Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

It's weird.  Kendra looks just like her mom but with about half the face length.  It looks like some of the boys have the same kind of chin.  It must come from a grandparent. Kendra will probably be a knockout in her early 30's once her face starts dropping just a bit.

• Love 2

Interesting. I see some similarity with her mother when she was younger, but to me Kendra doesn't look strikingly like either of her parents. It looks like she has a sister close to her age – how old is she?   I wonder if she will be sad when Kendra leaves home to get married. 

I just can't get over how Young her dad looks!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, toodles said:

Claires, Gap, Old Navy, Ulta etc.  This is looks more like a gift registry for a sweet 16 party than a wedding registry. 

I guess the linen closets and kitchen cupboards and toolsheds at  the TTH are currently stuffed to overflowing with the grift from the last four weddings. So now it's time to take a little break from that and start filling up Kendra's room and the Lost Girls' communal closet?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

At least they posted a registry for charity although their personal registry has more items purchased on it than the charity one

Also to their credit -- they don't have the mega-pricey stuff that was all over Jill's and Jessa's registries.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

At least they posted a registry for charity although their personal registry has more items purchased on it than the charity one

They did? I haven't seen it. A refreshing change for these people.

5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

the registry almost says that Hannie made it for them without their input.  Or Austin already has everything he thinks they need to start out married life.

You mean Joe? Austin just pimped out the registry to fans. 

• Love 2

Who is the kid in profile over Kendra's shoulder in the newer pic? Seems odd to gather everyone together for a formal-looking picture like that and not frame the shot such that other random people don't litter up the background.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

I guess the hope that the Caldwells might have better taste than the Duggars is dashed when you see that unfortunate dress on the little girl.  

And the obligatory leggings.  

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

I guess the hope that the Caldwells might have better taste than the Duggars is dashed when you see that unfortunate dress on the little girl.  

You don't like the GIANT red off-center bow???

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Lunera said:

20170714_082407.thumb.jpg.7106085ee34dab5139abb05069db94cd.jpgCALDWELLS_Paul__Christina.jpg.12b0445db08dee8c50ce77efc4c1d12f.jpg

Recent and old photo of the Caldwell family. Looks like mama Caldwell bleaches her hair and Kendra got her big teeth from her mother and chubby cheeks from her father.

What's going on with that poor little boy's hairline??

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Latenites said:

What's going on with that poor little boy's hairline??

Whatever it is, it was happening when he was a toddler, too. That buzz cut is not doing him any favors. If anyone needed to have some hair, that little guy does.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

How old are Kendra's parents?

*In my head I refer to Kendra as a poor man's Whitney Bates.

38 and 39 this year. Don't know, or care to know, their birthdays. Kendra was a nice little honeymoon surprise. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

38 and 39 this year. Don't know, or care to know, their birthdays. Kendra was a nice little honeymoon surprise. 

Jesus Christ on the front door. I'm old enough for Kendra to be my daughter. 

/applies gobs of anti-aging cream to my face. 

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

13 hours ago, momofsquid said:

The little girl's dress reminds me of the wallpaper in Disney's Haunted Mansion.

She would fit right in with the Rodrigui clan.

• Love 10

I'd like to know why these families seem to go out of their way to find that absolute most ugly dresses for their daughters to wear, Duggars included? Most of the time, the 4 little Duggar girls seem to look like they have dressed out of the Salvation Army rejection bin. This little girl is resigned to the same fate.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

This, Barb!  Been trying to figure out why it bugged me so much and that's it. 

26 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I'd like to know why these families seem to go out of their way to find that absolute most ugly dresses for their daughters to wear, Duggars included? Most of the time, the 4 little Duggar girls seem to look like they have dressed out of the Salvation Army rejection bin. This little girl is resigned to the same fate.

I think it really stands out with this poor child when you can see how much care the parents put into their own appearance. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Hand-me-downs. It's not unusual for church people to give their outgrown clothes to preachers, people with big families, or people with kids who are struggling financially. The Duggars probably still get their little kid clothes at second-hand stores, especially for the girls because most people's daughters don't live in dresses, so they're in better shape than jeans.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Who is the kid in profile over Kendra's shoulder in the newer pic? Seems odd to gather everyone together for a formal-looking picture like that and not frame the shot such that other random people don't litter up the background.

Yep, but I suppose they knew they were taking it right by the door of some kind of public building -- a church, I suppose (there's a wee glimpse of an Exit sign over the door at the far left)-- so there wasn't a lot of opportunity to stop others from walking by.

I wonder whether the picture wasn't the idea of the picture taker, not the family, and that person just posed them where everybody was standing in the first place. I think that someone else probably wanted the photo and the Caldwells didn't intend it as a formal family portrait -- it just turned to kind of be that way ..... Except for the guy who just came in the door, of course.

(edited)
On 7/14/2017 at 4:42 PM, latetotheparty said:

Perhaps they've let her choose her own clothes? I know my girls made some decidedly odd choices, given the opportunity. 

Edited by Genevrier
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

Flamboyantly modest strikes again.

That dress wouldn't be half as bad if she ditched the leggings and put on some normal little girl slippers or Mary Janes. Still bad, but less bad.

Also, they dress out of the Goodwill bin, so not too far off from the Salvation army rejection bin. I doubt Michelle wastes time shopping now. Just pull out something that was already second hand when the big girls were five, and toss some leggings under it. Good to go. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:13 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Kendra is the oldest of 7. Her parents are in their late 30's, and she has toddler siblings. There could be a few more coming from the senior Caldwells while Kendra pops out her first few. The mother/daughter thing irrationally squicks me out. 

In the past  this may have been common without birth control. Now a days it squicks me out too.  I have a friend this happened to.  She was stuck being mini mom to the middle aged parent's  oopies "blessing". Not as bad as a Duggar girl, but it still sucked for her.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 4

My mother was the oldest child of my grandfather's, who was the oldest of 10 children. Make sense? When my grandfather's youngest brother was born, my mother was 2. The next in line was the same age as my father. so I guess if you have it in your family, it's not quite as squicky, lol.

• Love 4
On 15/07/2017 at 7:30 PM, Barb23 said:

Jill Rodrigues took that photo. I'm not 100 percent sure that little girl isn't hers. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Jill Rodrigues took that photo. I'm not 100 percent sure that little girl isn't hers. 

Couldn't possibly be. She has a somewhat natural smile on her face. The "smiles" on the faces of the Rodrigui, on the other hand. Argh.

On the other hand, I suppose it could be a Rodrigues kid momentarily hoping she'll be adopted out.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

That kid can't be a Rodriguez, she looks too well-fed. The Rodriguii have the wan, hungry look of famine victims.

• Love 10

I saw the ages once a little while ago. I think she's closer in age to Kendra than that. I think she's currently 17 but don't recall her birthday. Remember, Kendra turns 19 in about a month. Actually, exactly one month from now.

• Love 1
On 7/15/2017 at 0:05 PM, Genevrier said:

Perhaps they've let her choose her own clothes? I know my girls made some decidedly odd choices, given the opportunity. 

I would believe this, since it kind of reminds me of Pippi Longstocking crossed with Holly Hobbie.

• Love 5