Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Yep, that's the show.  I would so go there if I  didn't live on the other side of the country.  Moll and her business partner appear to really know their business!

California (Los Angeles) has Wizard of Bras.  They carry many of the same lines, do alterations, and custom work.  

Although even a perfectly fitted bra would not have made that dress look good on Joy.  Some things just don't go together.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Although even a perfectly fitted bra would not have made that dress look good on Joy.  Some things just don't go together.

That is absolutely true. The design of that dress makes anyone look bigger on top than they are.

• Love 4

I don't know if Nordstrom has stores in AR, but they have expert bra fitters.

My boobs have always been big.  In the 80's, it wasn't easy to find a nursing bra that fit, let alone that was supportive.  

That Pearl shit is frightening.  No wonder I find Austin scary.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

The Forsyths are followers and supporters - and perhaps friends - of the Pearls. IMO the Pearls are evil child abusers. And IMO that relationship with the Pearls is incompatible with being "very good, nice" people. ETA: Michael Pearl was just at the Fort Rock Family Ranch - https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggar-child-abuse-153696 and https://whynottrainachild.com/2013/07/08/duggars-pearls/ (scroll down to see an exchange of messages in which one of the Forsyth kids says their parents used the Pearls' methods raising them and it's all hunky-dory, which leads me to believe Austin will be a baby-beater too).

We have seen nothing to indicate that Nostrils is any different from his parents. I'm sure that he and Joy will keep all that stuff away from the TLC cameras, but maybe his sullen demeanor is because he feels put upon that he can't just let all that hang out, and that he's being forced into some kind of "political correctness" for the TLC show. I have no fucks to give, or patience to spare, for Pearl followers. Joy's headship is one of them. 

Well that is terrible and I sincerely hope not just A/J but all the kids brought up in this abuse will find a less terrible way themselves to parent.

• Love 1
(edited)

Austin made it pretty clear that he believed in Pearl's child-rearing ways, so I have no doubt that little Gideon is being treated as a manipulative sinner whose will must be broken. 

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Are you talking about the show Double Divas?  Because I loved that show.  And turns out their shop is close to me but I've never made it over there.  On my list.

I visited and met Molly :)

• Love 2

Oh my. I’m recalling a not so long ago post that described poor joy as barely sentient. Speaking in sentences is quite challenging for this young woman. 

• Love 13

Gideon is adorable! I cringed when I saw he was in a car seat and sure enough, she has no less than 200 comments mentioning that his clip is about an inch too low. “Don’t take a picture of your baby in a car seat” should be rule #1 when they finally get social media accounts. 

• Love 17
8 hours ago, awaken said:

Oh my. I’m recalling a not so long ago post that described poor joy as barely sentient. Speaking in sentences is quite challenging for this young woman. 

The apple doesn't fall far from the sister-mom tree.

• Love 8

Random question...why do your carseats have that clip? I live in europe and no clip, even in infant car seats. Just the belt. 

Just find it curious, unt that comments I didn't know if was a big deal

9 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Random question...why do your carseats have that clip? I live in europe and no clip, even in infant car seats. Just the belt. 

The clip is to hold the shoulder straps in place. Car seats these days are supposed to have a " 5 point harness", meaning one strap between the legs, two meeting at the waist and two coming down over the shoulders.

35 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

It's a regional thing.

"European standards require that child restraints be able to be released with a single motion, so chest clips are de facto illegal, not because they’re dangerous but because releasing a child from a harness with a chest clip requires the caregiver to unbuckle both the buckle and the clip.  European seats use other methods to position the harness correctly.  Often this involves large, rigid covers on the harness with a grippy backing that keep the harness from shifting. Australian standards also do not expressly disallow a chest clip, but car seat manufacturers down under, like European ones, do not habitually use a chest clip to keep the harness in position."

• Love 4
10 hours ago, awaken said:

Sad but true. She really struggled to say what had happened. How hard is it to say, "We have had a trailer tire blowout"? It was like watching a much younger kid trying to tell a story.

She said that this was the second tire blowout they've had recently. I think that her headship has been running his trailer(s) on crapped out tires that should have been replaced before they blew out. He's definitely tight with his money, which probably means he doesn't foresee a life made cushy by TLC money and further fame. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Giddy is not very cute.  Hope its just an awkward stage.  My brother was a fat and ugly baby (my mom has also said this), but started getting cuter once he was like 1.

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Love 3

Aw, I wouldn't call him ugly... he is kind of adorably awkward-looking, though.

I do recall all the "OMG, Henry is so ugly, I hope he gets cuter, poor kid is always going to be unfavorably compared to Spurgeon" comments on the Jessa thread during Henry's infancy, and he turned out OK... not that being a cute toddler guarantees anything later on.

• Love 6

He’s definitely what e call an anti-cute baby, but hey, all babies aren’t classically cute. He seems like a sweet baby though.  He’s always appears clean and properly dressed so there’s that.  And he has a few more rolls on his arms and legs than I thought.  He’s probably just long and lean and I hope there are no feeding problems affecting his weight since his parents may not have enough sense to visit the pedi clinic as recommended.  I don’t care what I think about you and your beliefs, no baby should suffer.  

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Sad but true. She really struggled to say what had happened. How hard is it to say, "We have had a trailer tire blowout"? It was like watching a much younger kid trying to tell a story.

Most of them seem to have a hard time forming sentences and using proper words when speaking, despite spending a significant portion of their lives speaking on camera. I think this really exemplifies the type of literature they have read (or not) and the lack of exposure to spoken language in the home growing up. It makes me sad for the example that children will be getting, unless some headships with more developed language skills steps in. 

My 7 yr old speaks with more clarity and conviction and uses better grammar and wider vocabulary than they do. 

• Love 19
11 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I do recall all the "OMG, Henry is so ugly, I hope he gets cuter, poor kid is always going to be unfavorably compared to Spurgeon" comments on the Jessa thread during Henry's infancy, and he turned out OK... not that being a cute toddler guarantees anything later on.

Aw, I always thought Henry was a cutie.  His grumpy baby face really appealed to me.

You are right, in that sometimes, cuteness isn't forever.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, awaken said:

Most of them seem to have a hard time forming sentences and using proper words when speaking, despite spending a significant portion of their lives speaking on camera. I think this really exemplifies the type of literature they have read (or not) and the lack of exposure to spoken language in the home growing up. It makes me sad for the example that children will be getting, unless some headships with more developed language skills steps in. 

My 7 yr old speaks with more clarity and conviction and uses better grammar and wider vocabulary than they do. 

Yes!  If you go back on YouTube and watch the siblings talk about Smuggars’ molestation and cheating , half of them can’t form sentences.  I mean I get there were upset but their tenses and phrasing was dreadful!

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think you overestimate Joy's cognitive thinking skills. 

After watching that video and seeing that Nostrils looked somewhat happy before Gideon was born, I'm wondering if Nostrils' problem is that he does not like having a baby in the house. He wouldn't be the first. 

• Love 9
On July 4, 2018 at 2:49 PM, lookeyloo said:

Yes.  I remember when they made a "bra" for  a goat who kept stepping on her udder.  And a girl with no arms.  Very interesting.  I don't know why I haven't been.  It isn't far.

Well she's showing the world she'll put her boy toy mail order groom before her children. I'm sure it's impacting her business. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Well she's showing the world she'll put her boy toy mail order groom before her children. I'm sure it's impacting her business. 

I am curious and I know it is off topic. Can you pm me details? Thanks 

21 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think almost all babies are cute so... yeah.  I also like that Gideon is a happy good-natured baby.  I think Sammy is the cutest second-generation Duggar, as something about his head shape just knocks me out; but Gideon seems an easy child and Joy probably won't know how lucky she is 'til she gets a cranky one.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Oh, me, too! Just saying the general consensus was not so much.

He looked so serious, at first, like he was really studying everything.  BinJess have two cute little guys, and Bin in particular, seems like an involved dad, which is nice.  I'm partial to #2 kids, being one myself :)

• Love 3

Why is Joy riding around with Austin pulling trailers? WITH a newborn/infant/baby? My husband is in construction and pulls trailers all the time. (Blow outs are common: think construction sites and lots of debris like nails) last place I would want to be with my baby. 

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, wait.what said:

Why is Joy riding around with Austin pulling trailers? WITH a newborn/infant/baby? My husband is in construction and pulls trailers all the time. (Blow outs are common: think construction sites and lots of debris like nails) last place I would want to be with my baby. 

She's joined the Forsyth family work force. I suspect that unlike the Duggars, who sleep late, and can operate on "Duggar time" because they are messing around with car and real estate "deals," the Forsyths work to a schedule. Well, if they run a guest ranch operation, they *have* to. They can't just operate on "Forsyth time" if they are hosting paying guests and events. I believe Austin has that work ethic that he brings to his house flipping, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's also expected to chip in and work at his parents' ranch. (Maybe not now that he's married, but the family ties seem strong.)

Joy may like getting out and about with Austin instead of hanging around the house. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Same...I don't know who this person is. 

Joy stuff: Maybe her allergies were bothering her at Joe's wedding so she wore glasses. I have to do the same thing (I'm also post-LASIK so I have all kinds of eye issues). 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Joy may like getting out and about with Austin instead of hanging around the house. 

That was my thought. People in this lifestyle don't like to be left alone and the size of their house seems like it would be a little clautrophobic. 

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Temperance said:

That was my thought. People in this lifestyle don't like to be left alone and the size of their house seems like it would be a little clautrophobic. 

Joy’s also well past the point where many new moms return to work. Even if it’s a family business, she’s entitled to work if that’s what she wants/needs to do.  Her baby is more than 4 months old.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 15
(edited)

If Joy had had proper prenatal care, it’s likely she would have known Gideon was breach. I hope the girls who marry into the family are smart enough to keep Jill and her medical things far away from their hoo-has. Lucky for Jinger, she’s hundreds of miles away or she’d likely be expected to use Jill’s... skills. (Not that I think Jeremy would let Jill within a ten foot radius of his wife and daughter, but distance is a polite excuse.)

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

A few years ago TLC had a program titled "Double Divas", which was about two business women who own a bra-fitting shop.  They are real experts, and the show was interesting.  They did actually make a bra for a goat who was having udder problems.  They made a bra for a woman who had no arms. They had other very interesting clients, as well as everyday women who need a good fitting bra.  Molly, one of the owners, is currently on the show "90 Day Fiance" because she decided to bring home the bar tender from her Caribbean vacation, and she is now in a mess.  Anyway, several women on the 90 Day Fiance board have said that they have been to this shop, and that they had an excellent experience.  Molly and her business partner are apparently the real deal when it comes to bra fitting, and they are extremely kind.

I hope this information is useful.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

A few years ago TLC had a program titled "Double Divas", which was about two business women who own a bra-fitting shop.  They are real experts, and the show was interesting.  They did actually make a bra for a goat who was having udder problems.  They made a bra for a woman who had no arms. They had other very interesting clients, as well as everyday women who need a good fitting bra.  Molly, one of the owners, is currently on the show "90 Day Fiance" because she decided to bring home the bar tender from her Caribbean vacation, and she is now in a mess.  Anyway, several women on the 90 Day Fiance board have said that they have been to this shop, and that they had an excellent experience.  Molly and her business partner are apparently the real deal when it comes to bra fitting, and they are extremely kind.

I hope this information is useful.

Very. Thanks. I did enjoy that show but missed the current Molly situation. 

• Love 1
On 2018-07-07 at 4:44 PM, Heathen said:

Same...I don't know who this person is. 

Joy stuff: Maybe her allergies were bothering her at Joe's wedding so she wore glasses. I have to do the same thing (I'm also post-LASIK so I have all kinds of eye issues). 

She was also pregnant at Joe's wedding, and all that biology can make contacts uncomfortable. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The Duggar girls seem to wear glasses when the mood fits. Their vision must be good enough to manage most of the time without glasses. I believe Joy was even laughing one time driving a sibling and saying she should have her glasses on. I'm guessing there would have been an episode or two that would have featured contacts if they wore them.

Edited by GeeGolly

When I’m pregnant my vision gets a lot more blurry.  My eye doctor gave me a “pregnancy” prescription and I bought a cheap pair of glasses online with it.  He said it was pretty common.  Joy was probably having headaches and the glasses made them go away.

• Love 4

I had a whole bunch of boring, lame housework to do this weekend, so I wanted something brainless in the background. Counting On it was.

And a year later, I honestly still cannot get over how insistent Joy was about leaving the reception early, and announcing to her 1k+ guests at the reception that they weren't going to stay very long. It's so FREAKING rude. I can't even. Listen, I get it. Everyone gets it. You want to bone. But they don't feed these people, then they don't bother to hang around long to talk to them. It's maddening. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, The Ascension said:

I had a whole bunch of boring, lame housework to do this weekend, so I wanted something brainless in the background. Counting On it was.

And a year later, I honestly still cannot get over how insistent Joy was about leaving the reception early, and announcing to her 1k+ guests at the reception that they weren't going to stay very long. It's so FREAKING rude. I can't even. Listen, I get it. Everyone gets it. You want to bone. But they don't feed these people, then they don't bother to hang around long to talk to them. It's maddening. 

Fundy wedding "receptions" aren't really about the bride and groom, they're about finding future Fundy spouses for all the single ones. They wouldn't even notice that the married couple is gone because they're too busy marking their territory before someone else does. Sadly, there are probably a few young teen girls eyeing future husbands to pray on, to see if that is who God will bring to them in His timing.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, The Ascension said:

I agree! It's weird because:

1. As modest as they are, she feels comfortable freely plotting her sexcapades in front of her parents?! I'm 30, not fundie, and I would never, ever want to talk to my parents about having sex, or allude to the fact that I'm about to!

2. Spend some time with your guests! Weddings are great because you get to see people you would rarely see otherwise. Sex can be done any time! And if they've waited this long, why not wait longer?

3. She was like, what, nineteen? It's getting more rare these days, but it's not super rare for a regular person to be nineteen and a virgin. She's not going to explode or anything! Now JD...I'll "get it" more at his wedding. ?

• Love 19
4 hours ago, The Ascension said:

I have always assumed that the reason many Catholic weddings are in the morning or early afternoon but the reception is hours later was to accommodate this.  The couple could have an hour or two to get to know each other in the biblical sense, and then join the reception.  I have attended more than one wedding at 11am with the reception at 5pm.  Pictures do not take that long even with a large wedding party.

• Love 1