Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Scream Again

Years after the murderous events at Kappa House, Dean Munsch purchases an abandoned hospital under the guise of fixing the healthcare system in America. After recruiting surgeons, Dr. Brock Holt and Dr. Cassidy Cascade, as well as medical student Zayday Williams, the Dean shocks everyone when she enlists the services of the disgraced Chanels to join the ranks at the teaching hospital. Meanwhile, secrets from the hospital’s past begin to reveal themselves and a new killer surfaces.

I love this stupid little show. 

I love having the Chanel's back in my life, mostly number 3. I love her to the moon and back. Love that there was no mention of Grace or her Dad Oliver Hudson. Like, no one cares where they went. I don't like however that aside from the brief scene with Hester, Denise was MIA. ALSO, WHERE THE HELL IS CHAD? I want him and his golf hat on my screen, dammit! 

I don't really care about John Stamos or Taylor Lautner. I just don't. There aren't Chad Radwell and they never will be. 

Anyways, to the episode. Why was Zayday happy to see the Chanel's at first? She legitimately said, "I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU GUYS!" and hugged them all. Granted, like two scenes later she was all pissed about them not helping with the case and stuff, but still. And I guess, it's a moot confusion I am having since she hates them again by the middle half of this episode, I just don't understand. 

I also don't understand why we sat though a Lady Gaga music video. I like Lady Gaga too but really? 

Again back to the show, I'm sorry but I enjoy it. It's so not full of logical and I hope it stays that well, I want it to be cotton candy nothingness. "I look like a cancer patient!" "NO, you look like a large baby!"

I hate to say it, because everyone else is mean to her but I don't like Chanel number 5 either. She's annoying. 

The best part of this episode was the random music playing throughout. The killer playing Be My Baby and dancing around before jumping in and killing werewolf girl and chanel number 5 was AMAZING. Also, Bye Chanel number 5. 

I didn't really miss Hester. But like I said, I miss Chad.

• Love 4

It wasn't laugh out loud consistently, but the ghosting scene had me dying. Leave it to Emma Roberts to pull off a monologue about invisible poo. I'm kind of over the Chanel #5 is Ugly jokes, though.

I missed the opening credits so I may have screamed in joy when I remembered Kirstie Alley was in the cast this year. This show seems like it's totally in her wheelhouse. Also, I impressed myself by figuring out it was Cicely Strong under all that hair.

• Love 1

I missed this silly messed up show.  

I love the Chanels.  They are so very wrong and awful people but I just love them.  I hope #5 is ok.  I don't think the show would kill off an actual Channel during the first episode so my guess is she is.  

Kirustie Ally is so going to eat someone and u am so looking forward to that.

John Stamos and his magic hair...and apparently is ghost hand are a frat addition to the cast.

I love this so cery wrong and stupid funny show. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
Autocorrect went wild

This whole episode made me wish that the season had been set at the summer camp like initially promoted when the first season ended. I feel like most of the new characters, if tweaked, could've fit into that and would fit more into the overall Scream Queen aesthetic since summer camp is such a classic set-up for a horror movie more than a hospital.

• Love 4

Werewolf girl was so ridiculous after being "cured"! There's so much more you can DO with no hair than with too much hair! That said, the "makeover" the Chanels did did her no favors. And now she's gone I guess. (Dinner was ready, and that took precedent.) I was hoping they'd give Lautner more to do. If you ever get a chance to check out the English series "Cuckoo" that he is on, do so. His comic timing is spot on. I also loved the surgical gloves on the Chanel's ear muffs. This winter while I am awaiting my doctor I have to do that.

Best scene was Hester and Denise arguing over double jeopardy.  Liked the candy stripper,  Lautner added nothing, Zayday is the new Grace, the Chanel's seem  a little water down and I hope they don't focus too much on Stamos less is more sometimes.

Not sure of the incurable disease a week set up yet.

The set up was the exact same story as last year are we suppose to be wondering who the baby is? 

• Love 3

It wasn't as good as last year's first episode- WHERE WAS CHAD?- But.. I don't know. Nothing about this show is logical and that is fine, it's why I enjoy it. It takes itself not serious at all and that's how I like my Scream Queens. I don't know. I don't really like Chanel number 5 very much. I feel bad that all of the jokes are about her weight and appearance and maybe that's why she kind of bugs me? Like.. come up with something new. That's the one thing I wish would change about this show. I'd probably like her more if they came up with something new to add to this character.

• Love 1

The scene between Denise and Hester was definitely the funniest part--also the most satisfying in that it reverses last season's finale and establishes that Denise was much smarter, and Hester much dumber then was previously stated.  I would have watched a whole hour of that.   Staging the confession to look exactly like Brendan Dassey's videotaped interview was an interesting choice but I don't think I really like it, seems kind of callous given that he is actually innocent. 

The rest of the episode wasn't very good, and a lot of the characters felt very off.  I do like the two new doctors.  It looks like Kirsti Alley's nurse was actually the pregnant woman in the flashback, and her scapegoating of the Chanel's is of course in line with Hester's targeting of them instead of the actual perpetrators of the original crime.  If Chanel #5 is really dead, that would be a strong statement. The new background story is thin and repetitive, which may be meant as a meta statement on how sequels are never as good as the original, but bad tv shows still get cancelled.  Is that really the only time we'll see Jerry O'Connell? 

• Love 1

I love this show. While I don't think it was as outrageous as the first premier I also don't really expect it to be. Lautner didn't add a whole lot right now but stamos is probably considered the bigger name (which I agree with) so today makes sense, at least for one episode in. And is his name really Cassidy Cascade? That's hysterical. 

I still can't tell chanel 3 & 5 apart. 3 is earmuff girl, right?

I wouldn't be sad if #5 is really dead not because I don't like the character, but because I'm so tired of how she's treated and that she just takes it, but I doubt she's dead already. That would leave just the two Chanel's and would really screw with the dynamic.

I need Chad and Denise. They were easily the best thing about last season for me. I could care less if I never ever had to see Hester again. I really can't stand Leah Michelle and do not at all get the hype. She's proven to be no better an actress than any of the others, I'd put her on par with Emma Roberts easily, and that's not really a complement. lol

• Love 3

I know this is a Ryan Murphy show so it seems masochistic to even dwell on this, BUT...parts of this seemed very rushed, unlike a first episode of a new season, when you assume that's the one they actually spend time thinking out and plotting. You have one scene where Chanel announces they're going to pull an all nighter and figure out werewoman's problem...then the next scene she's abandoned that out of boredom and figures it out with John Stamos, using only dialogue (no interstitial scene) to show the Chanels even attempted? And the hospital's backstory was too ridiculous to have any creep factor whatsoever. I get they're sort of doing a Halloween 2 thing with the hospital setting (including the woman in the hot medical bath, though Michael Myers boiled his victim)...but it makes zero sense. They have a full staff but have had only one patient? How did she even pay? Dean Munsch did this with her publishing earnings? I don't think books pay THAT much these days... (i know, this is a fool's errand I'm on.)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I need Chad and Denise. They were easily the best thing about last season for me.

I was on Chad watch all episode and was sorely upset he didn't even make a flashback appearance. The teaser for the upcoming season made me feel a bit better.

My dream is for Chad to have gotten back together with Denise and he's the Boy Friday to her Special Agent Denise Hemphill. How great was it that Denise not only graduated and got her badge but cracked the Red Devil case and outwitted Hester? They've set her up as a worthy adversary. ZayDay better watch her back.

I miss having characters like Boone and Ariana Grande's Chanel. They were splashy and obvious cannon fodder, but seriously Boone/Chad's bedroom scene and AG's Chanel's death were where you got great unexpected moments of absurd comedy.  Also I just liked Boone.

Not feeling Green Dragon Swamp Monster. The Red Devil had a great look and was perfect as a season 1 villain on a school campus.

I will say Chanel starting to let the nasty quips fly towards the end was nice. She was too tame and restrained from being down on her luck. Chanel is best when she's on top looking down on others/threatened and ready to lash out.

Edited by TobinAlbers
Because it's Ariana not Ariadna.
  • Love 1

Yeah, I'm agreeing with everyone who said that this premiere felt off. I know there were still some absurd moments, but it honestly felt very....tame? All of the characters felt very off. 

I wasn't the biggest fan of Denise last season, but I found that her small appearance made the premiere for me. I'm going to really miss seeing her more on this show. 

With Chanel #3 and Chad being my favourites, my disappointment rose with no Chad and only a few select lines from Chanel #3. 

New docs don't impress me, although the actors are good. Their stories for being at the hospital felt super tame as well. Season 1 would have had much wackier reasons for the reasons why they are the way they are, and Brock Holt definitely would have had a more obscure reason for his hand injury that doesn't involve a garbage disposal. 

I've never liked Chanel, as I dislike Emma Roberts, so I wasn't impressed by her performance. Although seeing Kristie Alley's character up against Chanel made it very satisfying. I liked Creepy Nurse a lot. Kristie Alley definitely hit the right spots, and I'm also guessing that she was the pregnant woman (although is that too obvious?). Now, is this going to be another season of "Guess Who The Baby Is"? 

Chanel #5 is probably not dead, although it'll be interesting to see why Green Goblin spared her, or he/she got spooked away. But as much as Chanel #5 annoys me, Chanel's hatred for her annoys me more so I'd totally love if Chanel #5 got offered to join the Green Goblin and she tortures Chanel later on in the season. That would be quite satisfying. Then the show can kill her off. I'd just like to see her exact her revenge before falling into a tub of acid or something. 

I think this is a season I might have to binge watch a few episodes at a time.

2 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

I love this show. While I don't think it was as outrageous as the first premier I also don't really expect it to be. Lautner didn't add a whole lot right now but stamos is probably considered the bigger name (which I agree with) so today makes sense, at least for one episode in. And is his name really Cassidy Cascade? That's hysterical. 

I still can't tell chanel 3 & 5 apart. 3 is earmuff girl, right?

Right. Chanel #3 is Princess Leia Jr. and Chanel #5 is Little Miss Sunshine.  

I turned it on at 9:00 and watched about 15 minutes before I got bored and switched channels. I did go back a few hours later and tried again and it wound being better than I thought it was going to be.  Looking forward to some Chad Radwell next week. Weeeeee!!!

John Stamos shower scene had me laughing - don't usually get male "sexy" shower scenes.  

Medically Blonde solves the case by examining diet - not a fan of emma roberts but she does bring the beotch.

This a fun silly show, I can' help myself.  

I get they're sort of doing a Halloween 2 thing with the hospital setting 

OH! I totally missed that. Thanks for pointing that out.

I don't know . . . this show doesn't quite work, even though I love the cast and there are moments that are truly amusing. I can't really understand why Fox brought it back. The ratings were terrible last season, no better than Grindr or Grandfathered, both of which were cancelled after one season. Surely this show is more expensive than either of those half hour sitcoms, so why was it renewed despite the low ratings?

The scene where John Stamos lost his hand in the garbage disposal . . . I just couldn't watch it. I was holding my hand over my eyes the whole time yelling "no no no no no no no."

This first episode was a bit off compared to last season's premiere.  I like the addition of Stamos and Lautner, but in small doses.  Chanel #3 is and has always been awesome.  I'm over Chanel, but I think it's because I'm over Emma Roberts. Disappointed to see Kirstie Alley...not a fan of hers either. Hopefully, we get some Denise and Chad next week and thereafter.  I miss Oliver Hudson only because he's pretty to look at. 

• Love 1

I really wish they had just done the anthology thing. The first season characters mainly worked in small doses, not as characters that will be continued for multiple seasons. 

This was more of the first season, for good and for bad. Campy and stupid, but weirdly watchable. 

But, seriously, where the hell is Chad?!?!

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, tom87 said:

Would have liked to have seen more Hester and Denise. 

I would too. I thought their scene was the one funniest of the night. Less than a minute of the two of them  was not nearly enough vs how much time chanel and chanel #5 got.  I hope this is not a sign of what's to come the rest of the season 

• Love 3

My husband and I were so excited for this.  We love this twisted, "WTF?!" show.  This felt a little... off, as many have stated, but I still loved it.  He's on the fence, but we'll give it a couple more episodes.  I kinda wish it had been a longer premier to allow for the updates on everyone and then settle into the new stuff.  

I knew Kirstie Alley was going to be on (husband lost it when she showed up, though!) but was pleasantly surprised to see Jerry O'Connell.  I felt like "this is what would have happened to Derek in Scream 2

Spoiler

had he not been killed."

Props to whoever realized this is a take on Halloween 2.  I thought of that as soon as they got in the tubs, haha.

Overall, I am excited for the new season, and the return of Chad Radwell!

Edited by Mrs. DuRona
Grammer fix.
  • Love 1

Someone help me, is Kirstie Alley the nurse in the flashback (the one who helped Jerry O'Connell dump the body in the swamp) or she is she the pregnant wife?

I'm glad this show is back, I really enjoyed the absurdity of last season but the premiere was kind of a letdown. Taylor L does nothing for me. But, I'm not giving up just yet, because I need my girl Denise to come on screen and grace us with her awesomeness!

The ghosting conversation did crack me up.

The problem I see already is that the characters were written for a particular Mileu; Munch the bittter feminist Dean; Channel the bitch sorority queen lording over everyone, etc and simply placing them in a hospital setting doesn't transplant well their types.  It shows that even comically, it doesn't make sense for them to be forced together.

If they really wanted the hospital setting, better with new characters even with similar quirks, i.e. Chanel #1 as an arrogant doctor, etc.

• Love 2

I'm watching this right now, and came here to ask about the Gaga music video, just thrown in there. 

I'm recording it, precisely because it's ridiculous, and I liked a few of the characters. I don't like it when AHS gets too crazy, but for some reason, I don't mind it so much here. 

"Please don't kill me! Kill her! She's awful!!" haha.