Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

If I don’t shower in the morning, I feel manky, I need to wash away the night 

I do think Jill needs to wash her hair more often than she does ..and cut it.. lots of it 

• Love 16

I kind of wonder how the Dugger spouses react to their new husband/wife’s poor personal hygiene once they are married. (Quite the honeymoon surprise!) I’m sure they weren’t raised with daily baths and we’ve seen how often their hair looks grungy, etc. 

I wonder if the new husband/wife needs to train their spouse in matters of personal cleanliness...

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I kind of wonder how the Dugger spouses react to their new husband/wife’s poor personal hygiene once they are married. (Quite the honeymoon surprise!) I’m sure they weren’t raised with daily baths and we’ve seen how often their hair looks grungy, etc. 

I wonder if the new husband/wife needs to train their spouse in matters of personal cleanliness...

Wouldn't surprise me since it seems basic table manners have to be introduced to them. It's like they are feral children raised by wild wolves. 😞 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Are you my sister? We washed our long hair in the kitchen sink.

That sure brings back memories.   My sister & I did the same thing.  

3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

I'm sure that is a surprise for the new spouse. 

"But it's only Monday.....Thursday is my day!"

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Totally said:

I do think Jill needs to wash her hair more often than she does ..and cut it.. lots of it 

I agree that it's too long and scraggly. I don't know about the frequency of washing it, but IMO she just doesn't care for it properly.

Somewhere upthread recently, it was posted that she said on social media that her hair gets "matted." She may have hair that's prone to matting, but if she brushes/combs it well every day that would go a long way to prevent matting. I looked it up; other methods to prevent matting include trimming off the dead split ends, which I'd bet she never does. Also, how you handle long hair when drying it after a shampoo can make a difference as to whether you get mats and snarls. 

As I write this I'm watching local TV news. There are some very intelligent and competent women on that show - anchor, reporters, traffic reporter, etc. In their 20's and 30's - and *all* of them have long hair. Seriously below-the-shoulders long hair. It's the fashion these days and not just for on-air TV people. But *none* of them have out of control Duggarish freakish long hair. 

Anyway, poor Jill's hair is just sad, and her admitting that it gets matted is just another instance of how clueless she is. With all their yakking about the godliness of their sacred long hair, didn't the Duggar daughters learn how to care for that hair while growing up? Oh, never mind. They were too busy doing housework and raising their siblings. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

If I had to fast for my husband I think it would defeat any purpose because I would be cranky as hell.  One thing I would like to ask Jill is what would she do if Derrick died or left her (for Becky in the 3rd row)?  She has no means of supporting herself and her kids.  This goes for all the Duggar women.  I think every spouse NEEDS to be able to support themselves should something terrible happen.  

Deep down they think jobs having wimen are sinning

• Love 2

Jill and Derick have been married for what, five years? When my relationship was only five years old, we had all the sex all the time. I don’t read Jill’s tips as actually being helpful tips as much as it’s just the, er, season of life she is in. She’s just still in the hot and heavy phase. Problem is, she doesn’t know it is a phase. What’s going to happen when, somewhat inevitably, neither one wants four times a week, or three times a week, or twice a week? She is going to think there is trouble in the marriage. Perhaps they (or Derick) is already hitting that point and that was part of her motivation in writing the post?

• Love 17

I still remember when the Dullards posted a picture of them giving a "homeless" couple a box of free donuts after being criticized for getting dozens of free donuts from Krispy Kreme.

• Love 7
On 6/5/2019 at 11:20 PM, Ocean Chick said:

I got you beat. I shower at night because we had 7 people and only 1 bathroom. Also learned to shower in less than 10 minutes. 

I've got both of you beat.  I grew up in a household of 10 and 1 bathroom.  The boys(6 of them) showered at night because they did not have to worry about fixing their hair.  The girls (I had a younger sister) could shower in the morning.  I think my mother took her shower after everyone had gone to school.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Brown eyed girl said:

They’d better start a dental fund for Israel.  I’m pretty sure that he’s going to need it.  His mouth is jacked up just like his father’s, bless his heart.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

They’d better start a dental fund for Israel.  I’m pretty sure that he’s going to need it.  His mouth is jacked up just like his father’s, bless his heart.

Jesus will provide a free dentist. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I can't beat anyone on size of household because there was only my Mom and Dad and me, but let's see if someone can top this:  until I was 8 or so, we had no hot water heater.  Which meant when someone took a bath (which only happened once a week, believe me) my Mom had to get out a couple of giant kettles and heat water on the stove and then mix the boiling water in the tub with the cold water from the faucet. 

• Love 4
On 6/3/2019 at 8:27 PM, BradandJanet said:

Jill's slop sounds like the godly relationship treacle Audrey and Jeremy Roloff (Little People, Big World) spout. 

Audrey says you have to kiss intentionally for 15 seconds. Take that, Jill!

• LOL 13
12 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

The poor kids only eat junk food. Surprisingly they aren’t obese. I posted a comment let’s see if she responds lol.

Not Jill, but I got a few comments from others to mind my own business! 

• LOL 13

New blog post: most of the pictures are repeats so I just included a few.

March 2019 Pictures and Videos

Jun 8, 2019 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

The month of March included some snow, Derick’s birthday, trips to the park, visits to our house under construction, and time with family and friends over Derick’s spring break!

Hope you enjoy the pictures and videos in this long overdue post! I contemplated switching to smaller, regular updates and not doing the monthly pictures and videos, but haven’t decided yet…I’m gonna try to catch up on the past few monthly ones for now. 

922C8B5A-71A5-4485-91A2-A6A5E91055F0.jpeg

E88C6A40-BF78-4648-A7E7-056265CF2514.jpeg

52B4BA69-49F2-4C4C-82E4-C2D90CF96DE5.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don't expect a one year-old or four year-old to be perfect eaters and never drop a crumb, but the state of that backseat is disgusting. Derick and Jill don't work, they should have no problem keeping a reasonably well-maintained home and car. 

Derick's birthday party looks like it was held in a garage. Amazing the things these idiots spend money on.

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

I'm not a neat freak by any stretch of the imagination but the inside of Jill's car just made my skin crawl. The grime on Iz's car seat and in the cup holders is particularly disgusting.  

Ugh, same. I was gagging looking at their backseat, it is just filthy. I don't expect a car that regularly holds two small kids to be spotless but that was just overly disgusting. I wonder if they've ever cleaned it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Ugh, same. I was gagging looking at their backseat, it is just filthy. I don't expect a car that regularly holds two small kids to be spotless but that was just overly disgusting. I wonder if they've ever cleaned it?

No 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Does Jill seriously think anyone wants to see those pictures? 

Jill has 1.6 million followers on Instagram.  She is admired and praised by so many.  She's got to feel like anything she posts will get a positive response and a negative will be either deleted or her followers will take up for whatever foolishness she posts.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't expect a one year-old or four year-old to be perfect eaters and never drop a crumb, but the state of that backseat is disgusting. Derick and Jill don't work, they should have no problem keeping a reasonably well-maintained home and car. 

Right?!?!? I watched kids in my home for years and my car and their car seats were always kept clean. I also didn't let them eat meals in the car either, we ate at home or in a restaurant. They had snacks in the car, but nothing overly messy.

Also, I never had any kind of bike in my house. They rode those outside! I had plenty of other toys and activities for them to do inside when the weather was bad. They've barely been in that house and I'm sure a few things are destroyed already.

I really wonder if Jill watches them, or at least Sam? She's posted several pictures of him getting into to stuff that he shouldn't be and wouldn't be if she was watching him more closely. I know kids get into things, but he seems to get into things that he shouldn't be.

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Eeeeeew my guess is no!!! It is filthy! How can anyone feel comfortable riding in that? I can't imagine the front seats are even much better. 

This is the problem with the duggars and their chore charts. Someone else is always picking up the slack, so if Jill just cooks, for example, or Jessa does laundry, that's all they know how to do! I wonder if it would even occur to Jill that the car needs to be cleaned out regularly...but how could it not?!

also, there are some chores that obviously need to be done more than weekly. Cleaning the kitchen needs to be on an as needed basis! I can see weekly vacuuming, dusting, washing the sheets, laundry, even cleaning the bathroom if it's not too gross...but dishes?! Nooooo! You don't do that once a week! I'm amazed that she doesn't need the same pot more than once a week. I use the same few dishes over and over! She must have a million of everything she cooks with. Then, does she just run the dishwasher fifty times that day, and wipe down the counters? That seems sooooo much harder to me than just doing the dishes as they get dirty. I'm not saying I clean my kitchen every single day...there's no need to when all of your meals have been takeout or leftovers. But for god's sake, I just don't get how you leave nasty dishes all over the place, or let the counter get that dirty!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I can see weekly vacuuming, dusting, washing the sheets, laundry, even cleaning the bathroom if it's not too gross...but dishes?! Nooooo! You don't do that once a week! I'm amazed that she doesn't need the same pot more than once a week. I use the same few dishes over and over! She must have a million of everything she cooks with. Then, does she just run the dishwasher fifty times that day, and wipe down the counters? That seems sooooo much harder to me than just doing the dishes as they get dirty. I'm not saying I clean my kitchen every single day...there's no need to when all of your meals have been takeout or leftovers. But for god's sake, I just don't get how you leave nasty dishes all over the place, or let the counter get that dirty!

I’m a single woman who lives alone in my unit. Growing up I always had dishwashers, but don’t have one here (I did install one for my mom in her unit downstairs). I batch cook my lunches for the week and am skipping dinner (intermittent fasting), and I hand wash my dishes every other day. A counter wipe down is a daily or every other day thing (usually after I get home from work). 

How do 2 adults, and 2 small children who are eating most of their meals at home only clean dishes once a week?!! I’m not the best housekeeper either, but I have the good sense to CLEAN things before I take a photo to post online. 

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That car is filthy.  What does Jill actually do all day?  

I know!!!

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m a single woman who lives alone in my unit. Growing up I always had dishwashers, but don’t have one here (I did install one for my mom in her unit downstairs). I batch cook my lunches for the week and am skipping dinner (intermittent fasting), and I hand wash my dishes every other day. A counter wipe down is a daily or every other day thing (usually after I get home from work). 

How do 2 adults, and 2 small children who are eating most of their meals at home only clean dishes once a weak?!! I’m not the best housekeeper either, but I have the good sense to CLEAN things before I take a photo to post online. 

I know!!!

Bless. You. I didn't have a dishwasher in grad school, and I'll never take it for granted again...ever! I also had such a small kitchen that I had to use the mixer under the table, because that was the only plug, and the mixer (a wedding present to my parents from 1986) had a short plug. Good times! 

Now I feel like I am LIVING because I have a dishwasher, counter space, plenty of plugs, annnnd a kitchen aid mixer! 

That's the difference between city and suburb  living, though. My friend who also lives in Chicago, that I visited last summer, didn't have a dishwasher either. She also didn't have AC, and a lot of other places didn't. On the flip side, we could get by without heat here for most of the year, but people have heat anyway because when it does get cold, it can be dangerous (as can hot temps, but at least most people have access to fans). 

But anyway, my hat is off to you! Washing everything by hand is not the most fun thing in the world. I can't believe Jill has a dishwasher and uses it only once a week...whaaaat?! I average about every 3 days, maybe two if my roommate has dirty dishes (which she often doesn't, because she doesn't cook much). Jill should be using hers! They actually work better when used regularly. And also...I agree with you about wiping down the counter. I can't imagine not at least doing that!!!

• Love 6