Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

Shouldn't she be entertaining her daughter?

2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Naw, that’s the nanny’s job. 

Aw, come one you guys.  How about that one time she made the nanny take that picture of her holding the baby up to look at the painting of My Father?  Doesn't that count as 'entertaining?'  😜

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Yes. Shouldn't she be entertaining her daughter?

Or vice versa - babies can be very entertaining.  Most parents would be thrilled to be able to stay home and witness all of their baby's milestones.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, falltime said:

What she said is less outrageous than HOW she said it.  A bitch?  Really? Is she a rapper now? 

Also, if you put yourself out there by deliberately parading your experimentation on Twitter, an actual adult understands you intentionally open yourself to criticism. A spoiled child, in contrast, whines about what they themselves set into motion. 

• Love 9

I know the uh interesting hair and stuff is new, but what about the selfies? Is that a recent thing? I don't follow her on SM. She does have a very pretty exterior so I am not mad at her for taking pictures of herself, but it is interesting she seems to be craving more attention now. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I know the uh interesting hair and stuff is new, but what about the selfies? Is that a recent thing? I don't follow her on SM. She does have a very pretty exterior so I am not mad at her for taking pictures of herself, but it is interesting she seems to be craving more attention now. 

i think one or two occasionally would be ok, but almost every day with that particular look? nope

she thinks she's a lot more attractive and interesting that she really is

• Love 10

I've often wondered if she thinks eventually she will go into politics.  I mean she certainly seems to think she's qualified.  But honestly if that's her long range goal messing around with endless selfies seems self defeating.  Women already have an uphill battle being taken seriously.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I've often wondered if she thinks eventually she will go into politics.  I mean she certainly seems to think she's qualified.  But honestly if that's her long range goal messing around with endless selfies seems self defeating.  Women already have an uphill battle being taken seriously.  

They would rip her apart in the primaries.  She knows absolutely nothing and they would have a field day with her.  Plus, she is too thin-skinned to go into politics.  She would burst into tears at a debate.. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

They would rip her apart in the primaries.  She knows absolutely nothing and they would have a field day with her.  Plus, she is too thin-skinned to go into politics.  She would burst into tears at a debate.. 

She also isn't liked by anyone.  Neither side trusts or believes anything she says.

• Love 14

While I'm not a fan of my eyes being assaulted by these HUGE ASS sizes of the selfies, she's clearly using some kind of app to narrow/slim her face, because gurl's face is round as pie due to her body-type. I'm the same way, so this isn't me "body shaming" her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, cinsaysit said:

i think one or two occasionally would be ok, but almost every day with that particular look? nope

she thinks she's a lot more attractive and interesting that she really is

She's passably attractive. But she's side by side on a monitor with Sara and probably thinks she has to compete. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I know she did the selfie thing while she was pregnant but I don't know if before then when she was in studio if she did selfies at work.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I've often wondered if she thinks eventually she will go into politics.  I mean she certainly seems to think she's qualified. 

I would even pay to watch every bit of that launch, crash and burn. Oh hell yes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I'd have a field day with her! I have so many jokes just about how she'd debate different issues but don't know if that is getting too close to speculation about her political opinions or not. We do know she thinks she doesn't have to know anything that happened prior to her birth. I'd definitely imagine a lot of snide "I wasn't born yet" during debates. If she were to become president, she'd have Erika Jayne patting her puss at the inauguration. Andy Cohen would probably have a hard time deciding whether he should be beaming with pride or constantly having her as the Jackhole of the Day. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'd have a field day with her! I have so many jokes just about how she'd debate different issues but don't know if that is getting too close to speculation about her political opinions or not. We do know she thinks she doesn't have to know anything that happened prior to her birth. I'd definitely imagine a lot of snide "I wasn't born yet" during debates. If she were to become president, she'd have Erika Jayne patting her puss at the inauguration. Andy Cohen would probably have a hard time deciding whether he should be beaming with pride or constantly having her as the Jackhole of the Day. 

She would continue to style her hair using the housewives as inspiration.  That high pony disaster she wore a few days ago was a take off of Whitney from Salt Lake City's confessional look.  It jumped out at me the other night when I was watching SLC.  She'll do anything to bring attention to herself - good or bad.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

She has the worst instinct when it come to politics.  She has wanted both Nikki Haley and Josh Hawley to be president 😄.  As others mentioned she's too thin skinned.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Megan getting her digs in at Ana!  She proclaims she is a REAL Conservative, she is NOT a "Never Trumper"(ie: Ana), Ana comes back with her own thoughts about the Republicans she knows.  

Meghan is "my party right or wrong" unless it is very obviously wrong but I suspect she knows that Ana is the true conservative, someone who supports conservative ideals even to the point of disagreeing with her party when it doesn't support them. Meghan is like someone painted as a conservative but when you scratch the surface, the  gold comes off whereas Ana is the real thing.

37 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I've always said Meghan is a deeply insecure person.  She overcompensates for that and what she thinks is confidence is obnoxiousness.

This description of a type of narcissism struck me

the vulnerable, “fragile” or thin-skinned, covert subtype is inhibited, manifestly distressed, hypersensitive to the evaluations of others while chronically envious and evaluating themselves in relation to others. Interpersonally these individuals are often shy, outwardly self-effacing, and hypersensitive to slights, while harboring secret grandiosity. Both types are extraordinarily self-absorbed.

[...] a more or less fragile sense of self that is predicated on maintaining a view of oneself as exceptional.,,comes at a cost, requiring a retreat from or denial of realities that do not support grandiosity, and leaving the individual excessively reliant on external feedback to support not only positive self-regard but also self-definition.

• Love 9
On 2/10/2021 at 7:30 PM, ifionlyknew said:

Again with the close up selfie.  She is clearly craving attention.  Most new mothers want to show off their babies but Meghan wants to show off her ridiculous hair.

I wonder if Ben put his foot down about baby pics. Or Meghan knows how vicious people can be on SM, and she doesn’t want people taking out their dislike for her on an innocent baby. 

I know at least one reality star left SM for a year after people were attacking her toddler’s looks, and asking if she were autistic. 

14 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I wonder if Ben put his foot down about baby pics. Or Meghan knows how vicious people can be on SM, and she doesn’t want people taking out their dislike for her on an innocent baby. 

Meghan has made it known she won't be showing off Liberty and I completely understand that. But it's her new found love of selfies that makes me think she wants to be the center of attention.  There are some new mothers (and as Statsgirl mentioned above Meghan shows signs of narcissism) who have a hard time ceding the spotlight to their babies.  Everyone is interested in the baby and not the mother anymore.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 2/11/2021 at 2:17 PM, Pearson80 said:

You're looking at it the wrong way.  We should be supporting her, agreeing with, lifting her up.  Could be our ticket to Freedom.  She'll get confident, will look into it.  Will decide to do it full time and will get a different job, or just freelance.  And shell be goooooone!

On 2/11/2021 at 1:34 PM, RealHousewife said:

I think girl's just getting her play on.  Making up for lost time during all those looooong arduous months being pregnant.

On 2/10/2021 at 12:49 PM, Kromm said:

What she said is less outrageous than HOW she said it.  A bitch?  Really? Is she a rapper now? 

Also, if you put yourself out there by deliberately parading your experimentation on Twitter, an actual adult understands you intentionally open yourself to criticism. A spoiled child, in contrast, whines about what they themselves set into motion. 

cough *Drag Queen* cough          (tm Ru)

• Love 1

That video just highlighted something I've noticed since her return --  I don't know if it's from all the Botox in her forehead or if it's the over exaggerated drawn on eye brows (or both) but she literally just makes one expression on the show now and that expression is full on Grumpy Cat.  Except of course for her selfies where she is smiling like an idiot.

index.jpg.444d942f7a0556edc0ca8a8701c0ce44.jpg

And who knew she had a stylist?  And this person actually came forward publicly to own up to it? 

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

739899131_ScreenShot2021-02-13at9_57_10AM.thumb.png.e3ba8b4a7a3ca5f2f2c3a4da0c75b7c1.png

I admit my ignorance--I didn't know that Steve Schmidt (and Nicolle Wallace, I have since learned) were on the outs with John McCain following the 2008 election. I guess it had to do with their participation in Game Change? Regardless, I believe Meghan seriously needs some major grief therapy. In the early days following Sen. McCain's death, I had a lot of sympathy for her. I identified with her visceral anger--I struggled with the same kind of thing during my father's illness and after his death. 

Her anger and bitterness tells me she has never adequately dealt with her grief. By many accounts Sen. McCain made peace with Schmidt before his death. "No McCain would have spit" on him? It's just ... that grief and anger are hurting her worse than they are hurting anyone else. 

Edited by lovinbob
  • Love 14

She would lift her leg on a grief therapist because she has zero desire to turn loose of her anger and bitterness. However much or little her father is involved in those emotions is not really a part of the equation. Negative emotions comfort and nourish her, which explains the dead eyes. You are what you eat.

Myfather, myfather is a beard for her one true love: hate.

• Love 11

That post above shows how Megan is just vile and hateful.  Why did she even have to put that type of post out there. Why can't she just take the high road keep it classy and not make any commentary whatsoever.   She loves to insert herself in some crap and when she gets a blowback she cries and plays victim.  

• Love 16

She is soft, serene and welcoming when admiring herself and offering herself to others for admiration.

In all other circumstances she is suspicious, hyper-vigilant, obnoxious, easily offended, aggressive, cruel, dismissive, ready to rumble. 

• Love 11

Some people get upset when people say the word hate - leave it to MM to say despise instead.

I doubt she will ever get over her father lost elections for POTUS twice and will never be a first daughter, let alone a real political analysist that was adult to adult with politicians rather than daddy's little girl.

Notice she has not been on George's ABC Sunday show for a very, very long time.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Some people get upset when people say the word hate - leave it to MM to say despise instead.

I doubt she will ever get over her father lost elections for POTUS twice and will never be a first daughter, let alone a real political analysist that was adult to adult with politicians rather than daddy's little girl.

Notice she has not been on George's ABC Sunday show for a very, very long time.

She did make a fool out of herself after her nonsensical meltdown and she offered absolutely nothing of value to the panel.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think she's a good example of the child of a notable who gets a break because they are  child of a notable but who isn't going to make good just because of a famous parent.  She still has to earn her way.  She's landed on her feet at The View (god knows why) but other venues have higher standards, apparently!

• Love 9
On 2/13/2021 at 11:04 AM, suomi said:

She would lift her leg on a grief therapist because she has zero desire to turn loose of her anger and bitterness. However much or little her father is involved in those emotions is not really a part of the equation. Negative emotions comfort and nourish her, which explains the dead eyes. You are what you eat.

Myfather, myfather is a beard for her one true love: hate.

I have a family member who got angry when we all suggested grief counseling when she lost her 40 year old son.   She said "I don't WANT to get over it! I don't want to feel better!"    Meghan reminds me of that, except that losing a parent is expected and inevitable. 

An elderly parent who died of a terminal disease is not unique.  Her grief isn't greater because her dad was famous. 

• Love 9

Thank you @people for the wonderful interview about my first months as a mama. I’m obsessed with motherhood and my spectacular baby Liberty. She is hands down the best thing I’ve ever done - it’s euphoria. Now we want 10 more! 😜 Link to the article on my twitter and in this weeks print edition! (Pictures taken on my iPhone because of covid) ♥️🗽

I can't stand when grown adults use the expression "I'm obsessed." You are a grown professional, or at least you're trying to be. Stop using Kardashian lingo. 

Liberty is cute, though. 🙂

• Love 11