Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Interesting that Austin's residence is Fayetteville and not wherever the Family Camp is, an hour away. It looks like Austin has been living on his own! Will they get a free Boob Special house or will they live in one of Austin's flips? At any rate, it doesn't appear that Joy will be working at the Family Camp after all. Rather, she'll be hanging with Jessa and Jilly Muffin at the TTH....NOT helping Jana with the day to day life of their family. 

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Austin Martyn? So classy. So refined.

Then it's apt that I think Aston Martin when I read this. Maybe that's what his parents were going for? /sarcasm

Edited by McManda
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, McManda said:

Then it's apt that I think Aston Martin when I read this. Maybe that's what his parents were going for? /sarcasm

I think his parents heard it wrong. Austin Martyn (ugh, the y) back in the early 90's? Did his parents really think this was cute, especially given what Christians are taught about money. Sounds like they were aspirational from day one. 

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Interesting that Austin's residence is Fayetteville and not wherever the Family Camp is, an hour away. It looks like Austin has been living on his own! Will they get a free Boob Special house or will they live in one of Austin's flips? At any rate, it doesn't appear that Joy will be working at the Family Camp after all. Rather, she'll be hanging with Jessa and Jilly Muffin at the TTH....NOT helping Jana with the day to day life of their family. 

She will, however, be unleashing new babies into the TTH for Jana to help care for. .... While Meeechelle makes sure that Joy can go get a pedicure. Or visit a gun shop. 

This is yet another problem Jana gets to face. Since she's not a mother and doesn't even have the chance of being one currently (by their lights, anyway), she's just going to become more and more of a big Cinderella Nothingburger in the eyes of her parents and siblings. And considering that they didn't think much of her to begin with. Yeesh. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

This is yet another problem Jana gets to face. Since she's not a mother and doesn't even have the chance of being one currently (by their lights, anyway), she's just going to become more and more of a big Cinderella Nothingburger in the eyes of her parents and siblings. And considering that they didn't think much of her to begin with. Yeesh. 

It must be horrifying approaching 30 without ever earning a penny on your own. She wouldn't see a dime of any lawsuit money either. Talk about a completely disposable person., used to do Michelle's dirty work then tossed away. I hope she flips and writes the tell all. Really.

• Love 14

Is this 19-year-old kid really getting married? The stupidest thing I ever did was marry at 20, and that was with two years of college and gainful employment under my belt. Thank God we did not have children, and divorced five years later. I got out relatively unscathed, finished my degree, etc. this poor kid has not a chance. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I wonder if any of the wedding dress designers they've consulted with specialize in flannel?  That's what I picture Joy getting married in. 

Though Honey Boo Boo's mom did marry her now ex-husband in a camouflage dress, so that's an option.  Just no disguising the elegance & taste in something like that.  

http://www.glamour.com/story/here-comes-honey-boo-boos-mama

I picture Josie playing the role of Honey Boo Boo in this craptacular show.....

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

My parents got married fairly young too.  She was 20 and he had turned 22 a month earlier.  But it was Xmas 1962, they both graduated college, they were in graduate school (although Mom left to go into a different career track, she still went into a career) and were from a different culture and region than Joy and Austin.  Their wedding was small, in a rabbi's house.  And yes, they are STILL MARRIED TODAY.   They have the benefit of modern therapy, medicine, careers, technology, educations, etc.  These two children will be lucky if they get to catch an episode of Dr. Phil.

• Love 6

I really hope the girls closer in age to Josie (can't recall their names) get the spotlight at the wedding. It was all about Josie at the last wedding.  

30 minutes ago, SMama said:

I really hope the girls closer in age to Josie (can't recall their names)

Jordyn? Didn't she get to be the flower girl at Jessa's wedding? I think she was on Jessa's buddy team. Maybe Jenny will get a special role in this wedding, since she was on Jill's team with Joy, though I guess she's kind of old to be a flower girl. Maybe a bridesmaid?

(edited)

I was surprised the wedding was held on a work day, but remembered none of these people have jobs, so no skin off their nose if it's on Friday or even a Wednesday. I bet everything is a little bit cheaper on a weekday too, fulfilling JB's wet dreams.

See-through sleeves! Is that allowed? More scraggly hair. Meh. I love the tulips. They give off an autumn vibe.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, OpieTaylor said:

I wonder what this means? from the article http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-married/

"...Joy-Anna says ... “We are going to be traveling for our Honeymoon for awhile.”

“A lifetime,” adds Austin."

"Awhile" sounds longer than a couple of weeks, and a couple of weeks is a longer honeymoon than probably most people get to take. Another all-expenses-paid TLC trip to some far-off land? 

I thought it was his garbled way of saying they'll feel like they're in the honeymoon stage for their entire marriage. Which, heh.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, toodles said:

Here is what the People article should say:  In case anyone is interested, another duggar kid got married today.  The bride, what's her name duggar,  married some godly guy. The bride wore white and the groom wore something.   We really didn't care enough to pay much attention, but if you would like more details, find a previous article about another duggar wedding.  Same shit, different day.  The End.

You probably more or less nailed it there.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I thought it was his garbled way of saying they'll feel like they're in the honeymoon stage for their entire marriage. Which, heh.

Of course the honeymoon stage doesn't last forever, but it can last longer than you would expect. When my mother's mother (my grandma) remarried, she and her husband (who helped raised my mom from that point on) were in the honeymoon stage for over ten years according to my mom, who says it was actually rather annoying. Apparently you would be in a room with them and they would just be staring at each other, infatuated, even after a couple years. Grandma and Grandpa definitely had a special connection:)

• Love 7
(edited)

I don't get the lamenting about "finally being husband and wife". It's not like they had any obstacles in their way or were engaged for an eternity. They courted for what, four months and then were engaged three?

I think the standard is most people are engaged longer than Joy and Austin's whole romantic relationship, if for no other reason than unless you get lucky or aren't picky wedding venues book up.

Edited by McManda
questions deserve question marks
  • Love 7
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Absolom said:

It's probably the way she's sitting, but Joy's sleeves look ill-fitting and bunched up (or it's just me being a hater). Also looks like she has almost exactly Jill's wedding hair, which is a kind of a nice touch if on purpose, since she and Jill are so close. It looks scraggly, though (sorry).

Austin's "We're Mr. and Mrs. Austin Forsythe" kind of says it all. Ugh. Although at least Joy can ditch her awful maiden name and get a new one that is pretty cool sounding. Reminds me of 1980s nighttime soaps.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Austin's "We're Mr. and Mrs. Austin Forsythe" kind of says it all. Ugh. Although at least Joy can ditch her awful maiden name and get a new one that is pretty cool sounding. Reminds me of 1980s nighttime soaps.

I was hoping that antiquated custom of the wife being referred to as Mrs "husbands first name", "husbands last name" was dying off.  Sadly with the Duggars  & their ilk it will not.  The woman are truly chattel in their cult.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 5
(edited)

Here's the thing. Joy doesn't look special. Jinger looked like she understood it was a day to make yourself look more special than other days. Joy looks like she rolled out of bed, pulled on a dress, walked down the aisle and is now schlumping on a couch.

Edited by Annb67
Spell check changed Jinger to Monger. Wth....lol
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Buggin said:

Minus the bouquet and white dress, it looks like the prom pics I've seen all over Facebook the past couple weeks.

They are barely a few years older than prom dates.  Sadly, I bet there are prom dates that are more mature & know each other better than Joy/Austin.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

Property of the Duggar family? It should be Joy and Austin Forsyth. Oh Austin, under Boob's thumb already. 

Austin is nothing more than Jim Boob's bitch just like Benjermin.

• Love 6