Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Austin's not bad looking, and he seems to have some marketable skills. But good grief together they are as dull as dishwater. Joy is dull, he's dull, they don't seem excited about each other at all. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Austin's not bad looking, and he seems to have some marketable skills. But good grief together they are as dull as dishwater. Joy is dull, he's dull, they don't seem excited about each other at all. 

Hahahaha ha ha! (I don't care about Kieffah)

2jevho3.jpg

• Love 1
On 03/03/2017 at 2:31 PM, Ripley68 said:

US Magazine has an article that Joy and Austin got engaged yesterday.  Picture of them holding hands and she has a ring on.http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/joy-anna-duggar-is-engaged-to-boyfriend-austin-forsyth-w470282

I'd fallen a few days behind on this forum. As soon as I saw there were two pages of unread posts, I knew. These two are such milquetoasts there couldn't be anything else of any interest. And for all their "marketing", it still screams business deal.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

I'd fallen a few days behind on this forum. As soon as I saw there were two pages of unread posts, I knew. These two are such milquetoasts there couldn't be anything else of any interest. And for all their "marketing", it still screams business deal.

Boring, but then so were Bin and Jessa IMO.

• Love 4

Okay, I take terrible photos myself and as of yet I haven't seen enough of the poor bastard, I mean Austin, to hate him yet. I'm sure he'll turn out to be a flamethrowing gay basher or wall builder or some such soon enough. Then I'll catch up on my retroactive loathing.

But dayum...that photo...his elevator doesn't go all the way to the top, does it?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

All of their children will be named after an aunt or uncle.

They will eat a lot of potatoes

Their home will be shades of beige or taupe

There will be framed calligraphy

The furniture will be purchased in complete sets, maybe even the rugs or lamps to match, from the showroom floor

Mr Oatmeal will make breakfast #besthusbandever

Mrs Oatmeal will give birth.

Just pause this crap until boob hires a groom for Jenny.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Hahahaha ha ha! (I don't care about Kieffah)

2jevho3.jpg

The Duggs seem to always be at this "restaurant" for special occasions.  Do they get their meal for free it they post about it?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

First of all, why can't this kid take off his coat -- is it immodest?

Secondly, the fact that they post all of these pictures of the kidults going on "double dates" with their parents is just squicky to me. If the young couple went out on double dates with their friends, or even Ben/Jessa or Derick/Jill, it would seem more natural and -- potentially -- fun. Their obession with this idea that it is fun for young adults to hang out with their parents and talk about Jesus just seems preposterous to me.

Maybe the engaged couple, wanted to thank JB and Michelle for the YouTube video and couldn't get around to producing a thank you YouTube video.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 2

I'm surprised by the timing of Joy's engagement announcement.  Is there a March sweeps I'm unaware of?  TLC just did the replay of Jinger and Jeremy's wedding surely that would have bought more time? No seriously, much of the non-fandom world is unaware of these two, if they want the family to be big tv stars, why rush it? Ben and Jessa's courtship was apparently less than a year, but it was much longer than this.  It gives them what 6 or 7 weeks "to plan" the wedding (assuming it's the end of April). (and yes I would believe the wedding was already planned prior to the engagement.) And she's 19.

On 3/3/2017 at 7:37 PM, ginger90 said:

Michelle pointing at Jim Bob's visual aid was just the best.....omg

This comment got me to watch the video. 

This triangle principle must be waaaayyy more common than I thought. I was at a Catholic wedding where one of the priests said it and I thought it was silly. I had been to other weddings before and never heard of it. Of course the priest described it a love triangle between man, woman, and God.  None of the people who attended the wedding that I know had ever heard of this triangle thing before, but here are the Duggars talking about it. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, I take terrible photos myself and as of yet I haven't seen enough of the poor bastard, I mean Austin, to hate him yet. I'm sure he'll turn out to be a flamethrowing gay basher or wall builder or some such soon enough. Then I'll catch up on my retroactive loathing.

But dayum...that photo...his elevator doesn't go all the way to the top, does it?

I doubt that the proverbial elevators in a lot of fundies go all the way to the top. They install them that way to keep kids from using their own minds, since that might lead to questions. I doubt there are even stairs that go to the top floors, and if there are, they are clogged with too much rubble to make navigating them worth the effort.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Secondly, the fact that they post all of these pictures of the kidults going on "double dates" with their parents is just squicky to me. If the young couple went out on double dates with their friends, or even Ben/Jessa or Derick/Jill, it would seem more natural and -- potentially -- fun. Their obession with this idea that it is fun for young adults to hang out with their parents and talk about Jesus just seems preposterous to me.

They don't have any friends. And they don't know what fun is. And I would never put "Derick/Jill" in the same sentence as the word "fun."

• Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

This triangle principle must be waaaayyy more common than I thought. I was at a Catholic wedding where one of the priests said it and I thought it was silly. I had been to other weddings before and never heard of it. Of course the priest described it a love triangle between man, woman, and God.  None of the people who attended the wedding that I know had ever heard of this triangle thing before, but here are the Duggars talking about it. 

I grew up in a non-denominational church and the triangle principle was used during sermons.  I do remember it.  The pastor's wife did not get up and help with the diagram though.... Guess she was a slacker.    I must be super smart as I was able to understand it without her fingertips guiding us through the demo <scarcasm and eyeroll>

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 3
(edited)

Someone who follows Sierra on IG hung out at her live chat last night. This is noteworthy here because Jonathan Hartono noted that he was going to be in the States from 4/20-5/17, then made a frown emoticon, then commented that he wasn't going to make the wedding. What other wedding could a Hartono (Duggar friend) and Sierra (another Duggar friend from different circles) be referring to? 

There are some dates in June and July that the Family Camp is blocked out. edited to add that only the week of 6/5-8 is booked....this makes TOTAL sense with the 3 month timeline. I think we've got our date IF they choose to marry during the week. Otherwise, I think the trail has run cold in terms of marrying at the Camp because all of the weekends of June and most of July are featuring Family Camp. Who would run the place if the Forsyths have to go somewhere else for wedding festivities? 

Edited again because I can't upload the post, but the Family Camp boasted the presence of both Boobchelle and JAustin as being "featured" at this past weekend's Marriage Retreat. WTH are a barely engaged couple going to contribute to a MARRIAGE retreat? WTAF?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Here is the text posted by the Forsyths w/r/t this retreat. It was posted a month ago, ostensibly before the youngsters were engaged (another reason to distrust Duggar Timing yet again...who would do this to a couple who were just courting?) Note that they've already lumped Austin in as a player on 19 Kids. He hadn't even asked Joy to court (on the show) yet, which was the first time we formally saw the guy.

We still have some cabins and RV spots available for our 9th Annual Spring Marriage Retreat featuring Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar and Austin & Joy-Anna of TLC's "Counting On"! Our hope is that you would take this opportunity to getaway with your sweetheart in order for you both to cultivate your relationship with each other, but first and foremost our Heavenly Father. We have some wonderful speakers lined up and lots of fun activities for you and your spouse to enjoy!

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Here is the text posted by the Forsyths w/r/t this retreat. It was posted a month ago, ostensibly before the youngsters were engaged (another reason to distrust Duggar Timing yet again...who would do this to a couple who were just courting?) Note that they've already lumped Austin in as a player on 19 Kids. He hadn't even asked Joy to court (on the show) yet, which was the first time we formally saw the guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We still have some cabins and RV spots available for our 9th Annual Spring Marriage Retreat featuring Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar and Austin & Joy-Anna of TLC's "Counting On"! Our hope is that you would take this opportunity to getaway with your sweetheart in order for you both to cultivate your relationship with each other, but first and foremost our Heavenly Father. We have some wonderful speakers lined up and lots of fun activities for you and your spouse to enjoy!

yeah...count me out. 

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 3/5/2017 at 11:39 PM, cmr2014 said:

It never ever ever crosses the minds of parents like this that anything is supposed to be fun for the kids. Kids exist for the parents. Other than that, the kids are nothing. End of story. Everything that is done is done to meet the parents' needs and wants. As we know, the Dugg 'rents have zero comprehension of any of their kids as individual beings distinct from mom and pop. And I guarantee nobody stays long in this kind of cult who isn't pretty much this same kind of selfish jerk. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Someone who follows Sierra on IG hung out at her live chat last night. This is noteworthy here because Jonathan Hartono noted that he was going to be in the States from 4/20-5/17, then made a frown emoticon, then commented that he wasn't going to make the wedding. What other wedding could a Hartono (Duggar friend) and Sierra (another Duggar friend from different circles) be referring to? 

There are some dates in June and July that the Family Camp is blocked out. edited to add that only the week of 6/5-8 is booked....this makes TOTAL sense with the 3 month timeline. I think we've got our date IF they choose to marry during the week. Otherwise, I think the trail has run cold in terms of marrying at the Camp because all of the weekends of June and most of July are featuring Family Camp. Who would run the place if the Forsyths have to go somewhere else for wedding festivities? 

Edited again because I can't upload the post, but the Family Camp boasted the presence of both Boobchelle and JAustin as being "featured" at this past weekend's Marriage Retreat. WTH are a barely engaged couple going to contribute to a MARRIAGE retreat? WTAF?

Camp confirmed to me when I called they are having a wedding the last weekend in April at the camp.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/5/2017 at 9:39 PM, cmr2014 said:

Don't forget, Jim Bob dry-humped Michelle on the putt-putt golf course during a "double date" with [the as yet unmarried] Jessa and Ben. Video link - not for the prudish both because of Jim Bob's conduct and the crude commentary. Edited to add: I'm not sure "prudish" is the best word choice - but the video shows crude behavior by JB and the commentary is funny but also crude in places. 

Edited by Jeeves
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

Camp confirmed to me when I called they are having a wedding the last weekend in April at the camp.

She's going to get married on my birthday isn't she...omg.

3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Don't forget, Jim Bob dry-humped Michelle on the putt-putt golf course during a "double date" with [the as yet unmarried] Jessa and Ben. Video link - not for the prudish both because of Jim Bob's conduct and the crude commentary: 

Thanks  for the "prude" warning ,  it is  appreciated. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Hartono will be in the States then, and he specifically mentioned missing Joy's wedding. That rules out the late April date.

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

She's going to get married on my birthday isn't she...omg.

Don't worry, see above.

(edited)

This chick is 19!! Nine teen and not pregnant and getting married? These people.  BTW--he looks hunky, unless its just the one blue plaid shirt photo.  Makes Jeremy look tubby.

Edited by WhineandCheez
edited becuase--I take that back. He looks like a DWEEB in the restaurant shot.
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Thanks  for the "prude" warning ,  it is  appreciated. 

Maybe "prudish" wasn't the best word. I probably should have said: warning, crude behavior on display by JB and crude commentary as well. 

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Hartono will be in the States then, and he specifically mentioned missing Joy's wedding. That rules out the late April date.

Don't worry, see above.

Oh good! I don't want to share my birthday with another "famous" couple, I mean I already share it with Will & Kate.

My niece got engaged shortly after her 20th birthday last year. She acts like she is 10. Her parents are both doctors and they approved because they have been dating since she was 15.

No one in the family is remotely excited that she will be getting married because just like Joy and Austin the couple act more like brother and sister.

I find it totally sad to be one and done. My side eye on Joy and my little niece's weddings will be a permanent thing with me.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

BTW--he looks hunky, unless its just the one blue plaid shirt photo.  Makes Jeremy look tubby.

He's a lot younger than Jeremy. My guess is it's a natural result of being 22. Jeremy mentioned when they met his grandma and family that he was a chubby kid and he had insecurities about it. 

I can't help but think of Maddie Brown of Sister Wives who got married when she was 20 and now she's on a downward spiral while her sister Mariah (who went away to college, came out as a lesbian and is involved in progressive politics) has found a girlfriend and is experiencing life the way it should go. Finish college before you get married.

Joy is in for a world of horrible because her in-laws are even more controlling than her parents.

• Love 13
On 3/6/2017 at 5:34 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I can see them going for encouragement and support and getting marital advice, but giving it???

Well, maybe Joy's jealous because she's the only sister that didn't get to write a book about relationships before anybody had had any. So now she gets to lecture on marriage before she's had that, to make up for it. And of course Meechelle and Jizm Bob, who almost certainly have had to be introduced to some of their children before they could go out for those birthday Sundays, have repeatedly gone on the lecture circuit as the world's best parents.

Speaking of what you know not. It's a family tradition, really. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, maraleia said:

Joy is in for a world of horrible because her in-laws are even more controlling than her parents.

Joy's future in-laws do appear to be quite looney.

On 3/6/2017 at 2:34 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:
On 3/6/2017 at 2:02 PM, Sew Sumi said:

WTH are a barely engaged couple going to contribute to a MARRIAGE retreat? WTAF?

I can see them going for encouragement and support and getting marital advice, but giving it???

They'll probably talk about their godly courtship & engagement, where they don't hold hands, give frontal hugs, or kiss until their wedding day. How they're held accountable by having chaperones and never being alone together...blah, blah, blah...we've heard for how many Duggar courtship->engagement->wedddings?

• Love 5

Maybe Austin & Joy will give tours of "The Rock" where their courtship & engagement started.  They could even make some bucks by charging for a courtship or engagement happening there: "You too can start your courtship where Joy Duggar & Austin Forsyth started theirs"  kind of thing.  They could also sell T-shirts or ball caps with "We got engaged at the Rock" on them.  Oh the possibilities......

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Nysha said:

They'll probably talk about their godly courtship & engagement, where they don't hold hands, give frontal hugs, or kiss until their wedding day. How they're held accountable by having chaperones and never being alone together...blah, blah, blah...we've heard for how many Duggar courtship->engagement->wedddings?

And the Duggars probably think that, if we hear it enough, we'll all start doing things their way. ....

.It's their mission to change the world like that. 

Jim Bob lost control with Jinger and Jeremy's courtship.  They were MUCH more liberal than any of the other duglings in regards to physical contact prior to engagement.  And he couldn't do a damned thing about it.  It was SO OBVIOUS that it bothered the crap out of him (as evidenced by his verbal slams to Jeremy about his apartment and ability to provide for Jinger's thrift shopping habit.  

I think that Joy and Austin's courtship is JB's redemption in the world of utter control.  Austin won't buck JB's authority over the relationship the way Jeremy apparently did.  He wouldn't know how to!  And Joy appears to be a blind follower.  She will do whatever JB tells her to do.  Because headship.  So this would be JB's golden opportunity to truly control this relationship from ground zero.  

• Love 8

I find I REALLY don't give a single fuck about their courtship. None. Not one. For all the others I had at least a passing interest, this, no.

Get married, break up, breed, whatever. It's not interesting. Terrifying of course, but not interesting.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

I find I REALLY don't give a single fuck about their courtship. None. Not one. For all the others I had at least a passing interest, this, no.

Get married, break up, breed, whatever. It's not interesting. Terrifying of course, but not interesting.

I agree I am bored to tears with all the "courtships" especially this one they are both dull and boring IMO.

• Love 8

It is. And there's no girl left now for quite a few years. No one wants to marry their sons, small wonder.

I can't even be bothered to look at their photos. They are just so dull, so uninteresting, so.....meh.

• Love 4
(edited)
23 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

I agree. Joy and Austin are boring and there's absolutely nothing about their interactions that let's me know this marriage wasn't 100% arranged by the fathers. At least with Josh, Jill, Jessa and Jinger I felt they wanted to get married and shared a mutual attraction to their spouses. Joy and Austin are trying hard to sell it, but it's not working. One of the phrases they keep using over and over is "excited to get to know one another better." I thought they'd been besties for years and that's why they didn't need a long courtship? Come on Duggars, at least keep your lies straight. This whole thing stinks and Joy is too dumb to realize she's the sacrificial lamb being used to keep the Gravy Train rolling.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Joy and Austin are boring and there's absolutely nothing about their interactions that let's me know this marriage wasn't 100% arranged by the fathers. At least with Josh, Jill, Jessa and Jinger I felt they wanted to get married and shared a mutual attraction to their spouses. Joy and Austin are trying hard to sell it, but it's not working. One of the phrases they keep using over and over is "excited to get to know one another better." I thought they'd been besties for years and that's why they didn't need a long courtship? Come on Duggars, at least keep your lies straight. This whole thing stinks and Joy is too dumb to realize she's the sacrificial lamb being used to keep the Gravy Train rolling.

TLC  will need a lot of footage of Jessa and Jinger to keep this season alive. Jill and Joy drain the series. Wake up TLC, you must change the way this show is produced.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Do these girls have the slightest idea what to expect on their wedding night?

Hopefully now that the married sisters are "in the know", they will give the engaged a few heads up on what to expect.

12 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Do these girls have the slightest idea what to expect on their wedding night?

I'm not sure what they know. They may have been given some talking to from married sisters, mother, church pre marital education. But I'm sure the idea of having their most personal, intimate place invaded must be frightening on some level. The first few times are uncomfortable, particularly if being manhandled by a dolt that doesn't know much more than the nervous bride, particularly when Lego is used to demonstrate .

Though I respect abstinence and purity, and would never mock someone's choice to do so, the thing I find so squicky about how the Duggars do this is that we all know their "business" and details about their lives that I wouldn't dream of asking anyone I actually know.

• Love 10

There are a lot of religions that promote chastity and everybody figures it out. There is so much discussion about Michelle and fertility that there is no way they didn't absorb the gist of physical relationships. Plus, the girls would talk among themselves. Well, maybe not to Jana, but to an engaged girl I think they would tease her etc. We are also seeing some friendships (for example Jana fixing a bathroom or staying up on election night), those girls are going to chat among themselves. Nobody starts off experienced, and I'm not getting any sense of fear from the brides. Jill, Jessa and Jinger were ready to get it on! haha. Joy and Austen are young and healthy and even though she doesn't seem to be swooning over him, she doesn't seem repulsed by this guy.

• Love 4