Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, EVS said:

It was a j-name with a boring personality, completely naive about life, and getting married too young.  Easy to mix them up!

Watching the video, it was so easy to see both of them replaced by any other Duggar son and daughter. Everything they say and the way they say it is completely Duggar-generic. The swaying was odd.

• Love 4

Yes!  Why do they have to explain their swimwear EVERY time.  Who the hell cares?  It isn't that interesting. Really.

I'm pretty covered up on the beach. Do you really care why? I'm having fun with my kids, who are also pretty covered up.

NO ONE cares about how superior you are think you are. 

• Love 13
On 5/6/2017 at 4:42 AM, Mollie said:

So when is the wedding?  I think it will be in exactly one month.

Jill got married after an engagement of two months and three weeks.

Jessa got married after an engagement of two months and two weeks.

Jinger got married after an engagement of three months and one week (after just a five-week courtship).

Joy and Austin got engaged on March 2.  Based on family history, it's logical to presume the wedding will be on or about the first week in June.

All three of the older sisters' weddings were on a Saturday.  If they get married near Springdale on a Saturday, then it will probably be on June 3 or 10.  (But, booking a June wedding on a Saturday usually requires more than a three-month-notice for the best venues.)   

The problem with a Saturday wedding for Joy and Austin is that Austin's parents run the family camp on weekends.  How could they attend a Saturday wedding?  If the wedding is held at their Fort Rock Family Camp, it could be held on a week night.  Their website shows a private event is booked for June 5 – 8, which is Monday – Thursday.  The camp is a one-hour drive from Springdale, AR, so Joy's local friends could easily attend if the wedding were at the camp.  Plus, the camp provides accommodations for out-of-town wedding guests.  Also, the camp is where the two got engaged and it has a special place in their hearts, yada, yada, yada.   I think the couple might live and work there after marriage.  Austin is the only son in his family and would probably take over the family business one day.

0 0 1 Fort Rock.png

That wedding has to be within the next four weeks.

Ben is speaking at the Evangelism Reformation Conference, Friday, June 16 – Saturday, June 17 (something to do with the requirements of his online school work).  And, Jessa is speaking in Ohio at the 'Fashionably Modest' seminar on Saturday, June 24th.

Before the wedding, they have to have a bridal shower.  Expect that one any day now.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Mollie said:

That wedding has to be within the next four weeks.

Before the wedding, they have to have a bridal shower.  Expect that one any day now.

i thought this as well....MOST people have their bachelor/bachelorette 'event' shortly before the wedding so i just assumed the wedding was right around the corner.  own't be surprised but i will be saddened as i too think she is too young....that said, if she goes through with it, i wish her nothing but the best.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, zoomama said:

i thought this as well....MOST people have their bachelor/bachelorette 'event' shortly before the wedding so i just assumed the wedding was right around the corner.  own't be surprised but i will be saddened as i too think she is too young....that said, if she goes through with it, i wish her nothing but the best.

I know what you mean. 

Nobody seems to care much about this wedding.  When Joseph and Kendra get engaged, it's going to be an even bigger yawn. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I imagine Joy has already had her shower, however, it would have had to have been before Big Sandy. I don't think she can wait until Jilly Muffin comes back to have it (too close). That said, I think the Dullards will be back in the states in about 10 days.

Since there is Family Camp on 6/3 and 6/10, and the unspecified event in between, I'm going the other direction and calling a May 27 wedding at the Camp. There is nothing at all booked that weekend. Yes, it's Memorial Weekend, but these people barely have jobs, so what difference would it make to their more out of town guests (come ON, JRod, we're depending on you to spill).

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

They have to be getting married soon as they already had their bachelor and Bachelorette party or because they do things differently have the party have a party months before the wedding. 

• Love 2
On 5/10/2017 at 6:24 PM, Mollie said:

I know what you mean. 

Nobody seems to care much about this wedding.  When Joseph and Kendra get engaged, it's going to be an even bigger yawn. 

Imagine how dull it will be in ten years when Jackson or the non-Miracle Child lost girls get married. It'll be like a Maxwell wedding. *snore*

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Anonymousie said:

Imagine how dull it will be in ten years when Jackson or the non-Miracle Child lost girls get married. It'll be like a Maxwell wedding. *snore*

Except that it'll be on television. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

And it won't be two hours of Stevehovah droning on about DEATH. 

No, but it will have Jizm Boob and Meeeechelle ostentatiously kissing. .... And for me it's kind of a tossup which of those two things is more nauseating to witness.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Anonymousie said:

I can barely figure out who Joseph is . For me  Josh , JD , Jana , Jill , Jinger , Joy and Josiah are the only kids I recognize and Josie at the end of it again . Everyone else is just a nameless Duggar  face to me . 

• Love 8
(edited)

Someone who can post on Pickles' wall should remind her that last week, "Duggar insiders" pimped out a Jana/Hartono courtship. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Auto fill gives me Duggars, no to Duggar
6 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

According to an unnamed source on Pickle's page the wedding is May 20th.

If the wedding were in five days, wouldn't Jill and Derick be back in Arkansas already?  Seriously, she probably has to have a dress altered to fit her growing belly and wouldn't it take at least five days to clean Derick up so he would be presentable?

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/14/2017 at 4:13 PM, Churchhoney said:

Except that it'll be on television. 

I think you overestimated the American public's capacity for boredom. I don't think the last J'kids' weddings will be televised, or at least not to the extent the first kids' were. 

8 hours ago, Mollie said:

If the wedding were in five days, wouldn't Jill and Derick be back in Arkansas already?  Seriously, she probably has to have a dress altered to fit her growing belly and wouldn't it take at least five days to clean Derick up so he would be presentable?

The lost girls will have to work hard with the soap and scrub brushes, or maybe they should just opt for a power washer. 

Edited by Anonymousie
It's you, not your.
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

Jana better get cracking on Jill's dress.  Derick is a lost cause.

7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Someone who can post on Pickles' wall should remind her that last week, "Duggar insiders" pimped out a Jana/Hartono courtship. 

Bwahaha what if Pickle's "source"is our own Jill R? 

I've had a brief couple of months where I forgot the Duggars existed but now I'm all out of things to talk about in "The Handmaid's Tale" forums and so I ventured here.

This family is so boring. Poor Joy and her boring husband-to-be. This is your life now. Hopefully talking to people as they file in the family camp will bring some spice to your life. Otherwise, we all know your future. Just look at your sisters.

Poor girl. She has no idea there's another world waiting for her.

• Love 2

They are so boring I actually forgot which forum this was and had to scroll up to find out if it was Joy or Kendra...I don't even know the name of the J kid Kendra is marrying.  That's pretty damn bad. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

Bwahaha what if Pickle's "source"is our own Jill R? 

Nah, Jill bans people from her pages whose FB profiles aren't Christian enough for her. No way she'd respond to Pickles' FB page under same name. Now, I know Pickles' real name, and she might be in tight with JRod, but from what I understand, she took down that profile when she was being endlessly harrassed by leghumpers. That's how "Pickles" came to be. eta: She was unsearchable even before she created the Pickles page, I guess due to the harrassment. I was banned from Pickles long after, so it's not that she blocked me on both of her accounts (if the original even exists now). 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Since JRod posted that advertisement for her daughter Narnia, Nexium, or whatever the hell her name is, I keep thinking of that Reba M. Country song "Fancy" lol. 

• Love 12

I love that song. If only one of these Fundie girls could grow up to be a self assured woman, who doesn't let anyone shame her for being a sexual being, and vowing to help other girls in bad situations, like Fancy in the song did. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nah, Jill bans people from her pages whose FB profiles aren't Christian enough for her. No way she'd respond to Pickles' FB page under same name. Now, I know Pickles' real name, and she might be in tight with JRod, but from what I understand, she took down that profile when she was being endlessly harrassed by leghumpers. That's how "Pickles" came to be. eta: She was unsearchable even before she created the Pickles page, I guess due to the harrassment. I was banned from Pickles long after, so it's not that she blocked me on both of her accounts (if the original even exists now). 

It was meant as a haha not for realz.

So back to not knowing when the wedding is. Sheesh! 

LOL. Don't mention JRod. She DID announce that she wasn't going to announce their travel schedule after the fact now. I guess she got a little Duggar smackdown after pointing a huge arrow on NWA when she announced she was heading there last November. We also had Vuolos on IG with no clue. These clans are tight, so I expect there to be fewer leaks. But if the tabloids read Pickles, someone will figure it out and get exclusives. 

• Love 2

So, suddenly Jill is secretive about her plans. Seems like an arrow to a certain conclusion, maybe? She has to advertise her itinerary to get people to show up to the horrible performances and bride showings, or let local people know to let the phone go to voicemail.

• Love 2
(edited)

As I posted in the Dullards' thread, Mechelle claims they are not stateside yet. Of course, they could be coming in later today for a supposed Saturday wedding, but that's cutting it especially close, considering Jilly is likely Joy's MOH. My money is on the wedding next week. 

Of course, the Duggars have out and out lied before, and the Dullards could well be in the Pool House this morning, and Mechelle has been too lazy to go see her.

Edited by Sew Sumi
(edited)

I don't see how the wedding could possibly be this Saturday.  Austin still hasn't received many of the gifts he requested on the wedding registry – like the $599 saw, the $299 table saw, the $1,899.95 vacuum cleaner, the $158 circular saw, the $175.23 Porter-Cable tool kit, the $211 camping tents, $253.98 sleeping bags, $1,155 of gift cards (only $45 have been purchased), etc. 

And, no one bought the $11.63 manual can opener for Joy.  How can they possibly get married without a way to open cream of mushroom soup cans?  (Two cans are required to make the Duggar Tater Tot Casserole.)

Of course, I suppose they could get married anyway and pray that Santa will bring the rest of the gifts in December.  But, could you wait that long for a vacuum cleaner, a can opener, and $500 of restaurant gift cards?

0 0 1 can opener.jpg

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 10

And, no one bought the $11.63 manual can opener for Joy.  How can they possibly get married without a way to open cream of mushroom soup cans?  (Two cans are required to make the Duggar Tater Tot Casserole.)

Not gonna lie - I picture barefoot and pregnant Joy bashing soup cans on rocks, by the river, until they rip open.

• Love 16
Just now, JoanArc said:

Not gonna lie - I picture barefoot and pregnant Joy bashing soup cans on rocks, by the river, until they rip open.

Or, they could use the circular saw if someone actually buys that for Austin . . .

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

So back to not knowing when the wedding is. Sheesh! 

Heavy thunderstorms are in the forecast for Springdale, AR, this Saturday.  

2 hours ago, Mollie said:

I don't see how the wedding could possibly be this Saturday.  Austin still hasn't received many of the gifts he requested on the wedding registry – like the $599 saw, the $299 table saw, the $1,899.95 vacuum cleaner, the $158 circular saw, the $175.23 Porter-Cable tool kit, the $211 camping tents, $253.98 sleeping bags, $1,155 of gift cards (only $45 have been purchased), etc. 

Of course, I suppose they could get married anyway and pray that Santa will bring the rest of the gifts in December.  But, could you wait that long for a vacuum cleaner, a can opener, and $500 of restaurant gift cards?

0 0 1 can opener.jpg

sal2.jpg?resize=870,598 No need, it's EZ open now!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

But what a blessing! Said with my Joy lisp...

• Love 3
On 5/15/2017 at 7:24 AM, Fuzzysox said:

According to an unnamed source on Pickle's page the wedding is May 20th.

According to the UK Daily Mail, it was moved up from October.  We know she isn't pregnant, so I can't help but believe this has something to do with the show.  Maybe "Counting On" is not going to be renewed.  

• Love 1

The Daily Fail and other tabloids fell for the October wedding date. Joy didn't at first put the note in that the date was a placeholder. 

They just can't admit that they fucked up. I will believe the Saturday wedding when I see pics. So far, location has been kept well under wraps. I think Jinger's was exposed around Wednesday of the week she got married.