Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, floridamom said:

How are these pregnancy photos modest in any way? Posting them for the world to see certainly IS NOT in my opinion.  It's flaunting just to everyone that they had sex. No Bueno, in my book. If you're going to do things like this, and begin to wear shirts that are already two sizes too small, don't hide behind the Godly, modest, Jesus 'curtain' in life. They're hypocrites.

Of all the girls, Joy was one to always wear baggy shirts, pre-pregnant .  Once preggers, she quickly made the switch to skin tight to show off her blessing. And to prove that she righteously fulfilled her wifey duties!

• Love 17
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Of all the girls, Joy was one to always wear baggy shirts, pre-pregnant .  Once preggers, she quickly made the switch to skin tight to show off her blessing. And to prove that she righteously fulfilled her wifey duties!

How precious.  How neat.  How speshul that Joy has entered such a sweet season of life!

• Love 19
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:27 PM, GeeGolly said:

Even one of their 'best friends', pants wearing Bates looks more modest, in a sleeveless shirt, no less.

10933751_800820996655629_604864874682526

I don't know.  Alyssa posted a video with Kelly when the new baby was born.  She was wearing a short skirt and I felt a little defrauded by her struggles not to flash her crotch at the camera.

51 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Joy was knocked up at her wedding. I know honeymoon babies happen, but that's some seriously perfect timing, unless Joy was tracking her ovulation and planned her wedding around the date. 

Someone I knew told us that she read in woman's magazine right before the wedding that her wedding night was the most fertile day of her cycle. This was in the forties. She also said it was not uncommon in her family to have a baby nine months after the wedding. Her first child was born a few days before her nine months anniversary, and by days I mean less than a week before the anniversary. Their friends found this hilarious. 

My point is it's possible. 

I've given up trying to guess what's going on with Joy.  

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

unless Joy was tracking her ovulation and planned her wedding around the date. 

Joy seems still to admire Mommy and Daddy. I can imagine them advising, aiding, and abetting this. (dumbasses)  

Once you've spent a childhood tracking mom's fertility on the fridge chart, why not just plot out your cycles with mom, dad, and the TLC producers? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11

Her first child was born a few days before her nine months anniversary, and by days I mean less than a week before the anniversary.

Well, then, she was engaging in pre-marital hanky panky, because sperm meets egg 38 weeks before delivery : )   (Pregnancy is 40 weeks, because it is counted from the date of the last period, which should be 2 weeks before sperm meets egg). 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Well, then, she was engaging in pre-marital hanky panky, because sperm meets egg 38 weeks before delivery : )   (Pregnancy is 40 weeks, because it is counted from the date of the last period, which should be 2 weeks before sperm meets egg). 

Unless of course the baby was born a bit early, which does happen.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Quof said:

I don't think you're right. My story was that the woman conceived on her wedding night, and the baby was about a week early prior to her nine months anniversary. 

@doodlebug  We need your input. 

Also the baby wasn't nine pounds.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I don't think you're right. My story was that the woman conceived on her wedding night, and the baby was about a week early prior to her nine months anniversary. 

@doodlebug  We need your input. 

Also the baby wasn't nine pounds.

Not Doodlebug, but a nurse.  We do count pregnancy from the date of the first day of the LMP, which is usually around 14 days prior to ovulation. Ovulation is usually 10 - 14 days before implantation of the fertilized egg in the uterus, and it takes a couple of days for HcG levels to rise high enough to be detected on a home pregnancy test. So by the time a woman finds out she's pregnant, she's considered about 4 weeks along.

40 weeks is used as the guideline for the ideal length of pregnancy, but anything over 37 weeks is considered full term. The average month contains around 4.25 weeks. 9 months would therefore be 38.25 weeks. So if your acquaintance delivered one week prior to her anniversary, the baby would have been at about 37 weeks and two days gestation when he or she was born. That's not at all unbelievable. 

So yeah, it's possible she was telling the truth about the wedding night conception.

• Love 6
On October 21, 2017 at 3:27 PM, GeeGolly said:

Even one of their 'best friends', pants wearing Bates looks more modest, in a sleeveless shirt, no less.

10933751_800820996655629_604864874682526

Is Alyssa pregnant again too?!

7 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Joy turns 20. 

She looks 12 in that pic.

• Love 3

I find Austin's 'tribute' quite strange for a very newly married couple. His post states all of the things she does for HIM, but not what HE does for HER...it's her birthday, after all, isn't it?

Sounds like they're working and hunting buddies to me.

• Love 7

I am pretty sure Joy means "apart from me myself and I getting saved by Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, Austin is the best thing to have ever happened to me."  Not that Austin = her salvation.  That's heretic talk.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

They all keep saying she's "all grown up." NO SHE IS NOT FOR FUCK'S SAKE SHE IS 20.   She might be married and knocked up but that doesn't make her automatically a fully grown and realized person! ARGHHHHHH

20 with the emotional maturity of a 14 year old.

• Love 11

I always laugh when these fundies call their spouses the loves of their lives.  The term usually means that out of all your relationships, THIS one is the love of your life.  It would be more apt to say something like, you're my one and only.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, MamaMax said:

They all keep saying she's "all grown up." NO SHE IS NOT FOR FUCK'S SAKE SHE IS 20.   She might be married and knocked up but that doesn't make her automatically a fully grown and realized person! ARGHHHHHH

Good lord. She should be living in college housing, worried about her Econ grade and playing beer pong on weekends. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, queenanne said:

I am pretty sure Joy means "apart from me myself and I getting saved by Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, Austin is the best thing to have ever happened to me."  Not that Austin = her salvation.  That's heretic talk.

Austin wrote this post. I will stop here before I punch a wall. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Austin wrote this post. I will stop here before I punch a wall. 

Thanks, clearly I can't read.  I blame these confusing twinned Instagrams.  That's a married-fundie thing, right?  Not a general population thing?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

"Spiritual Encouager." Joy should have that put on business cards. 

You know, I wouldn't actually mind this description if they didn't say it about absolutely everyone in the Duggar household. 

It's hard for me to believe that in a crowd that size, everybody has turned out to be an "encourager." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

You know, I wouldn't actually mind this description if they didn't say it about absolutely everyone in the Duggar household. 

It's hard for me to believe that in a crowd that size, everybody has turned out to be an "encourager." 

But, doesn't that just sound like a fancy term for "everyone who mouths all the proper buzzwords by rote, toes the fundie party line, and continually reinforces our beliefs about how XYZ 'in and of the modern world' is just so evil by tutting aloud about how horrible it is?"  By that definition, Erin Bates is probably a "spiritual encourager", because she tuts about how evil and weird "people with green hair" are.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 11

Maybe I'm showing my own shallowness here,  but I was surprised that Austin's tribute to his wife didn't include any mention of his wife's attractiveness. I'm happy my husband loves me for my intellect,  but it's also important to me that he thinks I'm a hottie.  ? I don't mind Austin including all the spiritual stuff in the birthday post since that's what is expected in their world. But couldn't he have at least thrown in the word "pretty"? His post seems oddly passionless to me,  especially considering they're newlyweds. "Happy birthday,  Buddy!"

Edited by Portia
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Portia said:

Maybe I'm showing my own shallowness here,  but I was surprised that Austin's tribute to his wife didn't include any mention of his wife's attractiveness. I'm happy my husband loves me for my intellect,  but it's also important to me that he thinks I'm a hottie.  ? I don't mind Austin including all the spiritual stuff in the birthday post since that's what is expected in their world. But couldn't he have at least thrown in the word "pretty"? His post seems oddly passionless to me,  especially considering they're newlyweds. "Happy birthday,  Buddy!"

I'm torn between agreeing with you and appreciating that he didn't mention her appearance.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I'm torn between agreeing with you and appreciating that he didn't mention her appearance.

I hear you. I kept trying to think of his failure to mention her looks as a positive,  but it it just struck me as strange.  I've always been very insecure about my looks, so maybe that's coloring my perception.  

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I lean towards agreeing with Portia. Nothing wrong with someone thinking you're attractive. Nothing wrong with Austin not mentioning it either. The way I see it is that I, as a woman, would compliment a man on his appearance if I felt the urge to do so, so why shouldn't a man compliment me on my appearance?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

https://www.romper.com/p/will-joy-anna-duggar-go-to-college-the-mom-to-be-has-a-lot-of-big-decisions-ahead-of-her-3008971

I love when they said that they are parents. Sorry but you are not parents till one of you pops out a kid.

I agree with this, probably because I'm a superstitious old coot. When I go to baby showers, I won't give a card unless it says "to be" on it. I also just write "baby to be" on the envelope, even when they've already said what the name will be. (Yeah, I'm weird like that)

Edited by ChiCricket
Felt like it.
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I agree with this, probably because I'm an old superstitious coot. When I go to baby showers, I won't give a card unless it says "to be" on it. I also just write "baby to be" on the envelope, even when they've already said what the name will be. (Yeah, I'm weird like that)

No, there was a time that anything could happen and no one took it for granted.  It’s still considered premature in some countries to have a celebration until after the Baby is born or has reached a certain age.  So, no, you aren’t being weird.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

No, there was a time that anything could happen and no one took it for granted.  It’s still considered premature in some countries to have a celebration until after the Baby is born or has reached a certain age.  So, no, you aren’t being weird.

Baby showers here are always very soon (within a couple of weeks) after the baby arrives safely. The baby is the guest of honor and it saves the mom from having a 'meet the baby' event that she has to organize. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Baby showers here are always very soon (within a couple of weeks) after the baby arrives safely. The baby is the guest of honor and it saves the mom from having a 'meet the baby' event that she has to organize. 

That's very different to me. I have never been to an after the baby's born shower. :)

• Love 1