Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Re:

Jessa vs Jill

1. I believe that Jessa has a higher natural intelligence than Jill.  Neither is a genius but Jessa seems sharper.  Jessa is more likely to actually think a few things through. Jill is a giggle box.

Maybe.  But, Jill passed her GED and Jessa didn't.  

• Love 2

I thought Jessa had to have passed her GED to become the 'teacher' at the SOTDRT.

Meanwhile, on Derrick's earlier retweeting of the 'killing babies is not health care' tweet - I may be remembering wrong, but I'm sure I recall him going on an anti-choice tangent when Jill was pregnant with Sam. Maybe she didn't have (suspected) fertility ending complications after Sam, and is pregnant again, against the medical advice of the doctors who treated her when Sam was born. (Pure speculation on my part).

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, kalamac said:

I thought Jessa had to have passed her GED to become the 'teacher' at the SOTDRT.

No. I don't know who did or didn't take or pass GEDs in that family, but, like most states, Arkansas has no minimum-education requirements for teaching homeschool. It's entirely at the parents' discretion. So you can homeschool kids in Arkansas even if you never even passed homeschool kindergarten yourself, if that's what the parents want. 

Interestingly, Arkansas is one of the few states that won't allow you to homeschool if a sex offender lives in your home. .... But obviously the Duggs took care of that by ensuring that Josh's case never got anywhere near that point. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

Maybe.  But, Jill passed her GED and Jessa didn't.  

I don't believe we know that as solid fact.  Michelle quit announcing the GED test sitting.  That doesn't mean they didn't do it.  I'm pretty sure Jinger took the GED so more than likely Jessa did also.  At one point it was Michelle's plan for all the children to take the test.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I don't believe we know that as solid fact.  Michelle quit announcing the GED test sitting.  That doesn't mean they didn't do it.  I'm pretty sure Jinger took the GED so more than likely Jessa did also.  At one point it was Michelle's plan for all the children to take the test.

Over the years, Michelle has posted on her blog when each kid passed the GED test.  It's always near the time they finish homeschool and get the phony graduation certificate.  These are the kids Michelle says passed the test:  Josh, John David, Jill, and Jinger. You can go back and read all of the posts on Michelle's blog.  Homeschool graduation used to be at age 16; now it is at age 17.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, amitville said:

The picture of baby Sam has me so upset .  I personally wish someone would take there children away .  They are just awful people.  Rant over carry on again just my humble opinion.

You're not alone.  I feel exactly the same way.  I will preface this statement with Mr. Six & I do not have kids.  I am *very* against spanking as discipline, especially in regards to infants/toddlers.  They may not understand what they are being punished for.  However, they may understand that if something they have done is perceived as 'wrong', mommy and/or daddy spanks them.  To me, that's a recipe for making them fearful of their own parents.  It's beating the spirit out of them.  They will not remember what they did wrong, but they sure as hell will remember being hit.   Now, if another family member or friend spanked and/or hit my hypothetical child, there will be hell to pay in spades.  I hope this makes some resemblance of sense.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

Re: Jessa vs Jill

Two things.

1. I believe that Jessa has a higher natural intelligence than Jill.  Neither is a genius but Jessa seems sharper.  Jessa is more likely to actually think a few things through. Jill is a giggle box.

2. The husbands.  Ben is younger & less educated but I have way more faith in Ben to parent his kids appropriately and with more kindness than Derick.  Derick is seriously messed up. On top of that, Derick is very cocky and so is his mother.  

Interesting comparison....I don't know about intrinsic intelligence, but I actually think that Jill is more willing to learn and work hard at learning. I think she genuinely enjoyed her midwifery 'training', and is an eager beaver by personality, so is willing to put the hard yards in. If she had mainstream education, she could have achieved so much more!

I think Jessa is sharper, but also lazy and massively insecure, and won't try anything unless she knows she'll be great at it. Learning new things means admitting how little you know to start with, and Jill is willing to do that - Jessa not.

Totally agree that if I had to leave a child with a husband, I'd choose Ben. Just not in Ben's house. It must stink and be full of fluff.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Over the years, Michelle has posted on her blog when each kid passed the GED test.  It's always near the time they finish homeschool and get the phony graduation certificate.  These are the kids Michelle says passed the test:  Josh, John David, Jill, and Jinger. You can go back and read all of the posts on Michelle's blog.  Homeschool graduation used to be at age 16; now it is at age 17.

If I felt like wasting my time that is.  I really don't trust Michelle to be diligent about posting for each child.  I think she'd post if she thought about it in the moment.

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

Totally agree that if I had to leave a child with a husband, I'd choose Ben. Just not in Ben's house. It must stink and be full of fluff.

And Ben’s snot rags and a nice pile of dirty diapers! Sorry to keep bringing it up, but that was a sight that could never be unseen.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

And Ben’s snot rags and a nice pile of dirty diapers! Sorry to keep bringing it up, but that was a sight that could never be unseen.

Don't forget even Joy being grossed out about all the snot on the couch in an episode of Counting On.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Don't forget even Joy being grossed out about all the snot on the couch in an episode of Counting On.

Hahaha, Ok, We need to put the child in a hazmat suit! 

I guess jessa would save all of our poopy diapers and return them to us with a nice bow? Even take a few souvenir photos! 

Too funny, this made me laugh!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

So passing the GED is their highest educational goal?  That's just sad.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, toodles said:

So passing the GED is their highest educational goal?  That's just sad.

Some homeschoolers do that and some do not.  That is really a matter of opinion. 

I did not do a GED with my homeschooled kids. I did think about it but decided against it. 

49 minutes ago, Marigold said:

yeah, I'm procrastinating work...

I googled around and according to this, jessa does have her GED but who knows if this is accurate. 

http://fundamentalists.wikia.com/wiki/Jessa_Seewald#cite_note-2

Not to nit pick but the bio says Jessa took the GED test. It doesn't say she passed it. The Duggar habit of telling half truths makes me suspicious of everything they claim. 

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

In re: Deena holding a bound Sam, maybe she just wanted to hold him and Jill was insisting on his being swaddled like that?  Still, that has to be grating on that poor baby’s last nerve. Imagine being inhibited like that. I don’t like clothing that’s too tight. I can’t fathom having my arms tied down. Babies need to explore and touch things. It’s in their nature and how they grow. Way to stunt their development from the very beginning. 

I know, nooooo, don't bind his arms, the tasty wee bite.  

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:19 PM, Whyyouneedaname said:

Looks like D has got his braces off, either that or the clear ones. His mouth/teeth is finally looking almost normal. 

IMG_0882.PNG

When I enlarge the picture, it still looks like clear braces to me.  But who knows?

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:08 PM, ginger90 said:

I don’t know why they post videos. It makes me wonder if they view them before they post them. And if they  do, what do THEY see?

Samuel is a cutie though

Izzy looks like he's winding up for a sneeze, and Sammie's thinking, "there he goes again!".

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, tabloidlover said:

He doesn't even have his arm wrapped around Sammy ffs.   He's just tucked in there as an afterthought.  He's suck a jackass.

I know people like to comment that Jill and Derick are rotten, neglectful parents who ignore their kids, feel no affection for them, and rarely nurture them.  But this pic reminds me of my mom and her "grandson".  He was quite the wiggle worm, but very content when he could be propped upright and keep up on the action.  He's was about five months old, and she'd gently wedge him between her and her soft EZ chair, and they'd talk, watch a little TV, and interact with the dog and visitors.  He could fight his way out but never did, and often fell asleep snuggled up against my mother's side.  Looks like Sammie has his blankie, pacifier, stuffed animal, and the physical touch of being nestled up against father's side.  Izzie, on the other hand, looks like he may be ready to book, and requires a little more work to keep in the picture.  And rather than treating Izzie roughly and giving speeches about original sin and devil's spawn, Derick seem to be handling the situation in a calm and loving way.

Edited by RedheadZombie
My mom's "grandsons" are the children of the cousin I raised. Therefore grandson is in quotes.
  • Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:04 PM, ginger90 said:

He posts such dopey things but doesn’t actually respond to the question. The question was, Last year you said Santa wasn’t real. Contradicting much?

My cousin was raised Pentecostal, but settled into a Catholic church of her husband's, until they refused to give her communion when she had a severe migraine.  Anyway, other than once teaching her toddler to scream, "Al Gore kills babies!", she was a very nurturing mother who was convinced her kids were brilliant (and one actually was).  So she decided that at the age of 2 years and 1 month,  Justin was "ready" to hear the truth about Santa Claus.  The kids was crushed and devastated, and she had to stage a very convoluted, intricate story to take back what she had already said.  Considering he had a brother two years younger, it was simply an arrogant decision she had made to prove how mature and beyond myth believing her toddler was.  Mayor fail.  Another aunt lived barely above poverty level, and she refused to allow Santa to take credit for her hard earned toys.  I think she slipped some candy in the stocking for Santa.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

How does she know it’s snot? I wouldn’t be surprised at the bodily fluids on that couch! Shudder!

Joy came over to help her clean and Jessa gave her a damp facecloth to clean it up. If I'm remembering correctly Joy asked what it was she was cleaning and Jessa told her.

• Love 2

Didn't the twins, Jed & Jer have the "announcement" of passing their GED a while back?   

I agree that while Jessa might pursue things that come easy to her, she'll ditch anything she can't master quickly.  Jill seems like the type to keep plodding along until somebody tells her to stop.  I don't think she's bright enough to know when to say when. 

• Love 8

At what age are you supposed to stop swaddling?  Sorry, don't have any kids.

At what age are you supposed to stop swaddling?  Sorry, don't have any kids. Many years ago my mom just used a playpen until my older brother decided it was time to "free the prisoner" and ripped through it.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

At what age are you supposed to stop swaddling?  Sorry, don't have any kids.

At what age are you supposed to stop swaddling?  Sorry, don't have any kids. Many years ago my mom just used a playpen until my older brother decided it was time to "free the prisoner" and ripped through it.

The average age to stop swaddling baby is around 3 or 4 months of age. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

The average age to stop swaddling baby is around 3 or 4 months of age. 

And swaddling is mainly to help the baby calm down and sleep.  It's not a 24/7 thing.  Babies don't want/need swaddling when they're awake and active.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

And swaddling is mainly to help the baby calm down and sleep.  It's not a 24/7 thing.  Babies don't want/need swaddling when they're awake and active.

If swaddling doesn't soothe a baby, then it should never be done to the baby.  

This is sadistic:

0 00 1 Izzy.jpg

0 00 1 Izzy 2.jpg

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 22

I knew it would only be a matter of time before The Screaming Grub photo series would be trotted out again. Poor little laddie.  If he still liked it would be one thing, but it’s clear from the photo that he doesn’t find it comforting at all. 

Hes not just swaddled, he looks like he’s pupated. Those brainless nitwits did that to their child in Central America in the summer with iffy air conditioning. 

Im just filled with rage looking at this, and the contempt I feel for his parents keeps growing.

• Love 24
38 minutes ago, Mya said:

I wonder why no on reports those pictures to Child Services?

Because it happened in another country, years ago.  And, it would be easy enough to explain it away.  Children's Services sees so much horror on a daily basis, that stuff like this is minor.  Just a couple weeks ago, a mentally ill mom was found to have buried her 5 year old in the backyard (cause of death still pending, but probably neglect).  The other kids in the house were eating sandwiches with roaches crawling on them.  Turns out multiple family members had reported their concerns to the County and they'd checked on them several times but left the kids in the house.  Finally, her boyfriend told his brother, a soldier stationed overseas, about burying the 5 year old.  The guy called the cops from Pakistan, for God's sake, and they went out and found the body.

• Love 21
On 1/1/2018 at 10:54 PM, Misslindsey said:

There are some parents that do not want to hear any sort of comments about their parenting style, even for far less extreme issues than straitjacketing a baby. It does not matter how it is brought up or the manner in which anything was said, they do not want to hear it and think their way is best. 

I'm not sure ANY parents appreciate negative comments about their parenting! Over the holidays I overheard my husband counseling one (as yet childless) family member to keep her concerns about another relative's parenting to herself because "it never goes well." He did specify that one should speak up in the case of clearcut abuse, however. And as others have pointed out here, the screaming grub pictures seem to depict at least borderline abuse.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Portia said:

And as others have pointed out here, the screaming grub pictures seem to depict at least borderline abuse.

It’s nothing like the horror Doodlebug shared, but it’s definitely upsetting to see the screaming Grub.  

We all know that the Dillards are feckless about a good many things, but this becomes far more upsetting now we are thinking this is PUNITIVE and NOT simply inexperienced parenting. 

• Love 8
On 12/20/2017 at 3:10 PM, ariel said:

The kid in orange & the one in front of Jess look scared sh*ttless.  They are the Adams Family without the charm.

So I am late to the game commenting on this pic.  What bothers ME is Dreck's kids are off to the side when they should be front and center in the pic like the Seewalds.  I cannot articulate exactly what I am thinking but I don't like that the kids of the Dreck's are off to the side as if they are not important.  

• Love 8
On 12/20/2017 at 4:06 PM, Maharincess said:

Can I ask a question?  What's wrong with just writing the words out in full?  It doesn't take more than a second to write it.  I don't use the initials and acronyms so maybe there's a solid reason to use them but I haven't figured out what it is yet. 

I am always having to google what stuff means.  I loathe 'text speak' but also find myself abbreviating some stuff (more than I should probably).  When I first started my job I had to do ads for banners of all our events.  I asked the concert coordinator what to put for the concert on X date.  She wrote back 'idk the stuff'.  Well that is what was listed as THE artist.  Made my new boss laugh!

Derek is an idiot who I fear will get worse and worse as time marches on.   I have always found Jill pretty insufferable so I am thinking its a perfect match.  Their kids are who I feel sorry for.  

• Love 4
On 12/21/2017 at 7:04 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

Ooooo...that sounds dirty!!

Twatting oneself gets you time in the prayer closet.  WITH NO SNACKS!  But you do get a sermon from King Boob so you for that going for you!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Aja said:

Yes, Derick. Killing a baby=healthcare is exactly the point of Planned Parenthood, so bravo for analyzing all the nuances and reading others' Twats and coming up with that TOTAL MIC-DROP assessment. 

(Being obsessed with gay sex is NOT heterosexual being obsessed with gay sex is NOT heterosexual being obsessed with gay sex is NOT heterosexual)

Oh AJA, can I tweet this to this douchbag. I'll tell him it's from a friend! :)

• Love 9
On 12/22/2017 at 7:11 PM, cmr2014 said:

When I was in college I attended lots of meals of this type. I enjoy discussing religion with people and found that the people who gave these meals were almost universally surprised that I knew something about their beliefs, and would press them directly about points of dogma. While they would sometimes follow-up and drop by my house, most of them drifted off pretty quickly because I showed no interest in joining (I did remain friends with one young man -- the leader of a group of Moonies -- for a while, but that's another story).

They were clearly looking for people who appeared un-moored -- away from family for the first time, etc. If this was anything other than an established Protestant church, it would be called what it is: a cult looking to ensnare vulnerable people. I could be wrong, but I think that most of the international students will just feel embarrassed for them and will eventually give them a wide berth.

Working at a University with many international students I find most of them are super friendly and willing to take an invitation to events sponsored by other groups be it a meal, dance, cultural show  We also get a high number of international students who once they get here are food insecure and are the ones that use our school foodbank the most.  It is expensive to live abroad and after paying higher tuition many don't have a lot of disposable income (while others drive cars that cost about 2 years of my salary).  So them taking someone up on an offer of dinner doesn't surprise me.    I can see a new student at their campus being approached by a disheveled fundie carting kids and accepting a dinner invite cause you know, FOOD.  Doesn't mean you have to attend a second time.  I find their approach gross.  Personally if I were on a search for a church to attend I would google or search on my own.  Some strange fundie type stopping me on the street would be an automatic no.  I would wonder why they were trying so hard to get followers.

Most colleges have what can be referred to as the 'God Squad' hanging outside the student union at the beginning of every quarter/semester (no offense meant, I didn't make up the name!).  Most are benign and just nice people letting new students know who and what they are and when they meet.  We have a group that does whats called Jesus Burgers where they make sure they have free food to give to the partiers on Del Playa.  No need to be part of them or hear a sermon to get a burger when you are drunk.  There is also a group that hands out water on DP to make sure the drunkards are hydrated.  One doesn't have to be a pushy asshole to attract people.  I find Derek to be a pushy asshole.  They try and 'sell' their religion like as that poster said, Amway.  But pushier.

• Love 15
On 12/26/2017 at 9:19 AM, Whyyouneedaname said:

Looks like D has got his braces off, either that or the clear ones. His mouth/teeth is finally looking almost normal. 

IMG_0882.PNG

Again, Sammy is looking like 'who are these weirdos and why was I dropped HERE???'  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

So I am late to the game commenting on this pic.  What bothers ME is Dreck's kids are off to the side when they should be front and center in the pic like the Seewalds.  I cannot articulate exactly what I am thinking but I don't like that the kids of the Dreck's are off to the side as if they are not important.  

What photo are you talking about? I went back a few pages and didn't see it. 

8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What photo are you talking about? I went back a few pages and didn't see it. 

It's within the IG post with the boys in matching outfits. You have to scroll through to see it.