Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, if it's fake, a lot of people are duped; many items have been purchased. Lots of grey, though, like the other registry. If it's a fake, it's a very good one. 

eta: The date is set, they're just not publicizing it. Invitations have probably already been sent. 

Definitely convincing, if fake. Power tools, camping gear, computer equipment .... It all just screams, Wedding gifts! doesn't it. Definitely screams "Duggar," though. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

If the wedding is really in October (which I very highly doubt) why would folks start buying things off the registry already?  That's six months in advance.  

If this is a legit registry then I predict a June wedding.  Just in time for the fall season.  The small amount of items purchased could indicate that the invites have just gone out.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Pickles has pictures of the girls at Renee"s bridal shop today. What appears to be Joyless' dress is pictured. Totally not what we thought she would wear. It looks like an elongated lace daisy pattern. Meh, seems too old for her.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 1
(edited)

The fact that items have been purchased lends some credibility. Unless a savvy scammer is benefiting from the leg humpers' generosity. Then I saw the $1900 vacuum or whatever that was. Who in the world is so tone deaf to ask for such an item? I am married and have two children; I have also never had a shower for any of those occasions. On the other hand, my husband and I have lost count of how much money we have spent on shower gifts. But $1900? If true is tone deaf, greedy, entitled, and the gritting continues. 

Re the two tents and three sleeping bags. Maybe one tent is for when they are camping alone. The six person tent maybe for Big Sandy, or other enmeshed Duggar vortex outing. Since Boob and Mullet will dump some blessings on them, they will need the room.

If anyone is still reading I have a question about the stink bus. Boob stated it was purchased from an athletic team. I have not seen all of the inside, but it seems it would have single bunks. Where do the attached at the hip parents sleep?

Edited by SMama
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, SMama said:

Re the two tents and three sleeping bags. Maybe one tent is for when they are camping alone. The six person tent maybe for Big Sandy, or other enmeshed Duggar vortex outing. Since Boob and Mullet will dump some blessings on them, they will need the room.

The bolded above made me think of how much the Duggars are like the Borg. All the sons-in-law will be assimilated and resistance is futile. One brain and it's a broken one (okay, that part's just Duggar).

• Love 7
(edited)

So when is the wedding?  I think it will be in exactly one month.

Jill got married after an engagement of two months and three weeks.

Jessa got married after an engagement of two months and two weeks.

Jinger got married after an engagement of three months and one week (after just a five-week courtship).

Joy and Austin got engaged on March 2.  Based on family history, it's logical to presume the wedding will be on or about the first week in June.

All three of the older sisters' weddings were on a Saturday.  If they get married near Springdale on a Saturday, then it will probably be on June 3 or 10.  (But, booking a June wedding on a Saturday usually requires more than a three-month-notice for the best venues.)   

The problem with a Saturday wedding for Joy and Austin is that Austin's parents run the family camp on weekends.  How could they attend a Saturday wedding?  If the wedding is held at their Fort Rock Family Camp, it could be held on a week night.  Their website shows a private event is booked for June 5 – 8, which is Monday – Thursday.  The camp is a one-hour drive from Springdale, AR, so Joy's local friends could easily attend if the wedding were at the camp.  Plus, the camp provides accommodations for out-of-town wedding guests.  Also, the camp is where the two got engaged and it has a special place in their hearts, yada, yada, yada.   I think the couple might live and work there after marriage.  Austin is the only son in his family and would probably take over the family business one day.

0 0 1 Fort Rock.png

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Pickles has pictures of the girls at Renee"s bridal shop today. What appears to be Joyless' dress is pictured. Totally not what we thought she would wear. It looks like an elongated lace daisy pattern. Meh, seems too old for her.

Re: the dress pic. Renee posted that to her FB just saying that she was finishing up a dress. She may or may not have known that social media got wind of the Duggars' visit, and it really is Joy's dress, but I doubt it. Someone over at Pickles' astutely noted that could be the piece of Grandma's dress that is going into Joy's, as has become tradition. 

I think Renee did get wind of said visit, and she's just fucking with people. She fucked with people when headed to AR for Jinger's wedding. She's riding this Duggar wave for all it's worth. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

She said the 3 older girls and the little girls, so at that time it would have been Jana, Jinger, and Joy, and all the littles. Poor Jana is soon to be stuck alone with the little girls.

• Love 1

My niece went to her Sr Prom last night which got me thinking about Joy.  Even tho Joy is a few years older than my niece & her friends, I was thinking she definitely fits in more with the prom group vs. the picking out a wedding gown entourage which included her BIL Ben.

I know we keep repeating it, but it is so sad J & M have ruined their children's lives by not giving them any freedom & letting them choose how they want to live out their lives. It's pretty bad in this day and age when the only thing Joy could think of when asked about her future was staying home & helping with the kids.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

My niece went to her Sr Prom last night which got me thinking about Joy.  Even tho Joy is a few years older than my niece & her friends, I was thinking she definitely fits in more with the prom group vs. the picking out a wedding gown entourage which included her BIL Ben.

I know we keep repeating it, but it is so sad J & M have ruined their children's lives by not giving them any freedom & letting them choose how they want to live out their lives. It's pretty bad in this day and age when the only thing Joy could think of when asked about her future was staying home & helping with the kids.  

Been thinking the same thoughts lately. My daughter is a HS Junior, recently took her ACT and is scheduling campus visits. We just bought her prom dress. She manages the boys' lacrosse team, plays travel softball. She'll be 17 next week, has two part time jobs, and runs around with a pack of friends both female and male. She's living life, having fun, learning how to navigate the world. 

Poor Joy. 

• Love 12

It really is depressing. Joy is a very "young" 19, not an "old soul" 19. She's in no way, shape or form ready for marriage. I think this wedding depresses me most of all because it's like Joy is completely clueless. She thinks her father is acting in her best intentions. She's too naive to see she's just excess baggage that needs to be unloaded to keep the gravy train flowing. 

• Love 13

Thank you, sometimesy , for putting this into perspective. Since Joy's options are get married like Jill, Jessa, and Jinger, or become an indentured servant like Jana, I bet she's pretty dang happy to be getting married. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I look at Joy's situation as a bartered bride & I don't think it's a fault of her own.  Joy & her future husband have very crappy parents.  What's pissed me off is that the parents think they are more godly & holier than the rest of us.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 8

It's so funny that the text intro to the video say that it was an activity that "they both enjoy." How can Joy enjoy something she's never done? I assume that she means camping in tents rather than the comfort of an RV parkT, that plotline from last season in which some of the kidults had to "rough it" for a night notwithstanding.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Joy has never been camping?

And were they drunk or something? The way they were swaying back and forth made me feel nauseous. 

They went for a day trip once with that wilderness survival tour.  Remember that?  All the girls wore sandals in the Ozarks which are full of poisoness snakes: Copperheads, Cottonmouths and Rattle Snakes.  Also, poison ivy and poison oak.  But, the worst things in that part of the country are the small ticks that cover your legs if you aren't wearing jeans, boots, and lots of bug spray. Ticks are responsible for over 1,000 cases of tickborne diseases in NW Arkansas every year. On the survival day, Jinger spent the whole day texting Babe and a good time was not had by all!  Just because Joy always hangs out in old flannel shirts doesn't mean that she actually likes the great outdoors.

Joy and Austin are a mismatch.  He's going to be off fishing and hunting and Joy won't know what to do with herself.  I don't think they are compatable at all.  The only thing they have in common is that they were both homeschooled and couldn't find anyone to really fall in love with.  Joy gave up being a tomboy when she hit puberty and she has never really found herself.  She has no hobbies besides dipping strawberries in chocolate with Sierra, who − according to Jessa − is Joy's best friend.  There has never been a TV segment showing Joy actually doing something that she liked to do.

• Love 17
(edited)

True dat. We have no idea if Joy even HAS separate interests from the Duggar Hive. As I noted when I posted the video, TLC is trying to sell this in their text as a mutual interest. Joy has only been seen doing what someone tells her to do; the girl has no agency that I've been able to detect. I saw a picture of her and Jinger with cameras, but hers was nothing close to what Jinger was sporting. 

She just doesn't seem very bright or ambitious. I doubt her social media will dazzle us, once she's allowed to have it. @duggarfam posted a pic of the happy couple with Boob returning from church today all crammed into the front of a vehicle. A howler (probably Jackson) photobomed from the back seat. Whoopee. 

eta: Joy loves her guns. Remember this gem from El Salvador when she went down with Carlin Bates in Summer '16? It's my FJ avatar. 

izrw45.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's so funny that the text intro to the video say that it was an activity that "they both enjoy." How can Joy enjoy something she's never done? I assume that she means camping in tents rather than the comfort of an RV parkT, that plotline from last season in which some of the kidults had to "rough it" for a night notwithstanding.

Because lying is their family business? 

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And were they drunk or something? The way they were swaying back and forth made me feel nauseous. 

Maybe he has vertigo to go with that case of pinkeye. 

Those two are just barely sentient creatures, aren't they? It's like everything about them, brains and so on, just kind of moves at half speed. In that way they're matched, maybe. I wondered if the swaying was some kind of discomfort with standing there posed for the camera and talking to it when they have nothing to say. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, sometimesy said:

This is the reason you shouldn't be sad.

Let's try to get in Joy's head: 

She was raised to get married

she is marrying a human with a penis who lives close to her family

there will be little adjustment in her belief system

she will be living in an environment on a ranch place that is familiar and seems to suit her

she is getting out early so she can join the 'important' group of marrieds

she is having her wedding filmed by a television show, and the first time since she was in utero, she will be the focus of her family

she is going to get great wedding gifts

she is going to have many followers on social media which can help keep her new family business successful 

She gets laid

No math

I'd still rather be in love.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

Have I mentioned how much I loathe Jim Bob Duggar? And that goes double for Jim Bob Duggar's hideous, pukey, sickening, phony, disingenuous, arrogant, disgusting, fake, hypocritical, ugly smile.

• Love 20

That Patty Hearst Duggar pic terrifies me every time.

I actually think Joy's made a really good match. She truly is Barely Sentient. She would not function outside the bubble. Joy isn't smart - not book smart, common sense, or street smart - and she has no initiative. Except for not being waif thin, she's a Gothard dream girl.

I think the whole Bachelor/Bachelorette party is really bizarre for the Duggars. I understand wedding showers, bridal teas, men's fellowship outings, etc., but Bachelor/Bachelortte parties usually serve no purpose except to get a little bit wild. Wear flashy clothes, act stupid/silly, usually with some alcohol involved. I'm not saying you have to rent a stripper and get smashed, but if television and pants are forbidden, because of the sinful connotations, you'd think they'd shun bachelor/bachelorette parties.

3 minutes ago, louannems said:

The bachelorette video won't download for me!  I've even tried going directly to the TLC website, and still nothing.. I'm missing seeing the sentient creatures!

You'r not missing anything. They stand there side hugging, and monotone ramble about camping.

• Love 9
(edited)
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Lol @ no math !!

I mean I've made many major life decisions (and smaller ones) based on the lack of math or limited amount of math involved..... (See: College major, career choice.....)

I laughed out loud when I saw it on the list. :)

I'm thinking Joy will end up doing more (basic) math than she expects when she has to cook and clean for the entire campground's occupants.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They went camping with the Bates girls during 19 kids. I remember Michaela brought a curling iron and was doing her hair and the other girls made fun of her. None of them were courting yet and Erin blabbed about her recent fairytale engagement while they showed footage of it happening. You could tell she wanted to make them jealous lol.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 2

ITA that Joy is a good match with Austin. He understands her world and vs vera. She's a tomboy at heart and he likes the outdoors. I don't think she could have done better.

Austin has a JOB and a future. He seems hard working, i.e fixing and flipping houses means at least he has a skill outside of the family business. I don't see Joy being left to want for anything. Good match in my eyes.

• Love 8
(edited)

Thanks Mollie!  It works.  The swaying was definitely weird. Like rocking a baby.  Joy is as inarticulate as ever, and way too young to marry, but Austin is probably going to be fine for her.

Edited by louannems
7 hours ago, louannems said:

Thanks Mollie!  It works.  The swaying was definitely weird. Like rocking a baby.  Jill is as inarticulate as ever, and way too young to marry, but Austin is probably going to be fine for her.

Did I miss something, lol?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Just wait till Joe and whatsherface take centre stage. 

I find Joe's relationship to be the thickened water of love stories.

IMG_1068.JPG

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I find Joe's relationship to be the thickened water of love stories.

IMG_1068.JPG

I was gonna say pabulum, but you're right. Despite the bride's seeming like a 10-year-old, I expect this relationship will be more geriatric than anything else.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, louannems said:

JOY!

It was a j-name with a boring personality, completely naive about life, and getting married too young.  Easy to mix them up!

• Love 7