Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Lunera said:

...Sigh...

The colors are similar to Jill's wedding. I bet Jim Bob and Michelle recycled their tin man outfits from that wedding.

Screenshot_20170526-201329-360x640.png

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, McManda said:

I don't get the lamenting about "finally being husband and wife". It's not like they had any obstacles in their way or were engaged for an eternity. They courted for what, four months and then were engaged three?

Yes but time goes by slowly when you're thinking about sex every second of every minute of every day.

• Love 9

They did a pretty decent photoshop job on that official portrait, because in the video Joy looks sloppy as hell. I get that she's not a girly girl, but you can look clean and polished without resorting to Kardashian levels of spackle. I agree she looked like she rolled out of bed, slapped on an ill-fitting dress and walked down the aisle. I can't wait to see how bad the bridesmaids' gowns were.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, this-one-is-mine said:

Yes but time goes by slowly when you're thinking about sex every second of every minute of every day.

Ah, right. That slipped my mind. Normal people, even if they're waiting until they're married for whatever reason for sex, still show kissing.

Not gonna lie, I can't really imagine getting married, having a first kiss ever (in front of friends and family unless you pull a Jessa), and losing my virginity in the span of maybe twelve hours.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, SnarkyShark said:

Of course the honeymoon stage doesn't last forever, but it can last longer than you would expect. When my mother's mother (my grandma) remarried, she and her husband (who helped raised my mom from that point on) were in the honeymoon stage for over ten years according to my mom, who says it was actually rather annoying. Apparently you would be in a room with them and they would just be staring at each other, infatuated, even after a couple years. Grandma and Grandpa definitely had a special connection:)

Oh, that is absolutely adorable! I love hearing stories like that. "Hearing" being the operative word. I would have pulled my hair out in annoyance if I had to live them. :D

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

They did a pretty decent photoshop job on that official portrait, because in the video Joy looks sloppy as hell. I get that she's not a girly girl, but you can look clean and polished without resorting to Kardashian levels of spackle. I agree she looked like she rolled out of bed, slapped on an ill-fitting dress and walked down the aisle. I can't wait to see how bad the bridesmaids' gowns were.

The photo is actually really flattering to the point that it's barely recognizable. Not that Joy is a bad-looking girl; she's quite pretty, and though  to my eye all that pre-wedding weight loss was not really a good look for her overall, I do think that it made her more photogenic in the way that semi-emaciated models photograph better than healthy, robust forms and faces. And whoever the photographer was either found or lucked into an angle which really worked for that slight under-bite that she seems to have. Even the hair seems to work. But unless I see more equally flattering photos of the day, I'm going to go with the assumption that this photo is either very skillful or a lucky fluke..

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, McManda said:

Ah, right. That slipped my mind. Normal people, even if they're waiting until they're married for whatever reason for sex, still show kissing.

Not gonna lie, I can't really imagine getting married, having a first kiss ever (in front of friends and family unless you pull a Jessa), and losing my virginity in the span of maybe twelve hours.

I think it's more like a span of 3 hours.... they don't hang around for real receptions.   There's sex to be had!!!

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Catfin said:

Poor Joy. Not even a glass of champagne or six to take the edge off. No dancing until the wee hours, no best man hijinks. 

But...but...but they had sweet, surreal and blessed fellowship with their people. Yee haw

• Love 3

Meh. There's just nothing noteworthy about this whole thing. Another day, another wedding, another baby. 

It is a flattering picture that hides the underbite and large tongue. Austin still looks simian to me. 

• Love 10

My guess is that Jinger had her make-up professionally done.  

What depressed me is People already had a story tagged with the word Babies (one of their regular sections) about them.  It quoted her as saying "I can't wait to be a mom."  She sounds just like the sister who was her buddy Jill.  I don't remember either Jessa or Jinger saying that to that effect when they got married. (I don't think the blind item was true however.) 

The Mrs. Austin Forsyth thing doesn't surprise me.  I've seen other conservative young women do it. 

Nineteen seems really young to me. Twenty-three not so much. 

7 hours ago, McManda said:

I don't know how they could do that either.  It sounds too much like meeting someone for the first time for a one-night stand.  

And on their first kiss:  It's a pity that they are denied all of the romance, passion and spontaneity of a real first kiss.  Their first kiss was a theatrical performance in front of an audience − including their parents and siblings − and was a staged, choreographed act without rehearsal, and done on cue.

Someday, if Headship Austin ever allows Joy to watch movies, she will discover what she missed when she skipped a 'season of life.'

0 0 1 Kiss.jpg

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That "property of the Duggar Family. Use with permission" caption across the photo pretty much sums up Joy's life. 

Written permission, probably in crayon,  and full of spelling errors. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That "property of the Duggar Family. Use with permission" caption across the photo pretty much sums up Joy's life. 

It also sums up Austin's new role in life:  property of the Duggar Family.

The Joy/Austin story went way too fast for anyone to build up must excitement for the couple.

Without much suspense, I'm waiting for the wedding videos.

1.  Which child did Josh choose to cover his face with?

2.  What refreshments did crazy-eyes-Sierra concoct this time?

3.  Did Michelle find another ugly dress to wear?

4.  What shoes were the bridesmaids wearing?

5.  Did Joy and Austin get the sleeping bags and tents they asked for on their gift registry so they can go on their honeymoon?  (Why did they need two tents???)

6.  Were Amy and her husband what's-his-name allowed to attend?

For the thrilling answers, stay tuned.

• Love 14
(edited)

More and more it feels like Jinger made a real break for it and while may not fully be in the "real world", it's real world adjacent. She appears to be enjoying a life with considerably more freedom and with better taste and life experience.

Joy may wind up experiencing even less than Jill or Jessa because Austin and Family are knee deep in the same whacked out mentality with NO fresh perspectives (although he appears to have a work ethic) .  Bin at least continued some form of education (how many thought that would happen?) and then the Dillards left for DA with their "Heart for Ministry" and while she appears to hate every minute of it, she at least is living a completely different experience off the compound....

This whole wedding looks like retread of the Dullard wedding. Heck, it looks like they just photoshopped Joy's and Austin's face over Jill and Dreck and called it good...its such a shame.

And now Hannie has been moved up from the farm team and called out of the bullpen to aide Jana I'm sure.

Edited by asuwur
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

...Sigh...

I like the way it says "Property of the Duggar Family" right on top of Joy. That's a message to you, too, Austin. She's Jim Bob's property. And you are ... Jim Bob's bitch, probably. You just may not know it yet.

• Love 9

The other story on the Duggarfam Twitter,  who gets engaged at their sisters wedding?  Nobody who is not a Duggar.  Your sister's wedding is not the place to make it all about you, Joe!  Sorry don't know to link from Twitter.

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Here's the thing. Joy doesn't look special. Jinger looked like she understood it was a day to make yourself look more special than other days. Joy looks like she rolled out of bed, pulled on a dress, walked down the aisle and is now schlumping on a couch.

I think Joy's just naturally schlumpfie. I remember footage of Jingle's wedding where Joy was schlumping in the bridesmaid's dress and she looked way more schlumpfie than anybody else. I'm not a fan at all of weddings or ceremonies of any kind, really, but when you're participating in a wedding, I feel as if everybody, even me, sort of perks up a little bit and walks straighter and such. Not Joy. It's just another day at the TTH couches to her, looks like.

Same as that interview she and Austin did a while ago where they were supposed to be waxing poetic about their love but, as someone brilliantly posted, Joy's whole demeanor said "When do we eat around here?"

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That was a really quick article!

“We are going to be traveling for our Honeymoon for awhile.”

Of course you are.

TLC will be sending them to some place no Duggar's ever gone for a honeymoon-they-weren't-interested-in before, so I'm thinking Easter Island or Antarctica.

Plus, they'll have to go someplace else first, before the TLC unwanted trip abroad, so they can get the honeymoon out of their systems before the filming starts.

Or maybe Joy's actually so "meh" about the whole damn thing that when she heard it'd be three weeks until they'd be back to the TTH from their honeymoon that it seemed like a century to her. Wouldn't actually surprise me.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I wonder which sister put her bouquet together.  It's really ugly and is clearly just a bunch of stems thrown together.

Don't know how you can say that. Remember how the Duggar girls spend 45 minutes at a florist that one time and emerged as professional floral arrangers? The bouquet must be some avant garde trendsetting look that they mastered during their education there.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

There was a quote comparing the new Dirty Dancing vs the original that would totally stand up to Joy and Austin compared to Jinge and Baaaaaabe...it went something like... 

"Grey and Swayze (Jinger and Jeremy) showed the world their Hungry Eyes. The eyes here say "Eh, I guess I could eat a snack..."

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I wonder which sister put her bouquet together.  It's really ugly and is clearly just a bunch of stems thrown together.

aww...I like the randomness of the bouquet.  Joy's dress matches.  ;-)

• Love 1

well, since it is done, i will wish her (them) much happiness and wonderful new life experiences (not referring to the obvious here). i hope her new life makes her happy and brings her fulfillment that she would have never known at home. 

• Love 13

I like the flowers. Neither one looks all that happy in the pic, but in the video she has that "state adoringly only at husband" look down. At least the other 3 I could see some sort of lust between them. All I see with them is a clueless girl and horny boy. She looks like she'd been crying before the video 

• Love 3

Isn't it funny we couldn't wait to get the details of the other girl's weddings but not so much with this couple? I agree they just don't have the "being in love" connection other couples have.  The ear to ear smiles with twinkles in their eyes. 

I'm hoping JB didn't break with tradition & am predicting he wore his silver gray Wedding Suit (originally worn at Jerick's wedding) with an orange shirt. I'm pretty sure he already has an orange shirt so no need to have to buy anything new. I'm going with orange for MEchelle's dress too since orange seems to be the wedding color.  He wore the suit with a blue shirt for Jessa's wedding & purple shirt for Jinge's with MEchelle wearing matching dresses. If not the silver suit, maybe the hideous dark one he wore at Jinge's rehearsal dinner. JB, don't let me down....

• Love 1

"officially a married woman"

I've always found it interesting when articles choose to call 18 and 19 year olds "teenager" vs "adult/man/woman". Always depends on what spin they want to give, I guess. "officially married teenager with the maturity of a 10 year old" may be more accurate.

Joy Anna was always my favorite because as a fellow tomboy I sympathized with her being shoved in to the girly mold of the Gothard Stepford Wife. But now that video just makes me so sad how much she has drank the Kool Aid. She sounded like a pod person.

And she looks exactly like Jessa, and I thought was giving off some Jessa-like smugness as well. What a shame.

• Love 7

1.  Which child did Josh choose to cover his face with?

Massively pregnant Anna, standing on a stool, in profile, belly blocking his face.

(Why did they need two tents???)

For the camera crew, silly.

Is that green neon lump in the video the Kellars?

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Are you sure the reception lasted until 5:00 am and not just that the video was posted then?

The guests really dressed down for that reception, didn't they?  Strangely, I don't see many Duggars there and that is their home.  Well, I'm sure the guests all bellied up to the bar for a shot of Duggar Kool-Aid, but there doesn't appear to be much to eat.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Are you sure the reception lasted until 5:00 am and not just that the video was posted then?

The guests really dressed down for that reception, didn't they?  Strangely, I don't see many Duggars there and that is their home.  Well, I'm sure the guests all bellied up to the bar for a shot of Duggar Kool-Aid, but there doesn't appear to be much to eat.

Well, if the party WAS still going at 5:00 in the morning, I'd doubt that whatever food was there to start with hadn't been eaten by that point. Unless it really was just that horrible. I vote for this video just being posted t that time, though. I don't think that big of a crowd, including all those random littles, would still be there quite that late, and the kids would certainly have fallen asleep in random places by then.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Clearer picture 

joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth1.jpg?w=20

I don't want to rag on the bride and I know we can't see the entire dress in that picture, BUT, since they flew clear across the country to a fancy designer wedding shop, I did expect something more than that.

The dress just looks pretty average to me and not really flattering to Joy. 

• Love 6

The wedding gown reminds me of a communion dress, even the veil.  ( I haven't seen a full length picture yet) Not that it's a bad thing, but it does. I thought Joy would go less formal. Are there pics out of the wedding party?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I don't want to rag on the bride and I know we can't see the entire dress in that picture, BUT, since they flew clear across the country to a fancy designer wedding shop, I did expect something more than that.

The dress just looks pretty average to me and not really flattering to Joy. 

It reminds me of Jinger's dress, particularly the dog earred applique lace.

• Love 1

They shared a dress "designer."  Unfortunately for whatever reason a lot of similarities bled through from one dress to another.  Maybe Joy Anna really liked Jinger's dress better than the dresses her sisters wore.  I think it's a bit overly fussy for Joy, but if she liked it so be it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, asuwur said:

There was a quote comparing the new Dirty Dancing vs the original that would totally stand up to Joy and Austin compared to Jinge and Baaaaaabe...it went something like... 

"Grey and Swayze (Jinger and Jeremy) showed the world their Hungry Eyes. The eyes here say "Eh, I guess I could eat a snack..."

Very true.  I labored through the new DD movie and thought Patrick Swayze was rolling over in his grave, may he rest in peace.  These two look like the remake couple.  No chemistry whatsoever.

• Love 4

The brides and grooms in picture frame insert photos have more chemistry than Austin and Joy. They give off too much of a brother/sister vibe. I guarantee her wedding night was awkward and cringe worthy.

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Clearer picture 

joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth1.jpg?w=20

I can't say I notice any weight loss. 

That's because she lost a noticeable amount of weight in the last month, and she was fitted probably two months ago. The dress looks baggy and didn't look much better in the video. She's always been about hiding her ample rack.

• Love 1