Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, falltime said:

IOh, I just noticed she added to her bio on twitter. For a while it was just live free or die.

"Live Free or Die. Rabble rouser. Mountain mama. Conservative cohost @TheView"

I just can't get over how humble she is ... it's amazing that she remains so grounded!!!

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, bannana said:

You should really listen to this. It reveals a lot.

Me-Again reveals that she tapes at an ABC studio in DC.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Wait. She tweets that she wants Biden and his party to work with "her" side?

Truth be told she doesn't even want that. What she means is she wants Biden to adopt the Republican agenda and do that.   With Meghan it's always the same thing. We must understand her side.  We must work with her side.  Does she ever tell  her side to understand the opposing side? Does she ever tell her side they need to work with the other side?

• Love 20
2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Good grief - why did she go off on Bezos and Amazon for helping with COVID?

Because she thinks Bezos is just trying to make Biden look good, because, according to Meghan, he should have offered to help when trump was president. 

Trump had said enough bad shit about Bezos over the years, that there was a lot of animosity there.  Even if Bezos did offer to help, trump would have reacted poorly.   Meghan's just pissed because "her side"  couldn't work well with others, and Biden is getting people to work together in a cooperative way.  

• Love 22
On 1/21/2021 at 10:36 AM, GoldenGirl90 said:

She’s either a walking contradiction or a big phony, possibly (probably) both. 

She's been doing this for years, saying why can't we all just get along, but she's one of the biggest offenders. 

• Love 12

Her constantly saying Fauci lied so she gave her mask - that she got in Japan - away. I'm trying to remember if she has said who she gave them to. Why give them away if they don't work. Did she want the other person to catch covid? Poor person.

Her overdrawn lips are a disaster.

Edited by falltime
Added sentence
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, falltime said:

Her constantly saying Fauci lied so she gave her mask - that she got in Japan-away. I'm trying to remember if she has said who she gave them to. Why give them away if they don't work. Did she want the other person to catch covid? Poor person.

You'd think she gave away diamond encrusted masks the way she has so much remorse over going them away. She's one stingy rich bitch!

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

MeAgain, in the midst of all her negativity toward well, everyone, retweeted Maria Shriver, who posted this positive message:

20 THINGS WE SHOULD SAY MORE OFTEN
1. I love you.
2. I believe in you.
3. You are worthy. You deserve it.
4. The best is yet to come.

5. Stay positive.
6. I was wrong. I'm sorry.
7. Please.
8. How can I help?
9. I'm here for you when you want to talk.

10. You can do it.
11. You've got this and God's got you.
12. Please forgive me.
13. I forgive you.
14. I've got your back.
15. I'm open to your feedback. Make me better.

16. You're not alone.
17. Even if we disagree, we can still be friends.
18. You matter.
19. Thank You.
20. There is greatness inside you.

Laughing Out Loud GIF by memecandy

Edited by bannana
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2

I'm waiting for the day to start watching The View again. That will be when Meghan McCain is gone from the show. I don't see how the show's producers believe that it's a good idea to keep her on, but I suppose they think the hate watching ratings are worth it. Surely there have been a lot of viewers like me who became disgusted with her and quit viewing. It's been a couple of years for me now. When she's trending on Twitter, I know it's not a good thing, unless it's the news that she's left the show for good.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 22
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Because she thinks Bezos is just trying to make Biden look good, because, according to Meghan, he should have offered to help when trump was president. 

Trump had said enough bad shit about Bezos over the years, that there was a lot of animosity there.  Even if Bezos did offer to help, trump would have reacted poorly.   Meghan's just pissed because "her side"  couldn't work well with others, and Biden is getting people to work together in a cooperative way.  

I was waiting for someone to bring this up to Meghan, but she talks too fast and there’s so little time for all of them to get their points across before they’re on to a commercial break or the next topic. 

She just glossed over that very important note: Trump has waged war publicly with Amazon and Bezos for years now. Say what you want about Bezos and Amazon even, but why the hell would he extend a helping hand to Trump?! Well played on their part waiting until he left office if you ask me.

Meghan always leaves key details out in her critiques and it’s so aggravating. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 20

MM is not aware Microsoft, Starbucks, Costco etc has stepped up as well as Amazon.

I have no idea why she chose Amazon to step on.

This format on the show today never allows them to actually discuss an issue...yet just 4 or 5 opinions and endless commercials.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 14
On 1/21/2021 at 1:13 AM, bannana said:

Me-Again also said that The View was struggling really hard until she joined the show.

Thanks for posting that. It’s pretty funny she had to go on and on during her introduction that the host guy said, ok that’s our show.  
I don’t understand / get her at all. Pick a damn lane.  Struggling my ass. 
she just seems so unhappy on the show guess they have to bring on a reality star to get her in a good mood.  

• Love 10
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

This format on the show today never allows them to actually discuss an issue...yet just 4 or 5 opinions and endless commercials.

Yeah, it's just Whoopi asking each of them successively, well what do you think...  No discussion/challenging what the other person had to say. It is very tiring.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, cinsays said:

Yeah, it's just Whoopi asking each of them successively, well what do you think...  No discussion/challenging what the other person had to say. It is very tiring.

And often Whoopi, the other hosts and we in the audience have forgotten what it was they were supposed to be thinking about.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Meghan is awesome to put it mildly. How many could be in the minority on a panel of educated yet opinionated ladies on a daily basis? I think she does well, and contrary to comments in this forum, I find her the sweetest and most caring of the women. She is passionate about her political beliefs, but fair. Proof, she crossed party lines as did her smart and savvy mom. She’s caused me to think that if she or her mom ran for office they would get my vote! I share Whoopi’s wisdom in having her on the show. I simply ask that instead of her frequently speaking last, she’s is allowed to speak first more often. The McCains won me over this year!

• LOL 3
On 1/22/2021 at 6:12 PM, bannana said:

MeAgain, in the midst of all her negativity toward well, everyone, retweeted Maria Shriver, who posted this positive message:

20 THINGS WE SHOULD SAY MORE OFTEN
1. I love you.
2. I believe in you.
3. You are worthy. You deserve it.
4. The best is yet to come.

5. Stay positive.
6. I was wrong. I'm sorry.
7. Please.
8. How can I help?
9. I'm here for you when you want to talk.

10. You can do it.
11. You've got this and God's got you.
12. Please forgive me.
13. I forgive you.
14. I've got your back.
15. I'm open to your feedback. Make me better.

16. You're not alone.
17. Even if we disagree, we can still be friends.
18. You matter.
19. Thank You.
20. There is greatness inside you.

Laughing Out Loud GIF by memecandy

I just saw this post. Let me fix it. 

1. I love me, MyFather, my party and my military. The rest of y'all can fuck off!

2. I believe in me and so should you. I've been in politics all my life. 

3. I am worthy. You don't deserve me as a pundit, but I'll make the ultimate sacrifice and do The View for you. It's my service to the country! It's almost like I'm a soldier now and don't have to ride on my family's coattails anymore. 'Merica!

4. Life sucks. I mean America is awesome! But life still sucks. 

5. Stay negative. 

6. I'm never wrong. That's why it's your job to listen to me!

7. I'M TALKING!!!

8. How can you help me or my tribe? I know I'm healthy, wealthy, have a husband, a baby girl, lots of family and friends, but I am the one who needs help! Joy Behar said she didn't miss me. 😢

9. I'm here for you to listen. I'm very educated and use big words. Maybe not always correctly, but whatever. 

10. I can do it. I'm an intelligent woman. 

11. I've got this. You might too if you're part of my tribe, but not as much as me. 

12. You don't have to forgive me. The Princess of Arizona does no wrong. 

13. Be kind and gentle with me, praise MyFather, bake me lasagna, and I still don't forgive you. 

14. I'm a tough chick! I've got my back. You also need to have my back. 

15. I am not open to your feedback. I am perfection and don't need it. Anyone who criticizes me just hates me because of my politics or my gender! 

16. I'm alone because I'm the only conservative! 

17. If you kiss my ass, maybe we can be friends, good luck if you're on the left though, especially if your name is Joy Behar. 

18. I matter. I'm the only Republican you see! We're like an endangered species. All your Republican family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers do not count! Bet they're all rinos like that damn Ana Navarro. That's the only reason my cohosts and viewers like her better than me! That bitch needs to stay in her lane. 

19. Fuck you. 

20. There is greatness inside me. Do you know who MyFather is? I come from greatness! 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
On 1/21/2021 at 4:13 AM, bannana said:

Me-Again also said that The View was struggling really hard until she joined the show.

I think she's right. Before she joined in 2017, the ratings were flat (even with Joy rejoining in 2015) and the couldn't keep a 'conservative host' for more than a season once Hasslebeck left after 10 years: Nicolle Wallace, Candace Cameron Burre, Paula Faris, Jedediah Bila, and Abby Huntsman (who came on shortly before McCain did).  Raven and Michelle Collins joined after Joy came back, and ratings still suffered. There was so much talk up until 2016 of cancellation - none of the panels clicked with the audience. They seemed to have found the near-perfect fit with Meghan aboard, and yes  -  ratings have gone through the roof, giving them bragging rights to  'most watched daytime show on network TV'.

12 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I think she's right. Before she joined in 2017, the ratings were flat (even with Joy rejoining in 2015) and the couldn't keep a 'conservative host' for more than a season once Hasslebeck left after 10 years: Nicolle Wallace, Candace Cameron Burre, Paula Faris, Jedediah Bila, and Abby Huntsman (who came on shortly before McCain did).  Raven and Michelle Collins joined after Joy came back, and ratings still suffered. There was so much talk up until 2016 of cancellation - none of the panels clicked with the audience. They seemed to have found the near-perfect fit with Meghan aboard, and yes  -  ratings have gone through the roof, giving them bragging rights to  'most watched daytime show on network TV'.

Nah... I think it's because of Trump and it being a not strictly news show where they talk about him and what's happening because of him.  Yeah, some like to watch the snooty brat but I watch despite her being there, not because she's there.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Nah... I think it's because of Trump and it being a not strictly news show where they talk about him and what's happening because of him.  Yeah, some like to watch the snooty brat but I watch despite her being there, not because she's there.

I think that's absolutely the case.  Some credit might go to McCain - she must have some fans and of course a lot of people hate watch just for her - but really I think it comes down to the recent administration and the divisiveness that went with it.  A day did not seem to go by where they wasn't some controversy or another that had people talking - and that doesn't even include the pandemic or BLM protests!  There was literally always something.  Within the next few months (hopefully) politics won't be as much of an all consuming thing so it will be interesting to see how The View moves forward.  If they step up the flogging of all those products or keep bringing on relatively obscure personalities that's going to show in the rating. 

And where McCain is concerned her role is so focused on pushing the conservative POV (well her conservative POV) on politics, I don't know if that will fly if things start to calm down.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Also, ratings did not go down when she was out on maternity leave, so why were those people still watching?

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, cinsays said:

14 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I think that's absolutely the case.  Some credit might go to McCain - she must have some fans and of course a lot of people hate watch just for her - but really I think it comes down to the recent administration and the divisiveness that went with it.  A day did not seem to go by where they wasn't some controversy or another that had people talking - and that doesn't even include the pandemic or BLM protests!  There was literally always something.  Within the next few months (hopefully) politics won't be as much of an all consuming thing so it will be interesting to see how The View moves forward.  If they step up the flogging of all those products or keep bringing on relatively obscure personalities that's going to show in the rating. 

And where McCain is concerned her role is so focused on pushing the conservative POV (well her conservative POV) on politics, I don't know if that will fly if things start to calm down.

I agree with all of this. Meghan is not what is drawing viewers in.  

Elisabeth Hasselbeck constantly bashing an administration that she didn't like got old real fast.   In Meghan's case if there are legit things for her to criticize she might keep her place at the table but if she is nitpicking and misrepresenting things as she is wont to do then I think she might be asked to leave and we will hear I am leaving to spend more time with my family.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Also, ratings did not go down when she was out on maternity leave, so why were those people still watching?

Because it was an engrossing election season. Just about every daytime show which focused on politics (especially cable news shows)  saw their numbers spike the first half of this season (except FOX which saw a significant decline in daytime and prime time ratings since election day). Again, I credit the fact that so many people were working remotely or home-schooling, so they were home during the day paying attention to these shows.

Once she returned on January 4, ratings spiked again - 26% over last year at the same time.  I think the 'early reports' a few days after she returned that her job was in jeopardy (based on her first two or three days) proved totally premature. Those websites should have waited for the ratings to come out. Meghan isn't going anywhere.

2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Those websites should have waited for the ratings to come out. Meghan isn't going anywhere.

Time will tell, of course.  But McCain is mainly there to be the voice of the angry conservative - she was angry when her party was in power and she's angry with them out of power.  It will work if angry politics remains a big thing but if things calm down what does she have to offer?  Personally I think just as people have become exhausted by the pandemic they have become exhausted by the  angry rhetoric coming out of Washington.  The republicans (IMO) need to take the temperature of the nation and maybe accept that at least for a little while people would really like to just stop being so riled up about every thing!  If I'm wrong McCain will thrive - if I'm right I think her time is almost up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Stay on topic - Cindy McCain is not on topic here and some posts are veering too far into political commentary.   It is fair to discuss Meghan's effect on the ratings but keep your comments about her and not about previous or current administrations.  You can PM your moderating team @statsgirl  @helenamonster  @raven if you are unsure of a post.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:27 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

They're setting themselves up for a major fail down the line. Since I believe the ratings being where they are now is due to consistent rises since Joy came back in 2015 (and that's why they were in the toilet the first year she was gone), this show is going to be screwed when Joy retires. And that isn't a far-off possibility anymore, sadly. If there are many other viewers like me, they've been enduring McCain to see her, but that won't apply to a Joy-less View. Speaking for myself, I would have been willing to keep watching the show post-Joy depending on who they cast (like how I came back for Rosie O'Donnell), but that was before they enabled McCain to treat Joy and the other co-hosts this way for several years. It's pretty much severed any loyalty I would have to the show itself that would've come from having watched so long. Joy returning is really the only thing that would've made me watch after how Whoopi acted towards O'Donnell and Perez as it was. They don't have another ace they can call on to save them like they did then. Meredith will never come back to this show, Barbara can't, and O'Donnell wouldn't as long as Whoopi is there (if at all).

As a long time on and off viewer I have had the same thoughts.  I got hooked when Lisa Ling joined the cast and enjoyed the level of conversation daily.  When they finally added Elizabeth it took a while before she turned the show into something unwatchable for me, like McCain is presently.  When Rosie took her first turn I went back to the show and left again when she had enough of Elizabeth and so did I.  The few times I saw Whoopie in the moderators seat I was not impressed with her attempt at being a moderator and did not watch again until Rosie returned.   I thought Nicole was a good addition as far as bringing a conservative viewpoint after Elizabeth.  Once Rosie and Nicole left I did not start watching until Season 18 when Joy, Abby and Sunny were advertised.  Now that Meghan is back I am finding it hard to watch and just read highlights from the web on many days .  Meghan is only going to get more angry as she probably has encouragement from her spouse and with the three branches not held by her  party.   Perhaps ABC is not interested in a rational conservative voice and are just looking for name recognition?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Because it was an engrossing election season. Just about every daytime show which focused on politics (especially cable news shows)  saw their numbers spike the first half of this season (except FOX which saw a significant decline in daytime and prime time ratings since election day). Again, I credit the fact that so many people were working remotely or home-schooling, so they were home during the day paying attention to these shows.

Once she returned on January 4, ratings spiked again - 26% over last year at the same time.  I think the 'early reports' a few days after she returned that her job was in jeopardy (based on her first two or three days) proved totally premature. Those websites should have waited for the ratings to come out. Meghan isn't going anywhere.

I personally do NOT watch for Meghan. I don't really hate watch. There may be cast members on shows I don't like, but I don't really tune in for those folks. They may get me more vocal on these boards, but that's it. I can't speak for others though. On the Bill Maher boards, I'm one of the few who actually enjoys him and watching the show. I don't bother posting as much there, just because almost everyone can't stand him. It's not fun when you feel outnumbered. So there are definitely hate watchers out there. I just don't know how many. None of the conservatives I know watch The View, and even most of them don't love Meghan. They might not mind her as much as they mind people like Joy, but they don't take Meghan seriously as a pundit. They think she's too much, and they're not all enamored with MyFather like she'd think they would be. I think the political climate has been, uhh a wild ride, the last few years, so that's definitely a big part of the ratings, but again I won't pretend I know how much. I always enjoyed the show, even when I was younger and my mother would have it on. I got a kick of Joy, and I still do. I do miss the funner times though, when she could joke around and be silly and the show didn't have toxicity. I'm the type who enjoys politics, but I also love girl chats and all sorts of other topics as well. Meghan brings down the fun of the show. She gives great snark material, but I'd much rather have another conservative in her spot. She rarely even contributes in a way that helps us understand her tribe. As she'd say, she does a piss poor job. I have to watch other news outlets to get the conservative side of things. 

I still don't know why Tom Bergeron was fired from Dancing with the Stars. Unlike Meghan, he was super talented, a class act and everyone adored him. Sadly, sometimes getting people talking is enough to give some TV personalities job security. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't really hate watch. There may be cast members on shows I don't like, but I don't really tune in for those folks. They may get me more vocal on these boards, but that's it. I can't speak for others though. On the Bill Maher boards, I'm one of the few who actually enjoys him and watching the show. I don't bother posting as much there, just because almost everyone can't stand him. It's not fun when you feel outnumbered.

RH, you're not alone. I echo your sentiments.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I just don't know how many. None of the conservatives I know watch The View, and even most of them don't love Meghan. They might not mind her as much as they mind people like Joy, but they don't take Meghan seriously as a pundit. 

Meghan's team hates Joy a whole hella lot more than they like Meghan. So yeah they aren't watching the View.  I don't think Meghan has a lot of fans anywhere to tell you the truth.  She has some conservative beliefs but she is publicly LGTBQ supportive (that is whole other discussion for another time) which makes her not conservative enough with a big portion of her tribe.  She has a very abrasive personality which makes her unlikable.  She gets media attention because of name recognition.  

• Love 5

I believe for everyone who says they don't watch for Meghan (and honestly, I don't watch for any host in particular), remember she had a big following over at FOX when she co-hosted 'Outnumbered'. So I'm sure ABC picked up a good number of FOX viewers who followed her to 'The View', which effected the ratings.

• Love 2

MM exists in a  marinade of anger. When isn't she angry?

The terms wound collector and grievance collector apply (with the FBI preferring the term injustice collector).  

The balm that can soothe or heal a walking wound does not exist. She intentionally misunderstands the words and motives of anyone who disagrees with her so that she can fuel her anger.

The consolation is that she's not as intelligent and popular as she thinks she is. She is scorned and laughed at outside the bubble of The View's audience.

Within that bubble, I believe that a great amount of MM-hate-watching is in play.

Large turd, small punchbowl.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I personally do NOT watch for Meghan. I don't really hate watch. There may be cast members on shows I don't like, but I don't really tune in for those folks. They may get me more vocal on these boards, but that's it. I can't speak for others though. On the Bill Maher boards, I'm one of the few who actually enjoys him and watching the show. I don't bother posting as much there, just because almost everyone can't stand him. It's not fun when you feel outnumbered. So there are definitely hate watchers out there. I just don't know how many. None of the conservatives I know watch The View, and even most of them don't love Meghan. They might not mind her as much as they mind people like Joy, but they don't take Meghan seriously as a pundit. They think she's too much, and they're not all enamored with MyFather like she'd think they would be. I think the political climate has been, uhh a wild ride, the last few years, so that's definitely a big part of the ratings, but again I won't pretend I know how much. I always enjoyed the show, even when I was younger and my mother would have it on. I got a kick of Joy, and I still do. I do miss the funner times though, when she could joke around and be silly and the show didn't have toxicity. I'm the type who enjoys politics, but I also love girl chats and all sorts of other topics as well. Meghan brings down the fun of the show. She gives great snark material, but I'd much rather have another conservative in her spot. She rarely even contributes in a way that helps us understand her tribe. As she'd say, she does a piss poor job. I have to watch other news outlets to get the conservative side of things. 

I still don't know why Tom Bergeron was fired from Dancing with the Stars. Unlike Meghan, he was super talented, a class act and everyone adored him. Sadly, sometimes getting people talking is enough to give some TV personalities job security. 

The show is an expensive one to produce, and Tyra Banks came on as an executive producer. They probably thought Tyra would appeal to a younger audience, but the show was Tom, in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

AAB659CF-ABD5-438D-BDA5-64CA4B7295C0.jpeg

7362B8B2-35B9-4799-A422-8E66F122D69E.jpeg

These pics confirm, at least to me, that her lips were “pregnancy lips”, and she now just over lines her lips. 

• Love 3