Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The dress looks loose and poorly tailored. If you look at recent Instagram pics, Joy is noticeably thinner than she was in the past.

It really shows in her face. She never had that sort of sharp jawline before a couple of months ago.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That video, blah, blah, blah, burden has been lifted....."Watch our wedding episode on June 12th."

Videos from parents and grandma http://duggarfamily.com/duggar-news?ID=1e279027-e646-4f46-bc55-8afa4f1b78c7

If you'd like to avoid being counted as a fan on the Duggar blog, here are the links to the videos for wedding messages from the families:

Michele and Jim Bob:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcO3MXxJvm0

Jessa and Ben:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rYzoqQ_iXE#t=3.463794

Austin's parents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHBIsJ_BBjQ

Grandma Mary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q44zqhg0ky8

• Love 1
14 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I think it's more like a span of 3 hours.... they don't hang around for real receptions.   There's sex to be had!!!

And babies to be made!  Jill's honeymoon knock-up record can be beaten!

• Love 3

Looks like Kendra was a bridesmaid. Jessa's dress is identical. 

Just now, RedheadZombie said:

And babies to be made!  Jill's honeymoon knock-up record can be beaten!

Jill got knocked up a couple days after they returned home. Per her due date and Instagram, Jenni spent the night when Izzy babby was formed (I know some of you will get that). 

• Love 1

We got the silver suit, but with a white shirt.  Michelle must have liked the praise she got for the dress she wore to Jinger's wedding as we have another lace number in navy.  Grandma Mary seems to me to have a had a rare miss on her dress.

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The wedding gown reminds me of a communion dress, even the veil.  ( I haven't seen a full length picture yet) Not that it's a bad thing, but it does. I thought Joy would go less formal. Are there pics out of the wedding party?

Maybe Joy's just a person who isn't interested in shopping for fancy floor-length white dresses, so she just went with the first one that her pack largely thought was okay and called it a day. 

• Love 8

The bridesmaids' dresses look like something they got in the juniors section at Target. Jinger's hair actually looked nicely done for once but this whole wedding just has a careless and slap dash feel. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

You also have to remember she had virtually no time for alterations. Three months is like ten minutes for people that alter wedding dresses for a living. I got married six months after my husband proposed (we had dated, oops, courted for a year and a half) and the dress alterations people were in crisis mode getting my dress done. It looked wonderful, but only because I came out to get fitted and re-fitted many times in the span of six months. If Joy only came out once for a fitting, I'm not surprised it looks ill-fitting. 

All the more reason to get your dress in, you know, a nearby town rather than states away. I'm sure there are perfectly fine dress stores and alterations folks in Northwest Arkansas. Yet another way in which the show makes their lives ridiculous. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The bridesmaids' dresses look like something they got in the juniors section at Target. Jinger's hair actually looked nicely done for once but this whole wedding just has a careless and slap dash feel. 

Pics! 

• Love 2

Joy looks pretty. I like the sleeves on her dress. Her husband should have chosen a different color suit; that blue is hideous.

I'm not really surprised that she married so young, considering that she's one of Jill's "kids". I don't know why, but her getting married doesn't bother me as much as it should. Maybe because I grew up in a military community where there were a lot of young wives, so it doesn't seem so out of sorts. At this point I just don't care. She's obviously not cut out for higher education. If she wants to be married and have a bunch of her own kids instead of raising her siblings and nieces and nephews, so be it. I haven't watched the show much over the last year, so I don't know that much about her or her new husband. She's still getting out of "jail" at a younger age than her sisters. It's not college or backpacking across Europe, but she probably knows this is the only way to get out of the house. Maybe she'll be another Jinger and assert some independence as she grows up and figures out what she wants out of life. 

• Love 3

OMG!  Bin actually looks nice - though dressed too old for his age.  Dericks dressed pretty nicely for him too.  The dresses look VERY simple, and WTH is in Jill's ears?!? All the girls look like they just got up and did the very basic grooming to themselves.  Jinge doesn't look preggers, though Joy's dress poofs out so much, it looks like she might be!

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don't know how to link these to you tube instead of the Duggar page, sorry.

The married siblings (minus Josh) congratulate Joy and Austin

http://www.duggarfamily.com/duggar-news?ID=e26c8bd8-7253-4dd7-8e43-1a8021a13afe

When you click to play the video, a youtube icon will appear at the bottom on the right.  Click on that and you will be taken directly to the youtube page where the video is posted there.  Then, just copy the youtube URL that appears on your browser.

Jinger and Jeremy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDHEGzWNI1Q

Jill and Derick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LfNz5I7-Ig#t=1.289862

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Mollie said:

When you click to play the video, a youtube icon will appear at the bottom on the right.  Click on that and you will be taken directly to the youtube page where the video is posted there.  Then, just copy the youtube URL that appears on your browser.

Jinger and Jeremy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDHEGzWNI1Q

Jill and Derick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LfNz5I7-Ig#t=1.289862

Thank you.

Tried to do it and link Ben and Jessa's. No YouTube icon. Perhaps because I'm on a tablet? This thing isn't very cooperative! 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
(edited)

You can also go directly to the Duggar Family You Tube page to  bypass the blog entirely. They always post these videos there  as well.

20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Not sure why this box won't go away. ?

Edited by Sew Sumi
9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That "property of the Duggar Family. Use with permission" caption across the photo pretty much sums up Joy's life. 

True, and translation = "so thrilled we married off another one without her having a chance to live in sin AKA get a real education, wear pants, have friends, have sex, have an independent thought, realize she's brainwashed and will actually need to have a real source of income at some point in her life, blah blah blah." 

I guess Austin has written permission now since Joy is his property.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Pics! 

I haven't seen any full length pics, I was just judging based on what I saw in the videos. There definitely wasn't a hair and make up person like they had for Jinger's wedding, that's for sure.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The wedding gown reminds me of a communion dress, even the veil.  

I had a similar dress for Catholic communion.  Oh the horror, (said in Dr Smith's voice from Lost in Space), she looks like an evil Catholic!!!

• Love 1

Hannie is Josh's twin. When did that happen? She also looks miserable. I guess she got her orders that childhood is over and she's officially a Sister-mom/slave/nanny/maid. Hang in there kid, only six or seven more years until you can marry for freedom too!

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like Famy made it to the wedding. 

What the hell is he wearing? Houndstooth, polka dot and ... popcorn?

14 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Jason is going for the Dr Frasier Crane in Cheers look. Balding and bearded. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Something about "y'all". 

It is impossible for me to distinguish most of the boys. They all have a similar hair color, face shape, names that start with J (obviously), and interchangeable personalities because we know nothing about them at this point. Even most of their voices sound similar to me. Honestly, I didn't understand that they had this many boys until they decided to make an excessive amount of congratulations videos all reiterating the same thing. I remember thinking, "Is there a James?" 

Things don't bode well for JB and the TLC gravy train he is so desperately clinging onto if the boys all have the same dull, interchangeable personality and people have far less interest in them than the girls, now that basically all of the older ones are married.

Edited by SnarkyShark
minor grammar errors
  • Love 7
(edited)

Dude's wearing four prints! 

And where's the message from Precious Miracle? Was she also a bridesmaid, or was she relegated to flower girl again? 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I'm curious if Austin and Joy her all the People Magazine money or if it goes into "Boob's" Duggar Family account where only he had control and will give them a monthly pittance like the other married children?

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Hannie is Josh's twin. When did that happen? She also looks miserable. I guess she got her orders that childhood is over and she's officially a Sister-mom/slave/nanny/maid. Hang in there kid, only six or seven more years until you can marry for freedom too!

Hannie and Jenni are so stunning! When did Hannie get so tall? I used to think Jenni was gunning for Jessa's "Prettiest Daughter" title, but I think Hannie is giving her a run for her money. They also have twin looks of boredom at the entire thing. My new favorite Duggar kids right there.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Hannie and Jenni are so stunning! When did Hannie get so tall? I used to think Jenni was gunning for Jessa's "Prettiest Daughter" title, but I think Hannie is giving her a run for her money. They also have twin looks of boredom at the entire thing. My new favorite Duggar kids right there.

The Littles, minus Josie, are definitely better looking than the J'Slaves were at that age. As long as they can escape the Duggar Puberty Curse, they're going to be beautiful as adults.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ripley68 said:

OMG!  Bin actually looks nice - though dressed too old for his age.  Dericks dressed pretty nicely for him too.  The dresses look VERY simple, and WTH is in Jill's ears?!? All the girls look like they just got up and did the very basic grooming to themselves.  Jinge doesn't look preggers, though Joy's dress poofs out so much, it looks like she might be!

I get the impression the bridesmaids were allowed to choose their own jewelry, based on Jill's giant earrings and Hannie's and Jenni's necklaces.

I think Joy looks about as happy as she's capable of looking.  She's never matched her name, nor has any aspect of her personality been able to emerge.  Until now, she's always kind of blended into the background with the boys for me.

And I would absolutely buy that they got that dress from a thrift store or borrowed it from somebody.   

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Unfiltered photo of the "happy" couple 

Joy and Austin's hold of each other's right hand... now that's some tight hand sex. I feel disturbed and defrauded.

• Love 15
(edited)

I will say that it's good to see that Jinger doesn't appear to be visibly knocked up yet.  That bodes well for her having a slightly more normal first year of marriage than any of her siblings so far.    

Maybe she'll advise Joy to do the same.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Unfiltered photo of the "happy" couple 

To whoever it was who likened Austin to the love child of Voldemort and David Archuletta upthread, I totally cannot unsee that now!!

5 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Joy and Austin's hold of each other's right hand... now that's some tight hand sex. I feel disturbed and defrauded.

Really...I think the circulation to his fingers is cut off...they seem to be turning blue. Wonder if that's the only thing?

• Love 4

I'm trying to understand why Joy wore longer sleeves, and the bridesmaids wore navy, long-sleeves dresses at a late May wedding. In Arkansas, it is summer already. They look like they're getting married in November!

also, I don't like joy's sleeves. They look frumpy, and like someone would have worn in 2001. Jinger's dress materials looked cute and modern, but joy looks like her sisters just grabbed something off the sale rack at the thrift store, and she didn't care enough to say anything. I bet her theory is "I hate all dresses, so I'll just get whichever one fits me first." Poor, poor joy. 

• Love 5

Jill's earrings!  So big for such a conservative dress!  And what was that lacy thing on her arm?  Was it a lace stole or something?

I didn't listen, just watched each video for a moment.  Did I miss anything important?  (LOL!)

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Jill's earrings!  So big for such a conservative dress!  And what was that lacy thing on her arm?  Was it a lace stole or something?

I didn't listen, just watched each video for a moment.  Did I miss anything important?  (LOL!)

I actually liked her earrings. I like big earrings like that, ESPECIALLY since the dress is so plain. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

If they have a baby, I hope they name him John. Then he can be John Forsyth. I doubt they've heard of Dynasty.

Or they could name him Pendleton Forsyth and just call him Jughead to keep up the J names.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I'm trying to understand why Joy wore longer sleeves, and the bridesmaids wore navy, long-sleeves dresses at a late May wedding. In Arkansas, it is summer already. They look like they're getting married in November!

also, I don't like joy's sleeves. They look frumpy, and like someone would have worn in 2001. Jinger's dress materials looked cute and modern, but joy looks like her sisters just grabbed something off the sale rack at the thrift store, and she didn't care enough to say anything. I bet her theory is "I hate all dresses, so I'll just get whichever one fits me first." Poor, poor joy. 

Well, it only matters if she cares, seems to me. And since she seems not to care and not to even notice, I expect it's just fine. I have a hard time imagining Joy ever being concerned that frou frou lace on her white dress didn't look good. When she looks at the pictures in years to come, she probably won't even see the problems that other people see with it. I can't really imagine that Joy's going to be a woman who's going to worry that her wedding pictures don't show pristine fashion. I doubt she'll even think to show people pictures of her dress after a bit of time has passed. Or maybe even right now. I think she's more likely to show pictures of the "bachelor/bachelorette party" out on the ridge. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like Famy made it to the wedding. I guess it's cool as long as she doesn't run into Uncle Boob. 

What's the matter, Amy?  Couldn't you get a single Duggar to pose with you or even take your picture?  That's four Duggar daughters weddings and still no bridesmaid dress for you!!  Snark Snark

• Love 2