Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

Just now, Absolom said:

The Duggars have been saying JD is a part time officer for a couple of years or so now.  Whether he is or not, I can't prove.

See your point of view, but I still say it was a tacky way of making the announcement.

I got all excited when i read the Its a Boy post. I first thought Joy had her baby, then realized I was in the Jokendra thread. 

I agree, the more boys the better. Especially for the first couple of kids.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Good. I continue to hope they all have boys, all the time. And that the Lost Girls run away as soon as they can so as not to be pressed into aunt-mom duties.

If anyone has a girl, I hope it's Jinger, because I think she'll be the most likely not to have hordes of kids.

Jinger also lives the farthest away from sexual predator Uncle Josh. 

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Good grief!!  Why couldn't thet just do a cake or balloons? I thought Jeremy & Audrey Roloff's (Little People) was bad enough using fire crackers or fireworks that shot off pink for their girl. 

Those were a thing this year. I don't remember seeing them last year, but they were front and center in every Firework store we went into before the 4th. 

• Love 1

We're all out here wishing only boys on them (I know I am), so they don't birth any future sister moms, but considering their religion considers boy to be better than girls, they all probably think that having boys is a continuing sign that God finds them extra special.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's a lot of future patriarchs who will have to find jobs somewhere, or will they all work for Gramps? 

I predict the second generation will follow the Bates example, just out of pure logic.  The parents won't want to work that hard making opportunities for their children (looking at you, Jill and Derick), and Gramps won't live forever. 

• Love 2

My brother is a constable in another county in Arkansas, and the job is about as involved as you want it to be. In my brother's case, it's pretty much nonexistent, but there are some others I know who are a little more hands-on. But even with them, I don't think any of them would put in anything remotely resembling part-time hours on it. Granted, we're in a rural county with fewer people, but there is at least a need for constables here because emergency services can be delayed due to the rural roads. (When my grandpa fell a few years ago and suffered a concussion, it took forever for an ambulance to arrive, but the local volunteer first responders were at the house within 20 minutes, which is pretty good since that's about how far my grandparents live from town.) I question how much a Washington County constable would really do, given their proximity to much larger towns and the county and city-wide law enforcement agencies. 

All of that's to say, if JD really is a part-time officer, I think he'd have to be doing something beyond being a constable. 

Edited by Zella
clarity
  • Love 8

I knew it was only a matter of time before some Duggar did a firearm-related sex reveal. I figured it'd be Joy and Austin, but of course they decided to go the "Let's be surprised" route. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I got all excited when i read the Its a Boy post. I first thought Joy had her baby, then realized I was in the Jokendra thread. 

I agree, the more boys the better. Especially for the first couple of kids.

I thought it was a Joy announcement, too. 

Didn't Joe and Kendra just announce her pregnancy? When is she due? I feel like the Duggars have some kind of speeded-up pregnancies where they go from announcement to birth in about three months. 

• Love 6
On 02/02/2018 at 7:25 AM, Pollypam said:

Yes, east coast and Italian. Are there people named Vincent who aren't Italian?? ?

Quebecoise here. It's a fairly common name here as well.

Back on topic: yawwwwn. At least it's a boy.

• Love 3
On 24/01/2018 at 10:36 PM, Temperance said:

No, she won't. A) It's unreasonable to have dibs that long, and b) all her kids have names that end in el. 

Not that that has ever stopped a Duggar...

• Love 3
17 hours ago, kalamac said:

We're all out here wishing only boys on them (I know I am), so they don't birth any future sister moms, but considering their religion considers boy to be better than girls, they all probably think that having boys is a continuing sign that God finds them extra special.

Until they have enough boys for baseball team. I don't think the mom's will feel that special, especially if they keep up the strict gender work division.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Kendra doesn't seem like the type to wear tight t-shirts and take sexy pregnancy pictures in front of a mirror. I think she'll stick to loose dresses and maternity clothes. 

God let's hope so.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, kalamac said:

True, but even Michelle said she was lucky to have so many girls back to back in the beginning to take over mothering duties. Being "special" in god's eyes is all well and good, but it ain't gonna keep a house (marginally) clean or put (mediocre) meals on the table. You need a domestic labor force for that, and they won't have that with boys. 

• Love 19

They may change their minds when they realize that they're stuck doing all the housework and child care, ad infinitum, though. ....

Or realize they face the stark choice of doing all the -- gasp! -- work themselves or -- gaspity gasp gasp gasp! -- emasculating their budding young leaders in such an unChristian way. I mean, it'd be not just a boy in the family, but one of those God-designated oldest leader boys who'd have to help out. Heaven forfend.

And while I agree with the general sentiment that I'd be least unhappy to see Jingle have girls, I'd be happier not risking that either. Let 'em all have nothing but boys. Avoid the risks entirely.

As an added bonus, when those boys turn into young men, they won't even have the daughter's option of finding a spouse who himself has enough education, training and work experience  to be able to support them. They'll have to be the breadwinners when they marry young and start pumping out yet another generation for Jesus.  And there's no way Jizm Bob'll still be in job-dispensing mode by that point.

Honestly, this family is so dunderheaded and stubborn, I wouldn't be surprised if it took all the way into that third generations' adulthood before they started to grasp reality, wholesale. 

• Love 17

There is one fundie family featured on TLC once that had 1 girl and 10+ boys (one of them had alopecia. The Arndts?) The girl was one of the youngest, so the boys had to do a lot of housework, and the mom expressed regret over that. So yeah, I want all of them--Jingle included--to have nothing but boys.

• Love 19

It will be interesting to see how Joe & Kendra and his baby birthing siblings manage when it comes to relying on God to provide when they're in the 1/2 dozen plus kid zone. Anna is nearly there and Jessa could be in the next 5 years.

For me the stress would be near unbearable, yet I don't have the same beliefs or expectations from God that they do.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It will be interesting to see how Joe & Kendra and his baby birthing siblings manage when it comes to relying on God to provide when they're in the 1/2 dozen plus kid zone. Anna is nearly there and Jessa could be in the next 5 years.

For me the stress would be near unbearable, yet I don't have the same beliefs or expectations from God that they do.

They will just stick their head in the sand because God will provide. It worked out so well for JB and Michelle amirite.

The older J'kids suffered for it until TLC came along. Granted JB and Michelle will probably make sure the M'kids are cared for. Joshley being the golden child and all. The rest, who knows. They learned from the best about God providing.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Marigold said:

These two are so boring that I forgot to even come here and comment.

Now that I'm here, I don't know what to say.

How nice. A boy.  (Did I sound interested?)

I know, right? I keep forgetting about these two. 

• Love 5
On 2/2/2018 at 7:25 AM, Pollypam said:

Are there people named Vincent who aren't Italian?? ?

The young Prince Vincent of Denmark. Prince Vince, poor kid.

On 1/19/2018 at 11:22 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

For the record, I have a hella old lady name that you would think "why name a baby that?" It's a feminization of my grandfather's name that it took me 40 years to grow into. I'm okay with it now but for most of my early life I felt like I was introducing my grandma when I told people my name.

I went to high school with a girl named Herma. Named after her late grandfather. Wait, was that you? ?

• Love 6

I used to wear headphones at my mindless data entry job years ago.  I had a regular morning talk/rock music station I listened to.  They would take callers for contests, etc.  The DJ's asked a woman caller her name.  "Davette", she replied.  DJ:  Is your dad's name Dave?  Davette:  Yes.  DJ:  Slap him for me :)

Good times.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, kalamac said:

While potatoes are fantastic if prepared well, we know this one is just going to get mashed into a bland lump.

If the Duggars were potatoes, they'd be starchy, overcooked, mashed, and covered with greasy store-brand gravy.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

If the Duggars were potatoes, they'd be starchy, overcooked, mashed, and covered with greasy store-brand gravy.

Dried potato flakes, poured in a styrofoam bowl. No water needed.

• Love 18
On 2/15/2018 at 4:22 PM, Mollie said:

So, they are going to take this baby and "grow him"?  Oh my!  They are going to treat him like a potato. 

After 10+ years of trying to come to terms that we will be childless by force, you have given me hope!  All I need to do is get some taters and plant 'em.  We will be the envy of our entire neighborhood, and our parents will be thrilled!

• Love 11
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, Mollie said:

So, they are going to take this baby and "grow him"?  Oh my!  They are going to treat him like a potato. 

One of my linguistic pet peeves is the use of "grow" as an active verb for anything but plants. Usually with regard to businessy stuff. "Grow your business" "Grow our customer base" "grow your skills." NO!!!! Just NO!! There are wonderful words such as "expand" and "improve" and "enlarge" that are much more appropriate. One grows flowers or vegetables or trees; one does not "grow" a company!!!!

• Love 19
On 2/8/2018 at 11:51 AM, xwordfanatik said:

I used to wear headphones at my mindless data entry job years ago.  I had a regular morning talk/rock music station I listened to.  They would take callers for contests, etc.  The DJ's asked a woman caller her name.  "Davette", she replied.  DJ:  Is your dad's name Dave?  Davette:  Yes.  DJ:  Slap him for me :)

Good times.

I went to high school with a David.  His daughter is Davina.

I can do that one better....I knew a Don whose kids were Don Jr., Donna and Dawn.  Talk about a narcissist!

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:
On 2/8/2018 at 10:51 AM, xwordfanatik said:

I went to high school with a David.  His daughter is Davina.

I can do that one better....I knew a Don whose kids were Don Jr., Donna and Dawn.  Talk about a narcissist!

Suddenly, I have a rather strange feeling of dejá vu…

• Love 3
18 hours ago, LilJen said:

One of my linguistic pet peeves is the use of "grow" as an active verb for anything but plants. Usually with regard to businessy stuff. "Grow your business" "Grow our customer base" "grow your skills." NO!!!! Just NO!! There are wonderful words such as "expand" and "improve" and "enlarge" that are much more appropriate. One grows flowers or vegetables or trees; one does not "grow" a company!!!!

Actually, the proper form is, "I purpose to grow this company." 

• Love 19

I have been way out of the loop for baby items.  Some company has a racket going with the high priced "organic" baby wipes, hand sanitizing wipes, surface wipes, etc. I know some babies have extra sensitive skin & need better wipes and this is the first baby where they want nothing but the best, but what a joke for the most part. What happened to the homemade baby wipes the Duggars made & raved about back in the day? Still can't imagine using a paper towel that has been saturated with baby lotion on a baby's tender bottom (esp if they have diaper rash.)

• Love 6