Jason, at least her kids can have a piece of him. (Yes, Avery’s not hers, but she does have possession for the foreseeable future.)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

but I’d love for Britt to break up JaseBot and SheBeast by announcing that they brought something else back from Canada, other than the duty free shopping purchases! We see JaseBot truly take an interest in a child of his own and they live happily ever after.

Will never happen. He barely pays attention to the other children he's had with women he loved. What would be different here? Nothing.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Will never happen. He barely pays attention to the other children he's had with women he loved. What would be different here? Nothing.

I've said it before, but I genuinely believe that Jason has not truly wanted to be a dad - as in a hands-on parent - since Michael was little.

I'm not looking forward to seeing Britt scheme to get Jason back/break up this MOC, even if it does make Carly squirm. I'd much prefer her to be like, "well, it was fun while it lasted, but I want no part of this hot mess, see ya, Jason!" That may not be soapy, but I never again want to see two women - I don't care who they are - ripping out each other's hair (literally or figuratively) over the likes of Jason Morgan.

• Love 10
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I've said it before, but I genuinely believe that Jason has not truly wanted to be a dad - as in a hands-on parent - since Michael was little.

I'm not looking forward to seeing Britt scheme to get Jason back/break up this MOC, even if it does make Carly squirm. I'd much prefer her to be like, "well, it was fun while it lasted, but I want no part of this hot mess, see ya, Jason!" That may not be soapy, but I never again want to see two women - I don't care who they are - ripping out each other's hair (literally or figuratively) over the likes of Jason Morgan.

It would love it if Britt walked away to avoid the drama and Jason was the one pursuing her despite the MOC with Carly.  That would really stick in her craw!

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 14
(edited)

Agreed.  I don't want Britt to be weepy about it, I want her to be like, "Thanks for the lay!" and keep it moving.  I would also be fine, as I mentioned earlier, if she gets into Jax's orbit to drive Carly and/or Jason nuts.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
(edited)

Joey Novak? That can't be a coincidence. I gather the Ryan's Hope Novak crime family from NYC is attempting to establish a presence in Port Charles. It'll be interesting to see if/how the writers are going to tie this into the already established connection with Ava, since Delia has been identified as her birth mother. There's quite the complex history to mine with Ava's mom and the Novaks, if the GH writers so choose...

Edited by giovannif7
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, giovannif7 said:

Joey Novak? That can't be a coincidence. I gather the Ryan's Hope Novak crime family from NYC is attempting to establish a presence in Port Charles. It'll be interesting to see if/how the writers are going to tie this into the already established connection with Ava, since Delia has been identified as her birth mother. There's quite the complex history to mine with Ava's mom and the Novaks, if the GH writers so choose...

Wait. Delia is Ava's mother? I know I missed a few years but does that mean IK has been on as both Delia and Roxie? Or did I misunderstand a line mentioning Roxie recently? 

5 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Wait. Delia is Ava's mother? I know I missed a few years but does that mean IK has been on as both Delia and Roxie? Or did I misunderstand a line mentioning Roxie recently? 

Roxie is Finn's a lizard and his emotional support animal.

Ava's birth mother was Delia before she gave her up for adoption. They connected later in life and Ava found out that she was a Jerome.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

Roxie is Finn's a lizard and his emotional support animal.

Ava's birth mother was Delia before she gave her up for adoption. They connected later in life and Ava found out that she was a Jerome.

Lol. With the past OLTL connections (John McBain) it wouldn't have surprised me if she had made an appearance.  An emotional support lizard, huh? Okay...

I must admit that when the Jeromes first appeared I ff'ed a lot.  

(edited)
5 hours ago, giovannif7 said:

I KNEW that name sounded familiar!  

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 2