Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

It's pretty common for spouses to resemble each other so anyone that thinks it's weird that they look like each other or the duggar boys are marrying girls who look like their sisters you better look at your own partner lol   It's some sort of scientific thing where you're more attractive to similar features as yourself. 

And if you start looking at couples around you it's pretty true!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Normades said:

Not trying be mean, but Joy looks kind of rough in that picture above.  Maybe she's sleep deprived.  I hope she's okay.

I don't think she looks rough at all. She looks like her natural self, without all of the makeup, and I think she looks quite pretty to be honest.

• Love 20

Joy is married already?  That was quick.  Isn't she still a teenager?  Man they hustle things along.  I suppose she'll be a mother by this time next year.  How many Duaggar grandkids do there have to be before people just stop caring?

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

Joy is married already?  That was quick.  Isn't she still a teenager?  Man they hustle things along.  I suppose she'll be a mother by this time next year.  How many Duaggar grandkids do there have to be before people just stop caring?

How many are there now? (Rhetorical question)

Edited by EVS
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Okay, did Austin post this and mean to capitalize the H in "him" to refer to God's creation, or did Joy write this, referring to Austin, but autocorrect got her? I guess we'll have to see more posts before we know who's running this page (although it's under Austin's name only, which I find strange). Usually, it's the wives who do all the IG posts on shared accounts (see the Bateses). 

H is for Him as in God and ALSO as in Him Austin who is now Joy's Headship?

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

Does anyone even care now?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, gunderda said:

It's pretty common for spouses to resemble each other so anyone that thinks it's weird that they look like each other or the duggar boys are marrying girls who look like their sisters you better look at your own partner lol   It's some sort of scientific thing where you're more attractive to similar features as yourself. 

It is probably true for myself & MrXword.  When we were newlyweds over 40 years ago, our landlady mistook us for brother and sister!  We couldn't believe it, but we did have similar colored hair & eyes, just like these two.  

I've heard pets tend to look like their owners as well.  Not always of course, although we did have a cat who I thought looked like me!

• Love 2

My husband and I look nothing alike. And what if you are in an inter-racial marriage? Not much chance of resembling one-another. 

But JoStin? They really look like siblings. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

My husband and I look nothing alike. And what if you are in an inter-racial marriage? Not much chance of resembling one-another. 

But JoStin? They really look like siblings. 

A lot of it has to do with picking up mannerisms and facial expressions from each other. If you don't have particularly distinctive features and somewhat similar coloring things like that can go a long way, especially over time.

As for interracial couples and such, I've known a few individuals who reminded me strongly of people of a totally different ethnicity. If, say, the smile and general bone structure are similar, and they have a similar sort of "way" about them, it's quite possible to my eye.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Libby96 said:

One. There only had to be one before I stopped caring.

• Love 5

Well, this one was the first. It was also the first time I was absolutely grossed out by the Duggars. Before that, I just thought they were fundie weirdos. After this, I realized just how sick they really were. 

_MG_9960b.jpg

• Love 9

I would never ever ever want a photo of dual kissing, especially when the second couple was my parents. I don't get who thinks this is a great photo op.

I wouldn't even want a photo of my parents kissing, unless it was a specific special occasion. Like from their wedding, or my birth, or something noteworthy in their life. 

Sorry, birth of a grandkid isn't mom and dad's milestone. And "just thought mom was super hot in that moment and had to get some" definitely doesn't qualify.

• Love 10
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:07 PM, sigmaforce86 said:

Jeremy and Jinger said they spent a lot of time talking the first few days after the wedding 

I think it's wise to spend a lot of time talking before the wedding, but as the Duggars proudly proclaim they do things differently than the rest of us & divorce is not an option.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, this one was the first. It was also the first time I was absolutely grossed out by the Duggars. Before that, I just thought they were fundie weirdos. After this, I realized just how sick they really were. 

_MG_9960b.jpg

Major, major cringe. 

Only one duggar brother in that huge wedding party?

again, a private  Love note between the couple posted for the world to see.  To show their  kind of love is more pure and godly. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, just JD, it appears. I'm surprised that Joe wasn't included, as he and Austin are about the same age. And with all those guys, where's the picture with all the girls? With so many groomsmen, I have no doubt that Sierra and Carlin Bates were included in Joy's bridal party. 

eta: Found Carlin in pic #5, down the stairs a bit on the right. Erin Bates Paine appears to be seated in right side of pic #6. I assume she was the pianist. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, just JD, it appears. I'm surprised that Joe wasn't included, as he and Austin are about the same age. And with all those guys, where's the picture with all the girls? With so many groomsmen, I have no doubt that Sierra and Carlin Bates were included in Joy's bridal party. 

eta: Found Carlin in pic #5, down the stairs a bit on the right. Erin Bates Paine appears to be seated in right side of pic #6. I assume she was the pianist. 

It is strange about Joe since Kendra was a bridesmaid.

• Love 3

Hay stacks? And what were all the little trinkets hanging/raining down from the ceiling? And the placement of the wedding party?

The cake was nice.

I wonder if Joe and Kendra will have daffodils & tulips with pastel colors for their Fall wedding.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, McManda said:

Sorry, birth of a grandkid isn't mom and dad's milestone.

Well, see, you're forgetting who mom and dad are here. The birth of my grandkid is JB's and M's milestone. As is your sister's college graduation. Leonard Nimoy's nephew's 10th birthday. Bastille Day. Ramadan. Whose milestone is it? Jizm Bob's and Meeeechelle's!!!!!!!   Seriously.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hay stacks? And what were all the little trinkets hanging/raining down from the ceiling? And the placement of the wedding party?

The cake was nice.

I wonder if Joe and Kendra will have daffodils & tulips with pastel colors for their Fall wedding.

Looked like flower bunches to me. Combined with the elaborate candles and the window screen it reminded me of Hogwarts tbh. Not sure why there were so many floating things and so many up high too. Looked like they had planned a fall wedding and ended up with it happening in the early summer. I did like the general look of the wedding and the cake and stuff looked nice. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, awaken said:

Major, major cringe. 

Only one duggar brother in that huge wedding party?

again, a private  Love note between the couple posted for the world to see.  To show their  kind of love is more pure and godly. 

What a gross display of bullshit.

I wonder if Dipshit Derick grabbed Jilly and gave her a kiss like he did in Jessa's wedding?  Famewhorish to the max.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

Only one brother as a groomsman is weird to me too. Especially since it was not Joseph or Josiah. Josiah was her best friend until she grew up.  

It looks like Austin had his own horde of male relatives to be groomsmen, which is how it should be. I thought JD did a talking head stating he & Austin bonded over planes and stuff? Anyway, it sounded to me like Austin was closest to JD than to the other brothers. They might actually be friends as the rest of the world understands the concept, not just Duggar "I know your name, you must be my friend" concept.

• Love 7

I'm still convinced that Sierra and maybe at least one other girl from pictures from the after party were bridesmaids as well as the sisters and SILs, but they just keep sharing that one picture that doesn't include them. I don't know why this mystery bothers me!

• Love 4

Pickles has more pictures as well, including a close-up of the rings and I swear Austin got Joy's e-ring from a pawnshop. The band looks scuffed and worn and the diamonds have zero sparkle, like they're long overdue for a good cleaning. Someone needs to give these boys a lesson on buying jewelry.

• Love 3
On 6/7/2017 at 8:00 AM, gunderda said:

Slap some eyeliner on Austin and yeah, they look A LOT alike!

• Love 4

Agree.  It really does look like fall wedding colors.  

Maybe she likes dark colors, like I do.  I dislike pastel colors and like the dark jewel colors. 

I suspect they moved up the date of the wedding to make it fit with a TLC schedule. 

11 hours ago, lianau said:

And how many kids do they have now?

I counted 12 children, including the pregnant Jill & Anna. 

I did NOT count the girl next to Jessa because I don't know who she is.  Can anyone help?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I hate asking this, but why is Jill in a full length dress?

I'm guessing the length and doily sleeves are to honor/signify her role as Matron-of-Honor.

• Love 5

Here's a picture of Austin getting a gay kiss at the wedding.  I wonder what Jim Bob and Michelle had to say about that!  I don't imagine the Duggars thought it was very funny.

0 0 1 a gay kiss.png

50 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Agree.  It really does look like fall wedding colors.  

Maybe she likes dark colors, like I do.  I dislike pastel colors and like the dark jewel colors. 

I suspect they moved up the date of the wedding to make it fit with a TLC schedule. 

I counted 12 children, including the pregnant Jill & Anna. 

I did NOT count the girl next to Jessa because I don't know who she is.  Can anyone help?

The girl next to Jessa is Carlin Bates.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

It looks like Austin had his own horde of male relatives to be groomsmen, which is how it should be. I thought JD did a talking head stating he & Austin bonded over planes and stuff? Anyway, it sounded to me like Austin was closest to JD than to the other brothers. They might actually be friends as the rest of the world understands the concept, not just Duggar "I know your name, you must be my friend" concept.

I disagree. My aunt went to a wedding where the sister of the groom was one of the groom's attendants and not the brides. Our society traditionally separates by gender on the big day. If someone is as important to Joy as Josiah then the traditional way to mark their relationship is to make him a groomsman. The idea that only women are important to the bride and only men are important to the groom may fit the Duggars' beliefs, but doesn't gel with the rest of the world and most weddings I have been to opposite gender siblings were included  in the other person's wedding party (not just friends of the groom).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I disagree. My aunt went to a wedding where the sister of the groom was one of the groom's attendants and not the brides. Our society traditionally separates by gender on the big day. If someone is as important to Joy as Josiah then the traditional way to mark their relationship is to make him a groomsman. The idea that only women are important to the bride and only men are important to the groom may fit the Duggars' beliefs, but doesn't gel with the rest of the world and most weddings I have been to opposite gender siblings were included  in the other person's wedding party (not just friends of the groom).

It's not that new either. My sister was an attendant for my brother in 1987. 

• Love 2

I feel like their wedding parties are getting exponentially larger with each wedding (too lazy to go back and count to confirm). But that makes sense that they would, as more get married, you have more significant others that for some reason must be included. And then thinking of what age the grandkids will be at the point of some of the weddings, so will have to start throwing them in too. Josie will probably have about 48 bridesmaids in her wedding party.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

Here's a picture of Austin getting a gay kiss at the wedding.  I wonder what Jim Bob and Michelle had to say about that!  I don't imagine the Duggars thought it was very funny.

0 0 1 a gay kiss.png

The girl next to Jessa is Carlin Bates.

The look on JD's face cracks me up! I wonder if JD being a part of the wedding party is the fact he is second oldest Duggar son in line, and we all know Josh cannot be part of the wedding party because he is a major creep.

2 hours ago, Lunera said:

I wonder why the girl behind Jessa in the top photo is not included in the bridesmaids photo 

And she's holding a basket. It appears Austin had his grandpa as a groomsman. Could she have been a flower girl? And speaking of flower girl - no Josie.

• Love 3