Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have always assumed that the reason many Catholic weddings are in the morning or early afternoon but the reception is hours later was to accommodate this.  The couple could have an hour or two to get to know each other in the biblical sense, and then join the reception.  I have attended more than one wedding at 11am with the reception at 5pm.  Pictures do not take that long even with a large wedding party.

My first wedding (Catholic) was at 11 with the reception at 5. We barely made the reception and my mom was NOT happy. We took pictures and then a bunch of us stopped at one of my old haunts and did shots. 

• Love 6

I think they have Saturday evening masses and can have the church back to normal in time for it if they hold earlier masses. Also, let's be real, I'm sure the majority of couples in 2018 have already had sex by the time they get married. I think receptions with food and dancing, which is what our family does are in the evening.  So, wedding earlier, and then off  to the house to put "party" clothes on--different than wedding clothes, then in the evening  we're off to dinner and dancing!

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I agree! It's weird because:

1. As modest as they are, she feels comfortable freely plotting her sexcapades in front of her parents?! I'm 30, not fundie, and I would never, ever want to talk to my parents about having sex, or allude to the fact that I'm about to!

The Duggars lie so much, and their shows are so heavily scripted, how could we know what is reality and what isn't? 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Well we have seen them talk about kissing and their wedding night in front of their parents. 

Was that on one of their heavily scripted, professionally produced television shows? 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Was that on one of their heavily scripted, professionally produced television shows? 

It was on many of their professionally produced television shows. Although I would go with heavily prompted more than scripted. Not one of the Duggars is capable of following a script.

And I'm guessing if a producer suggested JB hump Michelle while playing mini golf, everyone present but JB would have objected. I think a lot of what they say and do is spontaneous.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It was on many of their professionally produced television shows. Although I would go with heavily prompted more than scripted. Not one of the Duggars is capable of following a script.

And I'm guessing if a producer suggested JB hump Michelle while playing mini golf, everyone present but JB would have objected. I think a lot of what they say and do is spontaneous.

I strongly disagree. Oh well. 

Mr. Six still maintains to this day, at 38, he was hatched.  That's the only way he could exist in today's world.

I got pregnant in 2007.  We were married nearly 5 years, and we were both more than ready to start our family.  I miscarried at a nearly 5 weeks.  When I told my parents, the first thing out of my dad's mouth was "well, we all know what you two did".  I was mortified!  I'm just grateful it was over the phone.  

As much of these people think sex is such a taboo word to even utter, that's all they focus on when a marriage occurs.  I hope they littles can learn that instead of being fruitful & multiplying, they can tell their spouse to make their own damn sandwich.  

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

I strongly disagree. Oh well. 

No worries. Different thoughts and opinions make this a lively and interesting board. Anyway, whenever we think we have these Duggars figured out a new surprise comes our way. And none of us really know anything for sure.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, sixlets said:

I got pregnant in 2007.  We were married nearly 5 years, and we were both more than ready to start our family.  I miscarried at a nearly 5 weeks.  When I told my parents, the first thing out of my dad's mouth was "well, we all know what you two did".  I was mortified!  I'm just grateful it was over the phone.  

Hello, Dad. How about some boundaries?  That’s something my dad would have said. 

• Love 5
(edited)

My dad, though he was mentally very acute up until the end, was also prone to some pretty inappropriate comments, and more so in his older years. I wish I could recall offhand some of the things he said to my daughter when she moved in with her boyfriend (now husband). They were living fairly close to my parents at that time while we were still far away, so it sort of fell to my daughter to keep up the family ties, as it were...Anyway, he was forever coming up with some sort of dig or innuendo. I do remember the time he told her that she had better hope things worked out between her and her boyfriend, otherwise who else would ever want a "used woman". It's really rather amazing that he managed to never alienate any of our kids. He had great qualities - outstanding, really, in a lot of ways, but he wasn't the easiest person out there to deal with sometimes. Way too opinionated and inflexible.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I'm 30, not fundie, and I would never, ever want to talk to my parents about having sex, or allude to the fact that I'm about to!

Me either, but have they deluded themselves so much that they forgot that sex can be for and is pleasurable?

I mean, in their world they might think about sex as not "oh hey, my daughter is about to get laid!" (which, ew if my parents ever dare to think) and more "yay, we'll have a new family member gestating tonight!".

Both are inappropriate, imo, but the latter is far less personal and icky than the former. They're all about the babiez, after all.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, McManda said:

Me either, but have they deluded themselves so much that they forgot that sex can be for and is pleasurable?

I mean, in their world they might think about sex as not "oh hey, my daughter is about to get laid!" (which, ew if my parents ever dare to think) and more "yay, we'll have a new family member gestating tonight!".

Both are inappropriate, imo, but the latter is far less personal and icky than the former. They're all about the babiez, after all.

I think  a lot of fundies believe  that God made man and woman  for each other . .to give each other pleasure . They read the Song of Solomon  which  talks about this  and is not exactly  p.g.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, McManda said:

Given how much emphasis they put on "desires that can/cannot be righteously fulfilled," it's probably safe to say that they do indeed acknowledge and condone the pleasure aspect of sex as long as it's between husband and wife. Producing the Jesus army is just another benefit. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Heavily prompted is a great description.  But I think things like the mini golf incident are all JB.  He really thinks he's hot stuff and he wants you to know it.

• Love 13

Delusional, if JB thinks he's all that.  Given that he's shaded Michelle for acting like a brazen hussy for supposedly having a sort of mainstream life, going to public school, dating and (oh shit!) even kissing another male, let alone being a bikini wearer, and he did none of that worldly stuff because he was too god-like, of course, his narcissistic self tells him that if she agreed to marry a pure specimen like himself, that he HAS to be the hottest, most sexy guy around.  Dream on.

• Love 4

My mom wants to start online dating again so I helped her set up a profile.  I asked what she was wanting and she said that at this stage of her life, she cared more for the relationship and bond rather than sex.

BYE MOM UR ON UR OWN.

• Love 7
On 7/9/2018 at 4:51 PM, zenme said:

I think they have Saturday evening masses and can have the church back to normal in time for it if they hold earlier masses. Also, let's be real, I'm sure the majority of couples in 2018 have already had sex by the time they get married. I think receptions with food and dancing, which is what our family does are in the evening.  So, wedding earlier, and then off  to the house to put "party" clothes on--different than wedding clothes, then in the evening  we're off to dinner and dancing!

I'm Catholic and my wedding was in the early afternoon and the reception began at 5.  I had no choice- if I wanted to get married in my church I had to pick the early afternoon time.  It was the only time they offered me.  The reason is what is stated above- they wanted us to be done with pictures and gone in time to clean prior to the first Saturday evening mass.  Generally the out of town guests use that time to go to the hotel and rest and get spruced up for the reception (we had a party bus take people from the hotel to the venue).  Local folks might go home and hang out for a few hours until the receiption.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

I'm Catholic and my wedding was in the early afternoon and the reception began at 5.  I had no choice- if I wanted to get married in my church I had to pick the early afternoon time.  It was the only time they offered me.  The reason is what is stated above- they wanted us to be done with pictures and gone in time to clean prior to the first Saturday evening mass.  Generally the out of town guests use that time to go to the hotel and rest and get spruced up for the reception (we had a party bus take people from the hotel to the venue).  Local folks might go home and hang out for a few hours until the receiption.

This is how our Catholic wedding worked as well. I think our wedding was at 2 and reception started at 5. Most guests went home or to their hotel. The ones who didn’t have anywhere to go hung out in the bar attached to our reception venue (at a golf club). My friends and family  are all heathens like me though. They watched the Cubs game that was on and got a head start before our open bar at 5.    The early wedding time is not ideal, but not that big of a deal.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Delusional, if JB thinks he's all that.  Given that he's shaded Michelle for acting like a brazen hussy for supposedly having a sort of mainstream life, going to public school, dating and (oh shit!) even kissing another male, let alone being a bikini wearer, and he did none of that worldly stuff because he was too god-like, of course, his narcissistic self tells him that if she agreed to marry a pure specimen like himself, that he HAS to be the hottest, most sexy guy around.  Dream on.

Oh, I'm sure he does. He got a cheerleader to marry him. A cheerleader. That's a huge ego boost. He can't stop bragging to everyone that he got a cheerleader to marry him and bragging about how many times he got her pregnant.    

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Oh, I'm sure he does. He got a cheerleader to marry him. A cheerleader. That's a huge ego boost. He can't stop bragging to everyone that he got a cheerleader to marry him and bragging about how many times he got her pregnant.    

Which is really a brag of how many times he boinked her. 

• Love 10
On 7/9/2018 at 3:34 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have always assumed that the reason many Catholic weddings are in the morning or early afternoon but the reception is hours later was to accommodate this.  The couple could have an hour or two to get to know each other in the biblical sense, and then join the reception.  I have attended more than one wedding at 11am with the reception at 5pm.  Pictures do not take that long even with a large wedding party.

Or, the entire wedding party drives their decorated cars all over town, honking their horns along the way to the two or three taverns they stop at before arriving late and drunk to the reception.  Many places, especially out in the country, don't start serving until 5, no matter what the event.  Makes a long wait for those who attend both the wedding and the reception, but the bar always opens at 4!    Not the way our wedding worked, but very typical of the rural weddings I've attended over the years.  

• Love 3

In the photos at the TTH who is the guy with the beard in the red and blue checked shirt or the guy with the glasses in white playing with his phone instead of listening to JB?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, graefin said:

People are saying the kid looks like his dad, and I actually don't think Austin is bad looking ("nostrils" and all), but good lord, poor child

OMG I burst out laughing.  It is a cute pose.  He seems so tiny!  I'm sure his head is normal size but it looks small here.  

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Anyone notice the fly paper hanging from the ceiling? I guess all the flies are coming from the garbage dump across from the TTH. 

F309C59C-128F-45E1-AC1E-5E2F04A698C7.jpeg

The trash without a lid under the counter probably isn’t helping.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Anyone notice the fly paper hanging from the ceiling? I guess all the flies are coming from the garbage dump across from the TTH. 

I'm sure with all the kids running around the house and probably outside, the house can easily fill up with flies.  I was at a cookout a couple of weeks ago in a much cleaner house than this, and the flies were horrible. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

F309C59C-128F-45E1-AC1E-5E2F04A698C7.jpegand

To be fair, there are times of year that it's impossible to keep flies out of the house...and it doesn't take living near a dump! We live across from a farm, and when the fields get fertilized it's probably every bit as bad! Flypaper is pretty nasty, and I'd certainly want to crop it out of the picture, but it is an efficient and chemical-free way to deal with flies.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Brown eyed girl said:

They really should just hang ziploc bags of water outside.  As a kid I laughed at my grandma for doing it, but it works like a charm. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Brown eyed girl said:

And that is why Josie wears tights during the Arkansas summer.

9 hours ago, McManda said:

In the photos at the TTH who is the guy with the beard in the red and blue checked shirt or the guy with the glasses in white playing with his phone instead of listening to JB?

The guy in the checkered shirt looks like Jed Duggar, he was sporting a beard at Josiah's wedding. Not sure about the other guy.

15 hours ago, graefin said:

People are saying the kid looks like his dad, and I actually don't think Austin is bad looking ("nostrils" and all), but good lord, poor child

I looked through the slide show.  Who has a baby named Duke?

(edited)
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I looked through the slide show.  Who has a baby named Duke?

The Gaines of Fixer Upper and Lauren's parents. Lauren's father is named Dwain and her mother is Lana. There's an unconfirmed speculation that all the boys have names that start with D and the girls all have names that start with L. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
On 7/19/2018 at 4:33 PM, Fuzzysox said:

If you stare at baby G long enough you can see a little of Izzy in him. Also he has Jessa's lips. 

He doesn’t know it because he doesn’t do social media, and well, he’s a baby, but he has the perfect Instagram pout.  

• Love 4
(edited)
On July 19, 2018 at 5:56 AM, Brown eyed girl said:

Ok, so in the above photo it's a bit cropped.  If you go to their IG account you will see the Swanson's off to the right.  Poor Ma Swanson is leaning on her husband like she's exhausted.  And let's face it - she had a baby like a month ago and her daughter just got married; she's probably running on fumes and according to the clock above the door it's either like 5 to 10 pm or 10 to 11 pm.  Add in the photo in their feed of the guy in the white shirt on the phone - his phone reads like 9:54 pm and there's an entire set of cupcakes yet to be dispersed.  Just another example of Duggar time.  They really have no concept of the rest of the world or any consideration for their guests.  Many of them, including some of their own children and grandkids, will need to drive 20-45 minutes to get home on dark roads and then get their kids bathed and changed and into bed.  They really are just an inconsiderate bunch who cares for nothing but themselves.  Now get off my lawn!

Edited by DragonFaerie
spelling is important
  • Love 19
13 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Ok, so in the above photo it's a bit cropped.  If you go to their IG account you will see the Swanson's off to the right.  Poor Ma Swanson is leaning on her husband like she's exhausted.  And let's face it - she had a baby like a month ago and her daughter just got married; she's probably running on fumes and according to the clock above the door it's either like 5 to 10 pm or 10 to 11 pm.  Add in the photo in their feed of the guy in the white shirt on the phone - his phone reads like 9:54 pm and there's an entire set of cupcakes yet to be dispersed.  Just another example of Duggar time.  They really have no concept of the rest of the world or any consideration for their guests.  Many of them, including some of their own children and grandkids, will need to drive 20-45 minutes to get home on dark roads and then get their kids bathed and changed and into bed.  They really are just an inconsiderate bunch who cares for nothing but themselves.  Now get off my lawn!

ED3BED24-211F-4AE9-9BA1-AD92DEE3D179.jpeg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, louannems said:

I think I spotted Anna wearing black Capri leggings, without a skirt or dress!

9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

ED3BED24-211F-4AE9-9BA1-AD92DEE3D179.jpeg

I don't know if this is the picture that was speculated to be Anna, but I think it's Mrs. Swanson. That being said, if it is Lana, that is unexpected that she is wearing capris instead of a skirt. I guess we don't know that much about the Swansons, but I thought they were a skirt- and dress-wearing family.

• Love 2