Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I have been way out of the loop for baby items.  Some company has a racket going with the high priced "organic" baby wipes, hand sanitizing wipes, surface wipes, etc. I know some babies have extra sensitive skin & need better wipes and this is the first baby where they want nothing but the best, but what a joke for the most part. What happened to the homemade baby wipes the Duggars made & raved about back in the day? Still can't imagine using a paper towel that has been saturated with baby lotion on a baby's tender bottom (esp if they have diaper rash.)

Yes!  And remember how they used to school us on making homemade laundry detergent? Those were the days!

• Love 2
On 15.2.2018 at 10:22 PM, Mollie said:

So, they are going to take this baby and "grow him"?  Oh my!  They are going to treat him like a potato. 

No , they'll hand him over to Jana for the occasional watering . 

• Love 10
On 2/18/2018 at 2:41 PM, Angeltoes said:

I went to high school with a David.  His daughter is Davina.

I can do that one better....I knew a Don whose kids were Don Jr., Donna and Dawn.  Talk about a narcissist!

I have an uncle David & my cousin is named Davina.  And to make it oddly relevant to the thread, she named her son Vincent.   LOL   Although, my cousin does go by her middle name, not Davina. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

So I know I'm late to the game, but where are Joe and Kendra living?  Do they have a house or are they living off a parent?  What is Joe doing for a living to support his family???

They renovated Grampa Duggar's old cabin that used to be his real estate office. I think some people here mentioned that it was on the Duggar property. 

Not exactly sure what Joe does, most likely selling used cars. 

Edited by Lunera
Oops
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

They renovated Grampa Duggar's old cabin that used to be his real estate office. I think some people here mentioned that it was on the Duggar property. 

Not exactly sure what Joe does, most likely selling used cards

That typo had me laughing at the image in my head of Joe standing out on a street corner trying to get people to buy used greeting cards, dressed like some poor little matchgirl. "Please buy my cards, I need to eat...."

• Love 18
7 hours ago, kalamac said:

That typo had me laughing at the image in my head of Joe standing out on a street corner trying to get people to buy used greeting cards, dressed like some poor little matchgirl. "Please buy my cards, I need to eat...."

Haha...with the previous signatures and wishes covered in white-out? 

• Love 12
17 hours ago, kalamac said:

Honestly, that sounds like too much work. I don’t think any of them would be willing to make that much effort to support themselves! 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Lunera said:

Not exactly sure what Joe does, most likely selling used cars. 

How many used cars can a small city in Arkansas need???  Seems like the only job these boys have is selling used cars.  I mean they may be lucky if they sell one a month, split between how many boys and their families must be pennies.

• Love 18
21 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

How many used cars can a small city in Arkansas need???  Seems like the only job these boys have is selling used cars.  I mean they may be lucky if they sell one a month, split between how many boys and their families must be pennies.

I can't figure it out either. IIRC, their town only has something like two or three thousand people. I can't imagine there's a huge market for used cars, and I don't see people traveling distances to buy an overpriced clunker from a Duggar. So you've got Josh, Jer, Jed, Si and possibly Joe trying to eke out a living this way? They'd probably make more money collecting cans on the side of the highway. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can't figure it out either. IIRC, their town only has something like two or three thousand people. I can't imagine there's a huge market for used cars, and I don't see people traveling distances to buy an overpriced clunker from a Duggar. So you've got Josh, Jer, Jed, Si and possibly Joe trying to eke out a living this way? They'd probably make more money collecting cans on the side of the highway. 

Maybe they should clean out the Duggars junk pile and sell the metal - they might make more money.

• Love 12

I think the new lot is in Smuggar's neck of the woods in Siloam Springs which is a little larger than Tontitown, but not as big as Springdale, and much smalller than Fayetteville. Why they don't concentrate selling used cars in a college town is beyond me. There is John Brown University in SS, but their student body  for potential customers is nothing compared to UofA. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Don’t forget Jim Boob’s cut ...

• Love 5
On 2/22/2018 at 11:51 PM, kalamac said:

Well, once TLC pulls the plug ... 

All in good time. 

On 2/23/2018 at 6:58 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

Haha...with the previous signatures and wishes covered in white-out? 

They'd probably just tear the writing out. White-out's expensive. 

6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They may do both now. They have plenty of time, I expect. You don't need to five guys manning the car lot when you only get a customer once every couple of days or so. 

• Love 7

Its a shame none of the boys could have the proper training* to become a licensed mechanic. That's where the money is. 

* I mean a real mechanic school, not learning from Pastor Caldwell. If they were allowed to go to public school, they could have even gotten their training thru the Vo-tech program for Free. (If their schools offer this)

• Love 18
18 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Its a shame none of the boys could have the proper training* to become a licensed mechanic. That's where the money is. 

* I mean a real mechanic school, not learning from Pastor Caldwell. If they were allowed to go to public school, they could have even gotten their training thru the Vo-tech program for Free. (If their schools offer this)

Heck, yeah. Even Clown College has a program that's professionally certified. The fact that they insist on running car businesses and yet haven't even sent any of the kids to that really confirms for me that the Duggar parents are at least half way to insanity, I swear. 

https://crowntradesandtech.com/

• Love 17
23 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Now you're just spewing the word of Satan! Proper training? Pffffft!

• Love 5
On February 24, 2018 at 8:29 PM, Barb23 said:

Girls and Boys - proper training for mechanics, culinary, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, construction, contractor, animal care, landscape, agriculture.  Work all around!!!  get some type of "real" degree kids!

• Love 8
9 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Girls and Boys - proper training for mechanics, culinary, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, construction, contractor, animal care, landscape, agriculture.  Work all around!!!  get some type of "real" degree kids!

I have never really understood why Jim Bob would not have his sons complete some kind of "real" course like these.  They could be self-employed and have some money of their own.  I know he is a control freak, but what harm would come with sons and sons-in-law who could actually support a family?  It is so short-sighted.  What happens when Jim Bob shuffles off the mortal coil?  Who will take care of Michelle and Josie when all the money dries up?

• Love 15

But even Jana and JD need a source of income.  JD could have benefited from more advanced pilot training.  And Jana could have benefited from ANY vocational training.   Nursing, beautician, chef, animal groomer, accountant, anything.   I don't understand this family.  And now another generation will be doomed to stupidity.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have never really understood why Jim Bob would not have his sons complete some kind of "real" course like these.  They could be self-employed and have some money of their own.  I know he is a control freak, but what harm would come with sons and sons-in-law who could actually support a family?  It is so short-sighted.  What happens when Jim Bob shuffles off the mortal coil?  Who will take care of Michelle and Josie when all the money dries up?

To me (aspiring prez of Jizm-Bob-Despisers-International), it's just more evidence of exactly how self-centered the bastard is. All he wants is bragging rights for his 19 and total control of them for now. He doesn't give a crap for their futures. Or for anything else that isn't his own personal ego. No other consideration ever even momentarily crosses what passes for the big goon's mind, I expect. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, XrystalPond said:

It is automatically listed on any registry. I know a co-worker had put together her registry and it included Prime as a gift item. She was trying really hard to delete it because she thought it looked tacky to have that on there too. 

oh that is a relief honestly thank you

• Love 6
On 2/22/2018 at 6:34 AM, lookeyloo said:

My cousin David named his daughter Dana. A nice name. Not fundy folks. 

Is your cousin married to woman named Tina? My cousin David is and they named their daughter "Dana" - a combo of both of their names, but still a real name.  Are you one of my cousins? Or a cousin to my cousin on his mom's side? LOL. 

16 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

All of these jobs pay more than I make with graduate degrees (in the liberal arts) and people always need these type of trained professionals - they aren't going to want for work (well, at least not the mechanics, electrical, plumbers, and HVAC). Plus, the Duggar kids could provide these services to the other households in the family and cut an expense for several households. 

My husband is a nurse and my mom always says it's so good to have a nurse in the family to ask him about medical advice. We always joke it would only be better if we had a medical doctor in the family. But in reality, it would be really great to have a mechanic, HVAC guy/gal, electrician, or plumber in the family! If my kids picked any of those careers, I'd be stoked!

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

My husband is a nurse and my mom always says it's so good to have a nurse in the family to ask him about medical advice. We always joke it would only be better if we had a medical doctor in the family. But in reality, it would be really great to have a mechanic, HVAC guy/gal, electrician, or plumber in the family! If my kids picked any of those careers, I'd be stoked!

I married my mechanic! Luckily he is also my soulmate (31 years married in June!) Plus he's pretty cute, too ...

• Love 21
On 2/24/2018 at 10:29 PM, Barb23 said:

A few years ago my son and my nephew were laid off from three or four jobs in row (because of outsourcing to other countries, and no fault of their own.)

They were sick and tired of the uncertainty.  They both decided to get trained in a job that couldn't be outsourced to another country.

My son went to a trade school for auto mechanics for a year, and my nephew went to a school to become a nurse.  They both have good jobs now, both of which have to be done in this country. 

The Duggars should have let some of those kids do the same.

• Love 18
30 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

A few years ago my son and my nephew were laid off from three or four jobs in row (because of outsourcing to other countries, and no fault of their own.)

They were sick and tired of the uncertainty.  They both decided to get trained in a job that couldn't be outsourced to another country.

My son went to a trade school for auto mechanics for a year, and my nephew went to a school to become a nurse.  They both have good jobs now, both of which have to be done in this country. 

The Duggars should have let some of those kids do the same.

The only way the kids could go to trade school was if JB thought it could benefit him and the family name. The kids probably would only be allowed to work for people who share the same belief system they do. Plus the fact trade school requires being on time, doing some type of school work/training (and no I do not mean the type of homeschooling the kids have had,) and *gasp* being around heathen women who may tempt them. I myself do not see anything wrong with being a mechanic, plumber, electrician and other type jobs. I thought about going back to school to be a nurse after my husband was diagnosed, but the thought of giving someone a shot or seeing a person losing a lot of blood gives me the creeps. I almost passed out or got sick to my stomach  a few times when they were hooking my husband up to the dialysis machine. Yes, I am a wimp when it comes to blood tests, iv's, and medical procedures.

Edited by bigskygirl
56 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The only way the kids could go to trade school was if JB thought it could benefit him and the family name. The kids probably would only be allowed to work for people who share the same belief system they do. Plus the fact trade school requires being on time, doing some type of school work/training (and no I do not mean the type of homeschooling the kids have had,) and *gasp* being around heathen women who may tempt them. I myself do not see anything wrong with being a mechanic, plumber, electrician and other type jobs. I thought about going back to school to be a nurse after my husband was diagnosed, but the thought of giving someone a shot or seeing a person losing a lot of blood gives me the creeps. I almost passed out or got sick to my stomach  a few times when they were hooking my husband up to the dialysis machine. Yes, I am a wimp when it comes to blood tests, iv's, and medical procedures.

Jim Bob could have had an empire of small businesses that enriched his income.  Set up one son with the car lot, another the tow truck, and another as a licensed mechanic.  All the businesses would feed into each other.  Then train one son as a plumber, another with HVAC, and another with a landscape company.  JB could take his cut and the whole family could be out working and spreading the Gospel.  They could have a "believer" discount and charge the heathens extra.  I'm sure that they could also figure out the accountability partners for each son as well.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jim Bob could have had an empire of small businesses that enriched his income.  Set up one son with the car lot, another the tow truck, and another as a licensed mechanic.  All the businesses would feed into each other.  Then train one son as a plumber, another with HVAC, and another with a landscape company.  JB could take his cut and the whole family could be out working and spreading the Gospel.  They could have a "believer" discount and charge the heathens extra.  I'm sure that they could also figure out the accountability partners for each son as well.

Ha! Don't give JB any ideas. They could travel around the country doing work in the stink bus.

7 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Boob's ego can't handle a son/in-law being more successful than he is.  Becoming self-employed right off the bat could present a challenge, so they would need to work for someone else--yet another no-no. I think Boob & Michelle are in for a rude awakening as they age.  Their little blessings are going to be too busy with their own families, and they are going to take a back seat to their own grandchildren.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Plus have one get a contractor's license and they could be buying and flipping houses, or buying and fixing them up for the newly married couples in the family.   Have one of the kids - boy or girl taking culinary training to not only fix healthier meals for the entire clan but at this point - she or he would probably have sold like a dozen different cookbooks - perfect meals for Easter or Christmas, etc, etc - their fundy following would have bought them in droves.  As well as preparing real food for their and their friends weddings.  Heck I even know a cake maker/decorator that works out of her home and does amazing business.  Waaayy to many missed opportunites there Boob

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Boob's ego can't handle a son/in-law being more successful than he is.  Becoming self-employed right off the bat could present a challenge, so they would need to work for someone else--yet another no-no. I think Boob & Michelle are in for a rude awakening as they age.  Their little blessings are going to be too busy with their own families, and they are going to take a back seat to their own grandchildren.

You are spot on with your analysis. I think Jimboob's ego would never stand for even the chance that one of the kids would be successful in their own right. So not only were these kids isolated and undereducated, they were set up to fail! It's so sad.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Because the Duggar's are afraid of outside influences. One might think they'd loosen up a bit like most parents do with younger kids but, in JB's & M's minds, Josh has proved their theory to be correct. 

The Bates parents have loosened the patriarchal strings a bit and so far the worst thing that has happened is Alyssa wears pants.

• Love 6

I recently watched the episode where Josiah has his huge graduation party and when the producers asked him what was next he said he wanted to take some college courses to prepare for whatever else was out there for him. He was sent to Alert shortly after and then courted Marjorie until May 2015 (?). What the heck has he been doing for the last 2.5 years? I feel so bad for him he's the only one that ever spoke of higher education and Marje's dad was about to take him under his wing until Joshley screwed everything up. 

• Love 9

With her outfit and side pony Kendra looks like a happy teen having a good time with her first boyfriend- WAIT that’s what she is!!! She is a teen girl! I do think Joe cares about her, and I think they have a natural ease and chemistry but they are so damn young to be parents.

There appears to be a decent gap between Caldwell kids 2 and 3 or perhaps there isn’t and Kendra’s eldest brother just hasn’t hit his growth spurt yet. I noticed because all the little ones are stair steps. 

• Love 2