Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

I think they came up with Saturday the 20th because the Hartono boy commented on Sierra's Instagram live that he was leaving on the 17th and was sad he was gonna miss the wedding. 

• Love 1

Here's a good reason to believe that the wedding isn't on the 20th:  Lawson Bates is giving a benefit concert Friday night in Lincolnton, NC.  Kelly Jo and Gil are also attending.  That's a 13-hour-drive to Springdale, AR.  Of course, they could fly to Arkansas, but that is expensive and they would have to buy tickets for all their kids.  There's no way they would miss a Duggar wedding.  

(edited)

That's right. I saw that post and didn't give a thought to the Bateses' attendance at Joy's wedding. And since we know Carlin will likely be standing up for Joy, she needs at least one sibling traveling with her. I guess and Josie could fly in ahead and miss the concert and the family could pull an all-nighter drive? Their weddings are usually mid-afternoon so they don't have to feed anyone real food, so it is possible, if not probable. I think Joy would consider the rest of the Bateses if Carlin is involved, and this isn't the first time Kelly has mentioned this concert; it's likel been in the works as long as Joy's engagement. 

eta: I've been holding out for the 27th for a while. Make it so! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's right. I saw that post and didn't give a thought to the Bateses' attendance at Joy's wedding. And since we know Carlin will likely be standing up for Joy, she needs at least one sibling traveling with her. I guess and Josie could fly in ahead and miss the concert and the family could pull an all-nighter drive? Their weddings are usually mid-afternoon so they don't have to feed anyone real food, so it is possible, if not probable. I think Joy would consider the rest of the Bateses if Carlin is involved, and this isn't the first time Kelly has mentioned this concert; it's likel been in the works as long as Joy's engagement. 

eta: I've been holding out for the 27th for a while. Make it so! 

I think Lawson's concert was booked well before Joy's wedding was scheduled.  Joy and Austin have only been engaged for 11 weeks!  And, I doubt that Joy consulted the Bates family before she set her date.  If the wedding is on the 20th, they could be in a real pickle here, you'll pardon the expression.

0 0 1 pickle.jpg

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Here's a good reason to believe that the wedding isn't on the 20th:  Lawson Bates is giving a benefit concert Friday night in Lincolnton, NC.  Kelly Jo and Gil are also attending.  That's a 13-hour-drive to Springdale, AR.  Of course, they could fly to Arkansas, but that is expensive and they would have to buy tickets for all their kids.  There's no way they would miss a Duggar wedding.  

I don't know. Maybe they'd actually like a good excuse to miss a Duggar wedding. I've never gotten the impression that they're too fond of JB and M. .... And with shows on different networks, they don't get any useful publicity out of Duggar weddings.

• Love 11
(edited)

Pickles posted that there was a "miscommunication," and the wedding isn't on the 20th after all, but the 27th. I don't know how you can screw up a zero and a seven. 

She will NEVER admit that she was WRONG. I imagine she saw the post that I put up above on FJ (she still trolls there; it's evident in many of her posts, but I don't think she trolls here), and had to scramble. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

Ah, but the sour one is never wrong, it's her "sources" (aka, she read it wrong on some Interwebz forum). Her obsession with the Dugwads is actually quite terrifying.

I couldn't care less whether Joyless gets married or when. I'll wager it'll be by far the shabbiest Duggar wedding yet, and that particular bar is already exceedingly low anyway.

A HOOVER for 2 Grand?? What is it made of, gold????

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Pickles posted that there was a "miscommunication," and the wedding isn't on the 20th after all, but the 27th. I don't know how you can screw up a zero and a seven. 

She will NEVER admit that she was WRONG. I imagine she saw the post that I put up above on FJ (she still trolls there; it's evident in many of her posts, but I don't think she trolls here), and had to scramble. 

Pickles just posted a retraction of the retraction:

"I retract last night's retraction. The wedding still seems to be on for tomorrow. I'm developing an ulcer."

• Love 1

I at first liked Pickles, and now that I've been reading here more the way she runs things is so hypocritical. She can never admit when she's wrong and that's hilarious. She always has to defend herself. 

On 5/17/2017 at 6:46 PM, JoanArc said:

Implying joy can work the pulltab. I'm pretty sure she'd drown if left outside in the rain.

You mean like a turkey?  Staring at the rain with her mouth open?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

Pickles just posted a retraction of the retraction:

"I retract last night's retraction. The wedding still seems to be on for tomorrow. I'm developing an ulcer."

She just can't admit that she can't identify the difference between "this" weekend and "next." 

Stupid middle-aged cow. She should know that at her advanced (mid-late 50's) age. Geezus.

• Love 3

FWIW I stopped reading her after the Josh scandal broke. Haven't missed a thing.

ON TOPIC:

A HOOVER for 2 Grand?? What is it made of, gold????

No, a new high-tech alloy - Girftonium. Very rare.

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

FWIW I stopped reading her after the Josh scandal broke. Haven't missed a thing.

ON TOPIC:

No, a new high-tech alloy - Girftonium. Very rare.

If someone actually buys that for them, they'll probably return it to Amazon and exchange it for all of the gift certificates they really wanted.

• Love 3
On 5/18/2017 at 4:16 PM, Churchhoney said:

I don't know. Maybe they'd actually like a good excuse to miss a Duggar wedding. I've never gotten the impression that they're too fond of JB and M. .... And with shows on different networks, they don't get any useful publicity out of Duggar weddings.

That's true and with most of their age-eligible kids already courting or married, there's no need to show up and use the event as some kind of Christian Mingle mixer. 

• Love 2

I guess this will be pretty obvious and redundant at this point, but... WTF is Joy doing getting married? She is way too young and this is way too fast. Even by Duggar standards this is a terrible idea. I mean, obviously she wasn't ever going to college or getting an apartment with roommates or anything remotely normal, but it still seems like a huge mistake. Out of 19 kids, why can't a single one of them do something with their lives? 

• Love 13
(edited)
41 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That's true and with most of their age-eligible kids already courting or married, there's no need to show up and use the event as some kind of Christian Mingle mixer. 

No kidding. The food is terrible. There aren't any chairs. And you have to watch Jim Bob kiss Michelle. 

Who wouldn't want to get out of attending that? 

26 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I guess this will be pretty obvious and redundant at this point, but... WTF is Joy doing getting married? She is way too young and this is way too fast. Even by Duggar standards this is a terrible idea. I mean, obviously she wasn't ever going to college or getting an apartment with roommates or anything remotely normal, but it still seems like a huge mistake. Out of 19 kids, why can't a single one of them do something with their lives? 

Because any kid who did something might do too much and ultimately be perceived to have outdone Jim Bob? 

We can't have that. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Besides procreate, you mean? And pass their ignorance on to the next generation? I am starting to doubt it. Then again, Duggar/fundie "normal" is very contorted.

• Love 3
(edited)

She has nothing better to do than get married, so why not? Getting married and having babies are supposed to be the pinnacle of any female Duggar's life so she might as well start as soon as possible. 

ETA - it made me sad just to type that. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 14

I'm just struggling to believe that it has never occurred to any of these girls that maybe there is another way, that God will still love them even if they don't pump out more babies than the feed mice at a dirty pet store. I actually don't hate the Duggars as much as some people do; I just don't get how a family of 21+ all agree to stay on message like this, especially when it's such a restrictive message. Do all of these girls actively want children? Surely one of them will be like "fuck it, I'm getting an IUD." If Joy or Jinger turns up pregnant in 2017 I'm going to be so disappointed, but not at all surprised. 

• Love 7

Now I know blind items are not necessarily true, but the guesses for this one is Joy. We'll find out if there's a honeymoon baby or a big preemie.

"What do you do when one of the millions of children in this reality family gets pregnant? You have a shotgun wedding so hopefully no one finds out the truth."

blind item

15 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Now I know blind items are not necessarily true, but the guesses for this one is Joy. We'll find out if there's a honeymoon baby or a big preemie.

"What do you do when one of the millions of children in this reality family gets pregnant? You have a shotgun wedding so hopefully no one finds out the truth."

blind item

It's been rumored for awhile now.

• Love 2
(edited)
38 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

It's been rumored for awhile now.

And she's skinnier than she's ever been since before pu: berty. 

eta: All Duggar girls, aside from possibly Jill, all dropped significant weight, or insignificant in Jinger's case, before the wedding. Joy, however, lost her gorgeous curves.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

My 17-year-old has Prom tomorrow night and just did a dry run of her dress, etc, for me. I mentioned Joy's impending doom, er, nuptials, and DD googled a picture. Her first comment was "That's insane!" Second comment? "He looks dead in the eyes." 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

And she's skinnier than she's ever been since before puberty. 

Agreed. I doubt they could pass off a full term baby after 6 months of marriage. It's possible she had a scare or miscarriage, though.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

But... but... Joy doesn't have a penis. What else would she do, other than stay home and take care of her parents' eleventy-seven kids or start having her own?

Completely utterly sad waste of human potential. Fuck you, MEchelle and Boob.

Edited by jcbrown
I know how to use punctuation
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

blind item

Plot twist - person leaking info is one of those who refers to both people as being pregnant (not just the woman), and it's actually Joe & Kendra having a shotgun wedding. Maybe we haven't seen them lately because Kendra is hiding her shame until she's a properly married woman, not some hussy who couldn't wait long enough for those side hugs.

• Love 3

I'm going with the April's Fool's day fake story that Kendra was knocked up being the "source" of these rumors.

I have no idea about the $2000 vacuum, I've never heard of the brand on their Amazon list, but my sister has had a Kirby that she and her ex husband paid $1700 for 14 years ago. She was a stay at home mom, 3 kids including a few month old baby, he had a crap job, and multiple pets. They could no way afford it, but she wanted it and they financed it thru Kirby at some outrageous terms. She had already been going thru at least 1 vacuum every year for 7 years, and honestly, the Kirby is a beast. Still running just as well as the day she got it from the random door to door guy who showed up and quite honestly looked like he was casing the house, Kirby tee shirt and jeans, and a car that was parked halfway down the street that was even crappier than hers. She didn't even hesitate before letting him in and I ripped her head off when he had to go out to get the demo unit. Apparently the fact I was there made her all brave and she figured we wouldn't both get killed. Yeah, I was 25, she was 24, and the kids were 7, 4, and like 2 months. Gee, thanks!

• Love 3
(edited)

So did we ever figure out when this disaster will take place? Is it today or the 27th? I have to admit, the bitchy side of me is looking forward to seeing just how tragically low-rent the Duggars can go with this one. Besides Jana, I can't imagine the rest of the sisters have been hands-on with the preparations, so that leaves Sierra and Joy to handle the details. I'm also curious to see if Joy will be moving to Fort Rock or if Austin will get sucked into the Duggar realm of mediocrity and unfulfilled potential. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10

someone remind me - why are these weddings so secretive? if i recall correctly, the first two were known well in advance, weren't they? why such a mystery now? it seriously cannot be just about publicity, can it?

• Love 4

It may be the request or personality of the brides involved.  Jinger seemed truly upset that the paps were there at her wedding.  Jill and Jessa seem much more comfortable being center stage.  Joy doesn't seem to be a camera hog like one or two family members might be.  ;)

• Love 1

Michelle posted this on Facebook.  If that is a picture taken today, it means that Jinger is visiting from Texas and that Joy's wedding might be today.  Forecast for NW Arkansas:  Thunderstorms.

0 0 1 Joy Wedding.png

• Love 1
19 hours ago, zoomama said:

jill is home -- the wedding really must be soon.   

I am certain that I saw a post that she made somewhere that said something to the effect that they were on their way home and Joy is getting married today.  Surely I didn't dream that but if I did, I'm spending far too much time on this forum.  Lol

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I am certain that I saw a post that she made somewhere that said something to the effect that they were on their way home and Joy is getting married today.  Surely I didn't dream that but if I did, I'm spending far too much time on this forum.  Lol

The speculation is that the wedding is today.  Only 'insiders' know for sure but they aren't saying.

Nobody cares anyway because the sexual molestation scandal is back in the news and Joy would rather be seen as a victim than as a bride today.  Way to go, Joy!  You got what you wanted.  Kinda makes me feel sorry for poor Austin.  Welcome to marriage with a Duggar daughter, Austin.  Hope you're not getting cold feet or cold anything else.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Michelle posted this on Facebook.  If that is a picture taken today, it means that Jinger is visiting from Texas and that Joy's wedding might be today.  Forecast for NW Arkansas:  Thunderstorms.

0 0 1 Joy Wedding.png

This doesn't look recent. Joy does not look like that anymore. Jana has also been looking thinner lately too.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

This doesn't look recent. Joy does not look like that anymore. Jana has also been looking thinner lately too.

I don't think it is either. Joy is still curvy and Jessa isn't carrying any post-Wilberforce baby weight. 

8 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I'm going with the April's Fool's day fake story that Kendra was knocked up being the "source" of these rumors.

Or Joy's wedding registry that had her birthday as the wedding day place holder  and now the speculations that the wedding is imminent  and voilà shot gun wedding .

(edited)

It had everything to do with filing before the statutes ran on the 19th  (article) or 21st (police report). 

Sierra confirmed on IG Live tonight that the wedding was NOT today. Pickles will have to retract her latest retraction! LMAO

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think the pic was closer to Jessa's wedding because her face looks very thin. And I don't think there's a ring on Jinger's finger. The Duggars will never learn that their red herring posts always get figured out.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2