Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Thorkim said:

That poor baby.  Jeezus Dwreck is creepy looking here.  Well, he is in most any pictures I've seen.

Holy fuck, look at how jacked up his mouth is! Someone else mentioned recently his teeth are way off center, but I didn't really look to check. It's like his top teeth shift half an inch over. I don't even understand how this can happen. 

• Love 6

This life is short? Which life is short? Does he mean life is short. You have to give your life to Christ to begin life. Just because you give your life to Christ does not make you a good Christian. Dwerp and Josh are perfect examples of that. Stop hiding behind God. Grow up and be a real man taking care of his wife and children. Admit you have anger issues and need help. Get help for yourself and your wife. Maybe God is trying to tell you something.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

The picture of Sammy's arms blanketed to his body makes me so angry that I won't requote the picture here.

I don't care if they do it because their baby is a "puller."  All babies are pullers!  If you're dumb enough to wear shiny chandelier earrings and a 5-month old grabs them, then that's on THE ADULT.  Babies reach for things because they are SUPPOSED TO DO THAT.  What does it do to an infant's brain when their instincts are telling them to touch the shiny object but they are physically restrained from doing so?  That HAS to rearrange their tiny neurons in a destructive way.

I mean, what purpose does it serve to keep infants from doing what they are naturally supposed to be doing in order to move along at a normal pace?

Even as I typed that, I realized how dumb a question it was....I need only to look at the big batch of pasty Duggar children who cannot think for themselves, dress themselves, have any outside ideas, go to movies, read books, leave the house, etc.

Sigh.

Love this post, X 1000.  

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, zenme said:

The fact that the Dullards are posting this arm binding shit is telling me they think this mess is completely normal! 

Not only normal, but exemplary. If you follow their teachings, you, too can raise such little paragons of virtue and godliness!

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Not only normal, but exemplary. If you follow their teachings, you, too can raise such little paragons of virtue and godliness!

...or little toolbags of douchery who bash teen girls online AND/OR  joyless girls who are made to believe their uterus is more important than life itself.   Good times.  Said no one.

• Love 17

Blanket training is beyond disturbing on so many levels.  It’s one thing to deter with noises, but to smack a baby for natural curiosity?  Why not use a playpen to keep little ones from being underfoot or getting hurt?

The most disturbing thing I ever read was on pantheos about the practices at Hepzibah House, where an infant was ripped from his mother’s arms for daring to whimper during church.  The baby’s bare bottom was soundly beaten while the mother was forced to helplessly watch them do that to her baby. I wish to God that I was making this up. 

We got the wooden spoon and the house shoe pretty often as kids, but so did our peers. Many of them also got the belt, which we rarely did.  We never had a mark or a bruise left on us, but pretty soon “grounding” became the punishment of choice. 

• Love 10

I'm sure Michelle taught the older girls how to discipline via Pearl Methods.

Jill actually thought it was a good idea because she appears to be doing this with her children.

It appears that jessa did not like it for some reason and appears to not be doing this with her children.  I'm going to take a guess that Jinger would not do that either.  Joy? No sure...depends on Austin. Kendra? No idea. Anna? We have never seen evidence.  Maybe Josh saw his younger siblings being "trained" and didn't like it at all. Jana? That's interesting...no idea how much she follows what Mama and Daddy say. 

The whole thing is very sick and Cathy is a very disturbed person. I guess we can really see who Derick takes after.  Both Cathy and Derick had us fooled. We thought Derick was somewhat normal and Cathy to be the "loving" grandma. Apparently Cathy has issues and isn't much better than Michelle & Jim Bob. 

• Love 20

Not only do I think that J'chelle taught the older girls the Pearl methods, but I imagine that she 100% expects their children to be blanket trained. If the children are going to spend any amount of time at the TTH -- and they all appear to spend a LOT of time there -- she would not be okay with them not being properly "trained." Since she's the absolute, world's #1 expert on child rearing, the idea that any of her daughters would not use her methods is unthinkable. 

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Haven't we heard the kids say something about "telling Jana" or "going to get Jana" like it's some kind of threat? And it snaps whoever is acting up back in line?

I have the feeling Jana is right in there with this "discipline" thing. I've just never bought the image she projects, all sweetness and shit. I think when the cameras are not rolling, Jana has .... another side, shall we say?

I always knew Jill was the family snitch, a little goodie two shoes. But I didn't think she'd have it in her to smack her kids with spoons or bind them up in some kind of homemade baby straight jacket. Who knew.

Jessa was the one I thought would have little tolerance for kiddie shenanigans and would rule with an iron fist. Turns out she (at least appears) to be a rather doting and playful mom. 

Joy ... ahhh, Joy.  Joy I think will be the kind of mom who puts her baby in its seat on the roof of the car, forgets he's there, and drives off.  She has no business raising a child. She still IS a child.

I agree about Jana and you are correct I remember them talking about "you don't want them to get Jana" we know we are in trouble then along those lines.  I don't remember which J said it though.

• Love 9

Back to Cathy and her cutesy wooden spoon picture. I still think she actually gifted that to the Dillards for Christmas.

On FG, under the Lori Alexander thread, there was once a discussion of how Lori gifted a paddle to her adult daughter, who had an infant. And her daughter claimed to be so blessed by her mom's thoughtful gift.  Gag.  Of course, Lori advocates using a leather strap on a toddler's bare bottom.  Sick.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

Has anyone seen a picture of little Sammy smiling yet? He always looks vaguely gobsmacked to me. There is such an enormous difference between Jill's kids and Jessa's; Spurgie and Wilberforce always look happy and smiling and the Dullard's kids just... don't.

I do think that Jessa is a better mother than Jill, but I also think that the pictures are somewhat deceiving. 

Jessa is all about the brand, and she spends a lot of time, and puts a lot of effort into creating and editing the content she posts.

Jill is completely oblivious to the picture she portrays of herself. More often than not, she looks like an unmade bed. The photos of the kids are posted with no thought to how they might appear to others. Amost every picture that she posts didn't need to be taken, and certainly didn't need to be posted: swaddled Izzy screaming on the floor, Izzy licking a fan, any of the partially swaddled images of Sam, Sam dumped on the floor while the family enjoyed dinner, etc., etc.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Vaysh said:

Has anyone seen a picture of little Sammy smiling yet? He always looks vaguely gobsmacked to me. There is such an enormous difference between Jill's kids and Jessa's; Spurgie and Wilberforce always look happy and smiling and the Dullard's kids just... don't.

Izzy has smiled at times, but I agree not as much as Spurgeon, and he is several months older than him. I don't expect Sammy to hit the same developmental milestones as Henry as he is several months younger than him; that said, Sammy is still 5 - 6 months old at this point so developmentally he should be able to socially smile and we just haven't seen that in his most recent pics.  Sammy's eyes do look a little bug-eyed (gobsmacked is a pretty accurate term). What did Izzy look like at 6 months? Did he have the same gobsmacked look?

I have to say I like when Jessa posts side-by-side pics of her sons at the same age because it's fun to compare the two and they both seem happy. Jill has not posted side-by-side pics of her kids (not that she has to).

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 6

I wonder if seeing his brother with his kids makes Dan Dillard wait on having kids.  Or maybe not have kids.   I've peeked at his wife Deena's Instagram.  Yes there are lots of religious quotes and pictures but they don't seem as...mean-spirited?...as Derick's.  Also they have cute dogs and they seem to realize they are NOT ready for kids now.  So one up on them.

• Love 6

I'm seriously side-eyeing both Dan and Deena. It appears that they see nothing wrong with straitjacketing baby Sam.

If my s-i-l ever did something like that to my niece/nephew, she would've gotten an earful from me and I would've freed their arms. Not to mention my mother would've reamed her a new one. When my niece/nephew were babies, they'd grab my glasses and necklace all the time. I'd gently disengage their little fingers and give them a rattle or toy to distract them. It didn't always work but I kept offering the distraction.

Edited by scriggle
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, scriggle said:

I'm seriously side-eyeing both Dan and Deena. It appears that they see nothing wrong with straitjacketing baby Sam.

If my s-i-l ever did something like that to my niece/nephew, she would've gotten an earful from me and I would've freed their arms. Not to mention my mother would've reamed her a new one. When my niece/nephew were babies, they'd grab and my glasses and necklace all the time. I'd gently disengage their little fingers and give them a rattle or toy to distract them. It didn't always work but I kept offering the distraction.

I get the impression that Cathy may be a little cowed by Derick, and it might be true that Dan isn't going to make any "suggestions" to Derick either. We all know, too, that the Duggars know everything there is to know about any subject that happen to have been exposed to for 20 minutes, so there is no way that Jilly-Muffin isn't an expert on child rearing.

Given Derick's expressed beliefs, I'm pretty sure he would be behind anything that appeared to be 1) old-fashioned 2) mean-spirited 3) controlling. I think that blanket-training would tick a lot a boxes for an asshat like Derick.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I do think that Jessa is a better mother than Jill, but I also think that the pictures are somewhat deceiving. 

Jessa is all about the brand, and she spends a lot of time, and puts a lot of effort into creating and editing the content she posts.

I feel the same. Jessa is all great and loving now, but I have no doubts that'll fly out the window when she's six kids deep and the TLC sugar daddies have kicked her to the curb. 

• Love 7
On 12/31/2017 at 6:34 PM, graefin said:

These people are all made from the same mold:

What???  WHAT??  Really?!  The fact that those shirts exist, were given to her sons as Christmas gifts, they’d proudly take a photo with them, AND post it, is mind boggling, and sickening. I wonder if Mr B is on board and finds it humorous as well. 

These people should never claim the name of Christ, or think they have some leg up on the rest of us with having kindness and peace, or parenting expertise.  

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, EAG46 said:

I wonder if seeing his brother with his kids makes Dan Dillard wait on having kids.  Or maybe not have kids.   I've peeked at his wife Deena's Instagram.  Yes there are lots of religious quotes and pictures but they don't seem as...mean-spirited?...as Derick's.  Also they have cute dogs and they seem to realize they are NOT ready for kids now.  So one up on them.

Good for them. Dan and his now wife were still dating when Derick married Jill. Getting to know someone before marriage. Imagine that. I don’t like Dan. He’s said some sketchy things that I can’t quite remember right now, and he looks like the Brawny Man as a White Walker, but compared to his brother, he’s a saint. At least he appears to work. I wonder if Derick wanted to find a girlfriend because his brother had one. I’m surprised he didn’t convert a bride in Nepal. He seemed happy there and somewhat open and respectful of their culture. I don’t know if he was just an undercover a-hole then, or he’s grown into one since hooking up with the Duggars.

• Love 8

Dan was dating another girl when Derelict and Jill got married. He'd only dated Deena for a year or so when they got married. But still least it was all face to face dating, without chaperones! 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Dan was dating another girl when Derelict and Jill got married. He'd only dated Deena for a year or so when they got married. But still least it was all face to face dating, without chaperones! 

That was another girl? Was she a blonde too? I thought Deena looked different, but I just assumed she lost weight.

• Love 1

If my s-i-l ever did something like that to my niece/nephew, she would've gotten an earful from me and I would've freed their arms. Not to mention my mother would've reamed her a new one. When my niece/nephew were babies, they'd grab my glasses and necklace all the time. I'd gently disengage their little fingers and give them a rattle or toy to distract them. It didn't always work but I kept offering the distraction.

I think it would not matter if Dan and Deena said anything about Sam. I do think either Derick or Jill would listen or be receptive. There are some parents that do not want to hear any sort of comments about their parenting style, even for far less extreme issues than straitjacketing a baby. It does not matter how it is brought up or the manner in which anything was said, they do not want to hear it and think their way is best. 

• Love 13
54 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

That was another girl? Was she a blonde too? I thought Deena looked different, but I just assumed she lost weight.

There was a girl named Chelsea before.  She wore pants, went to college, had a ton of friends, was in a sorority and worked an actual job.  She seemed pretty normal, but she disappeared and then Deena was suddenly there not long after. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This is from stopchildabuse.com

Legal Child Discipline

Children are valued and cared for in Arkansas. The state has passed laws concerning child discipline in order to protect children from physical abuse and neglect. As a parent or caretaker, it is important to know the law in Arkansas.  According to state law, the word "abuse" does not include some physical discipline of a child. 

Arkansas laws have made certain actions illegal. For any person entrusted with , including parents or guardians, it is illegal to use extreme or repeated cruelty. In general, the law prohibits physical, psychological, or sexual abuse of any child. 

Physical Abuse 

As a parent or guardian, you are morally and legally responsible for the welfare of your child. Please remember the following actions are considered unreasonable, as written in state law (this list does not include all punishable actions; for more info, call 501-683-2042): 

Striking a child on the face or head

Shaking a child under age three

Shaking any child in a way that causes physical injury

Striking a child with a closed fist

Throwing, kicking, burning, biting, or cutting a child

Interfering with a child’s breathing

Threatening a child with a deadly weapon

Pinching, striking, or biting a child’s genitals

Causing greater than passing pain or leave more than minor temporary marks

Tying a child to a fixed or heavy object or binding or tying a child’s limbs together

Giving a child or permitting a child to consume or inhale a poisonous or noxious substance not prescribed by a physician that can interfere with normal functions

Giving a child or permitting a child to consume or inhale a substance that can alter their mood, if it has not been prescribed by a physician, including but not limited to: marijuana; alcohol (except alcohol used in a recognized and established religious ceremony); narcotics; inappropriate over-the-counter drugs or even appropriate over-the-counter drugs if a person purposely administers an overdose to a child and the child suffers negative consequences from the overdose or inappropriate over-the-counter drug

Exposing a child to chemicals that have the capacity to interfere with normal functions, such as chemicals used or generated during the making of methamphetamine

Causing a child to believe they have an illness they do not have (Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy) if the incident is reported and confirmed by medical staff or a medical facility

ugh.....

Christ on a cracker... What a disturbing list... And you know some sicko has done all of these to some poor child... Smh. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Good for them. Dan and his now wife were still dating when Derick married Jill. Getting to know someone before marriage. Imagine that. I don’t like Dan. He’s said some sketchy things that I can’t quite remember right now, and he looks like the Brawny Man as a White Walker, but compared to his brother, he’s a saint. At least he appears to work. I wonder if Derick wanted to find a girlfriend because his brother had one. I’m surprised he didn’t convert a bride in Nepal. He seemed happy there and somewhat open and respectful of their culture. I don’t know if he was just an undercover a-hole then, or he’s grown into one since hooking up with the Duggars.

"Brawny Man as a White Walker" - too funny!

• Love 4

I sometimes think the whole Dilliard family has gone off the rails, including Miss Cathy.  I would really love to know what they were like before they met the Duggars.  Only Jill would find a husband whose family is crazier than her own.  I picture her someday telling ol'Jim Bob he's not religious enough!

• Love 17

I'm sure Cathy is promoting "spare the rod, spoil the child". Folks my age and older post ridiculous crap about the entitled, rude, poorly behaved younger generation all the time on FB, alluding to the lack of firm parenting. I want to say, "Where the hell are you all hanging out? Most of the younger people I encounter are awesome".

And the other, we survived ... posts, like - Car seats? We survived riding in the back of a pick-up!

Ugh, I never sat in a car seat or wore seat belts when I was younger. My children did. Even though my kids were never in a car accident while in car seats, I'm sure many kids were. 

Cathy and Derick need to shut the fuck up.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, flyingdi said:

I sometimes think the whole Dilliard family has gone off the rails, including Miss Cathy.  I would really love to know what they were like before they met the Duggars.  Only Jill would find a husband whose family is crazier than her own.  I picture her someday telling ol'Jim Bob he's not religious enough!

As long as she or Dreck or one of the boys push him around in an office chair, that would be Karma with a capital K.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, scriggle said:

2 rules I live by - 1) don't engage the crazy and 2) you can't fix stupid. Since Derrick and Jill meet both criteria, perhaps Dan and Deena just slowly back away......

• Love 22

What in the ever living fuck (sorry, I guess my New Years resolution was to swear MORE) is with the straight jacket? I’ve never seen anything like that. Oh those poor kids. 

I wonder if anyone had ever brought up marfans to Dreck? My son is very tall (6’6), but doesn’t have the classic features that Dreck does.  The long face, fingers, etc. My sister’s high school friend died from that. Dreck looks very similar. And judging from the rest of his family ... they look nothing like that. Do these gals ever wonder about what would happen to them without their men? Do they do life insurance? 

• Love 9

In re: Deena holding a bound Sam, maybe she just wanted to hold him and Jill was insisting on his being swaddled like that?  Still, that has to be grating on that poor baby’s last nerve. Imagine being inhibited like that. I don’t like clothing that’s too tight. I can’t fathom having my arms tied down. Babies need to explore and touch things. It’s in their nature and how they grow. Way to stunt their development from the very beginning. 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

What in the ever living fuck (sorry, I guess my New Years resolution was to swear MORE) is with the straight jacket? I’ve never seen anything like that. Oh those poor kids. 

I wonder if anyone had ever brought up marfans to Dreck? My son is very tall (6’6), but doesn’t have the classic features that Dreck does.  The long face, fingers, etc. My sister’s high school friend died from that. Dreck looks very similar. And judging from the rest of his family ... they look nothing like that. Do these gals ever wonder about what would happen to them without their men? Do they do life insurance? 

interesting observation -- i have long wondered about that. i had a student that had marfans and he could not really participate in sports due to the limitations on his heart from the marfans. i wonder if that would explain the sickness derrick gets when he runs? 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Jill did mentioned she worried something could happen to Dwerp Boy when they were in Danger America. I guess nothing bad could happen to him in the good ole USA. They probably have no will or insurance since God is taking care of them because they are the bestest, special, blessed people on the planet. Jill probably would move back to the family compound, do her woe is me because my husband is gone while she expects her sisters to take care of her children because she is grieving. JB may try to find another husband for her because to him this would be ratings gold to find another husband for a daughter who lost her husband.

We beat the dead horse speculation of Derick having Marfans to death last year.  We had a couple of posters living with the condition who didn’t think he had it.  We figured they were more qualified to speak to it than any of us not in the medical profession.  I don’t think Toilet Doula Husband is qualified to diagnose Dreck with the common cold, let alone Marfans.  It’s not common and is often missed.  Plenty of people built like Olive Oyl walking around who haven’t got it.

• Love 12
Just now, Churchhoney said:

Personally I won't be happy unless they regularly dump him off the chair. Preferably into a pile of Jessa's dirty diapers or the like. "Accidentally," of course. 

Churchie, have I told you lately how much I love you? I would have sprayed my tablet had I been drinking my tea. That post was awesome. I expect it will turn pink in a few minutes.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Personally I won't be happy unless they regularly dump him off the chair. Preferably into a pile of Jessa's dirty diapers or the like. "Accidentally," of course. 

I'm wondering if by now JB is shaking in his pants about verbally slamming his dad and showing such disrespect in the end. It opens an eensy weensy sliver of a door for his children to think, hmmm ...

Never mind, his kids would have to think.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Churchie, have I told you lately how much I love you? I would have sprayed my tablet had I been drinking my tea. That post was awesome. I expect it will turn pink in a few minutes.

Thanks. I haven't told you lately how much I love you either. So ... I love you, too. I don't want to ruin your tablet, though. ;  )

• Love 5