Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

On 12/20/2020 at 4:29 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Wow, I'm shocked--Megan actually posted three photos of herself at nine months pregnant.  I just didn't think we'd ever see that.  She actually doesn't look bad.  She must have lost body fat as she was gaining baby weight.  I thought sure she'd be bigger than that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJCAjJVMgtQ/

On 12/20/2020 at 7:58 PM, heysmilinstrange said:

What those photos suggest to me is that The View costumers actively conspire to make her look bad on television. 

They do it for us.

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

This brings up a pet peeve of mine.  The word "POST-PARTUM"  as shorthand for postpartum DEPRESSION.   Postpartum means after you give birth, it usually means the 6-8 week period after giving birth.  ALL women who give birth go through "postpartum", by definition, because they are POST (meaning after) PARTUM (giving birth).  Women can have post partum bleeding, swelling, diabetes, infections, blood clots, etc.  as well as depression, anxiety, psychosis.  When people shorten post-partum depression to "post-partum"  they are using the adjective when they mean the noun.  

(sorry for the rant, it's just a peeve of mine) 

I took it to mean not necessarily postpartum depression, but just all postpartum changes (which can include PPD), but I cannot stand McCant, so I stand by you in your rant, Tink.

The thing that itches me is the "momma's." No apostrophe needed, Nutmeg.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

What does this refer to?

That abt 20 mins in there was a three way melee <grin>  between Joy, Sunny, and MM. About POTUS' , and then ppl that voted the man feeling theyre cheated.  Somehow hes hypnotized 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, General Days said:

I missed the show, but it seems Meghan shared three shots of baby Liberty on today's episode, and @deirdra called it, right down to the very publication. At least two are from a People magazine exclusive.

What is it with Meghan and People? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

Interesting that she would go to Sunny for advice on babies and not Sara who you know has three kids under the age of 5.  Guess Sunny doesn't hold a grudge. Can't blame Sara if she does.

I thought the same. Sara is the only mother of little ones. 

When I'm not being snarky on here, I relate to Sara's personality the most of the ladies. I'm generally a nice, laidback chic. I don't yell at people, not an alpha female. When you are a gentle, good person and more on the sensitive side, people can smell it and take advantage. The other women are stronger personalities, yet more forgiving. I don't blame Sara if she feels she has to be protective of herself. I don't even think it makes one a grudge holder. If someone was ugly to you forever ago, has been nice ever since, then yes, forgive and forget. I know I'm not perfect and would never expect perfection of others. With Meghan, if you forgive her for being rude to you on Monday, she could very likely be rude to you again Tuesday or Wednesday. Who wants to be friends with someone like that? I find it shocking Sunny is THAT forgiving. I don't know if she's like a saint, Meghan is secretly sweet to her off camera, or what. Nice people still have limits. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, TheView said:

What is it with Meghan and People? 

We're not just getting baby body parts anymore. I wonder how much money she got and if she's going to donate it to charity like some celebrities do. She doesn't need the money.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

My favorite part of Meghan's last appearance in 2020 and her first in 2021 3 months later - no baby shower.

I'm not buying her new platform of warrior for maternity leave.

What does she know about that? Perhaps she was paid for all 3 months, or for so long. 

No matter - the money is meaningless to her as she is very wealthy in her own right.

And I am not buying there was/is never a nanny in sight.

As someone commented....why did she bring a pump to work today in her own living room?

IMO - she is cushioning herself from discussing the aftermath of Trump chatted about daily on The View with this new vision for herself...

• Love 8

Meghan's publicist is sure owning their paychecks. In addition to the People magazine coverage Meghan's first day back is a story on Yahoo.  

Outside View watchers I don't think Meghan garners much interest but for some reason the media still gives her attention.  

Yesterday she said she was in DC and also said she was ensconced (her word) among Republicans. She also mentioned her mother in law had to help take care of Liberty while she was recovering.  So I guess she is living with her in laws?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

OH GOOD LORD, IT IS BACK, STFU MEE-GAIN....GOD SHE HAS RUINED THE SHOW AGAIN FOR ME.  SO NASTY. WHO NEEDS THIS NOT ME. 

TEAM JOY! 

Team Joy all day, every day! The woman is a saint. I can only applaud her if she's said enough is enough with Meghan. I think Joy held back a lot at first because Meghan was new, her dad was sick, then he passed. Meghan was grieving (and grieving and grieving), so Joy always treated Meghan with kid gloves. Meghan's now happily married with a baby and doing just fine. Why hold back now? lol

@ Ontime Meghan will never be poor, an immigrant, or person of color, so sadly there are many issues she will never care about. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Team Joy all day, every day! The woman is a saint. I can only applaud her if she's said enough is enough with Meghan. I think Joy held back a lot at first because Meghan was new, her dad was sick, then he passed. Meghan was grieving (and grieving and grieving), so Joy always treated Meghan with kid gloves. Meghan's now happily married with a baby and doing just fine. Why hold back now? lol

@ Ontime Meghan will never be poor, an immigrant, or person of color, so sadly there are many issues she will never care about. 

Just to make sure I read this correctly, after Joy defended herself doing black face to a POC in fact, and her hypocrisy with the believe all women movement and that’s who you’re taking? Wow, kind of rich for Joy to be uppity with Meghan after her history 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Meghan might never be a POC, but didn’t stop Joy from dressing up as one! And no repercussions at that either, white privilege for the win!

Edited by thebigboot

Couple things.....Joy!  Gotta luv 💖 her!  'I didn't miss you' ..rofl!!

And MM day 2...i thought she looked very pretty yesterday, and then today bottomed out. That severe straight haircut is not flattering.  It wasn't on Sara either when she was in that rut.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

OH GOOD LORD, IT IS BACK, STFU MEE-GAIN....GOD SHE HAS RUINED THE SHOW AGAIN FOR ME.  SO NASTY. WHO NEEDS THIS NOT ME. 

TEAM JOY! 

It didnt take long did it.  Sigh

• Love 4

When support for a cause you believe in arrives in a tardy fashion from an unlikely place, you must accept the help, be grateful for it, profusely thank the source of it, and then go home to scream into a pillow for nine whole minutes. And so it is we have come to celebrate the recent conversion of Meghan McCain to the cause of paid parental leave.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/meghan-mccain-paid-parental-leave-policy/2021/01/05/4a5a8eea-4edd-11eb-83e3-322644d82356_story.html

• Love 4

Bringing it here so I don't get OT on the show's board.

Did anyone else hear Meghan say "my God" after Joy talked about kids at the border? Missy can't handle some passion for innocent children separated from their parents? Really? The same woman who gets worked up over everything? The woman who practically cries about conservatives being persecuted and thinks she has to take up for Christian mothers in America? Those are the victims worthy of outrage in Meghan's mind? This reminds me of when she was all offended by the high schoolers who were traumatized by gun violence cursing, yet she had f*** cancer on her Twitter. Meghan, if you were a polite, gentle ladylike woman, I'd cut you slack on the pearl clutching. But you're not dear. You are an aggressive rude woman without a filter. At least when the other ladies are passionate, it's oftentimes for people who are truly hurting. They care for people who aren't part of their family, their own color, their own nationality, their own religion. You only take up for things that can affect you somehow, no matter how little they actually do. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

I'm sorry @tinkerbell, did you get an answer for this?  It was just a lame sex joke, about it being over so fast, light up a cigarette.  Dumb, I know.

Oh , yeah,  I guess you were live-posting on this thread, while the show was on.  I got the sex joke, I just didn't know what it referred to.  I don't watch the show live most days. 

Be sure your post is primarily about Meghan; it is fair game to compare her to other hosts and/or discuss her behavior but if the content of your post is mainly about one of the other hosts, your post will be removed. 

Aww - poor MM - she is despondent, SIL there yesterday.

Greatest national tragedy of her lifetime. Except for 9/11. But she is 36 and has not seen anything yet like assassinations, civil right protests, Vietnam protests etc. Never felt a recession in  her short life.

But as a conservative R she thinks NOW is the time to take a look at Trump? Now?

Oh - and something about our flag and Iwo Jima.

ETA - I think being who she is....a daughter and pundit, she would have more knowledge about history and the pains our country has experienced.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 10

Wrapped in the flag o' course. STFU Meghan. Go fill some milk bottles.

Poor, poor, poor me. Poor, poor, pitiful me. 

Written by Warren Zevon (Werewolves of London) who died way too young. RIP, sir. I like Linda Ronstadt's version best, what say you?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Well, Megan did give us confirmation she is living in the DC area right now.  And she mentioned a Sister-in-law working for the Government, I guess Ben's sister?  Maybe she is the one giving Ben the "inside scoop" 🙂

• Love 2

Andy Cohen is taking questions for Missy's appearance on his show next week, so right now her mentions are being flooded with people calling out her hypocrisy and bad behavior, lol. Here's one from former MTV reality star, Trishelle, which Andy replied made the cut.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 1/5/2021 at 2:43 PM, thebigboot said:

Just to make sure I read this correctly, after Joy defended herself doing black face to a POC in fact, and her hypocrisy with the believe all women movement and that’s who you’re taking? Wow, kind of rich for Joy to be uppity with Meghan after her history 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Meghan might never be a POC, but didn’t stop Joy from dressing up as one! And no repercussions at that either, white privilege for the win!

To clarify , that is Joy’s  natural hair, hate to think of the years I baked in a tanning bed because I felt tan looked better than my white skinny limbs.  The above question about her support of LGBGT community will be answered by saying her ride or die best friend is gay. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She's shook!' Meghan McCain was so rattled after spats with Whoopi and Joy she couldn't keep her train of thought, as show insider reveals 'she doesn't have the job security she once did after The View did better ratings in her absence'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9123921/Meghan-McCain-shook-job-security-return-View.html

Thanks for posting this. I think we all knew that Teta's appearance at the end of the show was to try to cover for Meghan.   I love this. I needed this today.

Yes, I know it came from The Daily Fail, but let me have this.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, atomic said:

Andy Cohen is taking questions for Missy's appearance on his show next week, so right now her mentions are being flooded with people calling out her hypocrisy and bad behavior, lol. Here's one from former MTV reality star, Trishelle, which Andy replied made the cut.

Oh my gosh Trishelle. lol I remember her from Real World and Surreal Life. Meghan's always stereotyping people from different regions, and Trishelle is from Louisiana. 🙂

29 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Thanks for posting this. I think we all knew that Teta's appearance at the end of the show was to try to cover for Meghan.   I love this. I needed this today.

Awww, so glad you enjoyed it!! 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

How DARE she use a picture of MY Daniel Day-Lewis???!!! 🤬🤬The NERVE of her ass to do so! Why couldn't she use of one of the many actors "she loves and has watched forever" instead? The TWAT.

Or choose an American actor.  I thought she detested all things British.  You'd think seeing one wrapped in an American flag, even only for a roll, would make her crazy.

I like Linda Ronstadt's version best.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I agree that this all sounds believable. The only thing is that I don't recall Brian saying it was the producers Whoopi was telling to "listen". I don't recall him saying that at all. But  it was clearly directed at MeAgain,

At the close of the day's show, executive producer Brian Teta appeared for an awkward explanation for the 'technical issues' and claimed Goldberg was telling producers to listen, not McCain.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, bannana said:

I agree that this all sounds believable. The only thing is that I don't recall Brian saying it was the producers Whoopi was telling to "listen". I don't recall him saying that at all. But  it was clearly directed at MeAgain,

I don't recall him saying that either.  And it makes no sense, since the producers talk in Whoopi's ear, not vice versa, and there was no reason to tell THEM to listen.  Missy is the one who never listens.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Weeeeelll, Techinically, MY Daniel Day-Lewis is Oirish.💘💗💘

He was born in London to an English mother and is a dual British/Irish citizen.  He didn't become an Irish citizen until 1993, long after his Anglo-Irish father died.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/4/2021 at 2:02 PM, ifionlyknew said:

Interesting that she would go to Sunny for advice on babies and not Sara who you know has three kids under the age of 5.  Guess Sunny doesn't hold a grudge. Can't blame Sara if she does.

Meghan has ZERO interest in Sara or any advice coming from her. She would have be reminded that Sara is one of her co-hosts.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh my gosh Trishelle. lol I remember her from Real World and Surreal Life. Meghan's always stereotyping people from different regions, and Trishelle is from Louisiana. 🙂

This question will put Missy in a really tough situation 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Meghan McCain reportedly fearful of losing 'View' gig

Meghan McCain is growing increasingly wary that her gig on "The View" isn't as secure as it once was, according to a new report. 

Whoopi cut off Meghan during her line of questioning and cut to a commercial. Producers later said they had gone over their time limit in the segment. The source corroborated the explanation.

"Meghan could clearly see there was no more time left in the segment. She was trying to create a moment for herself in the show that would have gotten press in conservative media," the source said. "She loves getting press pickup from her segments on the show and she thought she could do that with Raphael Warnock."

• Love 10
On 1/4/2021 at 3:49 PM, RealHousewife said:

When I'm not being snarky on here, I relate to Sara's personality the most of the ladies. I'm generally a nice, laidback chic. I don't yell at people, not an alpha female. When you are a gentle, good person and more on the sensitive side, people can smell it and take advantage. 

Same, same, same!!!!

• Love 8