Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

seriously i think it will be a boring name like emma or jacob

Do we have to call certain names "boring"? It kind of sucks to hear this as someone who has a common first name. Just because a name is simple or common does not mean that it is "boring", and names that one person may consider "boring" may hold a lot of significance for someone else.

While Emma or Jacob could be called boring, I like to think that they have classic sophistication and can suit a person well at any age.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

brooks or tarjay

seriously i think it will be a boring name like emma or jacob

Aldi Duggar. 

57 minutes ago, SnarkyShark said:

Do we have to call certain names "boring"? It kind of sucks to hear this as someone who has a common first name. Just because a name is simple or common does not mean that it is "boring", and names that one person may consider "boring" may hold a lot of significance for someone else.

While Emma or Jacob could be called boring, I like to think that they have classic sophistication and can suit a person well at any age.

They're not really boring names, just overdone. I remember being in the first grade with four or five Lisas in just my class; that's how it will be for the Emmas and Jacobs and Aidans of the world. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

They're not really boring names, just overdone. I remember being in the first grade with four or five Lisas in just my class; that's how it will be for the Emmas and Jacobs and Aidans of the world. 

If you were born in the mid to late 60s, it seemed there were 3 Jennifers and 2 Heathers just in my class.  Those were really common names.

• Love 6

Yeah, I remember the Jennys and Heathers. My name was something around #25 on the baby list when I was born, but there were three of us in my class, two good friends - one with my middle name as well! - and work colleagues. However, the name was in its last gasp of popularity, being most popular in the 50's, and even before. I was channelsurfing the other day and landed on some old lady calling into QVC. She had my name, and she had to be at least in her 70's. So yeah, I have an old lady name that I've always despised. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

If you were born in the mid to late 60s, it seemed there were 3 Jennifers and 2 Heathers just in my class.  Those were really common names.

And the late 50's/early 60's must have been the heyday for Debbies, Nancys, Lisas and Pat(ricia)s. I think those four names  must have made up a good half of my classmates.

• Love 6

I might have one of those names. As I said, they were kind of dying out when I was in school, though, other than the clusters of them I discussed earlier. I mean, it's BAD when your good friend has YOUR EXACT NAME. We just became Initial One and Initial Two. I was One because I was older. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Well, I guess technically there's James, but j wouldn't consider him a junior. I wonder if he ever feels weird having the same name as his dad, but not being a junior!

Why would he feel weird about this? It's not at all uncommon for a child to be given a parent's first name but a different middle name.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

And the late 50's/early 60's must have been the heyday for Debbies, Nancys, Lisas and Pat(ricia)s. I think those four names  must have made up a good half of my classmates.

When I was born, late 60's, my mother wanted to name me Lisa.  There were 5 girls born in the hospital that day, 4 of them were named Lisa according to my mother.  I was not one of them.

• Love 5

I was born in the late 60's & my name was one of the most popular names the year I was born.  when I was 7th grade there were 7 stephanie's in my social studies class.  The teacher numbered us & just called us by a number.   I was #6.  In the seating chart we were all sat in 2 rows together.  I was supposed to be Michaela Michelle but I have a cousin 2 weeks older than I am with my name.  Thankfully my mom didn't go with her 2nd choice.  2nd was Summer. That one would have sucked because my middle name is Gay.  Summer Gay  born in 68.   yeah, just nope.  

• Love 4

I don't know anything about Kendra aside from her incessant giggling.   Zero idea how her mind works to even try to guess what she might name her kid.   I don't even think I've heard her say more than a few words, it's always the giggle.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Portia said:

Why would he feel weird about this? It's not at all uncommon for a child to be given a parent's first name but a different middle name.

My husband has the same first name as his father, but his middle name is Edwin as opposed to his father's Edmund. His parents tacked the "Jr" at the end of his name even though he technically wasn't, mostly to avoid confusion. Even after he was out on his own and moving in completely different circles than his dad he held onto it until he was probably in his 40's. 

• Love 1

I have an old lady name, because my mom's best friend, who was quite a bit older than she was, had my name.  I hated it until I was told by a supervisor that it was a classy name.  Now that I am an old(er;) lady, it fits me fine.  I was born near mid-20th century, and Linda, Susan, and Patricia (Patty) seemed very popular when I was in school.  I sometimes look at the birth announcement to see what they're naming kids nowadays.

Kendra the titterer may surprise us, but I still think it'll be biblical for a son and cutesy for a daughter.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Don't forget Kathy and Barb.  I know a gajillion of them!  

Personally I have never enjoyed naming games, probably because my sil always makes suggestions from the moment she knows of a pregnancy.  We kept our names secret until the babies were born and the heck with anyone who criticizes our adorable baby's name!

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Amy posted a story on Instagram where she said Joe and Kendra are living in grampa Duggar's old cabin. It used to be his real estate office and they redid the whole thing.

Any pictures out there? Is it nice-ish?

Holy crap, it took me a second to realize it was Amy narrating the video. She sounds EXACTLY like Joy.

The cabin does look really cozy. I love log homes, so I'd be happy as a clam there, especially if it was fixed up nicely.

Grampa Duggar was a really handsome man in his youth. It's weird because there's that same dynamic as with Mr. Ruark, where the Duggar boys have similar traits and features, but aren't nearly as good-looking.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Heathen said:

Aldi Duggar. 

You get used to it. The upside is that people rarely mispronounce or mess up your name. I have gone to school with a fair amount of Indian students and substitute teachers would ALWAYS mess up or butcher their names. Sometimes, when subs would pause in the middle of taking roll, the student would just say "here" because they knew they were next in alphabetical order and the sub had no idea how to pronounce their name.

17 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

My dad's parents each have a sibling named Patricia, so I have two Aunt Pattys. Completely coincidental, yet both are sharp and great cooks. 

17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I might have one of those names. As I said, they were kind of dying out when I was in school, though, other than the clusters of them I discussed earlier. I mean, it's BAD when your good friend has YOUR EXACT NAME. We just became Initial One and Initial Two. I was One because I was older. 

It is like that for my brother. He has a name that is consistently in the top ten for boys, and it is the same name as his best friend. One time he was in a math class where he was one of four students who all had the same first name, and the teacher sat them all next to each other in a pod. Fun times. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/169860489919/part-2-where-she-talks-about-joe-and-kendra-living

She just fimed a picture of the cabin. It's gone from her Instagram but here is the link of the video.

If Joe and Kendra wanted people to know where they were living, they would have announced it themselves.  This isn't the first time Amy has divulged private information about her cousins.  No wonder they keep their distance from her.  She wasn't even asked to be a bridesmaid at any of the girls' weddings.  Amy, take the hint and leave your cousins out of your social media posts.  Quit trying to ride their coattails and get your own life. 

• Love 10

Boob finally forced one of his kids to live in the compound. What else is Joe to do? No education, no skills, no job, and the first of at least a dozen babies on the way. Maybe after Jinger semi spreaded her wings Boob decided to put on the screws on the rest to be married kidults.  Man, how it must kill him that he can’t just drop by the Vuolo home at will, or that Jinger is not spending her days “investing” in her siblings lives. ?

I thought when the cabin was moved to the compound the purpose was for Mary to live there.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 9

Mary's the equivalent of that sad "day old" baked goods display tucked in the back of every grocery store. Largely forgotten and only patronized out of pure necessity. Kendra is young, fertile and willing to birth thirteen babies in the name of Jesus. She needs a roof over her head to do that, so sayonara Mary!

• Love 5

Nah, I seriously think that Mary ditched the TTH for Deanna when Deanna's marriage went down the tubes. IOW, she's been there a couple of years, at least. With JoKen moving in after the remodel (thanks for broadcasting that to the world Famy!), there was probably little incentive for Mary to return to the Duggar Back 40. I think she's perfectly happy without all the chaos in her golden years. IIRC, she was born around 1940, so she's in her late 70's now. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nah, I seriously think that Mary ditched the TTH for Deanna when Deanna's marriage went down the tubes. IOW, she's been there a couple of years, at least. With JoKen moving in after the remodel (thanks for broadcasting that to the world Famy!), there was probably little incentive for Mary to return to the Duggar Back 40. I think she's perfectly happy without all the chaos in her golden years. IIRC, she was born around 1940, so she's in her late 70's now. 

Mary will be 77 years old in May.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

My parents win the Non-Originality game. Four girls born mid-60s to early 70s. Sara, Anne, Jennifer, Katharine. Sara was on a soccer team for years with two other Saras. I was just one of half a dozen Jennifers my age. The only unique thing we had going for us was weird middle names (that upper-crust CT practice of giving family names for middle names).

So, Kendra, I would not go with Jennifer.

• Love 3

Naming children is so freaking hard. I'm due in June and I fell in love with the name Isla ( eye-luh) which is very common over in Europe but not super popular here. I can't decide if it is a good idea or not, I don't want her ( if baby is a girl) to have to forever be explaining how to pronounce her name. 

I could see them doing something cute and popular, like Ava or Emma. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Naming children is so freaking hard. I'm due in June and I fell in love with the name Isla ( eye-luh) which is very common over in Europe but not super popular here. I can't decide if it is a good idea or not, I don't want her ( if baby is a girl) to have to forever be explaining how to pronounce her name. 

Put it with a more common  name so she has a choice  of which name  to use. Isla is a pretty  name.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

My friend's granddaughter is named Ila and I haven't heard of any problems with it.  

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I'm originally from Boston, which is a huge Irish-Catholic area. I grew up with a girl named Aisling and nobody outside Massachusetts knew how to pronounce her name, lol. 

I'm still thinking Kendra will trend towards cutesy. She's a teenager with the emotional maturity of a 12 year-old.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Can you imagine if they named their daughter Saoirse? I dig that name to the nth degree.  It’s pronounced sur-shuh. Love the spelling. My little heart fills with joy watching the Duggars trying to pronounce it.

Remember when Jessa pronounced "duvet" as "doo-vett"? Yeah, the stupid runs deep in this family.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Remember when Jessa pronounced "duvet" as "doo-vett"? Yeah, the stupid runs deep in this family.

I remember Jessa wrote a post a while ago and wrote "walla!" instead of "voila!". 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Can you imagine if they named their daughter Saoirse? I dig that name to the nth degree.  It’s pronounced sur-shuh. Love the spelling. My little heart fills with joy watching the Duggars trying to pronounce it.

That’s funny, because a former Good Day NY anchor named their kid that, and Rosanna Scotto, whom I assume had heard the Irish father speak it aloud, said ‘Sear-shuh’, as in ‘Sear it on the barbecue grill.’

• Love 1

I was born in the 1950’s and when I was in high school we had four cheerleaders named Debbie! I also have a name thT was way popular at that time ( it’s gender neutral, so there were boys with the same name) and there were always at least two other kids in my class with the same name.

And.... there are SIX people in my office with the same name as mine!!  (Needless to say, I am all for one of a kind names!)

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Kim Kardashian just named her newborn daughter Chicago.  Chicago's older sister is named North West and her brother is named Saint West.  Silly names all!

That poor child. As if she doesn't have enough strikes against her, with those two nitwits for parents. 

• Love 17