Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Nysha said:

It was butchered (and cooked) by someone who had no idea what he was doing. Venison steaks look like beef steak when butchered correctly and meat properly cooked over a fire pit does not resemble coal (or turds). 

Well, Austin's family seems pretty similar to the Duggars. Maybe they go by the same "learning" principles. Somebody watched an expert in handling deer meat for, oh, 30 minutes (cause it's just one animal, right?) and after that was able to do it himself, unaided and without consulting any how-to books. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

So joy is visiting Carlin Bates right now and they did a Instagram story last night where joy was practically in tears because she misses her fiancé so much.... Oh barf

How big is that steering wheel?

17 hours ago, pinkelephant3 said:

So joy is visiting Carlin Bates right now and they did a Instagram story last night where joy was practically in tears because she misses her fiancé so much.... Oh barf

Saw it. Carlin was just talking about a big history test she has tomorrow that she didn't want to study for and Joy was glued to her phone with Austin, I'm assuming.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, pinkelephant3 said:

And another stage 5 clinger . 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm starting to see Jessa's lantern jaw in Joy. She better stop with the starvation diet. She looked much better with her rounder face and curvier figure.

Yep, she's getting that big head look; her head doesn't match her body.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

This is like the 3rd time I have seen her wear this exact outfit. She's so skinny...

I think this is a cute outfit on her. She has lost weight, I hope it's because she wants to, not because she feels like she has to because she was beautiful before. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, lianau said:

And another stage 5 clinger . 

Either a stage-5 clinger like Jill or a stage-5 made-for-tv liar, like Josh. Either way, nice to see she's following family traditions.

Because that's so rare in a Duggar.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
Just now, Churchhoney said:

Either a stage-5 clinger like Jill or a stage-5 made-for-tv liar, like Josh. Either way, nice to see she's following family traditions.

I'm thinking Stage 5 liar. Joy was never a gushy girly girl. She's acting like this because that's what's expected of women in her cult. You're supposed to turn into a simpering idiot over some guy you barely know, because God forbid you maintain any semblance of dignity or independence. The menfolk like their women swooning and needy. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm thinking Stage 5 liar.

Me, too.

And I think I'd almost rather she were the clinger. Because then at least she'd probably be having some thrills and enjoyment out of the situation. As it is, she's just doing another grinding duty, and one that I think is harmful to her psyche, to boot -- fictionalizing her life and feelings to match what the Duggar cult-and-tv-and-fandom script requires.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

Saw it. Carlin was just talking about a big history test she has tomorrow that she didn't want to study for and Joy was glued to her phone with Austin, I'm assuming.

Well you know Joy sure ain't studying.

21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm thinking Stage 5 liar. Joy was never a gushy girly girl. She's acting like this because that's what's expected of women in her cult. You're supposed to turn into a simpering idiot over some guy you barely know, because God forbid you maintain any semblance of dignity or independence. The menfolk like their women swooning and needy. 

Maybe she's crying because she knows Tabitha is marrying the Anal Rapist.

12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Now that Joy is engaged and in lala land, what duties is she now not responsible for?

My guess would be nothing, and that's a big motivation for her to go ahead and court. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 4

Has she no other dress? And she too has fallen prey to the "get skinny bitch or else" shite that all these girls experience.

Still not buying this "romance". Two very bewildered children are going through some resemblance of motion.

• Love 5

It does seem like Joy went from a scrappy tom-boy, to head organizer, to a giddy-in-love girl in less then a year. I wonder if part of it is almost like a power trip. They get to stop doing chores and start communicating with a none Duggar regularly. Jill and Jessa walked around like peacocks when they were courting and engaged. Other than Jana there's no one left to Lord it over. Hopefully Joy is being kind to her.

I hope Joy knows she can be a giddy-in-love tom-boy. I'd like to imagine Joy doing tricks on her skateboard as Austin goes for a run rather than riding beside him on a bicycle looking like the Wicked Witch of the West. Or better yet staying home and shooting some hoops as Austin goes for a run.

• Love 6
On 4/1/2017 at 3:12 PM, queenanne said:

How was it safe for her to drive with all those tears blinding her? lol.

Because the Duggars do things just a little differently. Safety you jest, right?

• Love 4
On 4/1/2017 at 4:12 PM, queenanne said:

How was it safe for her to drive with all those tears blinding her? lol.

Jesus took the wheel? 

This comes off as so fake to me. Joy acts like she is lobotomized 90% of the time. She's known this guy her whole life (almost), so the sudden clingy infatuation is just weird. He probably went with them on the trip.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jesus took the wheel? 

This comes off as so fake to me. Joy acts like she is lobotomized 90% of the time. She's known this guy her whole life (almost), so the sudden clingy infatuation is just weird. He probably went with them on the trip.

I was thinking the same thing. And does she see him everyday now? How is this different from a few weeks ago? It's like she is following her sister's boyfriend script. What she is not realizing is Derick was in Nepal for a year, Ben lived a few hours away until he moved into the shed and Jeremy lived in TX, so it made sense for her sisters to miss their boyfriends. Doesn't he live minutes away? A few days away has her in tears?!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A few days away has her in tears?!

I remember my first boyfriend and how dreadful the weekends were, having to wait 2 whole days to see him again. Of course, I'm old and this was the 70s, before Facebook and smart phones, we were in the 6th grade and our interactions mainly consisted of sitting together on the bus and holding hands under our Trapperkeepers. But I'm pretty sure I shed a few melodramatic tears at our forced separations.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I was thinking the same thing. And does she see him everyday now? How is this different from a few weeks ago? It's like she is following her sister's boyfriend script. What she is not realizing is Derick was in Nepal for a year, Ben lived a few hours away until he moved into the shed and Jeremy lived in TX, so it made sense for her sisters to miss their boyfriends. Doesn't he live minutes away? A few days away has her in tears?!

Thanks to their years and years on "reality" tv and supplemented by their years and years of cult indoctrination, Duggars are well schooled in what's in the scripts for each occasion. And they deliver. 

Austin is on site. Joy: "Ho hum. When do we eat around here?" (as someone aptly posted a while ago.)

Austin is elsewhere, Joy's at a wedding and the cameras are rolling. Joy: "S-o-o-o-b, s-o-o-o-b, s-o-o-o-b."

Unfortunately for Joy, I doubt she has any idea what she actually feels in this situation. 

• Love 10

Except for the hair color, I don't think they look alike at all, but its going to be downright cringe worthy when they start to mimic each other's mannerisms, etc. like most married couples do to some extent. The resemblance is going to grow.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Kinda creepy...They look as much alike as David and Priscilla. A whole Children of the Corn generation to come...

We are all becoming one brain here since I thought the exact same thing...uber creepy!!! They look like brother and sister getting married to birth out God's white army of Jesus lovers.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

We are all becoming one brain here since I thought the exact same thing...uber creepy!!! They look like brother and sister getting married to birth out God's white army of Jesus lovers.

Well, ya know....

On 4/17/2017 at 0:40 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

Kinda creepy...They look as much alike as David and Priscilla. A whole Children of the Corn generation to come...

I read this very distractedly and seriously saw Christians of the Corn...

Also, Joy looks like my niece in this pic and it's upsetting me. 

• Love 3
On 4/17/2017 at 0:45 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Except for the hair color, I don't think they look alike at all, but its going to be downright cringe worthy when they start to mimic each other's mannerisms, etc. like most married couples do to some extent. The resemblance is going to grow.

Maybe they're eyes are a bit similar. And if someone told me they were siblings I wouldn't be shocked. But I agree they don't look exactly alike.

No, Joy claimed that they didn't have a date  (lie) and used her birthday as a placeholder. Apparently, you have to put a date into the registry (which is where the date cane from). She'll probably be knocked up by then.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, Joy claimed that they didn't have a date  (lie) and used her birthday as a placeholder. Apparently, you have to put a date into the registry (which is where the date cane from). She'll probably be knocked up by then.

Thanks. I'm sure they'll wait until they need ratings..

• Love 1

Well, as we know, there's a wedding happening at the Family Camp next weekend. They could have it properly edited in plenty of time to be the season finale for the next cycle that's airing sometime this summer. I don't think TLC wants another rush job like they had with Jinger. Two weeks in June are already taken (Benessa speaking engagements), and Jilly Muffin is due in July, so this thing is happening sometime between next weekend and very early June. 

Someone usually spills; some college student inadvertently outed Jinger's location, and JRod told us when. I wonder if JRod got a handslap from Boob for that. 

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, as we know, there's a wedding happening at the Family Camp next weekend. They could have it properly edited in plenty of time to be the season finale for the next cycle that's airing sometime this summer. I don't think TLC wants another rush job like they had with Jinger. Two weeks in June are already taken (Benessa speaking engagements), and Jilly Muffin is due in July, so this thing is happening sometime between next weekend and very early June. 

Someone usually spills; some college student inadvertently outed Jinger's location, and JRod told us when. I wonder if JRod got a handslap from Boob for that. 

I just imagined Boob taunting JRod, all "I was going to let one of my boys court Nurie, but I just can't let that happen now."

• Love 5