Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I don't want Cameron killing Franco either. That would just be too heavy a deed to put on such a nice kid, even if it were justifiable homicide. Franco and Cameron have developed a nice relationship, so even if Franco went tumor-mad and were coming after Liz with knife in hand at the time, you know Cameron would have terrible guilt for having to go that far.  

I would not miss Franco, and I'd want him gone with RoHo and not recast with someone else. There would still be plenty of story directions for Liz if they deign to write for her.

• Love 7

This week's preview:

Nina wanting to make Carly pay should be something I'm cheering on, but again, the character is so neutered and the performance from Cynthia Watros so blah.  That said, take your best shot, Neens.

Also, Dr. O in a fierce hat! 

• Love 1
On 2/14/2021 at 1:35 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Correct me on this if I'm wrong, but isn't RoHo, his family, based on the East Coast?  Given The Current State Of Things, maybe that would be a factor in him wanting to leave, if the rumor's in any way true?

Relatedly, I don't want Cameron to be a teen killer.

yes   roHo and family live on the east coast so he may want to know continue the show will the covid situation

Yeah . . . . the idea of Cameron killing Franco is beyond disgusting.  I know I'm in the minority but I love Franco. I love the family he has created w/Liz. To me, they are the most realistic, natural family and pairing on the show. I get enjoyment out of all their scenes and interactiosn.

The writers may think it's soapy having Cameron kill Franco, but I don't! That is way too heavy a deed to lay on a kid. Just let that kid go to Standford. If Franco must die (still disagree w/killing him off), then just let him stroke out from the tumor. Nothing long and drawn out. Quick. 

I still hope these rumors aren't true though. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Yeah . . . . the idea of Cameron killing Franco is beyond disgusting.  I know I'm in the minority but I love Franco. I love the family he has created w/Liz. To me, they are the most realistic, natural family and pairing on the show. I get enjoyment out of all their scenes and interactiosn.

The writers may think it's soapy having Cameron kill Franco, but I don't! That is way too heavy a deed to lay on a kid. Just let that kid go to Standford. If Franco must die (still disagree w/killing him off), then just let him stroke out from the tumor. Nothing long and drawn out. Quick. 

I think the issues could have easily been avoided by never making RH Franco in the first place, given the criticisms over Original Recipe Franco (and there were many when James Franco was playing him) and how RC did a terrible job of trying with his redemption story (first, saying they had the 'wrong idea' by playing videos, and then doing the tumor story some time after that, which came across like RC was throwing everything and the kitchen sink at the issue rather than having a cohesive vision).

I do get how some like how Liz isn't embroiled in an asinine love triangle like in the past (where she was often on the losing end once everything was said and done), but it was such an odd creative choice to make when the original Franco wasn't even universally well-received by fans, and it just felt like RC wanted to have an iteration of Todd on the show, but without working towards the years of development that made fans gravitate to that character (RC liked to take shortcuts rather than putting in the work in the storyline, which hurt other characters as well, like TK's Tomas Delgado).

That said, I could do without Cameron killing anyone, except perhaps Jason over what was done to Zander, but given how this show overlooks such things I doubt it'll ever happen (even if it did come up), and it's also why I never want Lila Rae Alcazar coming onto the show because they would turn her into an acolyte of the people who tried to kill her father because of a war Jason started with him.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I think the family is incredibly forced, especially Cameron's acceptance of Franco. I still say that RC gave Roger Hogworth's Franco the family and storyline that should have gone to AJ .

But no, I am not interested in Cam killing Franco; not because Franco would be dead, but I don't want that on young Cam's shoulders. 

• Love 6

I understand Franco isn't for everyone. I'm in the minority in that I liked JF's Franco too. I found him interesting/entertaining to watch. For whatever reason, I just never took him seriously. I also never believed Franco raped Sam. I always thought it was a mind game, so them confirming that years later worked for me. It was very easy for me to accept Franco's tumor and redemption arc. I had no major issues w/the character. I liked him w/Carly, Nina, and Liz. IMO, RoHo just has romantic chemistry w/all his on-screen partners. 

I think they did a great job building up the Friz relationship. It didn't happen overnight. They took their time building it (IMO), so Friz works for me. I like that family and don't want to seem them destroyed for no reason. 

I've heard that WL is no longer on contract, so I don't know what is going on w/the Friz family. I guess we'll find out for sure this week. I doubt the Cameron kills Franco rumors are true since Franco hasn't gone "dark." I guess we'll see. 

• Love 7

I’m indifferent to Franco at best but I don’t think RH is exiting unless someone has info I don’t. Either Franco will somehow come back from the dead or they’re bringing him back as another character. Only because I can’t remember the last contract character exit on this show that wasn’t spoiled by the actor themselves or a soap blog/mag. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m indifferent to Franco at best but I don’t think RH is exiting unless someone has info I don’t. Either Franco will somehow come back from the dead or they’re bringing him back as another character. Only because I can’t remember the last contract character exit on this show that wasn’t spoiled by the actor themselves or a soap blog/mag. 

Right?!? We knew about WDV and ER leaving way before they were actually killed off. We still know nothing about Roger leaving GH. 

9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Yeah I am not ready to say he's truly truly gone just yet.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, statsgirl said:

What??? He's one of the better actors not just in the teen crowd but the whole show itself.

He's probably on recurring. He might be going to college later this year.

• Useful 2

At least he'll be off screen unlike Sonny who is still gracing us with his presence.

I guess we'll have to watch Elizabeth and Cameron be all torn up about this, after watching Sonny's family be sort of torn up about his death, and Trina being torn up about her father's death.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Especially since the go to is killing the wimmins, not the men.

Oh, faked? Jeebus Cripes. So, Jaysus will sit in jail and be charged, while Robert and Mac look for hard proof against Heinrik?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-roger-howarth-on-gh-status/

It's too stupid if his being dead was faked. I'm thinking another character.

Welcome back Todd...

Moving on to someone I want to see on-screen, Amanda Setton's back as Brook next week (please befriend Britt, Brookie!):

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-amanda-setton-on-gh-return/

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Either Roger’s minimums are super low or they are following the Days model and he’s in between contracts because he’s barely been on the past 6 months and now taking a break. And count me as another one who thinks he is coming back as another character from how the article was worded. 

44 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Either Roger’s minimums are super low or they are following the Days model and he’s in between contracts because he’s barely been on the past 6 months and now taking a break. And count me as another one who thinks he is coming back as another character from how the article was worded. 

If that is the case, they should pair him up with someone different. Not Nina. Or Carly. Or Liz.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 2

Are we officially guessing?   Because I’m thinking AJ Quartermaine.    I wanna throw that out there just in case I’m right.   I can see Roger forgoing a raise for a better character with actual roots that can interact with everyone.   

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, pawspawsmeow said:

Are we officially guessing?   Because I’m thinking AJ Quartermaine.    I wanna throw that out there just in case I’m right.   I can see Roger forgoing a raise for a better character with actual roots that can interact with everyone.   

Originally I thought Drew like they brought Nikolas back from the dead to make Valentin more acceptable to the rest of the town. However, that means that he murdered Franco which puts him in the same position as he was before.

I think if they were planning to bring him on a “good” character with ties to the canvas, they would have done it years ago. Why wait until now when a lot of people have accepted Franco and might get more upset at him coming back as someone else?

I’m leaning towards him coming back as a villain but not necessarily Todd. It plays to the actor’s strengths and if they just had Franco turn back into the old Franco, it would have made Liz look like an idiot because of how ardently she’s defended him over the years. 

OK, I read on another board that Zander's appearance has something to do with seeing Franco in heaven or the in-between (or whatever) and basically telling him he has to "go back" for Cameron (and Elizabeth, Aidan and Jake), and he does something to help him.... but uhm, I don't see how that can possibly happen now since, uhm, Franco is dead and RHo is gonna be offscreen for awhile? Maybe it was just some crazy spumor.

28 minutes ago, driver18 said:

OK, I read on another board that Zander's appearance has something to do with seeing Franco in heaven or the in-between (or whatever) and basically telling him he has to "go back" for Cameron (and Elizabeth, Aidan and Jake), and he does something to help him.... but uhm, I don't see how that can possibly happen now since, uhm, Franco is dead and RHo is gonna be offscreen for awhile? Maybe it was just some crazy spumor.

When they first spoiled the news, I assumed that’s where they were going with it too. Now I think he just appears to help Cameron deal with Franco’s death. From what I saw, it’s a guest appearance sometime next week and he has scenes with WL. Which is a little hallow to me if they go that route. 

When they had Lucas struggling and had ghost Tony appear to help him, I found it touching but Tony and Lucas had an established relationship and he was a teen when his father died. Cameron wasn’t even born when Zander died so he has no memories of him. Not to mention that they already had a tendency to make Cameron’s relationship with Liz secondary to Franco. 

• Love 3

I hope BL gets better writing this time around. I was excited when they first brought her back but was disappointed with the character. I got a Kristina-level immaturity vibe with her that was unpleasant to watch, especially when they want us to buy her cousin Michael as a successful CEO. Temp BL was better but I’m really curious if it was the writing or how she portrayed the character. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 3/8/2021 at 4:29 PM, lala2 said:

I understand Franco isn't for everyone. I'm in the minority in that I liked JF's Franco too. I found him interesting/entertaining to watch. For whatever reason, I just never took him seriously. I also never believed Franco raped Sam. I always thought it was a mind game, so them confirming that years later worked for me. It was very easy for me to accept Franco's tumor and redemption arc. I had no major issues w/the character. I liked him w/Carly, Nina, and Liz. IMO, RoHo just has romantic chemistry w/all his on-screen partners. 

I think they did a great job building up the Friz relationship. It didn't happen overnight. They took their time building it (IMO), so Friz works for me. I like that family and don't want to seem them destroyed for no reason. 

I've heard that WL is no longer on contract, so I don't know what is going on w/the Friz family. I guess we'll find out for sure this week. I doubt the Cameron kills Franco rumors are true since Franco hasn't gone "dark." I guess we'll see. 

1) Having Sam believed she was raped (for years) and doubting the paternity of a child that she thought was impossible during her entire pregnancy isn't much better, and he did drug her which could have killed her. 

2)Even without the serial killer aspect, using his position as Jake's art therapist to get close to Liz is prohibited for a good reason. Even my own volunteer training in grief support, we were all given strict instructions to not interact with participants outside of the meetings and not contact them for at least two years. Since that was a big sticking point with Dr. Neil dating Alexis (and I was not on Dr.Neil's and Alexis' side on that), even with Dr. O running GH, at the bare minimum he would be instructed on that. Then it was truly creepy behavior of covering up a camera and trapping Liz in the elevator to talk to her and popping up in the backseat of car in empty parking garage. That is disturbing behavior even if Liz wasn't violently raped as a teen. 

3)The most unforgivable aspect for me was when they handed over Liz's Rape Revisit Storyline over to Franco in order for him to realize rape was bad. I thought it was the tumor that made him be evil? Guess not since broadcast Carly's affair with Sonny in front of her young daughter, let a bunch of people think they were going to be killed by a bomb, only confessed Sonny's part in AJ's murder because he was pissed off at Carly not because it was the right thing to do, then helped kidnap a newborn that was violently ripped out of her mother. I wished that Seth Baker did successfully frame Franco, since Franco did gaslight him into thinking Tom was back to being a rapist. Tom wasn't, Franco had kidnapped and put in a dog cage, even though he was keeping his distance from Liz.

4) If Franco is to die, I would rather he not get the sentimental death, but instead be killed by one of his victim's family members,

Spoiler

like that Rosamund Pike's character at the end of "I Care A lot."

Franco was pretty petty bitch about the victims' families taking all of his money, for you know KILLING THEIR LOVED ONES, again post tumor.

5)I feel like Anna and Maxie (Anna more-so) are being sacrificed at the altar of Peter and Franco because Peter and Franco are pets of a kind and Anna and Maxie are legacies that TIIC feel can use and abuse. Finola Hughes' Anna deserves better (and I prefer Holly and Robert).

• Love 5
On 3/10/2021 at 12:08 AM, ffwbe said:

When they first spoiled the news, I assumed that’s where they were going with it too. Now I think he just appears to help Cameron deal with Franco’s death.

Will we ever get an acknowledgement that Lucky raised Cam for YEARS?  Can Laura at least pop by to see Cam and say she talked to Lucky and he's thinking of him or something?

• Love 12
On 3/9/2021 at 8:18 PM, ffwbe said:

Originally I thought Drew like they brought Nikolas back from the dead to make Valentin more acceptable to the rest of the town. However, that means that he murdered Franco which puts him in the same position as he was before.

I think if they were planning to bring him on a “good” character with ties to the canvas, they would have done it years ago. Why wait until now when a lot of people have accepted Franco and might get more upset at him coming back as someone else?

I’m leaning towards him coming back as a villain but not necessarily Todd. It plays to the actor’s strengths and if they just had Franco turn back into the old Franco, it would have made Liz look like an idiot because of how ardently she’s defended him over the years. 

Because it’s the perfect time now.    Steve Burton is Jason again, Sonny is presumed dead, Carly is .... eh Carly.   And Micheal might actually face another custody battle.    Plus, AJ is kinda perfect for Howarth.    It plays to his strengths.  

• Love 4

LOL. Who will Shawn shoot by mistake this go round? Sean Blakemore is a beautiful man, so I'm happy to see him return. Too bad his character is such a dud. (Man, you can say that about so many people on the show.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, rur said:

But he's currently in Pentonvillle, so I'm thinking there's going to be an Alexis connection.

Oh, well there you go. Jason's ass is being sent to Pentonville, so this is the connection.

• LOL 2
19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
4 hours ago, rur said:

But he's currently in Pentonvillle, so I'm thinking there's going to be an Alexis connection.

Oh, well there you go. Jason's ass is being sent to Pentonville, so this is the connection.

They'll set up a PC support group, LOL.

• LOL 3

It gets WORSE: Cameron Mathison moves from Pine Valley to Port Charles!

Only saving grace? Bring back HaydenGreenlee so she can reignite with Finn and throw it in CamMat’s face. Total freeze out! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Pure speculation (and I hope I am wrong):  Thinking he is on his deathbed, Willow marries Chase.  Then Chase magically gets better and Willow and Michael have more complications in their tepid relationship.

Please let me be wrong, and that this trope died in the 90s.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Pure speculation (and I hope I am wrong):  Thinking he is on his deathbed, Willow marries Chase.  Then Chase magically gets better and Willow and Michael have more complications in their tepid relationship.

I can see it. So that they can get sympathy sighs about poor poor Michael.

On 4/15/2021 at 3:38 PM, KittenPokerCheater said:

Oh gawd, I'm having Leo/Greenlee/Laura flashbacks.  Except we were rooting for Greenlee, not Laura.

• Love 2

I'm sure Michael has his fans (as does Charles Manson) but if they do go Michael/Willow/ailing Chase, I'm Team Chase even if Chase is in a coma or is replaced with a crash test dummy or a bunch of pillows stuffed under a blanket.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2