Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E12: It Is Not A High Without A Low

• Start Topic

Everything pointed to Andrea going home because she lost track of keeping her alliance intact (namely, not bringing Michaela on the reward) and was flippant enough to think that Michaela would "get over it". I mean, has Andrea been seeing this even-keeled calm-and-collected Michaela that we the show-watchers haven't seen at all?

Then Sierra, oh Sierra. Managed to put the crosshairs firmly back on her by blabbing away.

These players are overall playing good games, but still making simple errors at times.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I couldn't even tell if she used convoluted correctly but I was thinking wow I think she did.  I have not even thought to use that word in that way before. 

I thought she used it incorrectly, but she was right.

So happy that Sierra is gone. I'm okay with pretty much anyone winning now, though Andrea and Cirie are my clear favorites. I acknowledge that Sarah is playing well and is controlling things, but like many others I just can't get over the voice and constant look of confusion. Her edit has been strong all season, but I wonder if it is too strong? I'm starting to believe that Cirie is getting the winner's edit, which would make me so happy. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

The question with Sarah is whether she is playing too hard.  She has voted out all 5 jury members and betrayed several of them in the process.  Andrea and Cirie would probably beat her at FTC, but if they are on the jury, she probably won't get their votes, especially Andrea's.  She could have a problem getting to FTC with 2 people she can beat, without also creating a jury that is bitter against her. 

But, like, she already betrayed Sierra and still got something very like her vote in the Legacy Advantage.  Seems to me that people like her so much that they'll forgive her for her moves, at least so far.

I do think Brad and Troyzan are dangerous at FTC because people love an underdog.  But if any combination of Andrea, Sarah, and Cirie get to the end...boy it's gonna be a show.

• Love 1

Has Sarah's name ever come up as a boot candidate?  Not that I recall.  Seems like she's floating/skating seamlessly between the various alliances, without making the others bitter or angry towards her. 

• Love 8
(edited)
17 minutes ago, KimberStormer said:

But, like, she already betrayed Sierra and still got something very like her vote in the Legacy Advantage.  Seems to me that people like her so much that they'll forgive her for her moves, at least so far.

I do think Brad and Troyzan are dangerous at FTC because people love an underdog.  But if any combination of Andrea, Sarah, and Cirie get to the end...boy it's gonna be a show.

I don't think Sierra realized that Sarah betrayed her.  I think she said something like "I hope Sarah didn't betray me and I'm giving her the advantage" in her exit interview.  Once some more jurors start showing up at Ponderossa she will know for sure that Sarah backstabbed her to steal her advantage.  

Now Sierra might just say, "It's all in the game." and respect the move.  But, I have a feeling she won't, because it really wasn't such a great move by Sarah, but an idiotic move by Sierra.  

I can't figure out who does and does not have a chance with the jury.  

Andrea - seems very dangerous

Cirie - possibly even more dangerous than Andrea.

Sarah - could be dangerous, but might have pissed too many jurors off.

Brad - Has been a leader, done very well in challenges and hasn't seemed to piss many people off.  

Troyzan - seems like a non-entity who could only win if he goes to FTC with people the jury hates

Michaela - sort of similar to Troyzan, though she has done a little more, but has also annoyed more people.

Aubry - What does Aubry look like again?  She is still in the game, right?

Tai - Hasn't played great, but hasn't seemed to make enemies and has 2 idols.  I could see him beating any combination of Troyzan, Michaela, Aubry and possibly Sarah.  I doubt he could beat Andrea, Cirie or Brad, though.

5 minutes ago, kikaha said:

Has Sarah's name ever come up as a boot candidate?  Not that I recall.  Seems like she's floating/skating seamlessly between the various alliances, without making the others bitter or angry towards her. 

But the people who are most likely bitter against her are on the jury.  She is sort of playing the Tony game, hoping people will respect her for outwitting them, rather than be bitter.  It might work, but you never know with juries.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GenL said:

We'll do a live chat for the finale 

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this response but is there any chance there could be a separate thread for that? I try to be considerate and read all the posts before posting but it's really annoying to have to scroll through pages of live chat.

• Love 23

Tai - Hasn't played great, but hasn't seemed to make enemies and has 2 idols.  I could see him beating any combination of Troyzan, Michaela, Aubry and possibly Sarah.  I doubt he could beat Andrea, Cirie or Brad, though.

I can see Tai ending up in exactly the same spot as his first time...sitting in the finals without a vote. His biggest move so far was saving Sierra, which did get Malcolm out, but the shock and awe of that boot has faded. And if he idols his way to the end, I don't see the jury rewarding that. 

Is Andrea really that dangerous in the finals though? She's definitely dangerous to other people's chances to get there, but she's had relatively few allies throughout the game. This is one of those cases where I'd like to see the alleged threat that everyone's afraid of actually get to the end, just to see if those fears were justified. I'd kinda like to see Malcolm get to an endgame some time for the same reason. I guess Aubry might count as one of those cases, now that I think about it, and look how that turned out. 

Cirie does seem dangerous to me just because I think she could finesse a jury and I'd really like to see her finally get a chance. 

I can't remember if she's been in danger yet, but if she hasn't, she certainly learned her lesson from last time. She threw her swing vote weight around in Cagayan and it got her booted. 

But at this point, it's a little hard to see who's really allied anymore besides Cirie and Andrea and I guess Troyzan and Brad. Sierra's gone, Tai was betrayed last week, and Michaela has been an island unto herself pretty much the whole game. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

LMAO You really do need to look up Debbie's "modeling" photos if you haven't already. They are quite the treat. 

Oh, Ignoranceisbliss, you tried to warn me - why did I google image that?  WHY?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kikaha said:

Just a couple votes ago (about a week for the survivors) Sierra was furious that Sarah flipped and voted for Debbie, yet hey, bygones, last night she gifted Sarah an immunity idol.  Either she's very forgiving or is very bad at reading people. 

• Love 3

I'm a Tai-the-person fan (he's not that great of a player), and I am happy that Mark-the-human seems to be a lovely person and a good match for him.  And that they have cats.  

Mark was watching and wincing when they were manhandling Tai to get him through the digging part--more invested in his loved one staying unharmed than in whether he won or not.  I kind of appreciated that!  

Sierra's dad doesn't really have very visible eyebrows and he looks just fine with out them.  Kinda fresh-faced.  

I like how they carefully delineated "hugs and tears arena" with driftwood arranged in two parentheses in front of Probst--and Brad just ran right though that and got to Monica just about when she emerged from the bushes.

I said to Jobiska Jr. that if Brad's team got to the throwing part anywhere close to everyone else, he'd win it for them with his throwing skills (and I too heard one of the women telling the other one "let's get out of his way.")

With Sierra gone, I have a range of preferences but there's really nobody I'd be displeased to have win.  Even loose-cannon Tai and "who?" Troyzan and Aubry!  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

I too am puzzled why Sierra gave her advantage to Sarah.  Or why she even told her about it.  Because "we've bonded even though we aren't allied"?  Why wouldn't she have given it to Brad?  She and Brad were a solid team, and everyone knew it.  They had each other's backs, and I would have thought she would have wanted Brad to win.  If she was so close to Sarah and wants her to win, why didn't she ever try to entreat Sarah over to join their side?

But DID they really have each other's backs? Sierra TWICE told the other side she'd write down any name they wanted. ANY. If Brad hadn't won immunity, I think that would be the name that got written down. I can't blame Sierra, but I think it had gotten to a point where those two were going to be pitted against each other, and it appears she and Sarah were actually pretty close, game politics aside. I think it makes sense. She probably thought if she told Brad about the LA, he'd use it against her to try and get Sierra voted out instead of himself. 

3 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'm curious about Aubrey.  The last time she played, she was a fantastic strategic mastermind, and she was fairly relevant from start to finish.  This time around, she seems to be doing next to nothing.  Seems odd.  I get that she's probably letting other people take the lead (Andrea, Sarah) but I'm surprised that she's not more relevant.  Even if she got to the end, I'm not sure if I would vote for her, it seems like she is just a coattail rider at this point

I agree with all of this and it makes me really sad. I was rooting for Aubry from day 1 of her first season and she ended up being one of my favorite players ever. But so disappointing this season. There's laying low, and then there's just disappearing. 

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, henripootel said:

LMAO You really do need to look up Debbie's "modeling" photos if you haven't already. They are quite the treat. 

46 minutes ago, henripootel said:

Oh, Ignoranceisbliss, you tried to warn me - why did I google image that?  WHY?

Why oh why did I also google them?  However, they  did make me laugh so there’s that

• Love 2
(edited)

Is Andrea really that dangerous in the finals though?

Reasonable FTC for her is her, Michaela, and Aubry (ideally).  Michaela is not popular with the group, Aubry would have to argue that she was more responsible for stuff than Andrea strategically which is not the perception.  In reality because of her double advantage, Sarah probably gets in there.

The jury then would be: Hali, Ozzy, Debbie, Zeke, Sierra, Brad, Troy, Tai, Sarah/Aubry, and Cirie

I think Michaela gets no votes, fairly obviously.

Ozzy and Cirie are locks for Andrea in either situation.  Hali I think would go for Andrea over either, but Sarah it would be closer in her mind.  Aubry votes for Andrea.  The narrative Zeke wants to tell about himself is that he respects players who control the game and make big moves like voting out Zeke.  I think that leans him towards Andrea.  Debbie, Tai, and Troy are wildcards.  Brad I think leans towards Sarah but not Aubry.  Sierra votes for Sarah for sure, but I think Andrea over Aubry.  Sarah resents Andrea a little bit but I think would give her the win because she doesn't seem particularly close to Aubry.  She's the one person who might actually vote for Michaela.  I'd guess Andrea wins 6-4  (Ozzy, Cirie, Aubry, Zeke, Hali, Brad) over Sarah and 8-2 (Ozzy, Cirie, Zeke, Hali, Sarah, Sierra, and two of Debbie/Tai/Troy/Brad) over Aubry.

Cirie she loses to.

The problem for her is that she's got a core alliance of three in an eight person field and the other five people have five advantages between them, I think?  If she got to the end somehow she'd absolutely deserve the win, but other than sweeping the last five immunity challenges I'm not sure how she gets there unless Cirie Jedi Mind tricks some people into playing unnecessary idols.

Edited by enlightenedbum
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

What was that look on Sarah's face when Sierra was voted out? Like she was shocked, was that an act?

Well, Sarah always has sort of a shocked or confused look on her face. :)  But, I thought maybe she was expecting Sierra to hand her the legacy advantage right then and there, not realizing it didn't work that way.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this response but is there any chance there could be a separate thread for that? I try to be considerate and read all the posts before posting but it's really annoying to have to scroll through pages of live chat.

I agree. That is done for other shows and maybe even this one last season,  I don't remember.   

3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't think Sierra realized that Sarah betrayed her.  I think she said something like "I hope Sarah didn't betray me and I'm giving her the advantage" in her exit interview.  Once some more jurors start showing up at Ponderossa she will know for sure that Sarah backstabbed her to steal her advantage.  

Now Sierra might just say, "It's all in the game." and respect the move.  But, I have a feeling she won't, because it really wasn't such a great move by Sarah, but an idiotic move by Sierra.  

I can't figure out who does and does not have a chance with the jury.  

Sarah - could be dangerous, but might have pissed too many jurors off.

Brad - Has been a leader, done very well in challenges and hasn't seemed to piss many people off.  

Troyzan - seems like a non-entity who could only win if he goes to FTC with people the jury hates

Michaela - sort of similar to Troyzan, though she has done a little more, but has also annoyed more people.

Aubry - What does Aubry look like again?  She is still in the game, right?

But the people who are most likely bitter against her are on the jury.  She is sort of playing the Tony game, hoping people will respect her for outwitting them, rather than be bitter.  It might work, but you never know with juries.  

Right?! I was just thinking while watching last night how big of an Aubry fan I was during her season and thought she was robbed of the win but here, in the words of Evelyn of Basketball Wives, she's a non-mf'n factor.  She still gives good Twitter though so there's that.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

But if any combination of Andrea, Sarah, and Cirie get to the end...boy it's gonna be a show.

I would absolutely love to see that F3. What a ride that'd be! I think it'd come down to Cirie vs. Sarah tbh and my main horse is Andrea, but still, it would be fun to watch.

• Love 3
(edited)

That would be my ideal F3 but I wouldn't hate to see Brad or Sarah in the mix. Troy and Aubry seem nice enough but neither has done much.  Tai and 2 idols could still wreak havoc, making him a contender. 

When is the finale?  Seems like there are still a lot of people left. 

Edited by Haleth
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Haleth said:

When is the finale?  Seems like there are still a lot of people left. 

May 24th. So presumably, unless they boot 2 next week, the finale will start with 7. Which annoys me. I hated that they started beginning the finales with 6 and now they're adding another person. Ugh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Sarah has really turned it on here in the post-merge portion of the game.   She still has the hidden advantage she took from under Michaela's bench, right?  And now the legacy advantage...  Yeah, if she plays this right, she'll maybe take it all.  Bold and cold betrayal moves like she did with the Sierra and the Legacy Advantage get major kudos from the jury.  They might not like it, but they admire it. 

I always like the family visits, it gives you an insight to these people when they're not playing the game.  It reminds you that they're real people, not just constructs that Jeff built in his basement from Mark Burnett's specs.  I wonder how the family visit thing works, do you specify two or three possible loved ones, and the producers choose which one to go based on maximum drama or availability?  Since there is the very real possibility the loved one will have to participate in a challenge with you, do you list your wife, who you really want to see, or do you list your brother, the cross-fit champion?  It would also be supremely unfair if the producers get final pick on who to send off the list, considering that could be shaping the outcome of the game if they pick your somewhat dumpy asthmatic mom over your swim champ BFF if the loved ones are required to compete.  I certainly hope you get to list your loved ones in order of preference, like a primary and alternate choice, and only availability makes the choice for production.

Because she is so brilliant, I would not put it past Cirie to have strategized her choice so she could have some emotional comfort as well as actual help in a challenge.  And her story that she missed her youngest's graduation in order to be on Survivor also cooled any heat that might have come from back home by choosing him over the others.  Oh?  And the fact that he's a strapping athletic looking young man who could probably carry his momma over a finish line if need be is only coincidental?  Not a chance.  This is Cirie. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

I wonder, who will be the loved one of Debbie if she was still in the game? Is she even married or have kids? 

She mentioned a daughter once, but I don't know if that's her only kid. And based on how much she flirted with Nick (? I think that was his name) her first season, I'm guessing she's divorced or never married, but I don't know.

I don't love Sarah but I will begrudgingly admit she's playing a top-level game this season. Which is so baffling given how terrible she was the first time round. This was yet another good episode for her. 

Family visits... I don't love them, but I do understand them. It's not time or distance, it's the high-pressure environment and the isolation and paranoia. But they can just feel so manipulative, and I think doing them at nine is too much. The introductions take SO long and Jeff's questions get a bit repetitive - there are only so many ways you can ask someone why their mom is special, really. And the family visit challenge should not be a team challenge. I feel like it should have an element of how much you, as an individual, want it, and team challenges just don't allow that. 

That said, I cried actual tears at Cirie and Jared. I don't think anyone should play Survivor five times, and I don't think they should ever do BvW again, but damn, if Cirie and Jared wanted to play, I'd be all for it. 100%. 

Monica... I feel like Survivor production loves her way, way more than anyone else (except maybe Brad). She's not terrible - she's better at challenges than she gets credit for - but she was a non-entity in her first season and a goat in her second. Maybe I've just never met a neat lady, though.

Still ambivalent on this season, which is odd because there are still a few players left I like a lot, and given the way last season started, it's quite awesome that at F8 we have 5 women (including 2 WoC) left. It's not bad - lots of it is actually good - but I've been feeling for weeks like I'm just watching it play without any investment. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Interesting that "mother" and "wife" are the last two remaining titles Debbie HASN'T claimed membership to! I too don't remember what her status is - married, single, divorced, etc., and whether she has kids.

This episode was a bit of a snoozefest. I'm a glutton myself, so I don't usually mind excessive food rewards (yay food porn!), but this season it's too much. I realized I didn't care about the episode when even the castaways struggled to look enthusiastic about more burgers and dessert.

I left home at 17 despite having a great upbringing (just very independent), and I currently live abroad, so I can't ever comprehend how people get so emotional over not seeing family for 39 days. And this season in particular, where conditions are quite cushy....just do not understand. That being said, I still enjoy watching and getting to know the loved ones, I could just do without the tears and melodrama.

Andrea, Cirie and Michaela would be my ideal final 3, but I also wouldn't mind Andrea, Cirie and Tai - just for the dynamic of that grouping. I like Brad, but don't necessarily need him to make F3. Ditto Aubry.  Sarah is playing well, but I don't like her as a person/character, so not overly invested in her performance. Troy - whatever.

I don't normally say this about Survivor, but gawd this season is boring :/

Edited by Sugar
23 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't think Siera is smart enough to realize how stupid she is.

23 hours ago, vb68 said:

She certainly never realized that Sarah played her like a fiddle.  A dumb fiddle at that. 

23 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Siera going when home was Micahela's fault.  When Michaela said, "Don't anybody do anything dumb.", she should have added, "And by 'anybody', I mean you, Sierra."

23 hours ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

Well, hello Cirie's son!

I'm not one for loved one's visits but damn, Tai and Mark got me teary.

Anyone else noticed the shirt strap hanging out of Debbie's shirt? I'll let myself out.

9 hours ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

Meh, no thanks. I like my eyes and want to keep them. I'd have to throw bleach in them after that.

Just watched it and everything I wanted to say has been said.

But I wanted to add that you guys are killing me with these^^^^, and other posts with digs at Sierrra. My stomach is hurting from laughing. I don't even actually dislike Sierra, she's just there, but man you guys are good.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

I wonder, who will be the loved one of Debbie if she was still in the game? Is she even married or have kids? 

From her modeling photos, I'd guess her most loved one is a certain gray Mercedes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sugar said:

Interesting that "mother" and "wife" are the last two remaining titles Debbie HASN'T claimed membership to! I too don't remember what her status is - married, single, divorced, etc., and whether she has kids.

She has daughters who she's doing this for, she said tearing up talking about them in her previous season.

Looking at Debbie, I think one can tell she has had something of a difficult life. So no doubt she doesn't want to discuss her past relationships, or her current relationship 'status' -- but karma's a bitch sometimes. I wouldn't advise anyone laugh too hard at Debbie. I think she's a trooper.

• Love 3

If my sums are right, in the remaining tribal councils (5 or so?) There is still to be played:

1x Steal-a-vote (Sarah)

1x Legacy/Immunity idol (Sarah)

2x Immunity idols (Tai)

1x Immunity idol (Troyzan)

It could end up that Probst is voted out, as everyone else is safe.

• Love 18
(edited)
12 hours ago, blackwing said:

I too am puzzled why Sierra gave her advantage to Sarah.  Or why she even told her about it.

The more I think about this, the more I think it was one of the worst moves in Survivor history. Erik giving up immunity while the entire jury and remaining players laughed at his terrible move is still #1, but this might be in the top five. There is something so very satisfying about watching someone terrible at the game get voted out.

Does anyone know about Tai's idols? It doesn't seem like it.

I would feel so guilty about having a friend or family member fly all the way to Fiji to see me on a game show.

• Hey, long flight?
  • Yeah, 3 stops, 27 hours, CBS only pays for coach, and I got sick on the boat ride over here.
  • Sorry about that. There's a bush over there if you need to go to the bathroom.
  • Please don't pick me if you make it to another season.
  • Okay.
  • Can I go talk to Andrea now? You smell terrible.
Edited by Superpole2000
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Not the betrayal I'm talking about.  I mean when Sarah flipped on them back a few episodes ago at the Debbie vote.  If flipping is what makes people hate you then it's not happening in Sarah's case.

9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

But DID they really have each other's backs? Sierra TWICE told the other side she'd write down any name they wanted. ANY. If Brad hadn't won immunity, I think that would be the name that got written down. I can't blame Sierra, but I think it had gotten to a point where those two were going to be pitted against each other, and it appears she and Sarah were actually pretty close, game politics aside. I think it makes sense. She probably thought if she told Brad about the LA, he'd use it against her to try and get Sierra voted out instead of himself. 

I wouldn't have told Brad myself in this situation, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't have given it to him after I was voted out.  It can't hurt her then, and I would have thought she'd want to help her constant ally -- even if she was willing to vote against him to get a few more days.

Telling anyone about the Legacy Advantage, at least the Legacy part of it, is a baffling decision to me, but even more surprising is that both times, people have given it to the people they told.  I guess I'm terrible, but I would want to throw as much of a monkey wrench in the game as I could, if it were me, which means give it to someone who needs it most -- not only so it might disrupt the plans of people who voted me out, but also so it might get passed down to more people to continue the chaos.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, KimberStormer said:

I guess I'm terrible, but I would want to throw as much of a monkey wrench in the game as I could, if it were me, which means give it to someone who needs it most -- not only so it might disrupt the plans of people who voted me out, but also so it might get passed down to more people to continue the chaos.

I think that would be fun. You've told someone they'll get it but then give it to the person they'd least expect - they know it's out there but they have no idea who has it. Better yet, if you have to tell *someone* or you're just going to burst, tell them it exists but muddy up all the details - when it has to be played, what it does, everything. You get to get it off your chest but you also get to create chaos when you go and if you don't go, well, surprise! 

(I loathed Tony, and his lying about when the super-idol was valid to annoyed the hell out of me but if I'd liked him I feel like I would have thought that was a great move.)

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Jeffurry said:

Jeremy's loved one in Second Chance was Val, a former survivor.

And Wentworth's loved on in that same season was her father Dale, also a former Survivor.  From the same season as Val.

The only notable difference here is that Monica has been to FTC and faced the jury.  Val was the first boot, and Dale was voted out before the merge and jury.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, DEL901 said:

As for Michaela and her being so emotional with the family visit... while she needs to control her emotions better in the game, she did play back-to-back seasons.  I wonder when she was last at home?

Zek said that they had two weeks between seasons. Neither of them saw their first season or the reactions of others to their games so neither of them had a clue what they needed to change. Zek also said he was mentally exhausted from playing back to back. Michaela was out earlier in their season but I think that she was still tired and that it was really hard to play. I don't think that they should bring back people like that. Everyone should have the time to go home and see their first season before they go back. That way they have a chance to physically and mentally recover and they can evaluate how they played.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I am amazed at how little we have seen of Aubry this season.
I wonder if Zeke will be invited back? After that whole incident, I almost think he will. When he worked with CBS on editing that episode, he should have made that a stipulation!

If Cirie make the finals, she wins. I don't think anyone can beat her.

• Love 1

Michaela is just so so pretty, but she is getting scarily thin, as was Sierra. Michaela really needs to go onmore rewards!

I'm also worried that with the women making all the big moves, the guys are in a great place for FTC. Brad has played a decent game but I'd much prefer someone like Andrea, Sarah or Cirie win.

• Love 2

I'm 100% sure that if I was having that conversation with Sierra about the legacy advantage as soon as she said "... and if I get voted out I'll give it to you!" I would have made the same face Sandra made directly to the camera when she was taking all of the sugar out of the jar to piss off JT.

C8IH54qUIAExSlr.jpg

• Love 8
(edited)
15 hours ago, MissEwa said:

Still ambivalent on this season, which is odd because there are still a few players left I like a lot, and given the way last season started, it's quite awesome that at F8 we have 5 women (including 2 WoC) left. It's not bad - lots of it is actually good - but I've been feeling for weeks like I'm just watching it play without any investment. 

I'm still enjoying the season because there are a number of players that are playing hard and/or well, but I get the ambivalence - for me, it's all these advantages and idols about to drop. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some of them will be sent packing with their owners so as to even the playing field. 

10 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

Telling anyone about the Legacy Advantage, at least the Legacy part of it, is a baffling decision to me, but even more surprising is that both times, people have given it to the people they told.  I guess I'm terrible, but I would want to throw as much of a monkey wrench in the game as I could, if it were me, which means give it to someone who needs it most -- not only so it might disrupt the plans of people who voted me out, but also so it might get passed down to more people to continue the chaos.

Definitely. Give it to the one you think has the best chance of thwarting the plans of people who voted you out. Or, if you're very bitter, to the person who's the next stated target (double reason if you like that person).

Do we know when the advantaged is transferred? After the vote or before tribal could have very different implications.    

10 hours ago, MissEwa said:

I think that would be fun. You've told someone they'll get it but then give it to the person they'd least expect - they know it's out there but they have no idea who has it. Better yet, if you have to tell *someone* or you're just going to burst, tell them it exists but muddy up all the details - when it has to be played, what it does, everything. You get to get it off your chest but you also get to create chaos when you go and if you don't go, well, surprise! 

(I loathed Tony, and his lying about when the super-idol was valid to annoyed the hell out of me but if I'd liked him I feel like I would have thought that was a great move.)

Absolutely. If you must tell someone you have the legacy advantage, tell them you can only transfer it at F5, for instance, and it can be played up until F4. What do you have to lose at that point? Give someone an incentive to keep you until F5, then vote them out at F6 :) 

Edited by NutMeg
one typo I noticed, maybe dozens more to go
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Paws said:

Michaela is just so so pretty, but she is getting scarily thin, as was Sierra. Michaela really needs to go onmore rewards!

I'm also worried that with the women making all the big moves, the guys are in a great place for FTC. Brad has played a decent game but I'd much prefer someone like Andrea, Sarah or Cirie win.

She looked so absolutely beautiful at tribal council. She has perfect skin.

I don't remember how they transferred the legacy advantage last time - didn't it just get handed off at tribal council?

We haven't heard much from Aubrey or Troizan, but their names don't seem to come up at voting time either.

This is Survivor season 34.  The way these folks reacted to their loved ones showing up is exactly the same as everyone's reactions in seasons 1-33.  Apparently, even though it just seems like a long camping trip with a lot of puzzle pieces to us, this is the way normal people do react.  It's us viewers who should get used to it.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, meep.meep said:

I don't remember how they transferred the legacy advantage last time - didn't it just get handed off at tribal council?

I'm pretty sure they showed Jessica saying she was giving it to Ken in her exit interview (just like they did with Sierra) and then in the ep after Jessica's boot they showed Ken getting it and reading the rules.

• Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm pretty sure they showed Jessica saying she was giving it to Ken in her exit interview (just like they did with Sierra) and then in the ep after Jessica's boot they showed Ken getting it and reading the rules.

That is correct.  In both instances, the giver stated in her final confessional to whom she was willing it and then wrote down the name of the recipient under her own name on the LA. And I assume a producer later found a private moment to give it to the recipient.

That is why, IMO, Sarah did the whole fake reaction to Sierra getting voted out at TC, just to ensure that Sierra didn't suspect Sarah's betrayal and ensuring that Sierra still willed it to Sarah.

ETA:  Ken was not aware of the existence of the LA, if I remember correctly, until he got it.

Edited by Special K