Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Well, since they weren’t going to be making coin off Sammy’s birth, they’re not saying anything.  Maybe there’s footage “in the can”, but if the show is up for cancellation, we won’t get to see anything unless it’s renewed.

Oh yeah. True. That’s why, I’m sure!

i had my 3 at home and it was the most amazing, hard, incredible thing I’ve ever done. That said, the point is that women should choose what is most appropriate and safe for their own individual situation, not one size fits all in either end of the extremes. 

• Love 8

Funny how in that photo, there's an arrow on the wall pointing right at Austin's head.  As a hunter, he'd probably appreciate being targeted so accurately for a sure kill shot.  *LOL*

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Caracoa1 said:

If Jill did end up having a hysterectomy I hope she is grateful for her own life and that of her 2 blessings.  Would Boob consider this a failure on Jill's part or would they consider it as God's Will?   

Who knows?  I’m sure Jill would be made to feel like she wasn’t right with God in some way.  Gothardism always has a provision for blaming the woman for SOMETHING.  Jill is probably very upset if this really is the end of her childbearing.  She was the Duggarest Duggar offspring who followed all the rules and was Daddy’s favorite.

Before modern medicine, Silly Jilly would have died in childbirth.  Back in the day, there was no way to prevent pregnancy, either.   Two complicated deliveries, here’s your sign.  Be thankful for the family you have and don’t temp fate again, Silly Jilly. 

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I posted this here because Joy's bump, but gah, Famy always has to make it about her. 

FB_IMG_1511804784058.jpg

She doesn't look nearly as big here as in the photo with Austen. My guess is her shitty posture makes her look bigger at times. Maybe cousin Famy said, "Hey, dumbass, stand up straight so people don't think you were a harlot like me." 

Joy looks about fourteen in this photo. I'm so sad for her even though she never knew any different. 

• Love 16

eta: I just realized that this is from Joe's wedding. The color of the bridesmaid dress came to mind. So no, not a recent depiction of The Bump, but it's too late to delete now.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

Okay, it is from Joe's wedding not Joy's...so Cousin A can definitely wear this again at Christmas.

Joy's rack did look smaller in the picture above than when she is wearing skin tight t shirts but that could have been the way the thicker material of the dress covers them instead of making them look like they are shrink wrapped in clingy flimsy t shirt cotton.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, Temperance said:

Anna would hardly be the only woman the Duggars know who has homebirths. There have always been fundies who do homebirths. And right now homebirths are a growing trend. Many women they might know from a church or from various gathering etc. might be having them. Jill probably went to quite a few homebirths while training to be a midwife. 

One of my friends is college-educated and was talking about having a homebirth. She has better prenatal care, but it still makes me nervous. Her family seems normal, but is kind of fundie-lite and reminds of the Duggars. One of her friends is doula who likes the idea of a homebirth as well, but so far neither of these ladies have done it.  The doula has been at several homebirths, and actually talked about one where the woman had really fast labor (the point seemed to be encouraging others to have homebirths). 

Joy will probably have a homebirth if she can. 

The people I know who had homebirths are super-educated hippy/mother earth types.

• Love 8
On 11/26/2017 at 0:54 PM, Caracoa1 said:

If Jill did end up having a hysterectomy I hope she is grateful for her own life and that of her 2 blessings.  Would Boob consider this a failure on Jill's part or would they consider it as God's Will?   

It is exceedingly unlikely that Jill had a hysterectomy. Very few women suffer childbirth complications that require a hysterectomy, and as far as I know Jill has no risk factors for those complications them except a history of Caesarian delivery. She was a huge moron to attempt a VBAC at home without any qualified medical help, and an even huger moron for waiting 2 days to go to the hospital, but honestly, most of the risks associated with those decisions were risks to Samuel, not Jill. She may be an idiot, but i’m willing to bet she’s an idiot who still has her uterus. 

• Love 15
Just now, mynextmistake said:

It is exceedingly unlikely that Jill had a hysterectomy. Very few women suffer childbirth complications that require a hysterectomy, and as far as I know Jill has no risk factors for those complications them except a history of Caesarian delivery. She was a huge moron to attempt a VBAC at home without any qualified medical help, and an even huger moron for waiting 2 days to go to the hospital, but honestly, most of the risks associated with those decisions were risks to Samuel, not Jill. She may be an idiot, but i’m willing to bet she’s an idiot who still has her uterus. 

Only time will tell if she had a hysterectomy.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ariel said:

Only time will tell if she had a hysterectomy.

Nah. Even if Jill never has another blessing, it would be impossible to say that she stopped at two kids because of a hysterectomy rather than some other reason. I think only Jill will tell if she had a hysterectomy. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Nah. Even if Jill never has another blessing, it would be impossible to say that she stopped at two kids because of a hysterectomy rather than some other reason. I think only Jill will tell if she had a hysterectomy. 

Derick will blame Satan or feminists or gays.

• Love 2

Michelle has given up the Green Blouse for a Jean Jacket. 

I predict in the first show of the season a scene of Jill using her medical thingy to hear the heartbeat of Joy's baby. Another scene where Jessa alludes to twins. And another scene where Austin is rubbing Joy's swollen feet.

I predict a special announcement by Joe & Kendra followed by Jessa posting a slew of new pictures.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Michelle has given up the Green Blouse for a Jean Jacket. 

I predict in the first show of the season a scene of Jill using her medical thingy to hear the heartbeat of Joy's baby. Another scene where Jessa alludes to twins. And another scene where Austin is rubbing Joy's swollen feet.

I predict a special announcement by Joe & Kendra followed by Jessa posting a slew of new pictures.

Yes but I would edit to say "joy's filthy swollen feet". 

• Love 15

So I just saw a Star magazine at the checkout counter today. One of the headlines is about the alleged shotgun wedding of Joy and Austen. I tried to read the entire article before my turn with the cashier but was unsuccessful, and unwilling to actually buy the Star. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

So I just saw a Star magazine at the checkout counter today. One of the headlines is about the alleged shotgun wedding of Joy and Austen. I tried to read the entire article before my turn with the cashier but was unsuccessful, and unwilling to actually buy the Star. 

Would it be against the rules of the board to post a photo of the article?  I get Star, and I should have the issue.

• Love 1

I've been reading that it was a shotgun wedding too.  I just wonder why Joy and Austen haven't seemed to respond.  I mean, don't the tabloids call the person and let them know they are running the story and ask if they want to respond to it?  And even if they didn't, why wouldn't Joy and Austen issue a statement denying the story?  Have they done that on social media yet?  I wasn't aware of it.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Or laugh when the child is two weeks overdue.

Yeah, she's not playing this as though she's trying to cover up a full term baby born early. She's showing off her pregnancy belly, which surely she knows is large. She is also guessing she'll deliver after her due date. 

• Love 9

Nothing about them would surprise me - and I could see Joy being led astray with some kind of twisted logic she isn't clever enough to sort out - but - Austin seems so formal and (I was going to say stiff or rigid, but, that doesn't sound right in this circumstance, haha) a rule player that he must have to have been so overcome by those dirty feet that he couldn't "contain himself" if the rumor of a shotgun baby is true.   Oh well, off to prayer closet.  I have a fresh bottle of Vodka.

• Love 15

I don’t think it’s a true shotgun wedding either.  Most of the tabloids are still acting like the October date on the wedding registry was firm in stone when everyone knew that was a placeholder date.

The jury is still out for me if they started having sex during the engagement though.  They were so in your face sexual during that Q&A that it seemed to me that they had been together longer then 22 days.  They just had a comfort with each other that would be hard to achieve that quickly.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've been reading that it was a shotgun wedding too.  I just wonder why Joy and Austen haven't seemed to respond.  I mean, don't the tabloids call the person and let them know they are running the story and ask if they want to respond to it?  And even if they didn't, why wouldn't Joy and Austen issue a statement denying the story?  Have they done that on social media yet?  I wasn't aware of it.  

No they haven't issued a statement yet. I have also wondered about that. I now think that there is no new courtship for the new season of counting on and they are encouraging speculation to drive interest in the family. I have noticed the speculation is running rampant and they are selling to story to a lot of people who may not care about the family too much.  There seems to be more press and interest  for this than for anything else during the last year. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Nothing about them would surprise me - and I could see Joy being led astray with some kind of twisted logic she isn't clever enough to sort out - but - Austin seems so formal and (I was going to say stiff or rigid, but, that doesn't sound right in this circumstance, haha) a rule player that he must have to have been so overcome by those dirty feet that he couldn't "contain himself" if the rumor of a shotgun baby is true.   Oh well, off to prayer closet.  I have a fresh bottle of Vodka.

I always think of Austin's part in this too. While he seems like true fundie follower, maybe he's really like sneaky Smuggar...

• Love 5

It occurred to me the othe night the only difference between Joy and the teen moms-to-be on “Unexpected” is that she’s married to her first true love who she lost her virginity to and knocked her up. 

And if things go bad between them they’re stuck because divorce is of the devil. 

• Love 8

I don't think she was knocked up before the wedding, either. The only sign that she might be (to me) was that Anna said something about not particularly liking Austin because of his "values" or something like that. Maybe someone else remembers better.

Oh, and I should say that I simply can't care if she was. They are both so boring that I can hardly remember who they are . . .

Edited by cmr2014
One more thing
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Anna said something about not particularly liking Austin because of his "values" or something like that.

Anna has a hell of a nerve criticizing someone else's "values". 

Spoiler

• Love 11
On 11/27/2017 at 9:26 PM, LilJen said:

The people I know who had homebirths are super-educated hippy/mother earth types.

My stepmom had my youngest sister at home in 1978. But it was her fourth baby and the other three were easy deliveries. (She is kind of the earth mother type.) But after that no one I knew had a home birth until around 2005 or so. Then I started hearing about a lot of them, including my two youngest nephews on my husband’s side (both parents are doctors). I would say the circles in which I travel have approximately zero overlap with the Duggar-people, so it is maybe not just a fundy thing. But people I know get proper pre-natal care, which I am doubtful about in Joy’s case.

And I still say it’s twins. ?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think she was knocked up before the wedding, either. The only sign that she might be (to me) was that Anna said something about not particularly liking Austin because of his "values" or something like that. Maybe someone else remembers better.

Oh, and I should say that I simply can't care if she was. They are both so boring that I can hardly remember who they are . . .

Wasn't  that a clickbait article with the usual "source say"  .

• Love 2
2 hours ago, awaken said:

I love the box on the bottom right with the Dullards:  “mission not accomplished “. Sounds like it would be a great tag line for their family!

Hee! Now I keep imaging the various Duggar's doing taglines like the women on the Real Housewives do during the intro.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Didn't click on the article (yet) but I have to say; if we're evaluating just by the headline putting "arrogant/immature/lacks character" and "Austin" together is:   Right. On. Target.    There's something about his smarmy smile that just makes you want to automatically hate him.

• Love 4

I still think they were pregnant or at least fooling around before the wedding. Austin seems to have strong views on some topics,  but his dad is on his second marriage and his parents only have two kids together. He also seems like the type who would like to break a rule now and then since he's usually so uptight. I think he fully buys into the whole headship / helpmeet thing, and the dress code, but I could see him thinking experimenting with his fiancé was no big deal. They could easily have been left alone on occasion while working on those houses, especially because he seems so rule-abiding. I also agree with the people who said at the time that Joy was soooo worried about looking thin in her dress. Girlfriend is mostly past her chubby days, and I could definitely see her worrying she would be showing!

I'm also 100% sure Jeremy and Jinger kissed before their wedding, but I doubt it went further than that. She would not have felt comfortable grabbing and kissing him halfway up the aisle if not!

jill, Jessa, Joseph...100% virgins on their wedding day. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 7
On 11/24/2017 at 0:02 PM, bigskygirl said:

I see and respect your point of view. JB and Michelle do need to take some of the responsibility for what happened. My thoughts go along to the fact I think Josh would have turn out to be a child molester/major creep who treats women like crap even if he had a semi-normal childhood. Of course, JB and Michelle had an okay childhood and look how they turned out. A part of me feels bad for Josh, but a major part of me wants to slap the crap out of him until I get some major hand cramps.

I feel there is plenty of blame to go around for Josh's actions as a child. He really had no chance to turn out well-adjusted. Whatever his natural predeliction, it was fostered, magnified, and enabled by this culture and these parents. When kids show these impulses in well-adjusted families, they are appropriately treated and taken seriously. Their effects are minimized. (Potential) offenders and victims are supported and treated. Allllll of that failure is on the culture and parents. 

However, once Josh was an adult, he's responsible for his own healing and growth. There is an age where everyone has to stop blaming their parents. Surely that age is before having 5 children of one's own. Once Josh's problems and urges continued to manifest in adulthood, and post-marrriage, and post-fatherhood, every failure is 100% on him. 

Topic? Uhhhh, Joy is going to go on like her family always does and not address the controversy. Something else will come up and take focus eventually. 

• Love 15

The Duggers never address things in the media unless they go "on the record" with PEOPLE magazine or some legit TV shows, like GMA.  Because then they are getting PAID.  No money, no talky.  And they really don't need to say anything, because who would believe them anyway except the leg-humpers?  

4 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

Topic? Uhhhh, Joy is going to go on like her family always does and not address the controversy. Something else will come up and take focus eventually. 

Exactly.  Joe & Kendra will probably announce her pregnancy and Josiah will announce another "courtship" while Joy's baby is crowning, so folks will be adequately distracted from the timing. 

Actually, Joy always struck me as the one LEAST likely to even be curious about sex, much less try it before it was sanctioned, so I don't think they prematurely did the dance with no pants.     

• Love 12

My daughter is due in February and she is HUGE. We learned today that the baby weighs almost 4 pounds already. Joy seems to be quite small so she looks all belly. I doubt that she was pregnant when they married and if she was, or the baby comes early, all they have to do is hold off posting pics until February. Only the people that see her in real life would know.

• Love 2