Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

On 2/19/2021 at 4:22 PM, deirdra said:

Meghan, in the US many women cannot afford to take the up to 12 weeks of unpaid maternity leave that the Family and Medical Leave Act "entitles" them to.

Nor have months of parental bereavement leave. Meghan has no clue how privileged she is. 

• Love 15
33 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Nor have months of parental bereavement leave. Meghan has no clue how privileged she is. 

Right. At my job, you get one day if it's the loss of an immediate family member. You would have to use leave time for any other days you want off, and there are limits to it. You can't just say you're struggling and be gone for months on end. You'd probably find yourself out of a job. I've worked with widows who dealt with really bad depression. Imagine losing a soulmate while you're still young. They'd still get scolded if their productivity went down. Years ago I also worked with someone who lost his child due to a car accident. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to come back to work almost immediately and keep it together very well. He was just more quiet. 

I think Meghan having no idea how privileged she is probably affects her views on abortion too. Has Meghan ever had a good friend who got pregnant by a man who's not supportive, doesn't make much money herself, and doesn't have rich parents? (We all know she calls tons of people friends, and I'm sure some of them have had abortions. I'm referring to a true close friend who's not wealthy.) A friend of mine was recently in those circumstances. She's a Republican and a Christian who wants to be a mother, but she didn't feel like she could handle a baby right now. She's not much younger than Meghan, but like many Americans she still struggles supporting herself. She works two jobs and is in school. 

What I find interesting is Meghan is for paid family leave, but even saying how her perspective on healthcare changed once her father got sick, she sees being a parent as more of a right than she does being healthy. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Yesterday, Meghan tweeted, "Slow your roll, 2021! My God!"  The tweet she referenced is now unavailable.  Does anyone know what she was referencing?

Maybe she broke a nail.

Edit - okay, I see she broke more than that, but I knew it would somehow be her equating something that happened to her with the stuff that's affecting everybody. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

She continued to badmouth Dr. Fauci on Twitter and is getting filleted for it.  She is like a kid who just can't resist kicking the hornet's nest. She must like getting stung.

Maybe if she's going to badmouth him, she could at least spell his name correctly.  Her tweet refers to him as "Dr. Fauchi".  She also spelled "altar" incorrectly.  

Her tweet for anyone who's interested:

If you click anywhere in the body of the tweet, it will take you to the entire thread, with all the replies.  She's basically getting ripped for her "opinion".  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Is Fauchi any relationship to Chachi? 

Meghan can say what she wants about Fauci. Just makes her look incredibly ignorant. Anthony Fauci doesn't walk on water but he is honest and doesn't appear to be guided by anything but his scientific knowledge and experience. He's not trying to be famous--just trying to do what he was trained to do. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Maybe if she's going to badmouth him, she could at least spell his name correctly.  Her tweet refers to him as "Dr. Fauchi".  She also spelled "altar" incorrectly.  

Her tweet for anyone who's interested:

Oh please Meghan, not a phony my ass. We know your opinion will always be to echo whatever your party is saying, unless it goes against MyFather of course. If Dr. Fauci were part of your tribe, we all know you'd worship him. Who do you want in charge of the messaging and leadership? Someone to ignore science, trivialize how serious the virus is, say fuck the masks and social distancing, let's gather in large crowds? Why is all that acceptable, but Dr. Fauci is not allowed to make mistakes? Despite his tremendous credentials, he is only human, not a god. No one is asking you to worship him, it's you playing politics as usual that grates. I get the hesitation with not scheduling a vaccine right away when life may not change just yet, but you lose me with the rest. You're entitled to your opinions, but don't expect those of us who see you for the partisan hack you are to respect them. The fact people like you rip him apart so much and whine about what he said about the masks a year ago is exactly why he hesitates sharing information now. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Haleth said:
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I tried to link, but it wouldn't work. You can just google her name and twitter and it comes up.

I don’t do Twitter but thanks for trying. 

I am not on Twitter but i can google people's accounts and read theirs. It doesn't require signing up to do that. Just an FYI.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lovinbob said:

Is Fauchi any relationship to Chachi? 

Meghan can say what she wants about Fauci. Just makes her look incredibly ignorant. Anthony Fauci doesn't walk on water but he is honest and doesn't appear to be guided by anything but his scientific knowledge and experience. He's not trying to be famous--just trying to do what he was trained to do. 

The only time Dr. Fauci wasn't completely transparent was when trump shut him up, didn't allow him to make public statements.  Fauci didn't want to disagree with trump publicly, because he would lose his job - and he wanted to keep working on Covid.   Meghan paints him as a hypocrite because he "said one thing privately and another on the air,"  when that was the trump administration who wasn't allowing him to speak candidly. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

If you click anywhere in the body of the tweet, it will take you to the entire thread, with all the replies.  She's basically getting ripped for her "opinion".  

I read some of the replies. I noticed Meghan never defends herself. She likes to say incendiary things then walk away. I think she is trying to portray herself as some sort of tough gal who isn't afraid of criticism.  But tweeting something you know people will disagree with then not dealing with the disagreements isn't tough. It's cowardly.  I real tough gal would have a debate with someone who disagrees with them not ignore them.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

The only time Dr. Fauci wasn't completely transparent was when trump shut him up, didn't allow him to make public statements.  Fauci didn't want to disagree with trump publicly, because he would lose his job - and he wanted to keep working on Covid.   Meghan paints him as a hypocrite because he "said one thing privately and another on the air,"  when that was the trump administration who wasn't allowing him to speak candidly. 

I have family members saying this too. It's so frustrating, and people like Meghan aren't helping. 

• Love 5

I am loving this tweet above, poster child for entitlement.   Megan is such a hateful person and she oozes so much contempt when she speaks about anybody that her team hates, her target this week is Doctor Fauci, it is because of people like her he has to have bodyguards..

• Love 19
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh please Meghan, not a phony my ass. We know your opinion will always be to echo whatever your party is saying, unless it goes against MyFather of course. If Dr. Fauci were part of your tribe, we all know you'd worship him. Who do you want in charge of the messaging and leadership? Someone to ignore science, trivialize how serious the virus is, say fuck the masks and social distancing, let's gather in large crowds? Why is all that acceptable, but Dr. Fauci is not allowed to make mistakes? Despite his tremendous credentials, he is only human, not a god. No one is asking you to worship him, it's you playing politics as usual that grates. I get the hesitation with not scheduling a vaccine right away when life may not change just yet, but you lose me with the rest. You're entitled to your opinions, but don't expect those of us who see you for the partisan hack you are respect them. The fact people like you rip him apart so much and whine about what he said about the masks a year ago is exactly why he hesitates sharing information now. 

Right ON!!  👍🤗  so well put!

• Love 5
On 2/21/2021 at 9:44 AM, Jaded said:

Part of her is jealous of the amount of attention baby Liberty is taking away from her.

I feel so sorry for that poor baby. If MM is even a tiny bit as hateful and petulant as her public persona in her private life, Liberty is in for a very rough time.

• Love 5

Meghan McCain Whines About Not Getting Her Vaccine, Internet Laughs

Meghan McCain would like to talk to the manager of the coronavirus vaccine rollout because she, an able-bodied wealthy white woman, cannot find out where to get a vaccine. Never mind that the supply is limited, we’re facing massive slowdowns because of weather crises, or the fact that the vaccine should be getting to the elderly, medically vulnerable, and front-line workers first. Oh, no, Miss McCain wants it now and anyone who’s keeping her from that needs to be fired.

This is a brief summation of McCain’s latest privileged polemic on today’s episode of The View. McCain’s rant came after playing a clip of Dr, Anthony Fauci, who McCain I guess wants to personally call her to make a vaccine appointment because she’s tired of being responsible. She’s personally offended by “the fact that Dr. Fauci is going on CNN and he can’t tell me that if I get the vaccine, if I’ll be able to have dinner with my family.”

I am guessing she behaves the way she does to get attention.  Mission accomplished I guess.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I read some of the replies. I noticed Meghan never defends herself. She likes to say incendiary things then walk away. I think she is trying to portray herself as some sort of tough gal who isn't afraid of criticism.  But tweeting something you know people will disagree with then not dealing with the disagreements isn't tough. It's cowardly.  I real tough gal would have a debate with someone who disagrees with them not ignore them.

It's called sh@t stirring.  She says the incindiary thing specifically to evoke these kinds of responses. 

It's actually part of her victim complex. By deliberately drawing attack, she can then later go back and claim victimhood over "stating an opinion and being attacked over it". That HAPPENING is the whole purpose of her doing it in the first place. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 11

So here's my weird little theory about Meghan McCain. Meghan is trying to gain the approval of Ben Shapiro. Not because of anything romantic/sexual, but because of what he represents: an "intellectual" Conservative who can project authority (by talking really fast) while "owning the libs." For a long time, Shapiro was contemptuous of McCain (as was now-husband Ben Domenech), but they've become friends as Meghan's views have shifted rightward. Today's Fauci tantrum echoed recent Ben Shapiro tweets and Meghan is finding out the hard way that incoherently repeating those ideas to a larger audience is not going to go over well. She'll either pretend the criticism doesn't bother her or act as if she's a First Amendment martyr.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

So here's my weird little theory about Meghan McCain. Meghan is trying to gain the approval of Ben Shapiro. Not because of anything romantic/sexual, but because of what he represents: an "intellectual" Conservative who can project authority (by talking really fast) while "owning the libs." For a long time, Shapiro was contemptuous of McCain (as was now-husband Ben Domenech), but they've become friends as Meghan's views have shifted rightward. Today's Fauci tantrum echoed recent Ben Shapiro tweets and Meghan is finding out that hard way incoherently repeating those ideas to a larger audience is not going to go over well. She'll either pretend the criticism doesn't bother her or act as if she's a First Amendment martyr.

Meghan's totally reminded me of Ben Shapiro lately with her speed talking! Larry Elder is another person who does this. I haven't noticed any liberals doing it. As someone who naturally talks a little fast myself and sometimes wish people would just spit out what they want to say without lots of pauses, uh's and um's, I even think they need to slow the heck down sometimes. When I watch The View I think, girl BREATHE! The worst thing that can happen is Whoopi Goldberg saying it's time to go to break, not saying you in danger, girl! 😉 Ben's the kind of guy who seems super smart to someone who's not political. I'm not saying he's stupid. I just think he's that nerdy kid who was book smart and a hard worker and quick on his feet, but by no means does that make him this genius who's on right everything, quite the contrary. I agree his confidence and debate skills fool people into thinking he always knows what he's talking about. Even though he's by no means my favorite political commentator, if there were to be a Meghan and Ben Shapiro debate, my money would be on Ben to win and put up a video where he "destroys" Meghan McCain. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

It's called sh@t stirring.  She says the incindiary thing specifically to evoke these kinds of responses. 

It's actually part of her victim complex. By deliberately drawing attack, she can then later go back and claim victimhood over "stating an opinion and being attacked over it". That HAPPENING is the whole purpose of her doing it in the first place. 

Excellent post!  And 1,000% spot on!  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kromm said:

Sad to say this is exactly the same story as Elizabeth Hasselbeck a former View host. She came to the view as a Survivor contestant which was not the kind of experience needed to be the first "conservative voice" on The View but she was hired anyway.

She was so exteme and battled for her team all the time like Nutmeg. Entitled, ignorant and arrogant she drew viewers not to view her intellectual debates with the rest of the panel but to see her grizzly bear like fights. Eventually it ended with her getting canned.

The View seems to have very few game plans to draw viewers but when you have a tired and mostly disinterested host like Whoopie, you need to draw vieweres anyway you can. The joke is really on her, and I am pleased that she is too ignorant like Hasselbeck to realize that they only have her on the show for the fights and sh@t stirring because she has no other skills related to hosting a morning talk show. Eventually the fighting and sh@t stirring will get old and she will be replaced. The last laugh will be on her and everyone will be laughing at her and not with her.

Edited by juno
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Its

It looks like a combover with a braid attached. Or a drunk wearing a Davy Crockett hat sideways.

IT actually looks like a style you'd invent for someone who had a bald spot from alopecia or some other medical condition - " lets give you a braid in front, and swing it over to hide the bald spot" 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

As I expected as soon as Meghan started her rant, she is being fileted in media.  Everyone is focused on I, MEGHAN MCCAIN but I haven't seen anyone include the reason for her wanting to get the shot immediately, that she wants to go out drinking with her friends.  This sense of privilege really should get her fired.  I wonder if she'll take a "sick day" today.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

She just likes the attention it brings her. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

She just likes the attention it brings her. 

Yes. She is really making a name for herself. And it's not a good name. It seems like she is positioning herself as someone you love to hate.  She has been watching too many Real Housewife shows.  Her obnoxious narcissistic behavior isn't going to open doors for her. She will never have as big an audience once she is no longer on the View.  Look at where Elisabeth Hasselbeck is now.  

And I have noticed she will occasionally mention Liberty on her social media and did an interview with pictures with People magazine but never mentions the baby on the View. Guess on the View she only wants to be seen as a professional political pundit.  Even though her hairstyles and makeup suggest otherwise.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, TheView said:

At TYT, they went after Meghan HARD. Ana Kasparian did a killer impression of Princess. 

This was awesome. They said the exact same things so many of us have said. Meghan is so privileged she can't even see how privileged she is.  She is so privileged that when anyone disagrees with her she sees it as an attack and cries about being a victim.  Her co hosts yesterday all had to be thinking bitch you going to be roasted for what you just said.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

This is GREAT. They are as outraged by Meghan as I am.

How many "SHUT UP's" did she say?

That was AWESOME. I counted eight "SHUT UP"s! Hee.

And sorry, but that dude, Jake? was wrong. We do still need to mask up and social distance even after getting the vaccine. You have to give it time to...build up whatever (I'm no scientist or doctor, so blanking on the name) so we're protected. And really until herd immunity is reached and the pandemic dies the DEATH it deserves.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That was AWESOME. I counted eight "SHUT UP"s! Hee.

And sorry, but that dude, Jake? was wrong. We do still need to mask up and social distance even after getting the vaccine. You have to give it time to...build up whatever (I'm no scientist or doctor, so blanking on the name) so we're protected. And really until herd immunity is reached and the pandemic dies the DEATH it deserves.

Antibodies?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Yes. She is really making a name for herself. And it's not a good name. It seems like she is positioning herself as someone you love to hate.  She has been watching too many Real Housewife shows. 

I think you're right about this but my impression of MM is that she is incredibly thin skinned.  If you want to make a career being that person others love to hate I think you have to be a lot tougher than MM appears to be.  

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I think you're right about this but my impression of MM is that she is incredibly thin skinned.  If you want to make a career being that person others love to hate I think you have to be a lot tougher than MM appears to be.  

Which is why she would  never join a Real Housewives show.  They would eat her alive. She would rather stay on the View where the other women are too professional to hand Meghan her ass every single day no matter how much she deserves it.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

This article was from 12 yrs ago but it's still true today!

https://www.creators.com/read/ben-shapiro/10/09/meghan-mccains-big-bust

Wow. That article was misogynistic and brutal. I cannot imagine ever forgiving someone for writing that way about me. I don't like Meghan, but this Shapiro guy is real piece of shit. Isn't this the same guy who didn't understand the benefits of a WAP?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5