Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

Meghan posted several Instagram stories of having trouble with breastfeeding and pumping.  She thanked people for mastitis advice and for recommending the Spectra pump.  She also said she's stressed about going back to work and having to pump. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

Meghan posted several Instagram stories of having trouble with breastfeeding and pumping.  She thanked people for mastitis advice and for recommending the Spectra pump.  She also said she's stressed about going back to work and having to pump. 

Being a working mom and breastfeeding/pumping seems like a lot to handle. Don't worry Meghan, we totally understand if you'd like to stay at home for awhile!

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Why does she need to pump if she'll be working from home on camera for only one hour a day?  I doubt Joy, Whoopi & probably Sunny (w/her mother living with her) will be going to the studio until >70% of the public has been vaccinated.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Badbea99 said:

MeAgain's posts about pumping are beyond ridiculous.  She's worried about breast pumping at work while getting ready during the CHAOS of a daily show?  Give me a break.  She's working from home and will be doing so for the foreseeable future.  What does she think moms that work outside of the home on a daily basis at far more demanding jobs do. Instead of whining on social media, why doesn't she contact her BFF Abby who managed to deal with twins and a toddler all while coming into the studio. Once again, her privilege is showing and it makes me dread her return all the more.  She's insufferable.

She wants attention and if it makes her look like a concerned mother all the better.  As you mentioned she has friends and family members who have had babies.  But she wouldn't get the likes and comments if she asked them.

• Love 12
On 12/5/2020 at 9:00 AM, ginger90 said:

EB2C14E6-5C95-4F67-9AE5-7B0CD7E9D49A.jpeg

Ugh. I was really hoping she’d decide not to return after having her baby. Sure, I still get annoyed by the show from time to time, but it’s been so much more enjoyable to watch without her eyerolling, screeching, turning every topic into something political, ect. I may go back to not watching and just reading what you all say on here once she returns. 

• Love 17
On 12/7/2020 at 1:16 PM, deirdra said:

Why does she need to pump if she'll be working from home on camera for only one hour a day?  I doubt Joy, Whoopi & probably Sunny (w/her mother living with her) will be going to the studio until >70% of the public has been vaccinated.

Yeah , I don't get it.  Breast feeding is 100 times easier than pumping, putting milk in  a bottle, storing it in the fridge, then heating it up.  Moms who work away from home have to go through all the steps.  Not working, or working from home, just pick up the baby and feed her.  why freak out about a pump?  breast feeding is about more than giving the baby breast milk over formula - it's also about that bonding time, holding your baby.  She's AT HOME.  WITH her baby.  There's an easy way to do it, and it's the way women have been doing it forever. 

And if your job consists of talking on TV for an hour a day - bring the baby to work, feed her before the show, and have a sitter watch her for the one hour you work.  Meghan has the tendency to make simple things complicated.

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yeah , I don't get it.  Breast feeding is 100 times easier than pumping, putting milk in  a bottle, storing it in the fridge, then heating it up.  Moms who work away from home have to go through all the steps.  Not working, or working from home, just pick up the baby and feed her.  why freak out about a pump?  breast feeding is about more than giving the baby breast milk over formula - it's also about that bonding time, holding your baby.  She's AT HOME.  WITH her baby.  There's an easy way to do it, and it's the way women have been doing it forever. 

And if your job consists of talking on TV for an hour a day - bring the baby to work, feed her before the show, and have a sitter watch her for the one hour you work.  Meghan has the tendency to make simple things complicated.

Yeah, don't most women pump so they have milk to give the baby in public? Where's Meghan going right now? She's talking like she'll be in the studio soon. 

My job might become a permanent at-home position, and I've thought how wonderful! If I have kids, it will be so much easier breastfeeding. Only Meghan can take an ideal situation for a new mother and make it sound negative. 

• Love 8

Meghan is so busty, her child might have trouble latching on or otherwise nursing from the breast. She could be pumping to better establish a stronger milk supply, or she might need some help and rest, so she may pump so that someone can feed the baby in the middle of the night. She might want bottles on hand, so that she doesn't have to worry if Liberty is hungry while she's doing the show.

She also mentioned mastitis. I don't know if she has it, or is just concerned about avoiding it, but lactation mastitis can be a bitch. 

NSFW warning: The photo at the following link features a bared breast. If you work in an office, this link may not be safe for work (but I assure you it is not sexy). https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mastitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20374829

I can't stand Meghan McCain's politics. I loathe her as a TV host. I would not enjoy having a drink with her. She's a new mom though, and I will give her the space to work out how and when she feeds her baby.

Edited by General Days
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, General Days said:

Meghan is so busty, her child might have trouble latching on or otherwise nursing from the breast. She could be pumping to better establish a stronger milk supply, or she might need some help and rest, so she may pump so that someone can feed the baby in the middle of the night. She might want bottles on hand, so that she doesn't have to worry if Liberty is hungry while she's doing the show.

I was about to jump in with the comment that, no, her dear husband does not seem the type to ever be willing to get up to feed a baby, but we all know she probably has live-in help on board, so never mind.

• Love 1
On 12/10/2020 at 10:16 AM, General Days said:

She also mentioned mastitis. I don't know if she has it, or is just concerned about avoiding it, but lactation mastitis can be a bitch. 

NSFW warning: The photo at the following link features a bared breast. If you work in an office, this link may not be safe for work (but I assure you it is not sexy). https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mastitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20374829

I can't stand Meghan McCain's politics. I loathe her as a TV host. I would not enjoy having a drink with her. She's a new mom though, and I will give her the space to work out how and when she feeds her baby.

Thanks for that link, it is a wealth of info

6 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Meghan's non-Clay Aiken bestie Josh Rupley (the hair guy) tweeted something that I perceive as mean towards Sara.  (And it was retweeted by Clay Aiken.)  Am I reading this wrong?

Well, if this is Me-Again's BFFs dissing Sara, they sure picked the wrong thing to focus on. Sara has said many stupid things that one could call out (of course, so has Me-Again). This is not one of them.

And, of course, the irony here. No doubt MeAgain is being paid more than Sunny, who has been there longer and is more qualified.

• Love 4
On 12/7/2020 at 12:16 PM, deirdra said:

I don't know if this was a Fed or State new rule, but a couple few yrs ago they passed a bill that all companies must have one room onsite for breastfeeding Moms.  They made it so comfortable with a plush rug, comfortable lounger sofa.  I could go in there for a nap 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I don't know if this was a Fed or State new rule, but a couple few yrs ago they passed a bill that all companies must have one room onsite for breastfeeding Moms.  They made it so comfortable with a plush rug, comfortable lounger sofa.  I could go in there for a nap 

Must not be a federal law.  When my daughter had her first kid and came back to work, she tried to pump and was given a chair in a closet that housed files.  There were no windows and no separate thermostat to adjust the temperature if it was too hot or cold.  There was an office chair to sit in and next to it was a small cabinet to rest her pump on when in use, the rest of the time it was to be stored in the cabinet.  She was expected to provide a cooler to store the breast milk in, and it was up to her to get there early each day to take the cooler to the cafeteria and get ice from the ice machine.  There was a radio to listen to, but it didn't work very well and she heard mostly static.  She was constantly being interrupted by someone knocking at the door asking if they could come in and look for a file.  She gave up and switched to formula.

Not long after that, the company assigned an underused conference room in another building for pumping.  It had a window, donated recliner, a shelf to store pumps, a couple of potted plants, a mini fridge, and a TV.  It was soon taken over by people who wanted to use the fridge to store soft drinks or their lunch, or watch the TV on their breaks.  Eventually the space was put back into service as a conference room because the few breastfeeding mothers who tried to use it gave up and pumped in the bathrooms or their cars.

Just before Covid, my daughter was in the latter stages of her second pregnancy, and her boss assigned a corner of the floor as the new pumping station.  It had most of the stuff from the earlier room, but it didn't have walls.  It was surrounded by curtains.  My daughter had already decided she wasn't going to thread through the desks to the corner and pull a curtain so she could pump.  People were already using the fridge and sneaking in for catnaps.  They all assured each other that they'd stop when the corner was needed for nursing mothers, but until then...why not use the space?

In her last week at work, her boss said that this virus thing was too big of a risk, and sent her home early.  She worked from home for the last week and then went on maternity leave, had the baby, and hasn't been back since.  By the time she was ready to go back to work, everyone was working from home.  Her division has been told that they should expect to continue working from home for at least another year.  Covid has actually had a benefit in this area.  More women in the company have admitted that knowing that they wouldn't have to pump has made it easier for them to breastfeed.

Now the shocker here is that my daughter works for a large hospital network.  You'd think that a hospital would be better at providing for the needs of breastfeeding mothers.  The women who work IN the hospital have fewer problems, they're pretty vocal about what they need and getting it.  But my daughter works in a building that provides services that support the hospital.  The financial, IT, maintenance departments, etc, have been slower at getting on the bandwagon.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Looks like Sunny sent Liberty a pretty awesome gift, Liberty's mama is gushing about it on twitter.

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "Let me tell you - Aunt @sunny sure knows how to give a gorgeous baby gift....! Liberty is one lucky lady. xoxo" / Twitter

Sunny Hostin on Twitter: "Only the best from Titi Sunny for that gorgeous Liberty!! #morespoilingontheway @MeghanMcCain" / Twitter

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "You’re going to ruin her for everyone else!! She’s going to have a favorite aunt already! 🤣🤣🤣♥️♥️♥️" / Twitter

• Love 1
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "Let me tell you - Aunt @sunny sure knows how to give a gorgeous baby gift....! Liberty is one lucky lady. xoxo" / Twitter

Sounds like Meggie's way of saying she hasn't received gorgeous baby gifts from Whoopi, Joy, Sara or Ana.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, suomi said:

I wanna hear her pronounce existential and ontological on the show without reading them from a card - AND use them in a sentence. Properly. Hmmph.

Yeah, who gave her ontological as her word for the day? Nobody talks like that and I am not impressed.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Another reason to dislike Van Jones..

What the hell is Nutmeg saying in her baby post above. It is incoherent af.  She is just like Whoopie saying a lot of words that mean absolutely nothing.. I don't miss her one bit..

"I am passionate about sharing it’s [sic] powerful message with all of you during such divided times"

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 12/16/2020 at 9:20 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Megan is producing with her buddy Van Jones.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI3j1wfsKZd/

3 hours ago, deirdra said:

"I am passionate about sharing it’s [sic] powerful message with all of you during such divided times"

Oh geez, I remember Van Jones interviewing Meghan a long time ago and pretending she's a reasonable person who just wants to get along with everyone and asking her about the division in the country. The best way to bridge the divide is to think what would Meghan do, and do the opposite.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Hmm interesting.  maybe it will get her foot in the door at cnn.  She's getting experience doing Sunny's  thing, and now with Don.  He would be a great ally for a job.  Here i go dream'n again, someone get my cranberry juice and skateboard heheh

Meghan would work Don's nerves. lol I personally do NOT want this woman on CNN. She doesn't fit in at all. My dream is for her to go back to Fox. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Man, she's even more annoying in "now that I'm a mother" mode.

That is going to be another mantra of hers, as a mother, as a Republican  and as a Christian. She cannot say that she is the only mother on the panel since all of the ladies have children except for Ana.. 

She can always say as the only conservative mother on here, bla bla bla.......

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

That is going to be another mantra of hers, as a mother, as a Republican  and as a Christian. She cannot say that she is the only mother on the panel since all of the ladies have children except for Ana.. 

She can always say as the only conservative mother on here, bla bla bla.......

She'll have a new identity 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, TheView said:

She'll have a new identity 

That she will browbeat us with. We also need to be punished for the best ratings in the show's history during her prolonged absence.

We are so in for it. 

• Love 4

You all are so cynical.  You don't think Meghan will come back with a new, softer, more compassionate attitude?  That becoming a mother will make her see a side other than the black and white, my side or no side, martyr for conservative republican women everywhere?

HAHAHAHAHA!  Yes, I'm kidding.

Happy new year, everyone!

• LOL 22
  • Love 2